Dressbarn Employee Reviews

Assistant Manager formally
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2017
Great place to work. Till someone does not like you. Than they team up to get rid of you. Even though everyone does the same thing. Management was okay. District management only promote friends...
Pros
Good pay, great benefits, great customers
Cons
To many lazy employees. They get promoted. While hard workers get let go.
Fun and Exciting place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE/PERSONAL STYLIST (Current Employee) –  Bear, DelawareMarch 14, 2017
Work is fun and creative! Customers that come in are excited to hear your suggestions & comments before they make a purchase. Helping someone to find the perfect outfit can be very rewarding!
Major floor sets can be very challenging but the monthly ones aren't too bad.Inventory isn't horrible either. Keeping your pay check can be hard due to all the nice clothes and your percentage off you get through the company. Hours are flexible and management is awesome!
Pros
flexible hours & great people
Cons
Hours can be few at times
Better Than Your Average Retail Job
Part-Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 10, 2017
As a part-time sales associate, I greet customers as they walk in and assist in searching for the items that best suit the occasion for which the customers are shopping. It's important to go above and beyond in meeting the customers' needs and building a relationship with them.

I'm still getting used to remembering procedures and rules in regards to the computer system, this being my first retail job. There were some things that management forgot to teach me during training, which is part of the reason why it's taking me longer to get the hang of things. But my managers are nice and understanding.

The hardest part of the job is when we get too busy and cannot attend to all of the customers like we are expected to. Also, there are those customers that whenever you offer your assistance, they keep saying that they are just browsing. This sometimes can be frustrating, as it is a barrier to forming a relationship with the customer.
Pros
Opportunites to work longer shifts, great workplace culture, can request off on whatever days you want as long as you tell management 3 wks in advance
Cons
No Benefits for Part-time Associates, sometimes rude customers, sometimes the constantly changing schedule can conflict with personal arrangements
Great!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 8, 2017
Great place to work! Management was awesome, and the people were great. There are good and bad experiences in every workplace, but the good outweighed the bad here.
Day in a life in retail sales
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Blowing Rock, NCMarch 7, 2017
Face to face with customers. Picking out a out fit for a special occasion. I learned how to set up displays to market products. Culture was pressure to sale and keeping going to customers to ask if they need help. Management had to wear certain shoes that made standing for 8 hours or more hard was the hardest. Customer were the most enjoyable.
Pros
Get to talk to varsity of people
Cons
shoes
love it here but I'm moving
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAMarch 2, 2017
I enjoy all of my coworkers at this dress barn location and if I wasn't moving out of state I would stay until I was old and grey. I would recommend the Monroeville location for any young person who was looking for an awesome place to work where the environment is fun and work always get done!
Pros
great coworkers, great leaders, great trainers
Cons
on occasion poor attitudes from customers and over management from regional managers
Love Dressbarn
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMarch 1, 2017
Loved working for Dressbarn they promote from with in and if they are impressed with you, you can move up quickly! I started as a part time sales associate and in 4 months was a full time Assistant Manager. Corporate DM's would work along side you as if she was at the same level as you and never treated us like they were better than anyone else.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Got slow at times
Fun workplace
Assistant Manager Retail (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDFebruary 28, 2017
Loved the DressBarn brand and the 40% discount. It wasn't until I left for another store that I realized how much DressBarn cared for its associates.
Pros
Big discount at a lot of sister stores
Cons
Stressful at times
work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, OHFebruary 25, 2017
Waiting on customers, selling clothes and dresses, ringing up customers. Doing stock and displays, merchandising the floor, along with waiting on customers.
Pros
learning experinece
Cons
part time job
A corporate fashion retailer.
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Briarcliff Manor, NYFebruary 24, 2017
A fast paced daily work environment. Corporate work plan sheets daily. Daily retail tasks and amazing opportunities to learn all aspects of great customer service. A great company to work for.
Awesome Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Awesome Place to work. Great People. Has great employee discount. The managers and staff are so fun to work with. Really encourage associates to do their very best
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Stylist) (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 22, 2017
Cool place to work. One learns a lot about the history of the store and get to apply it when providing customer service. One gets a lot of training which helps to keep you on your toes about the store. The more you know, the better you sell.
Pros
easy scheduel
Cons
no benefits
Constant changes in people
Sales Associate, Assistant Manager, Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCFebruary 21, 2017
Great company to build confidence & empowerment, but once you advance to a certain level, you are financially capped out.
Pros
Work in a team environment.
Cons
It's nonstop, ever changing, & exhausting.
Awesome
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAFebruary 20, 2017
Loved the team I worked with, if I go back to that store I know I would have an instant job. The manager and team was always dedicated and a fun loving group. Highly recommend.
Pros
cool boss
Cons
can be stressful
Fun atmosphere!
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INFebruary 18, 2017
I love working at Dressbarn. The staff is friendly. The management is great. The store manager can be a little chaotic at times on what she wants. Overall it is a great place to work.

The insurance is great. I have my two children on it and cost me about 160 every two weeks. The work home life balance is awesome.

The floor sets are fairly easy to do. Wonderful customers to work with. I enjoy all the employees. They are reliable and show up to work on time.
Great Company Overall
Sales (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDFebruary 17, 2017
I absolutely loved working for DressBarn. The pay was fair the hours didn't keep me from my family. Best job I have had. DressBarn cares about their customers. We become the customers personal shopper. We are trained on how to approach customers and how to drive our sales. We had many different jobs within the store. We worked with customers, checked them out, put merchandise on the floor, red lined, cleaned, answered phones and worked together on floor plans. I enjoyed my job.
Great workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNFebruary 15, 2017
Excellent atmosphere for boutique style store. Management is able to maintain great store appeal for women of all sizes. Staffing is also great. Always able to help customers
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Not enough room for advancement
Typical retail environment
Assistant Manager Retail (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAFebruary 13, 2017
Decent program for productive sales associates. Discount on clothing was nice. Typical retail hours and nice benefits for full time employees.
Good to learn retail, disorganized training for promotions
Full Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 12, 2017
You will learn retail if you apply yourself and determine to learn it on your own. Depending on the manager, you will receive a basic outline of training when moving up to assistant manager, a book to guide you, but most managers are too busy and inundated to take the time that you need to develop, especially in visual, unless you are hand picked to move up. You are expected to develop yourself with hard copy provided. While working with associates is a delightful experience in most cases and the job culture can be very enjoyable in that sense, the lack of consistency from store to store in the way that training and various policies are handled can be disconcerting when you move from one store to another. Each store is based on manager's particulars. Working amongst primarily women can be rewarding. Small petty issues can become huge and looming problems that show up in your 6 month and annual reviews. District leaders can be unaccountable and therefore you are subject to their whims and victimized by clearly deceptive and unethical practices where there are no checks and balances. They can create policy or make requirements of managers outside of corporate view. While many have had good experiences, after many years of service I was happy to move on. If you are self driven and accomplished at teaching yourself, the formatted tools that you can plug into can teach you, but don't expect much shaping and forming from stores or managers if you are to become an assistant manager. You will be expected to MOD as required and you will be reviewed on that basis.
The company
  more... overspent on some nationally well known models in an advertising campaign that did not produce results. The company is now suffering a setback with layoffs, store closings and year end bonus withdrawals.  less
Pros
Culture, associate teamwork, health benefits
Cons
Poor Training, District Managers lack of accountability, lower end of pay scale
Great store to work for.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAFebruary 12, 2017
In general retailing is tough work and balancing it with your personal life. But this was a great company to work for. They expected a lot from you, but they did reward you for your hard work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dressbarn. Our community is ready to answer.

87%