Dressbarn Employee Reviews

Dress Barn
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2017
Unprofessional staff, management is the worst, I had the worst manager ever, she was very fake, she would show up to work for an hour and leave for the rest if the day, worked whenever she wanted.
Productive Fun Work Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 19, 2017
It's a different day everyday, very enjoying. I enjoy my day there at work. Everyone is very awesome, the management is well put together as well. I enjoy working there.
Caring and enjoyable workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairview Park, OHSeptember 19, 2017
Wonderful place to work with enjoyable co-workers. Management cares about its employees. Room for advancement. I went from part-time associate to full time assistant manager. I learned a lot in this role and there are many avenues for learning. Excellent benefits and training. Fast paced environment at times. Very nice customers. Able to express creativity in this environment also.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
My location closed.
Awesome Company with excelent values
Store Leader (Former Employee) –  Winston Salem NCSeptember 19, 2017
An excellent company to work for with excellent benefits. I advanced quickly in the company and they encouraged me to do so. I loved my team and my district leader.
Very fun job
AST. MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSSeptember 18, 2017
Working with fashion daily was amazing. The new trends, staying up to date and sharing your knowledge with all the different women. Building those relationships and seeing every customer as a friend!
Great place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARSeptember 14, 2017
The management system is excellent, they work with you, and help you learn the company. Dressbarn is also a wonderful company, they believe in making woman feel and look beautiful. The clothes are great quality as well. This is my first job and I highly recommend it to anyone!
Pros
Great management, they worked with me on training with me
Mostly nice work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  GASeptember 13, 2017
We had a good management team and crew so it was a nice place to work. Got employee discounts and a good one when first hired. Employees were pushed for sales of course and for signing up customers on the DB credit card.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Cost a bit for dress code on little pay per hr.
Productive and work fun place with women clothing
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, CTSeptember 13, 2017
I really like to work at Dressbarn because it has been a really good experience working with clientele. A good customer service is my priority. I learned and I'm still learning how to help the clienteles with their needs, when it comes to help to pick the right clothes when they don't know how to choose them. Let them know about discounts and how to manage to safe money. The hardest part of the job is when someone really need help, but they don't want any. I really enjoy to work at Dressbarn. I'm really happy to work there.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
health benefits
Fun place to work
Style Advisor (Former Employee) –  Howell, MISeptember 12, 2017
Dressbarn in Howell is a great place to work. Management and co-workers were always great. There was very low turnaround.

Customers were great, for the most part.
Pros
Discount
Nice and enjoyable place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTSeptember 3, 2017
, A typical day at work , first thing look at the schedule and see whose working,make out your goals for each person, do your daily walk though and move merchandise around if needed.I have learned to do at lot of outreach by working with Dress Barn. The hardest part of the job was being consist with making your credit card goal.I enjoy working with the staff.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Credit card goals
Fun slow paced job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNSeptember 3, 2017
The job is very slow so if looking for something to make time fly this isn't for you . Customers are older and some can be grouchy but just keep a positive attitude and it'll be over with sooner or later .
Good place to work, flexible hours
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GAAugust 31, 2017
Dressbarn is a good place to work. Management is willing to work with their associates. It does get hectic at times but we all work as a team. We do develop a work type family, we are a small group.
Pros
40% discount on regular price
Cons
sometimes get called in on day off or asked to stay longer
I loved being an employee at Dressbarn, especially working with the great management and team at the Basset location!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79925August 29, 2017
The management were great leaders, with a great positive attitude to motivate you throughout your shift and help you reach daily sales goals. Not only were they positive but they helped you out if you needed flexibility due to school or other daily life activities.
Pros
Excellent Management
Cons
Healthcare benefits
Bad Business
Part Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Seaside, ORAugust 28, 2017
Dressbarn is going downhill. I worked at one location for a year, and then was promised a promotion and raise if I transferred to another location. I accepted, and after 6 months of waiting I finally gave my 2 weeks because I did not get the promotion I was promised (full time) or the pay that I was promised. My fault for not getting it in writing. The company doesn't care about their employees if you stay long enough to find out.
Fun
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 24, 2017
We work as a team. We always try to remind each other to get people with a smile no matter what mind of a day we were having. Learning experiences and enjoy getting to meet different faces.
No room for advancement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 23, 2017
Schedules are changed after being posted without notification. No break unless you work six hours or more. Low pay. Pleasant work environment, customers appreciate assistance with clothing choices. Management doesn't help employees to succeed or advance, only use you to meet their own needs.
Pros
Flexible hours, time off requests usually granted
Cons
No breaks if you work less than six hours, schedule changes after being posted, no room for growth.
Dressbarn is good
Part Time Stylist/Associate (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNAugust 21, 2017
My manager wasn't the greatest, but the other dressbarn ' s I worked at were wonderful. If you like helping woman feel beautiful in their own skin then this is a good part time job for you.
Pros
slow paced and unstressful
Cons
short hours
Lots of layoffs
Senior Technical Designer (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJAugust 21, 2017
Good friendly coworkers. Gap between top management and managers of departments. Lots of reports and meeting. and still no information regarding company goals and motions. Lots of layoff every 2-3 months. Ability to work from home.
Pros
Free coffee all day
Cons
jim facility in a house
Retail managment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New HampshireAugust 16, 2017
Low paying even for retail the hours are difficult. They preach work life balance but when push comes to shove your expected to just work it. There are times that are insanely busy and times when there's absolutely nothing to do. Great discount, ultimately not rocket science but there's a lot to juggle.
Challenging
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 15, 2017
Excellent service, and honest. Nice people. They call you back, they keep you updated on arrival time. They don't overcharge.
Elegant,They are courteous, knowledgeable, very professional. I use them for several projects around our home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dressbarn. Our community is ready to answer.