Dressbarn Employee Reviews in United States

Customer servicee
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAJuly 26, 2016
Cashier,
assist customers in dressing rooms,
helped conduct inventory
put new inventory out on sales floor
basic housekeeping of store front
Fun working environment
Sales lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 22, 2016
It could use a lot of improvements with management and leadership building. But overall I enjoyed working for the company and the people I worked with.
Friendly Atmoshere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJuly 19, 2016
I loved working at Dressbarn because I worked with a team that was very friendly and helpfully directive. It was my first sales associate job, and my coworkers were very helpful in helping me learn what to do. My manager was always very kind, when I was faced with a problem, she would never get upset, but rather offer suggestions or solutions as how to resolve the issue. The only thing that I thought could be better about the job was that because we had so small of a staff. that the hours were not very flexible.
Loved the store I worked for.
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 18, 2016
Working with great co-workers. Helping customers was fun. Overall wonderful work environment. Hardest part not enough hours to work. Could not have a good work/life balance.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Need of more work hours.
Supportive management and great first job
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tulalip, WAJuly 17, 2016
My managers worked with me to help me break out of my shell and excel at customer service. I gained confidence making sales and getting feedback for continuing to do good work. I loved the fast paced environment on busy days and that there's always something to do. The hardest part is just juggling serving customers with other tasks related to the job, but there's not an excessive amount of pressure put on associates. My managers were always sensitive and checked in to make sure I wasn't getting overwhelmed. Hearing feedback from customers is the best part of the job. I loved the culture and I'm sad to go.
Pros
associate discount, flexible scheduling
Cons
not always enough hours, sometimes short staffed
Productive and pleasant place to work.
Part-time sales associate (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNJuly 17, 2016
A very fun and upbeat workplace atmosphere. Management is fair and positive. My most enjoyable part of my job there is helping customers find what they want and leaving the store satified with their shopping experience.
very flexible, understanding, and let's you give your artist visuals or fashion tastes
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WI 53546July 16, 2016
I truly enjoy and see my self in a career in Dressbarn, they are very flexible, enjoyable, creative, bonding, and they want to see you blossom. Helping customers find a perfect dress for their date or a special occasion knowing that you were the one to boost their confidence in wearing that specific dress/clothing. My manager treats me like one of her daughters, they are truly caring and understanding when you need time off or need specific shifts. The hardest part of the job is trying not to buy all the clothes in the store or when a new set of clothes come in. My coworkers are part of my life and family, they are fun, mature, professional and once again understanding.
Pros
they pay for your gas, lunch or hotel if you volunteer to help at another store, discounts in about 5+ sister stores, very flexible
Cons
little benefits
Everyday life at Dressbarn!
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 14, 2016
Management sucks! Once I get there the two managers take off to the back and stay back there ALL shift until one needs to leave, yes i understand we are NEVER BUSY but still when we do get busy its just me working.
Awesome
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJuly 7, 2016
Great place to work, great leadership great for advancement. Hours are flexible and you get a 30 min lunch break. I think over all a great retail spot to start off in.
Fun Workplace and Easy to Advance in Managment
Floor Set Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 6, 2016
Easy to Advance to Management as long as you do what is required. Laid back place to work. Not a huge store so floorsets are easy.
Pros
Easy to Elevate in Managment
Cons
Work life Balance with a small team
Fun place to work, great company and benefits
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAJuly 5, 2016
Limited opportunity at the time so accepted new position. The starting pay was low, but received raises every year even in the down economy. Great benefits for health insurance, if opportunity arose would consider returning.
Customer service focused
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Matthews, NCJuly 5, 2016
Very focused on providing excellent customer service and building relationships with customers. Not too much tasking to be done, required to have at least two associates at a time so the work load is manageable. The hardest part is the customers really want one on one attention and you need to remember their names. You also have to sell their credit card, although they offer a discount for an application. The best part is getting to know the customers and having them come in and look for you and give you good feedback.
Pros
Nice clothes, nice customers, good support from the company
Cons
Secret shoppers are very picky if you miss any details
Enjoyable atmosphere to work at
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 1, 2016
Working at Dressbarn was very enjoyable. I like the fact that the company unlike many others strongly believe in work and life balance. This being said, if you are schedule to leave at 6pm, then 6pm it is, you will not even be allowed a minute longer. At the same time your supervisor will give you realistic time frame and/or dead lines for projects always keeping the client in mind. You want employees having a fresh mind and being available to the client at all time, not tired and overworked. Time off, vacations, and schedules are also though out around this.

On the other hand, not in every location did I see advancement.
In my last location, employees got cross trained for any position in the store and were pretty much able to take over another position if needed, but I felt that the manager will like her employees so much, that even if the employee was completely capable and ready for a promotion transferring to another location she would not allowed it.
Pros
work and life balance and respect for each other
Cons
not every location allowed advancement
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CA 95219June 30, 2016
I enjoyed the ladies that I worked with here. Dress Barn was a quite and nice environment. They sold dress up clothing (like business) so the customers were nice and had well manners.
Fun job and good hours
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAJune 29, 2016
I learned alot here at Dressbarn, it was one of my favorite jobs i had, i was sad when they had to close down. The management and co-workers were great! I loved the hours i had.
Pros
great hours and great company
Productive place to work
Fashion Stylist (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJune 27, 2016
It was fun meeting new people everyday and working with my team. we laughed and had a great time each day.
Good people to work with. Easy training.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJune 26, 2016
We had on the job training. Hit the floor running. Checked the floor every work day to see what was new. Ready to sell. The co-workers became family. A fun happy place to work. Training was great. Hardest part was getting all the stock back in place. Very busy store. Most enjoyable was working with people and talking with them. Loved helping them with their look. Good management.
Pros
flex schedule.
Cons
No lunch time. Short break.
Productive and enjoyable work place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJune 24, 2016
A typical day at Dressbarn would include helping customers to fitting rooms, assisting them in finding outfits for special events or a new wardrobe. I learned to work with different people, personalities and styles to accommodate to the customers liking. The management was well rounded and overall they looked out for the benefit of the employees and the store. My co-workers were great, we didn't work as much with each other as we did with management. The hardest part of the job I would say was accommodating to every customer at the same time, or having a certain task to complete all while helping the customers present. The most enjoyable aspect about Dressbarn was the welcoming environment and shopping experience.
Pros
Yearly raise
Cons
Rare promotion opportunites
Boring job for a teen
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 20, 2016
I only worked here temporarily. I hated the way management worked, they were rude an not comprehensive. This is not a job for young people, its very boring and very strict with everything, at least at the location i worked. And i had such low pay it was embarrassing. They ask too much to be getting paid 9/hr.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
very strict, low pay, excessive work
Team work makes the dream work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJune 19, 2016
If you do not have a strong team this job will be very demanding. Also management has a way of making the team not as strong.