dressbarn

dressbarn Employee Reviews

a great place to work
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Mahwah, NJJune 27, 2015
A great place to work. People are friendly, CEO is down to the earth. New office building is awesome. Great benefits program. Work life balance is good.
A good overall job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), UtahJune 26, 2015
Pros: great customers, good company, decent pay for retail
Cons: No work breaks, poor scheduling, lack of communication, unlikely room for advancement
I've learned that Dress Barn is a company that cares about their employees. My experience with my location hasn't been great. My managers only hired me for one slotted shift. If I need to work a different time for any reason (like being very sick) there's literally nobody available to help me with my shift. They've simply hired too many people who will only work days. Guess who works every single Friday night. The pay is 8.50 which isn't horrible but isn't worth it when you don't get a break to even sit for a minute of a 5 hour shift or when there are other issues. There's a lack of communication from managers to sales associates. I've been thrown under the bus because a manager hasn't done their job and blamed it on me. I'm told I'm doing great and the next day that I'm failing at my job. I guess it should be expected when working with a bunch of women. Just avoid this place. I'll miss working with the customers. Only getting 5-10 hours per week isn't worth it.
dressbarn
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pflugerville, TXJune 25, 2015
Pros: If business was slow you could leave.
Cons: Weekly secret shoppers.
A typical a work day is setting a goal for credit card promtions and selling. I learn how to merchandise the walls in the store.The manages were nice.
A learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Monroe, LAJune 20, 2015
Pros: Meeting different people
Cons: None
This job was a learning experience for me. I got the chance to work with people from so many aspects of life and learn so many ways of styling clothing that I haven't seen before.
polite work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Kearny, NJJune 18, 2015
Provide over 30 to 40 customers daily with exceptional service and hospitality
Maintain open dialogue and a respectful work environment with customers and associates
Committed and passionate about personal sales excellence
Represent fashion, style and product knowledge of dressbarn brands
Maintain a clean and comfortable store environment
Work on a flexible schedule
Self- Motivated through any work environment
Terrible place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rego Park, NYJune 18, 2015
Pros: I was taught how to open/close stores
Cons: Management overworked and under appreciated employees
Though it did have some enjoyable moments, Dressbarn was an overall terrible experience for me. It seemed like almost everyone was on their own agenda and the ones that try to help out got fired. They don't accept if you have a medical illness or not, if you try to call out weeks in advance they'll still write you up.
Great place to work with amazing teammates and great discounts
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Billings, MTJune 17, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment, great team, efficient work space, helping out on many different tasks, high discount, very good management
Cons: Needed benefits and a higher wage
Coming into work is always different and interesting: I debrief with management and my colleagues about current situations for customers and the store, then analyze for myself the floor and any customers' needs. I neaten any askew items, clean, handle transactions of every kind except managerial-approved only and attend to customers and their requests.
I've learned a lot about clothing, design, and how to meet and diagnose customer's needs for outfits while providing a great experience for the customer. I've honed my team-work skills significantly and can work quickly and efficiently as part of one.
The hardest part of the job is actually the most enjoyable part of the job: finding the customer what they're after. I like analyzing and going over the customer's tastes, desires and seeing if we have anything to fit those needs. We often find outfits and styles together and if we don't, at least we had a great experience.
Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJune 16, 2015
Fun place to work as a part time worker while being a student. Loved creating outfits and helping customers feel good in the clothing. Loved viewing new clothes, shoes, accessories that came out. Management was typical and just okay. However, the supervisor directly above me was very helpful and motivating.
loved my team
Associate Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, VAJune 14, 2015
This was my first opportunity to lead and I loved every minute of this job because it really taught me how to be a fair manager and lead by example because my manager was great.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJune 12, 2015
Pros: Management worked with the employees, the hours were agreeable
Cons: The hours, having to work every other weekend.
1. Greeting and assisting customers, putting stock on the floor
2. I have learned to work with a variety of people
3. Management were willing to work with staff and change schedules if needed.
4. Co-workers helped each other out if needed
5. The hardest part about the job was making sure there wasn't any shoplifiting going on during store hours.
6. The most enjoyable part about the job was the discount that the employees were given.
fashion/ fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXJune 9, 2015
At Dressbarn I learned how to manage a staff and how to hold my team accountable for reaching their goals. I love fashion and it was a fun place to work.
Fun and awesome company to work for!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJune 9, 2015
I have learned a lot since I've been at Dress Barn. I've met so many awesome people over the years. I enjoy working with my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new and interesting people and helping them feel better about themselves. I would have to say that I don't agree with the way they promote employees. It appears to me that your skills and how you treat the customers and your co-workers aren't as important as you would think. It's who the favorite.
Upbeat friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Blowing Rock, NCJune 7, 2015
I love interacting with people. I was able to establish trust and build long term relationships with clients. I was very successful at sales.
AT WORK MY OPINION SEEM TO COUNT
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 5, 2015
As a team to increase business turn window shoppers into buyers to given them that experience of the store atmosphere and brand to inspire
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Estero, FlJune 2, 2015
Fun place to work, and my store leader put in the time in order to develop her team to be the best that you can be. I learned how to work with our customers and give them the best experience that they could have. As I grew with the company I had the oppurtunity to work and learn many areas of the business, and found out what my passions were.
Amazing coworkers across the nation, great communication, and wonderful clothes!
Retail/Customer Service (Current Employee), Greensburg, PAMay 29, 2015
A day in Dressbarn typically consists of a lot of customer service, cleaning, and stocking. I've learned through our motto "Inspiring women to look and feel beautiful" that there are a lot of women who need that extra confidence boost. It feels amazing being able to put a little pep in my customer's step! Management isn't so bad, sometimes you just need a little more communication. Co-workers are amazing if you have the right store, I wouldn't trade my girls for anything. They are my family! The only hard part of the job that I can really think of is trying to advance and get raises. There's a yearly review that's based solely on what your manager thinks of you, and you don't have much say in whether they decide to raise your pay or not. I love my job, though! Such a wonderful company with a wonderful and inspiring message and mission!
Fun Staff
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Hicksville, NYMay 28, 2015
I did open/close procedures which meant dropping off money deposits at the bank, cash handling,etc. I did floor and wall arrangements of merchandise according to corporate standards. Assist customers in building their business wardrobe. I did scheduling and payroll proceeders. It was a great staff to work with. But District Manager was trying to close stores by giving an overstock of clearance to drive sales down. And my store was one of them. Later, that District Manager was fired for this.

