Dressbarn Employee Reviews

Good work environment
Human Resource Administrator (Former Employee) –  Suffern, NYJuly 6, 2017
A productive workplace that strives to appreciate their associates at the corporate level, in the field, and in the Distribution center. Motivation and support at all levels.
Company policy & pay are ridiculous
Sales Associate/Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIJune 30, 2017
Pay is not great. Company policy is horrible & not reasonable. Upper management needs to be more hands on & get to know employees. Women who have children should not work there due to their last minute scheduling & not enough hours. Lack of communication with management & corporate
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Raises are definitely not reasonable, cut throat environment, dress barn does not care for employees or women who have children
Great learning experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tannersville, PAJune 29, 2017
Receiving merchandise
Selling
Setting up new floor plans
Setting up for weekly sales

Worked with 2 other managers. We all worked together very well which made the job fun
Pros
Great, fun, job to work
Cons
Nothing really to say
Management could have been better but overall it was a good job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 29, 2017
Was a good job for being retail... Managerment could have been better... they knew that you were replacable so the managers didn't treat you as well as they should have
Love playing with the clothes
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 27, 2017
Love working for Dress Barn and helping women fell their best! I have had 3 manager in the 3 years I have been there but it is hard work and a lot time on your feet in shoes not tennis shoes.

Love the clients and the team work in my store. Have a had a good team this past year. It would be nice if they paid what Kohl's and JCP pay but happiness is worth giving up a bit of money.

I am happy with this job and love my coworkers.
Pros
flexible scheduling, great people and management
Cons
need to be able to wear tennis shoes for better support.
Enjoying the Customer service experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COJune 25, 2017
Dressbarn was my first retail job. I had learned a lot from my manager and my peers. i opened up a lot and learned what it was to have a sense of fashion to better help my clients.the best part of the job was being able to put a smile on any customers face by the time they left the store.
Cons
No Benefits
fun, energetic place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, NYJune 23, 2017
we all worked as a team to accomplish goals, this company supports the community and there employees and family. a day would be resetting floor, markdowns customer service
Pros
we truly all got along and had fun
Cons
my store closed
Amazing place to work
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 22, 2017
Only bad thing about working there was the lack of hours. I really needed more and there wasn't any to give if it was full time i would still be there.
Pros
Amazing co workers and atmosphere
Cons
not enough hours
Great room for training and growth with great culture of the company
Assistant Vice President /Regional Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJJune 21, 2017
The company culture was one of the main reasons I went to work for DB. I was at my last company for 15 years and wanted a company that stood for what I believed in. I wanted a company that was financially stable and was growing and profitable and wanted to retire with them. I retired 25 years after starting with them.
Pros
Stable with great culture and honesty
Cons
Good job for college students
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 18, 2017
It is a great environment to work in for college students, they are flexible with the hours and willing to work with your availability. However, there is little room to grow within the company as a student due to the fact that they require 100% availability, even for a part-time assistant manager.
Pros
good work-life balance, good people, discounts
Cons
no room to grow
An enjoyable and friendly atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Crestview Hills, KYJune 15, 2017
I really enjoy working for Dressbarn, all of the employees are friendly and the schedule is flexible around my school and personal life. Although the work may sometimes be monotonous, no two days are the same!
Customers and Stock
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 15, 2017
At work, you are usually putting out stock along with ringing up customers and making sure their needs are met before all else. I learned how to deal with customers and making sure they were taken care of. I also had to learn a floor plan and make sure I knew where everything was. The culture was fine. The hardest part of the job was taking care of the customers. It could be draining at times. I loved meeting new people and making them feel important.
Overall unorganized
Personal Fashion Stylist/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXJune 14, 2017
Work schedule is unfair and mostly based on favoritism. schedule is supposed to be available on Tuesday but usually is completed on Thursday night or Friday. Furthermore, making it difficult to make plans for personal time. Short staffed and underpaid.
would never work there again
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mohegan Lake, NYJune 13, 2017
my manager was a racist, always complaining when spanish customers come into the store. she also always made the largest employee on shift work in the plus size section
Great Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJune 6, 2017
Dressbarn is a great place to work when one is trying to balance school and other obligations at the same time. It is a place to learn communication skills and what it means to work as and in a group. I loved all of my co-workers there and would recommend the company. Although there are stressful moments, everyone has to remember that every job environment is going to have stressful moments.
Pros
Co-workers are great; you get to deal with cloths all day; nice people there to support you always.
Cons
smart sets are tedious and challenging at times.
nice work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 3, 2017
Easy going co-workers. The amount of work keeps you occupied, but is necessary for the job. The job feels more like you are working with family, and close friends.
Very fast paced
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 1, 2017
A typical day is fast paced and full of analyzing traffic and work performance, The company is really trend forward and always looking to grow the brand.
Sales Stylist (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMay 31, 2017
I loved working here but quit to help out a family member in need. An average day would be helping put together outfits for our "smart" girl! I learned many new trees in fashion and I had fun while doing it. My store manager was amazing and always helped me whenever possible.
Pros
You put together outfits, decent pay
Cons
operating systems were dated
fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Daphne, ALMay 30, 2017
Great place to work with amazing people amazing work place, Great discount and great place to grow as an individual . I love working for this company
Pros
great employee discount
Cons
if you dont work a 8 hour shift you dont get a break
no comment
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Pelham Manor, NYMay 30, 2017
enjoyed my job and co workers. i did merchandising and visuals, payroll. Execute inventory controls, money replenishment and cash register. train and hire new employess

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dressbarn. Our community is ready to answer.