dressbarn Employee Reviews in United States

Boring for young people
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAApril 27, 2016
Would not recommend this store, too expensive for ugly clothes.Very boring job requires a lot of patience. Management is all old and not united. Very little room to grow.
Pros
Cons
Not enough breaks, you only get a break if you work 7 hours or more.
Asistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  State College, PAApril 24, 2016
A company that inspires confidence and does not promote competition between employees, everyone is made to feel a part of the team.
Pros
Paid time off known as choice time to ensure a work life balance
Cons
No breaks other than lunch. Rate of pay could be better.
Short employment, unsatisfying
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTApril 22, 2016
After being hired almost on the spot, I had high hopes for this employment. Paid training, easy work, polite customers. I was late twice, once for missing the bus, two because my bike being the incorrect size caused me to fall multiple times and injure myself. About a week later, I got food poisoning and had to call in sick. Realizing I had taken a dressing room key home, I brought it back once the sickness had passed, around closing time. Two days later, I was called and told that I was being terminated and was not given a clear reason as to why, and the manager was not polite or sympathetic to my case.
Pros
40% discount, easy to get to
Cons
boring
Inspiring place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTApril 22, 2016
I have worked for the Ascena company before. Working at Dressbarn was really inspiring because I was able to help women feel comfortable with themselves by learning different fashion trends and how each would work for certain body types.
the hardest part of the job was not moving up or knowing there was no room for advancement in the company.
Store Leader
Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAApril 21, 2016
Positive work life balance. Good company who cares about their employees. Would recommend to a friend. Pay is lower then average retailer.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
low pay
Dressbarn the Best Work Expererince Ever!!!!
Area Leader (Current Employee) –  Northern VAApril 21, 2016
I have loved my Dressbarn expereince since the beginning. After working in 3 diffrent markets in 3 diffrent states. I can say our compnay is consistant in having good talent from store to store. If you are a happy, ,passionate, fashion loving person Dressbarn in the place for you.
My Reveiw
Assistant Buyer (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJApril 12, 2016
Need to apperciate their employees and pay them well. They need to promote their assistant buyers who has been there since 2 years.
Pros
gym, people, cafe
Cons
Health care, lunches
Trending and Fun
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAApril 12, 2016
Excellent benefits, enjoyable customer service, balance work/life ethic, and fun place to work. Manageable floor sets and efficient/timely task. Strong leadership and ability to move up.
Pros
great benefits
Dressbarn Environment
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  West Hempstead, NYApril 6, 2016
A pleasant shopping experience. Their environment is well neat and orderly. Sales associations are hard working and polite, greet customers, and have interesting conversations. Customers leave the store knowing they have received excellent customer service.
Pros
Give good training
Cons
They are excessive in miromanagement
Beware of Management
Assistant Manager/Salesperson/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXApril 3, 2016
Associates come & go along with Asst. Managers. The Store Manager is nice in the beginning but as you continue to work there her other side starts to appear. She runs her mouth about her associates & the Asst Managers. Will fuss & get on to you in front of customers, will tell you no gossiping in the store about your other associates but yet she is doing it all the time. When there is a floor move to do, Corp. sends a Floor Set in what the store is to look like, but yet she will come & change it all up. She is constantly complaining about associates or customers or making ugly rude remarks about them. The FT Asst Manager can hardly see. Last I heard there is the Store Manager, FT Asst Manager & 2 PT Asst Managers. Only get benefits if your full time. All Assoc. Are PTime. There are the rules by Corp., another set by Store Manager, then another by District Leader. An Environment that you find petty, the greatest pleasure is helping the customers with the fashion. Lots of styles that are out dated, especially the fabrics & prints....most is old school.
Pros
Customer Service, snacks in breakroom, most associates willing to work as a team.
Cons
No breaks except for lunch, few hrs, Low pay
N/a
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 31, 2016
I Love how this job helps you grow as a person through helping each individual Customer, inspire them to look and feel beautiful.
Typical Retail Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dawsonville, GAMarch 29, 2016
I really enjoyed working with the customers and I loved the merchandise. I had some personal issues with the ethics of a manager and one specific employee, but on days when they weren't there it was lovely. I had a lot of problems with getting insurance sorted out (left job before I ever succeeded in getting insurance) but thankfully I was on my husband's so it wasn't a big deal. I got to deal with a lot of very diverse people who came through which made every day interesting.
Pros
experience, training, location
Cons
hours
Enoyed the high volume of customer interaction
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOMarch 29, 2016
Managing sales clerks, opening and closing of store and cash registers. The hardest part of the job was trying to get new merchandise on the sales floor when short staffed. My most enjoyable part of my job was having daily customer interaction, knowing that I was making someone enjoy there shopping experience and having regular customer in which would come in to shop or just to say Hi.
Pros
Advancement potential, parking
Cons
Raises were not very often.
Clothing store in our local mall
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMarch 21, 2016
There was no such thing as a "typical" at Dressbarn. One day you may be busy with customers or new merchandise as soon as you clocked in. Other days, times moved so slowly. There wasn't that much to do when there were no customers in the store. It could get pretty boring. The store manager was nice enough, but she had her favorites.
Pros
Good discount for employees
Cons
Short breaks, always on your feet, rude customers.
Dress Barn is a great company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Byron Center, MIMarch 20, 2016
I understand many jobs cannot offer more than part-time, however we just never seem to have enough hours to really even hit 20 hours a week per person. I wish there were more hours or I probably wouldn't be looking for another job. Overall though, I love it there. The atmosphere and team members are great!
Pros
Great team, easy going atmosphere, business casual dress
Cons
Not enough hours and not many benefits offered for part timers
Family
Sales Associate/Cashier/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYMarch 16, 2016
While working at Dress Barn, at Store 777, I always felt like I was part of a family. I always looked forward to going to work and working with my fellow colleagues. A typical work day was like not knowing what to expect. Some days you felt like there were buses that just unloaded people and others were like watching a clock. The hardest part of the job was informing a customer that we didn't have her size in stock, but at the same time the most enjoyable part was helping that same customer find some thing similar in her size. I learned how to follow sales reports and working as a team to meet our sales goals for the day. I also learned that our sales not only effected us for our month to month basis, but it also effected how many hours your management team can give you.
Pros
Family like enviornment, Friendly coworkers
Creative and fun
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellport, NYMarch 13, 2016
I took care of all aspects of retail management. I hired a wonderful staff that helped the store achieve its goals. The hardest part of the job was balancing personal life.
Pros
use of creative freedom
Cons
balance of personal life and work
Great place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMarch 10, 2016
This was a really fun job. No stress, fun co-workers, like the clothes and had fun with the customers. Learned about different peoples taste in styles. There really wasn't a bad part to this job. I always looked forward to go to work.
Pros
Fun
Cons
We are all one big family
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 9, 2016
A diverse group of women all working to help customers find the perfect outfit. Its fun and ever changing. Each day is different and brings with it new opportunities to grow as a person.
Best Job yet
Stocks Person (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MIMarch 1, 2016
So happy and joyful
Learn different ways to approach a team
The managers were the best
Co-workers got along so well
The hardest part was leaving work
Most enjoyable was conversing with the customers on what outfit looks best on them
Pros
wonderful staff
Cons
leaving the job