Dressbarn Employee Review

Productive workplace with strong core values.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stoneham, MAAugust 19, 2013
The main objective of Dress Barn is to empower women and make them feel good in the clothing they are buying. Another strong emphasis was teamwork while on the job; when a sales associate needed help they would pull in another associate to reinforce positivity onto the customer. Management often allowed sales associates to create their own brand to fit each individual customer and constantly promoted one on one interactions that tailored to each customer. Management was content when we reached our monthly goals while also creating a safe environment not only for the customers but for our fellow coworkers.

Other Dressbarn Employee Reviews

Like running your own business
Store Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Given guideline and what the Sales goal were daily, how to accomplish the goal was based on your customer contact and interaction with each customer.

How to set up the business for success daily.

How to coach my team for success and shown steps for advancement.

Female culture and encouraging

Lots of stock movement which took me off the selling floor.

Planning events for special promotions ie: Suits and Dress sales
Pros
discount on clothing
Cons
time spent on sales promotions
It's a great place to work.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  OklahomaFebruary 12, 2018
The only negative thing I have to say about Dressbarn is that there are not a lot of opportunities to advance due to a shortage of stores. It is a company that is slowly growing, but as with any company it takes time. The managers have always been positive and easy to work with. It is an easy job, with a great discount and awesome people.
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
Not a lot of promotion opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dressbarn. Our community is ready to answer.