Dressbarn Employee Reviews

Great room for training and growth with great culture of the company
Assistant Vice President /Regional Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJJune 21, 2017
The company culture was one of the main reasons I went to work for DB. I was at my last company for 15 years and wanted a company that stood for what I believed in. I wanted a company that was financially stable and was growing and profitable and wanted to retire with them. I retired 25 years after starting with them.
Pros
Stable with great culture and honesty
Cons
Good job for college students
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 18, 2017
It is a great environment to work in for college students, they are flexible with the hours and willing to work with your availability. However, there is little room to grow within the company as a student due to the fact that they require 100% availability, even for a part-time assistant manager.
Pros
good work-life balance, good people, discounts
Cons
no room to grow
An enjoyable and friendly atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Crestview Hills, KYJune 15, 2017
I really enjoy working for Dressbarn, all of the employees are friendly and the schedule is flexible around my school and personal life. Although the work may sometimes be monotonous, no two days are the same!
Customers and Stock
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 15, 2017
At work, you are usually putting out stock along with ringing up customers and making sure their needs are met before all else. I learned how to deal with customers and making sure they were taken care of. I also had to learn a floor plan and make sure I knew where everything was. The culture was fine. The hardest part of the job was taking care of the customers. It could be draining at times. I loved meeting new people and making them feel important.
Overall unorganized
Personal Fashion Stylist/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXJune 14, 2017
Work schedule is unfair and mostly based on favoritism. schedule is supposed to be available on Tuesday but usually is completed on Thursday night or Friday. Furthermore, making it difficult to make plans for personal time. Short staffed and underpaid.
would never work there again
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mohegan Lake, NYJune 13, 2017
my manager was a racist, always complaining when spanish customers come into the store. she also always made the largest employee on shift work in the plus size section
Great Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJune 6, 2017
Dressbarn is a great place to work when one is trying to balance school and other obligations at the same time. It is a place to learn communication skills and what it means to work as and in a group. I loved all of my co-workers there and would recommend the company. Although there are stressful moments, everyone has to remember that every job environment is going to have stressful moments.
Pros
Co-workers are great; you get to deal with cloths all day; nice people there to support you always.
Cons
smart sets are tedious and challenging at times.
nice work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 3, 2017
Easy going co-workers. The amount of work keeps you occupied, but is necessary for the job. The job feels more like you are working with family, and close friends.
Very fast paced
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 1, 2017
A typical day is fast paced and full of analyzing traffic and work performance, The company is really trend forward and always looking to grow the brand.
Sales Stylist (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMay 31, 2017
I loved working here but quit to help out a family member in need. An average day would be helping put together outfits for our "smart" girl! I learned many new trees in fashion and I had fun while doing it. My store manager was amazing and always helped me whenever possible.
Pros
You put together outfits, decent pay
Cons
operating systems were dated
fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Daphne, ALMay 30, 2017
Great place to work with amazing people amazing work place, Great discount and great place to grow as an individual . I love working for this company
Pros
great employee discount
Cons
if you dont work a 8 hour shift you dont get a break
no comment
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Pelham Manor, NYMay 30, 2017
enjoyed my job and co workers. i did merchandising and visuals, payroll. Execute inventory controls, money replenishment and cash register. train and hire new employess
Great concept - poor execution
marketing (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJMay 29, 2017
Dressbarn is an amazing brand backed by an incredible family. MY skill set was not utilized by management. I was thrown into a mass production roll. Taking direction from an unqualified candidate. Somehow putting the copy director in charge of digital marketing for the website was unbelievable. She had no idea what it meant to manage the workflow, micro managing, treating people horribly. The word "bullying" comes to mind. Someone of her age should have more maturity. Looking to the "print" department to approve digital assets. The company went through a massive lay off and how this person was still employed I will never know. I wish I was utilized for my talents. I fell in love with this company. Everything about it was amazing. But the work was so unorganized, a lot of us just couldn't take it anymore. I feel horrible for those that chose to stay. yet remain hopeful that change will come to the brand. And the marketing team.

The family that started Dressbarn were all so wonderful. And I do hope better days are ahead for the this legacy fashion brand!

Upper management needs to take a closer look on where these "managers" are coming from. How they treat employees. To appoint a non-creative to run a creative team is absolutely un believable. No matter how good it looks on paper.
Pros
Beautiful building. L.E.E.D certified
Cons
Very poor HR department. Poor Management. Cliques. Non creatives providing creative direction.
Great Company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63119May 25, 2017
A typical day at Dress Barn is exciting and fun.
I have learned a lot in the past 10 years, I learned how to style my customers, manage a team,and the in an outs of running a store.
The workplace culture is like a family.
The most enjoyable part of the job is styling and building lasting relationship with your customers, when you customer comes in your store and ask for you directly it makes you feel awesome.
its an ok job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 24, 2017
For a younger college girl starting out it is an ok job. I worked there part time, the minimum... little pay. Nothing I could live on or pay rent with.
A great place to work at and a great place to learn new skills.
Part-time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 23, 2017
Dressbarn is a great place that offers a great training program that allows you to learn new skills for the future of Dressbarn and your own future.

I learned a lot and was able to improve skills like selling, team cooperation, team management, communication, customer service and much more. Additionally, once one skill is made and improved, the store leader would give me a task or set of tasks that allow me to learn and improve another skill.

The workplace culture is fun and friendly. It does vary from store leader to store leader, however, the company likes a family like culture. You are always welcomed to bring up any concerns, questions, and ideas
Pros
Consistant personal and team building
An okay job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIMay 22, 2017
Thought it would be something I wanted, ended up not what I wanted at all. Too much "down time" but was "forced" to keep busy when there was nothing to keep busy doing.
Fun helping people with outfits
Customer service (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEMay 21, 2017
I enjoyed working at Dress Barn. I worked there during the summers. My regular job was a school year position. It was fun to help people with new outfits. Enjoyed working with my coworkers.
Pros
Fun atmosphere most of the time
Cons
Weekends
Easy & laid back
Stylist (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 18, 2017
It's easy working there but there's no benefits and few hours. Few customers visit the store which results in not making store goal. Not making store goal on a daily basis cause sales associates to have very few hours. Did I say no benefits? Other than the employee discount.
Pros
Employees discount
Cons
No benefits, few hours
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZMay 15, 2017
This is an excellent store and is for all women around the world. For the working mother, grandparent sister or daughter. This store is aim to please all women of different shape and size. To allow women to feel and look exquisite.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dressbarn. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval