DreamWorks Animation Employee Reviews

Fun work place with ping pong tables
Corporate Communications / Publicity (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Amazing company but changes are happening with the new take over. great free lunches and training. Management was good but again there are a lot of changes currently happening
Pros
great culture and environment
Cons
low pay
Most enjoyable part of the job
Director of Live Event Marketing (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 11, 2017
I truly enjoyed my first two roles at DreamWorks. I had a lot of autonomy and ownership of my projects and was a trusted member of the senior leadership team.
Pros
Ownership and exposure to senior leadership
Great place to work prior to NBC/Universal purchase
Music Clearance Administrator (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 15, 2016
It's been a great place to work, but current conditions are unstable and many are losing their jobs as Comcast determines how to proceed with production and department redundancies are identified.
Pros
Beautiful campus, free meals
Cons
Current unstable work
An amazing place to work
Sr. Interactive Manager (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 26, 2016
Loved my time there. Feel blessed. They really know work/life balance. The perks put most media companies to shame. They offer continuing education classes and onsite heath care.
Great company to work for
Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 7, 2016
This company is a great company to work for. Unlike other studios I have worked for, DreamWorks Animations is very family like. The CEO knows everyones name. I love the free lunches and the family I have developed while working here.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Great Environment with Wonderful People
International Post Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 1, 2016
This is a great place to work. It has a friendly and homey environment. The people are fantastic and the food is very good.
Pros
Free Breakfast and Lunch. Great Benefits.
Cons
Pay is low for starting positions.
Productive and fun place to work
Exec. Asst. Head of Production Finance (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAApril 1, 2016
Great Company to work for. College Campus like environment. Management can use a little work as far as the way they treat their assistants.
Good company culture
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 22, 2016
I work as a software intern here and people in the company are really nice and there have many events every day.
There provide breakfast and lunch which is very nice. Team members are kind and always discuss together.
Technically challenging and fun place to work.
Operations Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 17, 2015
I supported the technical needs of over 2,000 employees who were mostly concentrated in California, but others who were in London, India and China. In addition, working on technology projects that the studio was pioneering was incredibly rewarding.
Awesomeness TV
Production, Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 30, 2015
I worked for the Awesomness TV division of Dreamworks. This is a very creative place as well as a very diverse place to work. You will be thrown into many different scenarios and assignments
Wonderful environment
Executive Assistant to Deputy CFO (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 10, 2015
Great "campus"/studio environment. Free meals really help balance out their slightly lower salaries. I'd return if there were a position for me.
Pros
Free meals (breakfast and lunch), beautiful campus
Cons
Lower salaries, job stability
DreamWorks is a creative company that inspires their talent to dream bigger dreams.
VP of Global Retail Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMay 6, 2015
I was hired to set the retail sales and trade marketing strategy and vision for the Consumer Products Division, as well as, recruited and hired an elite team of 14 professionals. 50% of the job required travel, domestic and international. The best of my job was working with so many talented team members across all functions of the Studio.
Work hard, play hard. Fantastic Company!
Payroll Manager - Consultant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 31, 2015
I was the manager of a very busy department, but I had a wonderful team and we enjoyed our work and time we spent together. We all had the same passion & enthusiasm to perform our jobs at the highest level
Pros
Free meals! Gorgeous campus!
Cons
None!
We made cartoons
Global Brand Creative Design and Development (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Fun place to work. Wish the movies were more profitable. Hope Dreamworks finds a way to flip the graph so that the line climbs up.
Fun, Fast Paced and Challenging
Product Development Intern - Consumer Products (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 13, 2015
DreamWorks Animation SKG is a tremendous place to work. Their competitive nature allows many employees to collaboratively work together, achieving maximum value from their work.
Creative, energetic and exciting place to work
Recruiting Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 16, 2014
DreamWorks Animation is a wonderful place to work. The studio is a very relaxed, university environment that fosters creativity and productivity.
Pros
Free Breakfast and Lunch provided by studio daily
Awesome place to intern
Production Intern (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CASeptember 3, 2014
This company really does a lot for its interns including classes with executives almost every Friday. Great learning opportunity, fun environment and friendly/helpful people
Excellent atmosphere conducive with creative environment
Research Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 7, 2014
DreamWorks Animation was an excellent place to work. We were always busy and always working on films that we knew were entertaining and would give the audience the best possible movie-going experience.
Management at DWA is supportive of the employees in a way that I haven't experienced at other companies. From the free lunch and breakfast to the supportive environment, it's a great place to be.
Most of my co-workers are supportive as well. The culture of collaboration that has been created here allows for employees to get along well with each other and not feel like they're in competition with each other.
The hardest part of the job is living up to the standard every day that has been set. Sometimes we can become victims of our own success, and maintaining that level of excellence consistently is always a challenge.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to collaborate with some of the world's most talented artists on a daily basis.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch; beautiful campus, extra-curicular activities
Cons
Difficult to advance; easy to get pidgeon-hiled
fun great plaec to works
Videographer/Editor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 11, 2014
Awesome! Everyone works hard and is a positive influence on one another. I've also learned a lot about video and animation editing.
Pros
FREE FOOD!
Cons
No job openings
As Inspiring as A College Campus
Project Coordinator / Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 20, 2013
DreamWorks Animation had been the platform for me to succeed both professionally and personally for the past 7 years.
The best thing about working here is also the hardest - each and every work day brings constant changes and new challenges. Luckily, the culture here is as diverse (and lively) as a college campus so there is no shortage of variety when it comes to co-workers and the solutions/views they bring.
Pros
Free food, Free movies, Parties, An Amazing Campus
Cons
Career Pathing Options

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DreamWorks Animation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3