Dressbarn Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJSeptember 12, 2016
Typical retail job, involves customer service, shipment, merchandising. Overall nice place to work, I enjoyed the daily interaction with customers and employees.
people and environment is always positive
sweaters department internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2016
DressBarn is one of the best places that I have intern. their culture and enthusiasm is always present. overall my experience at DB was very good and I highly recommend this company.
Customer service orientated job with opportunity to advance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Walker, MISeptember 5, 2016
Working here is never boring; there's always an opportunity to meet a new customer and tailor your sales approach to their individual needs. a sense of current fashion trends is a must as well as a positive attitude.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great benefits, employee discount
Cons
low pay, high turnover
Dressbarn was a great company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAAugust 11, 2016
I loved working for a company who really focused on making women feel good about themselves. I grew the most in my management strengths here. I worked in 5 different stores around western WA, even ran a store for 3 months with no store manager. Due to a significant knee injury/surgeries, I was unable to continue the physical aspect of visual merchandising.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INAugust 6, 2016
Everybody is very friendly and make you feel welcome. I love working at Dressbarn. A typical day you assist customers and do stock. You do your best to keep the store clean and looking good.
a company that allows you to run the business as your own, following their guidelines
STORE LEADER (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJAugust 5, 2016
A great company to work for, they believe in family, work life balance. I started as an assistant and grew to a store leader in one year. they believe in promoting within the business on store level.
Pros
work life balance
great culture
Assistant Buyer, Career Blouses (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJAugust 3, 2016
Dressbarn has a great company culture and is an extremely friendly workplace environment. Compensation for the amount of hard work that is put into this brand by the employees needs improvement
easy job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXAugust 1, 2016
Typical retail job, customers are what makes your day depending on their attitude. New store "leader" doesnt do much leading. Cut hours down to half of what they used to be, so payday isn't very exciting anymore. Espeically when you're trying to get your stuff together to be on your own. Co-workers and assisstant managers are awesome! Super nice, and make you feel very welcome.
Really an easy place to work, great company to work for, good environment overall.
Pros
great environtment
Cons
short breaks, no benefits, not enough hours.
not desireable
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Horseheads, NYJuly 31, 2016
no one was very nice, management was did not care about your development. no one got along.upper management acted like you didn't exist. no work life balance
Fun place to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILJuly 31, 2016
Good company to work for. Love the people and the discount. The work flow is good. I like to keep busy and if we don't have customers I find things to do to keep me busy. I feel everyone should work as a team.
Customer servicee
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAJuly 26, 2016
Cashier,
assist customers in dressing rooms,
helped conduct inventory
put new inventory out on sales floor
basic housekeeping of store front
Fun working environment
Sales lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 22, 2016
It could use a lot of improvements with management and leadership building. But overall I enjoyed working for the company and the people I worked with.
Friendly Atmoshere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJuly 19, 2016
I loved working at Dressbarn because I worked with a team that was very friendly and helpfully directive. It was my first sales associate job, and my coworkers were very helpful in helping me learn what to do. My manager was always very kind, when I was faced with a problem, she would never get upset, but rather offer suggestions or solutions as how to resolve the issue. The only thing that I thought could be better about the job was that because we had so small of a staff. that the hours were not very flexible.
Loved the store I worked for.
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 18, 2016
Working with great co-workers. Helping customers was fun. Overall wonderful work environment. Hardest part not enough hours to work. Could not have a good work/life balance.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Need of more work hours.
Supportive management and great first job
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tulalip, WAJuly 17, 2016
My managers worked with me to help me break out of my shell and excel at customer service. I gained confidence making sales and getting feedback for continuing to do good work. I loved the fast paced environment on busy days and that there's always something to do. The hardest part is just juggling serving customers with other tasks related to the job, but there's not an excessive amount of pressure put on associates. My managers were always sensitive and checked in to make sure I wasn't getting overwhelmed. Hearing feedback from customers is the best part of the job. I loved the culture and I'm sad to go.
Pros
associate discount, flexible scheduling
Cons
not always enough hours, sometimes short staffed
Productive and pleasant place to work.
Part-time sales associate (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNJuly 17, 2016
A very fun and upbeat workplace atmosphere. Management is fair and positive. My most enjoyable part of my job there is helping customers find what they want and leaving the store satified with their shopping experience.
very flexible, understanding, and let's you give your artist visuals or fashion tastes
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WI 53546July 16, 2016
I truly enjoy and see my self in a career in Dressbarn, they are very flexible, enjoyable, creative, bonding, and they want to see you blossom. Helping customers find a perfect dress for their date or a special occasion knowing that you were the one to boost their confidence in wearing that specific dress/clothing. My manager treats me like one of her daughters, they are truly caring and understanding when you need time off or need specific shifts. The hardest part of the job is trying not to buy all the clothes in the store or when a new set of clothes come in. My coworkers are part of my life and family, they are fun, mature, professional and once again understanding.
Pros
they pay for your gas, lunch or hotel if you volunteer to help at another store, discounts in about 5+ sister stores, very flexible
Cons
little benefits
Everyday life at Dressbarn!
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 14, 2016
Management sucks! Once I get there the two managers take off to the back and stay back there ALL shift until one needs to leave, yes i understand we are NEVER BUSY but still when we do get busy its just me working.
Awesome
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJuly 7, 2016
Great place to work, great leadership great for advancement. Hours are flexible and you get a 30 min lunch break. I think over all a great retail spot to start off in.
Fun Workplace and Easy to Advance in Managment
Floor Set Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 6, 2016
Easy to Advance to Management as long as you do what is required. Laid back place to work. Not a huge store so floorsets are easy.
Pros
Easy to Elevate in Managment
Cons
Work life Balance with a small team