dressbarn

dressbarn Employer Reviews

Productive and great place to work for.
Sales (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Changing visual's( floor plans), opening the store, assisting customers with merchandise. Coworkers and management are great to work with.
Great work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Richmond,VaFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: relationships, work ethic, constant training
Cons: no health care, pay, only part-time
I enjoy working for this company and there is opportunity to grow. a typical day is a early start we go over our daily task and what needs to be done we go over store numbers we work on task and we give the best customer service to our customers. I learned that just because you are assigned a position does not mean you don't have to take on more responsibility. If you are trained for it then do whats necessary to keep your store productive. My co-workers are more like family. The hardest part of my job is sometimes trying to make deadlines but I like the challenge. The most enjoyable part of my job is engaging with customers. Talking with them one on one and helping them find the right outfits can be a fun experience if the customer trust your sense of style.
Productive fun work culture
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Millville, NJFebruary 19, 2015
Typical day was fast paced, busy. Window changes extensive and required biweekly. Good culture. Low compensation for work. Benefits substantial.
Amazing company with an exceptional brand.
Store Leader (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 18, 2015
I loved working for Dress Barn. The brand in moving in a wonderful direction. Unfortunately there was new room for growth or opportunity in the Denver market. I would've loved to stay with the company, my location closed and they didn't have any other Store Leader opportunity's in the Denver market. I do believe this company will be known for their brand and a wonderful place to have a great work life balance.
Pleasant, Good people surrounding me, and enjoying the company
Retail Sales (Former Employee), Laurel, MDFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: good hard working people whom seemed to be pleased to help me out
Busy around holiday seasons, but mundane most of the time. Most of the people were pleasant, others kept to themselves and make snide comments to the new people whom work there
Very good experience
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: customer service
Cons: working nights and weekends
This job was my first position in management which I did work my way up to. It was a great experience and I learned a lot. The position did require a lot of hours but there was always something to keep me busy. The biggest downfall of working there was that nights and weekends were required. It some getting used to having so much responsibility, but I grew to truly enjoy it.
Great Company with a Great Mission
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Carmichael, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great mission, customer connections
Cons: flex hours
I grew and learned so much about customer service and merchandising that in 9 months I advanced to management. I LOVE their mission to "Inspire women to look and feel beautiful. It is hard to have work/life balance with a flex schedule but it is awesome to inspire ladies and make that personal connection that doesn't happen at a department store.
Fashion and fun
Sales Associate/ Assistant Store Manager. (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: the clothing is up to date well made and the price is affordable.
Cons: never received enough stock due to everything will sell so fast.
Dress barn is a great place to work. The company is all about helping women look and feel wonderfull. Enjoyed the way the Associates and Management work together.
Productive place to work
Retail Sales Person (Former Employee), Redlands, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Greet all customers, help customers find merchandise, call other stores, work cash register, take cash and all credit cards, balance cash drawer.
Fast paced work space and nice people
CASHIER (Former Employee), 3245 germantown parkwayJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: alot of call ins from other employees
Management is ok. Employees were nice. Didn't get to do much over time. Pay was okay when you first start but rarely got pay raises.
Enjoyable
Shipment/Stock/Sales associate (Former Employee), Lee, MAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: part time associates didn't get benefits
My typical day was coming in and going to the back room to work.There were times I worked on the floor also.I learned the importance of getting the product ready for the floor and listening to our customers needs.Management was wonderful.They worked along the associates.My coworkers were great.The hardest part of my job there I couldn't say because there was a hard part of it.The enjoyable part of working at Dressbarn was working as a team.We worked well together.Another enjoyable part was seeing the customers happy and having a great experience t out store.
Dress Barn
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, OHJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: company cared for its employees
Cons: pay wasn't that great
Customer servicing
floor moves, visuals, and price changes
Set sales goals for myself and staff
Shipment processing
ordering supplies
ok
Dressbarn Sales Associate (Current Employee), Clifton, NJJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: pay, no work life balance
- customers come first
- mangers come before associates
- pay is terrible not enough to survive
- dress the part otherwise you will be looked down upon
Great place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Clearwater, FloridaJanuary 16, 2015
Responsible for providing outstanding customer service. Assisting the Store Manager in supervision and management of the store. This includes meeting key goals and ensuring the store meets all company standards in the areas of merchandising, visual presentation, store maintenance, loss prevention, training and developing of Associates.
Over all Outstanding
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lansdale, PAJanuary 8, 2015
A type day at Dress barn was out standing every one there was also so pleasant from the employees to the customers. I have refered many friends of mine to the comapny. I loved being apart of the Managment staff. Being apart of the team was like a tight knit familt. Something that I would say that i found hard would be the way handle the mark downs but not hard enough that it can't be done. The most enjoyable was simply coming to work, every person I faced each and everyday was so pleasent.
Lot's of variety
Senior Fashion Consultant/Accessory Manager (Former Employee), Draper, UTJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: awards
Cons: alot of time on my feet.
I enjoyed being out with customers. Mingling & helping them on a face to face basis. Enjoyed the contests between the team & stores.
Good learning environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), NYJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: a lot to learn
Cons: they want a lot out of you, with little pay.
Good place to work. Friendly people. You do everything the manager does, but you don't get the pay for it. They do give you a lot of information if you wanted to move up in the company or own your own business. But you can differently find a job that pays the same with less stress.
its a fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Randolph, MADecember 23, 2014
Pros: love working there
it was the best job I ever had love working with the woman there, will like to go back but will like to do something more in the work force. I learned a lot working at DressBran
Cashier
Sales Associate/Fashion Coordinator (Former Employee), Port Chester, NYDecember 16, 2014
(Point Of Sale)
My typical day was signing into the system on the computer. I learned to deal with customers and help them and style them the best way I can. Management was good always listen very respectful and very nice. My co-workers work together as a team to insure customer satisfaction. My hardest part of my job was rude customers and loss prevention. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching happy customers leave the store with smiles.
fun work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), West Jordan, UTDecember 16, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
selling women clothes , putting out new merchandise, redesigning walls, making all your sale goals.

1 2 3 4 5

About dressbarn

Ascena Retail Group (formerly Dress Barn, Inc.) has left the farm for greener -- but not leaner -- retail pastures. The apparel – Read more

dressbarn Photos