Dressbarn Employee Reviews

Great place
Associate Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2017
Lots of benefits, they treat their employees in very nice manners.
There is a lot of room to grow and continuos opportunities to improve as an employee.
Worst place to work
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSApril 25, 2017
This place sucks to work at. You barely get hours and when you do you get over loaded and then they expect you to know everything and only get paid $8
nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 24, 2017
You did cash handling sales. I worked with some wonderful ladies and we would put outfits together and stock the shelves. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping to satisfy customers needs.
Pros
discount on clothing
Cons
part-time
They didn't work with my schedule very well.
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Shelby, MIApril 22, 2017
I worked here through my senior year of college and they didn't work well with my schedule at all. Calling me in the middle of class, my internship, after I had told every manager about my schedule they still didn't respect it.
Typical retail job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Troutdale, ORApril 22, 2017
I was being considered to run my own store. I would not
allow myself to become more than an assistant manager because I had young kids while pregnant with my third. The company wants a store manager that will be work first above and beyond anything else.
Pros
steady paycheck, room to advance
Cons
Married to job as a store manager
Merchandising and Selling
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 18, 2017
Coming to work was a joy I love helping customer and merchandising my floor. I learned that everyone else didn't always love the job in the same way I did and that made training difficult at times. My management were tough but I guess that how they felt they had to be. The work place was cut throat if a person didn't like you, it was soon found out. The hardest part of the job was making sales goals and promotion. Helping customers and winning contest.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Pay
Best
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 14, 2017
Friendly environment and a lot of opportunities to meet new people. I learned how to manage and be a leader for the team. I learned to be reliable so that everyone can trust me .
Work place culture that strives for personal sales excellence
Store Leader (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 8, 2017
Dressbarn is dedicated to ensuring that their fashion stylists create an engaging and fun shopping experience for their customer thru training and incentive programs.
Pros
Great Associate Discounts
Cons
No medical or vacation benefits to Pt management
Fun place to work and great people to work with.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 8, 2017
The customers are great people. The clothes are reasonably priced. Good employee discount. PART-TIME ONLY! Good company to work for. Shifts are between 4-8 1/2 hours a day.
Pros
Always sometime to do.
Cons
Part-time only.
Dressbarn
retail associate (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAMarch 29, 2017
A good mellow atmosphere. If your store leader is nice you'll enjoy this job, if shes old and moody the district leader wont do anything about her attitude. overall good place, but definitely not worth staying.
Exciting place to work with dynomite management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 27, 2017
A typical day at work was also fun, exciting and sometimes challenging. I learned how to merchandise clothing and do ad sets. The management team here were a wonderful group of ladies to work with. Always helpful with seeing one prosper, especially the store manager herself. The workplace culture was great. Friendly, enthusiastically inviting to everyone; customers as well as new hire. Positive atmosphere. The hardest part of this job at one point was simply learning how to merchandise. The most enjoyable part of this job was the opportunity to learn and grow within the scope of my position.
Pros
Great mangement, flexibility
Cons
Short breaks indeed
Fun Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 26, 2017
I loved working for the Dressbarn company. The managers that I worked under were always there to help me and trained me very well in customer service. It was a fun environment to work in and made me realize how much I loved working with customers directly.
Pros
working directly with customers
Cons
full time only offered to Head Management
productive and fun work place
Assistant Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMarch 23, 2017
You get to work with women each day to inspire them with new outfits or finding a new dress for that special occasion. Great team environment. I learned how to better put outfits together for women. The hardest part about the job is the ever changing schedule.
Assistant Manager formally
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2017
Great place to work. Till someone does not like you. Than they team up to get rid of you. Even though everyone does the same thing. Management was okay. District management only promote friends...
Pros
Good pay, great benefits, great customers
Cons
To many lazy employees. They get promoted. While hard workers get let go.
Fun and Exciting place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE/PERSONAL STYLIST (Current Employee) –  Bear, DelawareMarch 14, 2017
Work is fun and creative! Customers that come in are excited to hear your suggestions & comments before they make a purchase. Helping someone to find the perfect outfit can be very rewarding!
Major floor sets can be very challenging but the monthly ones aren't too bad.Inventory isn't horrible either. Keeping your pay check can be hard due to all the nice clothes and your percentage off you get through the company. Hours are flexible and management is awesome!
Pros
flexible hours & great people
Cons
Hours can be few at times
Better Than Your Average Retail Job
Part-Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 10, 2017
As a part-time sales associate, I greet customers as they walk in and assist in searching for the items that best suit the occasion for which the customers are shopping. It's important to go above and beyond in meeting the customers' needs and building a relationship with them.

I'm still getting used to remembering procedures and rules in regards to the computer system, this being my first retail job. There were some things that management forgot to teach me during training, which is part of the reason why it's taking me longer to get the hang of things. But my managers are nice and understanding.

The hardest part of the job is when we get too busy and cannot attend to all of the customers like we are expected to. Also, there are those customers that whenever you offer your assistance, they keep saying that they are just browsing. This sometimes can be frustrating, as it is a barrier to forming a relationship with the customer.
Pros
Opportunites to work longer shifts, great workplace culture, can request off on whatever days you want as long as you tell management 3 wks in advance
Cons
No Benefits for Part-time Associates, sometimes rude customers, sometimes the constantly changing schedule can conflict with personal arrangements
Great!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 8, 2017
Great place to work! Management was awesome, and the people were great. There are good and bad experiences in every workplace, but the good outweighed the bad here.
Day in a life in retail sales
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Blowing Rock, NCMarch 7, 2017
Face to face with customers. Picking out a out fit for a special occasion. I learned how to set up displays to market products. Culture was pressure to sale and keeping going to customers to ask if they need help. Management had to wear certain shoes that made standing for 8 hours or more hard was the hardest. Customer were the most enjoyable.
Pros
Get to talk to varsity of people
Cons
shoes
love it here but I'm moving
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAMarch 2, 2017
I enjoy all of my coworkers at this dress barn location and if I wasn't moving out of state I would stay until I was old and grey. I would recommend the Monroeville location for any young person who was looking for an awesome place to work where the environment is fun and work always get done!
Pros
great coworkers, great leaders, great trainers
Cons
on occasion poor attitudes from customers and over management from regional managers
Love Dressbarn
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMarch 1, 2017
Loved working for Dressbarn they promote from with in and if they are impressed with you, you can move up quickly! I started as a part time sales associate and in 4 months was a full time Assistant Manager. Corporate DM's would work along side you as if she was at the same level as you and never treated us like they were better than anyone else.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Got slow at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dressbarn. Our community is ready to answer.