dressbarn

dressbarn Employee Reviews

Great place to work - opporunity for growth
Assistant Manager (Part-time) (Current Employee), Bowie, MDJuly 24, 2015
Pros: The clothes and employee discounts
Cons: Not enough hours given at times due to the season/business
A typical day at work is assisting customers with their clothing selection. Customer service is our objective. To help make the customer feel and look beautiful. So providing excellent customer service is a must. As a part time manager I must perform other duties as well. I enjoy changning the floor and displays. It's a great place to work.
sales associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Flemington, NJJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Working with customers
only hires p/t sales associates, varied shifts up to 5 1/2 hr if more need to take 1/2 break. No other breaks during shift. Customer positive experience is highest priority. As in most retail jobs always tasks to do from vacuuming, to floor sets.
fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXJuly 15, 2015
Pros: holidays off
Cons: more money
Help a customer when asked, assist client when is ready to check out.. Do not be pushy. A diverse group of co-workers and hardest thing was to get the hours one wanted. Have fun creating styles for our customers.
Productive and fun work place with great clothing
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gettysburg, PAJuly 11, 2015
A typical day was providing customer service and selling clothing, shoes, accessories, and credit cards to customers. Putting out stock, register sales, counting money, price changes, organizing, and cleaning. I made the store neat, presentable and organized by making visuals on the floor and walls, and putting up signs. Management was always beside you step by step and helped you learn everything – more... you need to learn. Co workers were there to help as part of a team. The hardest part of the job was to sell the Dressbarn credit card. Overtime, I learned how to sell the card quicker. The most enjoyable parts of the job was being able to put the visuals together with management and by myself. I learned so much from this company and it was a great company to work for. I also enjoyed working with the customers and seeing a smile on their face when they found their outfit. – less
productive fun working environment with great people
Sales Associate /Cashier (Current Employee), Pooler, GAJuly 11, 2015
Pros: getting to know great people everyday, learning new things, overall great team work
Cons: not willing to work with my school schedule
a typical day at work for me is coming in taking care of customers making sure their needs and wants are being met. I learned to do everything the dress barn way which is very different from my other retail job. management and co workers are awesome every one gets along perfect. the greatest part of my job was learning to do things the dress barn way. the most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know great people every day and knowing that I am satisfying their needs and wants.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tulalip, WAJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Good place to find out how to work retail in the worst of times.
Cons: Very busy place so work hours go by fast
Management is never on the same page. Favorites are easy to see. Under staffed. Never know when/what the changes are. No normal work flow. Only allowed 10 min breaks instead of 15 like most places.
Summer Job
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), East Windsor, NJJuly 9, 2015
This was my summer job so I don't have much to say. I loved the atmosphere of my store. The manager and assistant manager were wonderful. But it is difficult to work in an atmosphere where you have to deal with corporate who don't understand what is going on at the lower levels.
Good starting point
Assistant Buyer (Current Employee), Mahwah, NJJuly 9, 2015
Dress Barn is a great place to begin your career. I learned how to multi task and how to work with different personalities.
dressbarn is awesome
Top Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), ColoradoJuly 1, 2015
Pros: amazing benefits for full time, they strive to make you the best person you can be, awesome work life balance, there are advances if you work hard ask questions and are willing to relocate sometimes
Cons: can be boring on slow season
Amazing place to work, the people, the company and the opportunities are all there. Work hard, show initiative and someone WILL notice, not can be said for all companies. You usually work in a small group of women so it's a pretty intimate setting of people who will do almost anything for each other.
a great place to work
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Mahwah, NJJune 27, 2015
A great place to work. People are friendly, CEO is down to the earth. New office building is awesome. Great benefits program. Work life balance is good.
A good overall job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), UtahJune 26, 2015
Pros: great customers, good company, decent pay for retail
Cons: No work breaks, poor scheduling, lack of communication, unlikely room for advancement
