Dressbarn Employee Reviews

An okay job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIMay 22, 2017
Thought it would be something I wanted, ended up not what I wanted at all. Too much "down time" but was "forced" to keep busy when there was nothing to keep busy doing.
Fun helping people with outfits
Customer service (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEMay 21, 2017
I enjoyed working at Dress Barn. I worked there during the summers. My regular job was a school year position. It was fun to help people with new outfits. Enjoyed working with my coworkers.
Pros
Fun atmosphere most of the time
Cons
Weekends
Easy & laid back
Stylist (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 18, 2017
It's easy working there but there's no benefits and few hours. Few customers visit the store which results in not making store goal. Not making store goal on a daily basis cause sales associates to have very few hours. Did I say no benefits? Other than the employee discount.
Pros
Employees discount
Cons
No benefits, few hours
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZMay 15, 2017
This is an excellent store and is for all women around the world. For the working mother, grandparent sister or daughter. This store is aim to please all women of different shape and size. To allow women to feel and look exquisite.
Professional work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 14, 2017
A typical work day was stressful because of lack of management balance. I have learned a lot with this company so I am grateful for the opportunity. The hardest part of the job was executing floor sets. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with customers and meeting new people daily.
Productive and fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PAMay 8, 2017
I loved working at Dressbarn, all coworkers were friendly and helping when I was new. I learned how to handle the cash register, stock, and assist customers.
Pros
Close to other stores, great discounts
Cons
Standing on feet all day
Great company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  The right.May 2, 2017
Super company that cares for you and your family life.. which are big believers ....they remember things such as your birthday easy , u spend time with your customers and I plan parties with your customers souch fun...the only thing is that no room toove ul
Pros
They care
Cons
No room. To move up
great employee discount
Sales Associate, Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Union, NJMay 1, 2017
great employee discount and many wonderful people the only thing is that at the location i was at there was much favoritism. the company overall has a great structure.
N|a
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 1, 2017
This company is very enjoyable if you like to sale and dress women with the latest styles. Their workplace is very friendly. The District manager was very informative.
Best Company Ever!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 30, 2017
I absolutely love this company! This was definitely the best company I've ever worked for. Dressbarn helped me as an employee and a person! The brand is something I'll never forget! #2865
Pros
Employee appreciation, team building, great benefits!
Positive customer interaction
Achievement of corporate sales goals (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJApril 30, 2017
A very comfortable working environment allowing me to assist customers positively. I was able to learn and practice management responsibilities. I always took pride when a customer left happily.
Pros
Very pleasant atmosphere
Easy to learn
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 29, 2017
They hired me without experience and with training I was able to catch on very quickly. I greet customers and answers any questions they have. I provide them with a dressing room, check them out, enter their information when they become a loyalty member. I also place orders, answer phones, an process freight.
Pros
friendly co-worker and management
Cons
scheduling
A fun & great place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE/PERSONAL STYLIST (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 27, 2017
Easy day talking to people who want to look their best for events that are happening in their lives. Helping men pick out pretty surprises for their wives or girlfriends.
It's fun to shop for others and make their day a little better!
Pros
great atmosphere & people, great clothes & discounts
Cons
too many good clothes & discounts ends up with a spent paycheck
Fun environment with professional atmoshpere
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILApril 27, 2017
Your common retail environment must be flexible on hours, but they were pretty flexible with schedules and everyone helped everyone if a family emergency came up. Working with customers were great because you would build a relationship with your regulars. The product needed some updating when I worked there, but other than that it was a pretty good place to work.
A busy work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 27, 2017
A typical day at work is very busy. A lot of the job came with organizing the store. Studying PO3 card and handling customers. I learned that there was more to retail than selling clothes. You have to become personal with strangers and make them feel comfortable in their bodies. You have to help them look great and feel great. You also have to keep a high traffic environment clean despite having customers consistently come in and out and mess up tables that you just fixed. The hardest part of the job is having to remain happy despite having a customer yell at you or treat you poorly Also having to deal with women who have different personalities. Sometimes it become a hostile environment if the store leader doesn't properly handle issues among employees professionally The most enjoyable part of the job is making someone feel great about themselves. Having them come back and ask for you and share with you how their mates loved the dress or outfit that you put together for them, .
Pros
You have a job
Cons
You may have to work twice as hard for not enough money, You have to carry others slack because they are lazy
Great place
Associate Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2017
Lots of benefits, they treat their employees in very nice manners.
There is a lot of room to grow and continuos opportunities to improve as an employee.
Worst place to work
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSApril 25, 2017
This place sucks to work at. You barely get hours and when you do you get over loaded and then they expect you to know everything and only get paid $8
nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 24, 2017
You did cash handling sales. I worked with some wonderful ladies and we would put outfits together and stock the shelves. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping to satisfy customers needs.
Pros
discount on clothing
Cons
part-time
They didn't work with my schedule very well.
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Shelby, MIApril 22, 2017
I worked here through my senior year of college and they didn't work well with my schedule at all. Calling me in the middle of class, my internship, after I had told every manager about my schedule they still didn't respect it.
Typical retail job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Troutdale, ORApril 22, 2017
I was being considered to run my own store. I would not
allow myself to become more than an assistant manager because I had young kids while pregnant with my third. The company wants a store manager that will be work first above and beyond anything else.
Pros
steady paycheck, room to advance
Cons
Married to job as a store manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dressbarn. Our community is ready to answer.