dressbarn

dressbarn Employer Reviews

Enjoyable
Shipment/Stock/Sales associate (Former Employee), Lee, MAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: part time associates didn't get benefits
My typical day was coming in and going to the back room to work.There were times I worked on the floor also.I learned the importance of getting the product ready for the floor and listening to our customers needs.Management was wonderful.They worked along the associates.My coworkers were great.The hardest part of my job there I couldn't say because there was a hard part of it.The enjoyable part of working at Dressbarn was working as a team.We worked well together.Another enjoyable part was seeing the customers happy and having a great experience t out store.
Dress Barn
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, OHJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: company cared for its employees
Cons: pay wasn't that great
Customer servicing
floor moves, visuals, and price changes
Set sales goals for myself and staff
Shipment processing
ordering supplies
ok
Dressbarn Sales Associate (Current Employee), Clifton, NJJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: pay, no work life balance
- customers come first
- mangers come before associates
- pay is terrible not enough to survive
- dress the part otherwise you will be looked down upon
Great place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Clearwater, FloridaJanuary 16, 2015
Responsible for providing outstanding customer service. Assisting the Store Manager in supervision and management of the store. This includes meeting key goals and ensuring the store meets all company standards in the areas of merchandising, visual presentation, store maintenance, loss prevention, training and developing of Associates.
Over all Outstanding
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lansdale, PAJanuary 8, 2015
A type day at Dress barn was out standing every one there was also so pleasant from the employees to the customers. I have refered many friends of mine to the comapny. I loved being apart of the Managment staff. Being apart of the team was like a tight knit familt. Something that I would say that i found hard would be the way handle the mark downs but not hard enough that it can't be done. The most enjoyable was simply coming to work, every person I faced each and everyday was so pleasent.
Lot's of variety
Senior Fashion Consultant/Accessory Manager (Former Employee), Draper, UTJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: awards
Cons: alot of time on my feet.
I enjoyed being out with customers. Mingling & helping them on a face to face basis. Enjoyed the contests between the team & stores.
Good learning environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), NYJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: a lot to learn
Cons: they want a lot out of you, with little pay.
Good place to work. Friendly people. You do everything the manager does, but you don't get the pay for it. They do give you a lot of information if you wanted to move up in the company or own your own business. But you can differently find a job that pays the same with less stress.
its a fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Randolph, MADecember 23, 2014
Pros: love working there
it was the best job I ever had love working with the woman there, will like to go back but will like to do something more in the work force. I learned a lot working at DressBran
Cashier
Sales Associate/Fashion Coordinator (Former Employee), Port Chester, NYDecember 16, 2014
(Point Of Sale)
My typical day was signing into the system on the computer. I learned to deal with customers and help them and style them the best way I can. Management was good always listen very respectful and very nice. My co-workers work together as a team to insure customer satisfaction. My hardest part of my job was rude customers and loss prevention. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching happy customers leave the store with smiles.
fun work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), West Jordan, UTDecember 16, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
selling women clothes , putting out new merchandise, redesigning walls, making all your sale goals.
Fun Place to work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Folsom, CADecember 14, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: short brakes
Worked with a bunch of great lady's. Shipment would come in we would have to get hung on hangers and get it out on display for customer to see. The hardest part is when we had to stand a lot on our feet and having a angry customer.
Productive and fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Natick, MADecember 11, 2014
Pros: great creative atmosphere to work in.
Cons: no healthcare benefits at the time.
Great customer service with affordable clothing for all. The job culture was wonderful.. The hardest part of the job was being on your feet 24/7, but other than that taking care of customers was the best part of the job.
Retail Environment
Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), El Paso, TXDecember 10, 2014
It was a good part-time job. I had, for the most part, wonderful coworkers. There are bad eggs every now and then, but what job doesn't? The pay is horrible but the coworkers were great. No room for promotions or going up in the hierarchy which isn't good.
No Hours, Low Pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New YorkDecember 7, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: hours, pay
The hours are so up and down. Only management get set hours every week. For what is said about how big the company is the pay is very low and there is hardly enough hours for all members of staff. The company is all about the customer and the instore employee is always secondary. Inorder to progress it's more about who likes you personally instead of how you work. There is no incentive for sales associates who are actually the reason most customers shop on a regular basis.
Inspiring Women At Work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Redwood City, CANovember 28, 2014
i enjoy the store and glad that they are their in redwood city ca. for the women of the town
Hands on learning experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 26, 2014
- Serve as a liaison between manger and sales associates
- Responsible for paychecks, markdowns, weekly news letters, customer satisfaction surveys, customer capture reports, and the plus side of the store
- Customer service leader
- Re-create floor sets and wall displays
- Put up and remove fixtures
- Preform transfers and receive shipment
- Responsible for the opening and closing of the store
- Made the selling stars list for making a thousand plus dollar sale.
- Received two promotions within three months
Dressbarn is a fulfilling opportunity for anyone looking for part-time or full-time employment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKNovember 23, 2014
Pros: meeting and getting to know customers
Cons: short lunch breaks after working 9 hour shifts
A typical day consisted of helping customers make decisions on career, casual, or social event attire. Dressbarn carries women's clothing sizes 4-24 and many of our customers were uncertain about her true size. Much of the workday involved sharing words of encouragement, providing positive feedback, and giving honest opinions to customers while helping her make apparel choices.

What I learned, during my time at Dressbarn, is the importance of being diplomatic when approaching customers struggling with negative body image issues. At least 70% of our customers would seek my assistance, simply because they knew I would be honest, yet tactful in helping them make their selections.

When I was promoted to assistant management, I was able to share my experience with fellow sales associates by helping them overcome the fear of rejection. There was one sales associate, in particular, who would rather continue her tasks and miss opportunities to sell merchandise because she was afraid to approach customers. By coaching and sharing that it only takes 20 seconds to overcome this fear, she became more confident in herself and achieved higher sales goals. To this day, she still remembers 20 seconds of courage and thanks me for being such an encouragement

The hardest part of the job was leaving due to unforeseen circumstances taking place in my personal life. Although the door is still open for me to return to Dressbarn, I am choosing a different path that will allow me to utilize my skills to help another organization reach their goals.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships I established with customers over the past couple of years. These relationships continue to this day, despite my need to resign. The management, staff, and customers all understood my situation and fully supported my decision.
Fast-pace, and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wrentham, MANovember 21, 2014
I learned customer service, responsibility, and work-ethic.
No hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Clifton, NJNovember 19, 2014
For a huge company dressbarn never seemed to have enough hours for the employees.
long time on job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Baraboo, WINovember 18, 2014
Fashion and displays were a great learning tool that I have taken from working here. The co-workers here have become great friends when I have moved on. Customers always came back looking for me to help dress them.

1 2 3 4 5

About dressbarn

Ascena Retail Group (formerly Dress Barn, Inc.) has left the farm for greener -- but not leaner -- retail pastures. The apparel – Read more

dressbarn Photos