dressbarn

dressbarn Employer Reviews

Typical retail experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Portage, MIOctober 19, 2014
This retail job was what you would expect from a mall store: browsing customers who would ask for help when needed. Dressbarn was not a commission sales position, which was a bonus; however, the pay was minimum wage. Hours given were based on performance, or how much the manager liked you. I thoroughly enjoyed working with the customers.
Productive, Creative, and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 18, 2014
Was able to use creativity to create both fun, and eye grabbing floor and window displays. Helping customers find the perfect fashion find to fit their personality was one of the most exciting parts of the job.
Work with women helping them to look and feel beautiful
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Dubuque, IAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: great discount of 40%. the hours are pretty good and flexible
Cons: short breaks, not enough time to get things done, customer complaints
I love working with the women because there are so many stories told in this setting. We work with women who are looking for cloths for work, weddings, special occasions, and sometimes funerals. We get to be the person that they can talk to and share memories and fun times along with the heartbreaks.
I have learned how to sell.
Being a Manager is tough – more... but not impossible. It takes a lot of time and understanding of the Business but is always a work in progress. You get to grow every day.
Each Co-worker is so different. Part of the fun is getting to know everyone as an individual and how to develop them as a team.
Change, anytime there is a change in the company we hear a lot of grumbling and complaining until we share how it will benefit that company.
It is always fun seeing the clothes that get sent to the store and how it helps us to sell new clothes to each client. I think I like the fall the most because the colors are so vibrant and fun. I also enjoy very much doing the Floor-sets. That is when we rearrange the store. We do that quite often giving a fresh look for the customers about every three weeks. – less
Very loving staff!
Retail Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Smyrna, TNOctober 17, 2014
Pros: co-workers and managers are great people
Cons: couldn't work full time
I loved the peopled I was employed with at Dressbarn. A great company to work for. I learned great retail skills from this job
Family work enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Troutdale OregonOctober 14, 2014
Work at dressbarn consisted of friendly polite contact with customers.
I learned a lot about fashion and how to find what someone wants with just a few questions about what type of function they are attending.
The management at Dressbarn was the best I have ever experianced.
I often worked well with my co workers, they were fun, and easy to get along – more... well with.
The hardest part of the job was not getting flustered when people were upset with the merchandise.
The most enjoyable part was contact with people. – less
Good company
Management (Former Employee), KansasOctober 7, 2014
I enjoyed my time with the company. Left company due to wanting more experience in management. No complaints
Great company with awesome benefits
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, NJOctober 1, 2014
The time for vacation was not that great, but my co-workers were a joy to work with.
Assistant manager
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: good staff
Cons: not uch advancement, bad hours
On a typical day I would do a bank deposit, open the store, work with customers, handle all returns, get product out to the floor, change displays, run credit applications, reconcile at the end of the shift prepare deposit for next day and close and lock the store.
Fun and exciting workplace, great team.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Bellevue, WASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: fun, and exciting place to work.
Cons: on sunday's our breaks were short and we couldn't leave the store.
I worked with an amazing team. We got really close and were like family. We worked together to get the jobs done and in a timely manner. Our customers were amazing people who almost always became regulars.
no training
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: not aplicable
Cons: lack of training for the employees.
the down fall of Dressbarn is that don't provide training for the employees but the compant itself expect the employees to self-develo in sales areas, customer service and other ares. i have notice that Dressbarn is a company that don't believe in training.
Flexible work schedule and great environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lexington, KYSeptember 17, 2014
A typical day consists of working the cash register, processing freight, answering phone calls, greeting and helping customers. Love my co-workers and managers. Most enjoyable part of my job is making a customer feel good about themselves when trying on clothes.
productive and fun place to work at all times
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYSeptember 15, 2014
i enjoy going to work to help and make all the costumers happy it is never a dull day on the job, Always something to do even when the job is slow. I love all the people i work with especially my management team who make my day even better.
Family Culture and employees that care
internship-Jr. Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Suffern, NYSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: green cafe in the building, free fitness center, atrium, beautiful architecture, family culture
Cons: nonfrequent promotions
Dressbarn was the first corporate job i've had since graduating Rutgers University. Coming from an elementary school as a computer teacher the transition to junior graphic designer intern wasn't much of a transition as the culture i experienced along with it. Fellow coworkers showed true compassion and interest in each person that worked there and there – more... was more of a solidarity quality in the office among departments rather then competition. We all worked towards a common goal, while being understanding and eager to have a work/ home life balance that would only be truly reflective of the hard work and dedication to this historic brand of dress barn. The company was founded by a trailblazing woman and her husband and grew into a billion dollar business which alone is truly inspiring. The transparency among the executive team to every position throughout this company made me proud to work for such an impressive roster of inspiring individuals. – less
A positive energetic work place
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee), Lincoln City, ORSeptember 14, 2014
Working for Dressbarn has curved my Customer Service Skills in so many ways. Being able to assist Customers and engage with them has inspired me to be more attentive to their needs. This Company has also enhanced my skills for up saleing and fashion. Over all, I enjoyed working with the staff and I feel satisfied that I will be successful in anything – more... I do. – less
Very fun and productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: days off when i needed them.
Cons: 30 minute break and hour lunch.
My day began with steaming and hanging clothes, i learned how to become a multi-tasker and people person, management was great understanding very helpful, co-workers were easy to get along with and drama free, job pining clothes on the maniquin at first when i got the hang of it it was a breeze and that was what i enjoyed the most.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LASeptember 10, 2014
Dressbarn is a great place to job. Its a loving family like culture.
productive workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), west orangeSeptember 9, 2014
I enjoyed working for this company. I was able to meet and greet customers of all walks of life
I love Dressbarn Retail Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Flowood, MSSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: transfer hender
putting your own layouts on the wall and discount on clothes
great job
wonderful co workers
Helping Women Dress for Success
Style Advisor (Current Employee), Greenville, NCSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: customer relationship and being a walking model for dress barn.
Cons: not enough hours.
One of the best things about Dress Barn is when you succeed in helping a customer find that perfect dress/top that they were looking for to wear to their special occasion. While interacting with these ladies you build a relationship that keeps them coming back in for repeat business. I have some of the best co-workers that have really pulled together – more... through our changes in management. An intergral part to any successful company is having everyone work together as a team, where everyone pulls their weight. I love being a part of my Dress Barn team. – less
Got lucky to have a great manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Auburn, WASeptember 7, 2014
District manager was fake and obvious didn't care about any employees except manger.

1 2 3 4 5

About dressbarn

Ascena Retail Group (formerly Dress Barn, Inc.) has left the farm for greener -- but not leaner -- retail pastures. The apparel – Read more

dressbarn Photos