I've learned that Dress Barn is a company that cares about their employees. My experience with my location hasn't been great. My managers only hired me for one slotted shift. If I need to work a different time for any reason (like being very sick) there's literally nobody available to help me with my shift. They've simply hired too many people who will only work days. Guess who works every single Friday – more... night. The pay is 8.50 which isn't horrible but isn't worth it when you don't get a break to even sit for a minute of a 5 hour shift or when there are other issues. There's a lack of communication from managers to sales associates. I've been thrown under the bus because a manager hasn't done their job and blamed it on me. I'm told I'm doing great and the next day that I'm failing at my job. I guess it should be expected when working with a bunch of women. Just avoid this place. I'll miss working with the customers. Only getting 5-10 hours per week isn't worth it. – less
dressbarn
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pflugerville, TXJune 25, 2015
Pros: If business was slow you could leave.
Cons: Weekly secret shoppers.
A typical a work day is setting a goal for credit card promtions and selling. I learn how to merchandise the walls in the store.The manages were nice.
A learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Monroe, LAJune 20, 2015
Pros: Meeting different people
Cons: None
This job was a learning experience for me. I got the chance to work with people from so many aspects of life and learn so many ways of styling clothing that I haven't seen before.
polite work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Kearny, NJJune 18, 2015
Provide over 30 to 40 customers daily with exceptional service and hospitality
Maintain open dialogue and a respectful work environment with customers and associates
Committed and passionate about personal sales excellence
Represent fashion, style and product knowledge of dressbarn brands
Maintain a clean and comfortable store environment
Work on a flexible schedule
Self- Motivated through any work environment
Terrible place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rego Park, NYJune 18, 2015
Pros: I was taught how to open/close stores
Cons: Management overworked and under appreciated employees
Though it did have some enjoyable moments, Dressbarn was an overall terrible experience for me. It seemed like almost everyone was on their own agenda and the ones that try to help out got fired. They don't accept if you have a medical illness or not, if you try to call out weeks in advance they'll still write you up.
Great place to work with amazing teammates and great discounts
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Billings, MTJune 17, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment, great team, efficient work space, helping out on many different tasks, high discount, very good management
Cons: Needed benefits and a higher wage
Coming into work is always different and interesting: I debrief with management and my colleagues about current situations for customers and the store, then analyze for myself the floor and any customers' needs. I neaten any askew items, clean, handle transactions of every kind except managerial-approved only and attend to customers and their requests.
I've learned a lot about clothing, design, and – more... how to meet and diagnose customer's needs for outfits while providing a great experience for the customer. I've honed my team-work skills significantly and can work quickly and efficiently as part of one.
The hardest part of the job is actually the most enjoyable part of the job: finding the customer what they're after. I like analyzing and going over the customer's tastes, desires and seeing if we have anything to fit those needs. We often find outfits and styles together and if we don't, at least we had a great experience. – less
Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJune 16, 2015
Fun place to work as a part time worker while being a student. Loved creating outfits and helping customers feel good in the clothing. Loved viewing new clothes, shoes, accessories that came out. Management was typical and just okay. However, the supervisor directly above me was very helpful and motivating.
loved my team
Associate Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, VAJune 14, 2015
This was my first opportunity to lead and I loved every minute of this job because it really taught me how to be a fair manager and lead by example because my manager was great.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJune 12, 2015
Pros: Management worked with the employees, the hours were agreeable
Cons: The hours, having to work every other weekend.
1. Greeting and assisting customers, putting stock on the floor
2. I have learned to work with a variety of people
3. Management were willing to work with staff and change schedules if needed.
4. Co-workers helped each other out if needed
5. The hardest part about the job was making sure there wasn't any shoplifiting going on during store hours.
6. The most enjoyable part about the job was the discount that the employees were given.
fashion/ fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXJune 9, 2015
At Dressbarn I learned how to manage a staff and how to hold my team accountable for reaching their goals. I love fashion and it was a fun place to work.

1 2 3 4 5

About dressbarn

Ascena Retail Group (formerly Dress Barn, Inc.) has left the farm for greener -- but not leaner -- retail pastures. The apparel – Read more

dressbarn Salaries

$28,800 per year
Store Manager
$12.09 per hour

dressbarn Photos

City of Shreveport Womens Conference Fashion Show...Sponsored by Store 460.