Dressbarn Employee Reviews

Constant changes in people
Sales Associate, Assistant Manager, Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCFebruary 21, 2017
Great company to build confidence & empowerment, but once you advance to a certain level, you are financially capped out.
Pros
Work in a team environment.
Cons
It's nonstop, ever changing, & exhausting.
Awesome
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAFebruary 20, 2017
Loved the team I worked with, if I go back to that store I know I would have an instant job. The manager and team was always dedicated and a fun loving group. Highly recommend.
Pros
cool boss
Cons
can be stressful
Fun atmosphere!
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INFebruary 18, 2017
I love working at Dressbarn. The staff is friendly. The management is great. The store manager can be a little chaotic at times on what she wants. Overall it is a great place to work.

The insurance is great. I have my two children on it and cost me about 160 every two weeks. The work home life balance is awesome.

The floor sets are fairly easy to do. Wonderful customers to work with. I enjoy all the employees. They are reliable and show up to work on time.
Great Company Overall
Sales (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDFebruary 17, 2017
I absolutely loved working for DressBarn. The pay was fair the hours didn't keep me from my family. Best job I have had. DressBarn cares about their customers. We become the customers personal shopper. We are trained on how to approach customers and how to drive our sales. We had many different jobs within the store. We worked with customers, checked them out, put merchandise on the floor, red lined, cleaned, answered phones and worked together on floor plans. I enjoyed my job.
Great workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNFebruary 15, 2017
Excellent atmosphere for boutique style store. Management is able to maintain great store appeal for women of all sizes. Staffing is also great. Always able to help customers
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Not enough room for advancement
Typical retail environment
Assistant Manager Retail (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAFebruary 13, 2017
Decent program for productive sales associates. Discount on clothing was nice. Typical retail hours and nice benefits for full time employees.
Good to learn retail, disorganized training for promotions
Full Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 12, 2017
You will learn retail if you apply yourself and determine to learn it on your own. Depending on the manager, you will receive a basic outline of training when moving up to assistant manager, a book to guide you, but most managers are too busy and inundated to take the time that you need to develop, especially in visual, unless you are hand picked to move up. You are expected to develop yourself with hard copy provided. While working with associates is a delightful experience in most cases and the job culture can be very enjoyable in that sense, the lack of consistency from store to store in the way that training and various policies are handled can be disconcerting when you move from one store to another. Each store is based on manager's particulars. Working amongst primarily women can be rewarding. Small petty issues can become huge and looming problems that show up in your 6 month and annual reviews. District leaders can be unaccountable and therefore you are subject to their whims and victimized by clearly deceptive and unethical practices where there are no checks and balances. They can create policy or make requirements of managers outside of corporate view. While many have had good experiences, after many years of service I was happy to move on. If you are self driven and accomplished at teaching yourself, the formatted tools that you can plug into can teach you, but don't expect much shaping and forming from stores or managers if you are to become an assistant manager. You will be expected to MOD as required and you will be reviewed on that basis.
The company
  more... overspent on some nationally well known models in an advertising campaign that did not produce results. The company is now suffering a setback with layoffs, store closings and year end bonus withdrawals.  less
Pros
Culture, associate teamwork, health benefits
Cons
Poor Training, District Managers lack of accountability, lower end of pay scale
Great store to work for.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAFebruary 12, 2017
In general retailing is tough work and balancing it with your personal life. But this was a great company to work for. They expected a lot from you, but they did reward you for your hard work.
Wonderful Learning experience at Any stage in working history.
Stylist/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 11, 2017
Working at Dressbarn was an interesting experience. You got the chance to meet people from all around the world, and get a seemingly "fresh look" at customer service. A typical day involved role playing with your co-workers to better assist customers, and to learn the differences between selling and servicing. The management is great separately but together, they seem to need to work with communication, as none of them seem to be on the same page.
Pros
paid lunch breaks, flexible schedules, regular annual pay raises, and great training with communication
Cons
no health benfits of any kind unless managment, very little opportunity for internal growth and promotion, and unrealistic sales expectaions
Great customer clientele
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLFebruary 6, 2017
Dressbarn is a great company to work for. They believe in life work balance. They are very compassionate for their employees. The most enjoyable part of the job are the customers.

Want to know more about Dressbarn?

Ask a question
helping women look and feel good about themselves
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Grandville, MIFebruary 4, 2017
giving women opinions on clothing choices for work, special events or everyday life and how to select clothes for their body type. give them great service with honest opinions they will depend on you to help them the next time they shop.
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
Nov thru April is the slow season with very few hours to be had.
The culture of Dress Barn made it feel like you were part of one big family.Very nice company and team to work with.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington Delaware/ Fairfax shopping centerFebruary 4, 2017
Being employed with Dress Barn I learned so many great things. The most important to me was that a store leader were able to take on the role as business owners and make decisions at our level that would impact our business.Over my twelve years I made a lot of great friends, customers and co-workers. I will take the experience and knowledge I learned and implement it in furthering my career.

I highly recommend to anyone who has the passion for the business and giving the ultimate customer experience.
Pros
work life balance/ opportunity to grow in the company
I enjoyed working here
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJFebruary 1, 2017
Dressbarn was a nice place to work. Atypical day consisted of servicing clients and sorting through stock.
Management was late most times, but lived the furthest away.
The hardest part of the job was excepting the pay.
The best part was servicing the client.
fun job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJanuary 31, 2017
helped customers find what they were looking for, first retail job so I learned everything, management was ok. I feel they needed to look at who their managers were, it was a like save place to work at, hardest part was getting the hours to work, helping the customers was the fun of the job.
nice place to work
Area Leader (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHJanuary 30, 2017
It would be wonderful if everyone could have the work experience I had with Dressbarn. They make up the lower salaries in a great culture. I would highly recommend working for Dressbarn of you would like to work with really nice people.
Good company to work for
Store Leader (Former Employee) –  Osage Beach, MOJanuary 27, 2017
*Manage associates and focus on sales
*Learned how to deal with diversity with this job more than any other I have had
*Fellow managers were good, I did not have a great relationship with my District Manager.
*I was not allowed to go home early at ANY time for ANY reason
*Not being able to communicate with my District Manager effectively
*I interacted with many people and enjoyed making their day better
Benefits
Cons
Was not family oriented like they could have been
Productive enviorment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 27, 2017
my experience at dress barn was great. I got to learn how to deal with customers and cope with their needs and demands. Being a part time i got to learn how to operate the store in case one of my managers were called out on an emergency.
Fun place to work, great employees
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Palmetto Bay, FLJanuary 24, 2017
Company is nice to work for. Benefits are ok good health, dental and vision insurance. Management pretty nice always helpful when assistance was needed. Work Life balance is important to management and try to accommodate scheduling request. Pay is not the best very low for the amount of tasks and responsibilities they require of you.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay
great working environment/associates
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJanuary 24, 2017
Create new sets for merchandise. Process new freight. Assist customers to find perfect outfits. Resolve customer issues. Process payroll. Train employees. Maintain store.
Pros
great associates
Great opportunity for growth
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYJanuary 24, 2017
A caring environment in which one can grow and climb the ladder. You learn various ways to communicate with the public. You learn skills in order to sell during different periods of the year.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dressbarn. Our community is ready to answer.