dressbarn

dressbarn Employer Reviews

Excellent place to work , great benefits , grow oportunities
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Orlando , FloridaMarch 25, 2015
Great place to work learned all management duties , goal settings coaching, training , hiring , scheduling , visuals , merchandising , receiving and transferring merchandise , inventory . The most enjoyable part of the job was meting our goals in a team work and recognizing them for been part of duties.
awesome dresses
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kittery, MEMarch 23, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: n/a
Meeting new people from all over the world.
Helping women find the perfect clothes for their body type.
customer service is always first priority at Dress Barn. They are always greeted upon arrival to the store. Management was awesome and so was the staff.
The hardest part of this job was putting away shipment there was so much and it came daily with not enough room to put it away.
My favorite part was setting up window displays and wall displays.
customer services
Customer Service (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIMarch 23, 2015
I loved working at dress barn it was a layed back but get the job done kind of job the employees was very loving and the customers was wonderfull
Fun workplace with dedicated management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEMarch 22, 2015
Pros: good attitudes
I fully enjoyed my experience with Dress Barn. The employees were part of a team and the Manager lead by example. Our District Manager was nice and friendly and was willing to get down and dirty if needed.
Great company to work for.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 19, 2015
Overall great company, great work life balance however the compensation is unsatisfactory. I enjoy the creative aspects that merchandising provides and I enjoy creating a great customer service experience on a daily basis. The staff is great and although it can be challenging to train and mentor them at times, I am driven and determined to ensure both the store and staff succeed.
Great Customers and co workers
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Manteca, CaMarch 4, 2015
Pros: customers
Customers and fellow employees were the best part of working at Dressbarn.. Flexibility in schedule is not great. Important to know how to multitask as a management person.
Productive and great place to work for.
Sales (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Changing visual's( floor plans), opening the store, assisting customers with merchandise. Coworkers and management are great to work with.
Great work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Richmond,VaFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: relationships, work ethic, constant training
Cons: no health care, pay, only part-time
I enjoy working for this company and there is opportunity to grow. a typical day is a early start we go over our daily task and what needs to be done we go over store numbers we work on task and we give the best customer service to our customers. I learned that just because you are assigned a position does not mean you don't have to take on more responsibility. If you are trained for it then do whats necessary to keep your store productive. My co-workers are more like family. The hardest part of my job is sometimes trying to make deadlines but I like the challenge. The most enjoyable part of my job is engaging with customers. Talking with them one on one and helping them find the right outfits can be a fun experience if the customer trust your sense of style.
Productive fun work culture
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Millville, NJFebruary 19, 2015
Typical day was fast paced, busy. Window changes extensive and required biweekly. Good culture. Low compensation for work. Benefits substantial.
Amazing company with an exceptional brand.
Store Leader (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 18, 2015
I loved working for Dress Barn. The brand in moving in a wonderful direction. Unfortunately there was new room for growth or opportunity in the Denver market. I would've loved to stay with the company, my location closed and they didn't have any other Store Leader opportunity's in the Denver market. I do believe this company will be known for their brand and a wonderful place to have a great work life balance.
Pleasant, Good people surrounding me, and enjoying the company
Retail Sales (Former Employee), Laurel, MDFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: good hard working people whom seemed to be pleased to help me out
Busy around holiday seasons, but mundane most of the time. Most of the people were pleasant, others kept to themselves and make snide comments to the new people whom work there
Very good experience
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: customer service
Cons: working nights and weekends
This job was my first position in management which I did work my way up to. It was a great experience and I learned a lot. The position did require a lot of hours but there was always something to keep me busy. The biggest downfall of working there was that nights and weekends were required. It some getting used to having so much responsibility, but I grew to truly enjoy it.
Great Company with a Great Mission
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Carmichael, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great mission, customer connections
Cons: flex hours
I grew and learned so much about customer service and merchandising that in 9 months I advanced to management. I LOVE their mission to "Inspire women to look and feel beautiful. It is hard to have work/life balance with a flex schedule but it is awesome to inspire ladies and make that personal connection that doesn't happen at a department store.
Fashion and fun
Sales Associate/ Assistant Store Manager. (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: the clothing is up to date well made and the price is affordable.
Cons: never received enough stock due to everything will sell so fast.
Dress barn is a great place to work. The company is all about helping women look and feel wonderfull. Enjoyed the way the Associates and Management work together.
Productive place to work
Retail Sales Person (Former Employee), Redlands, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Greet all customers, help customers find merchandise, call other stores, work cash register, take cash and all credit cards, balance cash drawer.
Fast paced work space and nice people
CASHIER (Former Employee), 3245 germantown parkwayJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: alot of call ins from other employees
Management is ok. Employees were nice. Didn't get to do much over time. Pay was okay when you first start but rarely got pay raises.
Enjoyable
Shipment/Stock/Sales associate (Former Employee), Lee, MAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: part time associates didn't get benefits
My typical day was coming in and going to the back room to work.There were times I worked on the floor also.I learned the importance of getting the product ready for the floor and listening to our customers needs.Management was wonderful.They worked along the associates.My coworkers were great.The hardest part of my job there I couldn't say because there was a hard part of it.The enjoyable part of working at Dressbarn was working as a team.We worked well together.Another enjoyable part was seeing the customers happy and having a great experience t out store.
Dress Barn
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, OHJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: company cared for its employees
Cons: pay wasn't that great
Customer servicing
floor moves, visuals, and price changes
Set sales goals for myself and staff
Shipment processing
ordering supplies
ok
Dressbarn Sales Associate (Current Employee), Clifton, NJJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: pay, no work life balance
- customers come first
- mangers come before associates
- pay is terrible not enough to survive
- dress the part otherwise you will be looked down upon
Great place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Clearwater, FloridaJanuary 16, 2015
Responsible for providing outstanding customer service. Assisting the Store Manager in supervision and management of the store. This includes meeting key goals and ensuring the store meets all company standards in the areas of merchandising, visual presentation, store maintenance, loss prevention, training and developing of Associates.

1 2 3 4 5

About dressbarn

Ascena Retail Group (formerly Dress Barn, Inc.) has left the farm for greener -- but not leaner -- retail pastures. The apparel – Read more

dressbarn Photos