Also, I did not like the constant threats against staff employment if they did not get certain amount of customers to sign up for the DressBarn Card.
District Management for this company is not good.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Cypress, TXMay 25, 2015
Pros: The fashion culture of Dressbarn is a positive.
Cons: District Management mistreats their employees and lower management.
District Management is sometimes unprofessional in the way they treat the employees and lower management under them.
Store Leader (Former Employee), Canton, MIMay 21, 2015
Fast pace enjoyed working with the customer.
Customer experience is a must for this job.
Friendly associates love working for the company.
great job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), limirick paMay 14, 2015
Pros: flexible, and friendly
Cons: low pay, hours go up and down
I love working at Dressbarn we inspire women to feel there best and help women with their wardrobe. We work as a team and learn a lot from each other and our self's. I don't feel there is a hard part in working there because I am only a part time associate. My manger works with me when i want days off and flexible with me becasue i am flexible with her. I love when a customer relies on me to help her and always comes to see me to help her. I try my best to make a connection with a customer and give them the best experience. The only thing I don't like about the job is the hours go up and down and I don't have a great pay. It's just hard to live off of this job but a great part-time job.

1 2 3 4 5

About dressbarn

Ascena Retail Group (formerly Dress Barn, Inc.) has left the farm for greener -- but not leaner -- retail pastures. The apparel – Read more

dressbarn Salaries

$28,000 per year
Sales Associate/Customer Service
$8.25 per hour

dressbarn Photos

City of Shreveport Womens Conference Fashion Show...Sponsored by Store 460.