dressbarn

dressbarn United States Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Peoria, ILApril 17, 2015
Pros: great management
Cons: not enough hours available
Working at Dressbarn has been one of my favorite jobs. We are able to help build women's self-esteem with affordable prices and fashionable clothes. I have gained a knowledge on how to appropriately provide customer service and deal with any unhappy customers. I also know how to dress different body types and how to interact with different types of people.
it was a fun job ,the company was a good co. to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Miramar Beach, FLApril 16, 2015
Pros: the benefits, and advancement
Cons: really no cons
Opening and closing, customer service, cashier , stocking. I learned more and more about management , how to deal with customers. i was asst. manager. co-workers were all friendly and professional. to me there wasnt a hard part of the job. the best part of the job was serving the customers
Fun Place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Clarksburg, MDApril 9, 2015
Cons: Short breaks, low pay
Sales associate duties include being customer friendly, handling transactions, doing floor movements, and picking outfits up for customers. Co-Workers are probably the people that make up your day because they understand what it's like to be in your place and deal with customers. Hardest part of the job is dealing with disrespectful customers. Most enjoyable part is being innovative with fashion and overall having fun at your job.
Dead end career
Sales (Current Employee), Wichita, KSApril 6, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: No work life balance if not management, no opportunity for advancement, low pay, lack of hour, poor management
The benefits are good.Great for a part time job. Reminds you of being in high school. Poor management very unprofessional.Would not recommend for those who want a great career oppotunities. Don't count on a steady paycheck may go weeks with little to no hours. No training for advancement.May have different experiences at a different dressbarns this review is for this one.
fun atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Byron, GAApril 1, 2015
The ladies who come to shop at Dress Barn are always very grateful for help and your expertise on fashion sense. Working there was fun while I was in school.
Great Place to work with Great People
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mobile, ALMarch 31, 2015
Dressbarn is that place of employment that provided a great work experience working along side of great managers. During my time of need I was giving the opportunity to take care of my family first. I was also able to continue and finish school because of the flexible scheduling in the store.
Dressbarn is also the store any customer would want to shop in because of the customer is always the top priority. Each and every associate went beyond the call of duty to make sure the customer left happy with the services provided during their shopping trip.
stress and anger
sales associate (Former Employee), Orange, CTMarch 31, 2015
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: pay not good, hostile work environment
The only good thing about working here was the customers. The district manager and the store manager were always stressed out. If you asked questions, you were called stupid. You were yelled at constantly for not being able to do fifty things at once while the manager sat in back and did nothing. No matter what decision you made, you were told you should have done the opposite.
Excellent place to work , great benefits , grow oportunities
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Orlando , FloridaMarch 25, 2015
Great place to work learned all management duties , goal settings coaching, training , hiring , scheduling , visuals , merchandising , receiving and transferring merchandise , inventory . The most enjoyable part of the job was meting our goals in a team work and recognizing them for been part of duties.
awesome dresses
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kittery, MEMarch 23, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: n/a
Meeting new people from all over the world.
Helping women find the perfect clothes for their body type.
customer service is always first priority at Dress Barn. They are always greeted upon arrival to the store. Management was awesome and so was the staff.
The hardest part of this job was putting away shipment there was so much and it came daily with not enough room to put it away.
My favorite part was setting up window displays and wall displays.
customer services
Customer Service (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIMarch 23, 2015
I loved working at dress barn it was a layed back but get the job done kind of job the employees was very loving and the customers was wonderfull
Fun workplace with dedicated management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEMarch 22, 2015
Pros: good attitudes
I fully enjoyed my experience with Dress Barn. The employees were part of a team and the Manager lead by example. Our District Manager was nice and friendly and was willing to get down and dirty if needed.
Great company to work for.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 19, 2015
Overall great company, great work life balance however the compensation is unsatisfactory. I enjoy the creative aspects that merchandising provides and I enjoy creating a great customer service experience on a daily basis. The staff is great and although it can be challenging to train and mentor them at times, I am driven and determined to ensure both the store and staff succeed.
Great Customers and co workers
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Manteca, CaMarch 4, 2015
Pros: customers
Customers and fellow employees were the best part of working at Dressbarn.. Flexibility in schedule is not great. Important to know how to multitask as a management person.
Productive and great place to work for.
Sales (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Changing visual's( floor plans), opening the store, assisting customers with merchandise. Coworkers and management are great to work with.
Great work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Richmond,VaFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: relationships, work ethic, constant training
Cons: no health care, pay, only part-time
I enjoy working for this company and there is opportunity to grow. a typical day is a early start we go over our daily task and what needs to be done we go over store numbers we work on task and we give the best customer service to our customers. I learned that just because you are assigned a position does not mean you don't have to take on more responsibility. If you are trained for it then do whats necessary to keep your store productive. My co-workers are more like family. The hardest part of my job is sometimes trying to make deadlines but I like the challenge. The most enjoyable part of my job is engaging with customers. Talking with them one on one and helping them find the right outfits can be a fun experience if the customer trust your sense of style.
Productive fun work culture
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Millville, NJFebruary 19, 2015
Typical day was fast paced, busy. Window changes extensive and required biweekly. Good culture. Low compensation for work. Benefits substantial.
Amazing company with an exceptional brand.
Store Leader (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 18, 2015
I loved working for Dress Barn. The brand in moving in a wonderful direction. Unfortunately there was new room for growth or opportunity in the Denver market. I would've loved to stay with the company, my location closed and they didn't have any other Store Leader opportunity's in the Denver market. I do believe this company will be known for their brand and a wonderful place to have a great work life balance.
Pleasant, Good people surrounding me, and enjoying the company
Retail Sales (Former Employee), Laurel, MDFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: good hard working people whom seemed to be pleased to help me out
Busy around holiday seasons, but mundane most of the time. Most of the people were pleasant, others kept to themselves and make snide comments to the new people whom work there
Very good experience
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: customer service
Cons: working nights and weekends
This job was my first position in management which I did work my way up to. It was a great experience and I learned a lot. The position did require a lot of hours but there was always something to keep me busy. The biggest downfall of working there was that nights and weekends were required. It some getting used to having so much responsibility, but I grew to truly enjoy it.
Great Company with a Great Mission
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Carmichael, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great mission, customer connections
Cons: flex hours
I grew and learned so much about customer service and merchandising that in 9 months I advanced to management. I LOVE their mission to "Inspire women to look and feel beautiful. It is hard to have work/life balance with a flex schedule but it is awesome to inspire ladies and make that personal connection that doesn't happen at a department store.

1 2 3 4 5

About dressbarn

Ascena Retail Group (formerly Dress Barn, Inc.) has left the farm for greener -- but not leaner -- retail pastures. The apparel – Read more

dressbarn Salaries

$30,000 per year
Sales Associate/Customer Service
$8.25 per hour

dressbarn Photos

City of Shreveport Womens Conference Fashion Show...Sponsored by Store 460.