Dressbarn Employee Reviews

Corpus Chrisit-Great Team To Work With
Assistant Manager-Part Time (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 15, 2017
Love this group I work with at Dress Barn. We are a family and care about each other. When work is stressful we come together to get the job done. Wish more customers knew about our lovely little store and the pay was more competitive.
Pros
Great team support
Cons
Low Pay
A wonderful company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 15, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Dress Barn, the company is very family-oriented and the people I worked with were very friendly. The store was never open on Thanksgiving or Christmas, which the employees loved because we were able to spend that time with family.
Great workplace and Great Company too.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 11, 2017
Team work and team members. Helpful to customers too. I love Dress Barn and I would recommend this job to job seekers and to people who love fashions style and career clothes.
Hostile and Drama Filled
Stylist (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAAugust 9, 2017
I would never work there again, and would not recommended it to any of my friends. Some of the staff was very nice, however most of the managers were rude, and obviously picked favorites with time slots and hours.
Enjoyable work enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 9, 2017
I enjoyed my experience with Dressbarn. The work environment was positive and upbuilding and i was able to gain knowledge and good retail experience during my temporary assignment there.
Cons
Work hours
I like working for Dress barn.
Customer-Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAAugust 8, 2017
The ladies and i work well together,stress free and she share the responsibilities .I luckily have a nice store Manager,she's understanding and more than willing to explain the new changes and distribute the work evenly among the stylists.
Pros
stress free and lunch break after 6 hrs
Cons
low pay and walking all day.
Review
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 7, 2017
While I worked at Dressbarn, I enjoyed the people but the management staff could improve. I feel they didn't really respect the job work/personal life and did not care to offer the flexibility that is very well needed for people with families.
Dressbarn is a wonderful place to work!
Store Leader (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHAugust 5, 2017
Dressbarn is an excellent place to work. The culture of dressbarn is inspiring and rewarding. The management at dressbarn are firm but fair. Expectations for management is clearly defined. I enjoyed my tenure with dressbarn. I have made lifelong friends with both my associates and customers.
Boring at times
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 4, 2017
IF you like slow paced volume to learn retail, this may be the job for you. The company provides a good merchandise planner to follow for easy store presentation.
Pros
great place to learn retail
Cons
only 1 person in store at times
to many bad changes
Store Leader (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 3, 2017
Terrible company. It is now part of a corporation that is cut throat and trying in all the wrong ways to stay afloat. They cut so many jobs that there is no security and the company has lost millions over the last five years and haven't been able to make a profit. Stock prices are also down
Pros
schedule
Cons
upper management, unstable company
The most enjoyable part of the job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDAugust 3, 2017
Selling casual and dressy ladies clothing. Giving great service to each lady who enters the store looking for just the right clothing for the event and seeing them happy with their purchase and looking forward to wearing the clothing. Helping the husbands plus children choose a wonderful gift for their wives/moms during the holidays and any other special times throughout the year.
Pros
Helping each other out whenever needed
Cons
When the weather is bad in the winter and not closing the store earlier.
Great place to work!
Regional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 1, 2017
dressbarn provided me with the development and training that have made me an outstanding administrative professional! Management is great. Workplace culture is phenomenal. Most enjoyable part of the job is the associates! Great people to work for and with!
Pros
work life balance
Amazing Environment!!!
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Gonzales, LAJuly 31, 2017
A company that I enjoy working for and hopefully to remain with them even with my transfer to another state. Among other companies, I am overly satisfied with the company and the compassion and love they present to their employees.
Friendly environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pelham Manor, NYJuly 31, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job for me, was the customers and the culture. The motto at Dressbarn is empowerment of women of all sizes, I loved greeting the customers and providing personal attention to suit their needs. Its like were friends and on a girls shopping trip. Helping them come out of their shell, trying on something they may not have usually tried on. There is a great satisfaction in really helping someone feel better about their self and it being honest.
Pros
the great discount on great clothing and accessories
Cons
long hours during the holidays
Great 2nd job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSJuly 31, 2017
Serving customers was wonderful. A lot to learn, must be a multi-tasker. Nice group of ladies to work with, (customers & co-workers). Store manager was all over the place. She would assign someone a task & forget about it. Then she would fall apart because she felt as though no one is listening to her & was out to take her job.
Pros
Clothing discount, EAP program, learning management skills, helping customers
Cons
Store managers gossip about associates too much, unrealistic expectations regarding sales goals, merchandising
Nice place to meet new people and help them
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNJuly 30, 2017
I enjoyed meeting new people and helping them find the perfect outfit. I had a manager that stayed in the back playing card games on the computer and eating. I was not trained on the registers for 4 weeks after being hired and she hated when I would have to get her to come run the register. I felt bad and embarrassed having to tell the customer to wait until I got my manager. Some people would just leave because they were on their lunch break and didn't have time to wait.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
short or no breaks
interesting and quaint look on fashion retail
Sales Expert (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJuly 28, 2017
Work consisted of stocking, product knowledge, and point of sale know-how. Learned a little bit about fashion, but left a lot of questions that the company didn't have good training for. The culture was that of either great care and focus on all company standpoints, or those, "it's just a job people'. They didn't offer many incentives to help people get to care for the company.
Pros
passionate staff, solid product, and paid breaks
Cons
low training, poor company adaptability, and very in crowd for management.
Closing Stores
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  OklahomaJuly 28, 2017
I worked for Dressbarn for almost 2 years, I advanced in my position, and took my job very personal. Out of the blue we were notified that our store was going to be closing and we had 60 more days of work. It's been over a month since our last day, and one of the sales associates still hasn't received their last paycheck. We received severance paperwork that stated how much we were to receive in severance, but once I got the severance money it was a little more half of what the paperwork had said. 38% went to taxes. I acknowledge that everything has to be taxed, but I wish we would've been given an estimate of after taxes.
Pros
Discount to Sister Stores
Cons
Low pay, impossible superiors, small crews
Retail
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cordova, TNJuly 26, 2017
I pride myself on never speaking poorly of anyone, I must say, I hope things have changed for future employees. As a whole the Dress Barn is great and regional managers were very professional.
well rounded work place.
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arvin, CAJuly 25, 2017
If your are looking for some of the new and most favorite styles this is the place to shop. It is well rounded and has something for everyone no matter your size or shape.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dressbarn. Our community is ready to answer.