Dressbarn Employee Reviews in United States

Easy place to work
Assistant Store Leader (Former Employee) –  Randolph, MANovember 5, 2015
I worked for a year at Dress Barn before the location I was in closed and I was laid off. At the time, I was told there wasn't any management positions available, and I was given a severance package. Overall, my experience working here was good. I got along with my coworkers and I enjoyed working with different customers.
Very nice place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 4, 2015
Working at Dress Barn was for me a good opportunity to grow up. I started as an Assistant Manager and then I was promoted for first time to Store Manager of the store in the mall of The Americas.
Great experience managing all the administrations duties, human resources, sales, customer service, etc., etc.
The must enjoyable part of my job was working hard to achieve my store goals along with my team.
Pros
Mall with a lot of customers shopping every day
Cons
Long Hrs.
great workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXNovember 2, 2015
This was a very great experience for me.With retail i was always busy, stocking,pricing, cleaning, organizing. I learned alot about customer service here.
good company terrible management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LANovember 2, 2015
Dress barn is a good company. But the store manager in this location has her job only because of her husbands contacts. You can advance only if you are willing to waiting for decades. This store has gone thru SEVERAL assistant managers in the past year, and it is because of the store manager.
Pros
discount
Cons
upper management
Dress Barn Asspc.
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raynham, MANovember 1, 2015
caring for the customer needs on special orders, locate a product for the customer at a different store, Or any other store would call to see if we had a product. if we did would have to transfer the product. i would help with inventory and cash out and balance daily cash.
Pros
great satisfining the customer and management bebifits were great
Cons
long days through the holidays
was only there for seasonal help
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAOctober 29, 2015
The work place was much like a high school clique. There was immature drama and arguing behind everyone's back. I did not feel welcome or comfortable in this particular store. The company as a whole is well organized and trains new employees well. I like their training computer program they require. It was very educational and quick.
Pros
trained well, self explanatory, organized
Cons
gossip, employees don't stay, short term
Fun, learning job
Sales (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TXOctober 26, 2015
The boss was great, she cared and loved others very much. I loved working with all my coworkers. We always had a smile on our faces and always managed to have a clean tighty store. We all worked as a team, and always helped each other out.
My team is absolutely wonderful
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDOctober 26, 2015
The company pushes for Customer service as your first means of working with our customers but in fact customer service is not the how the Brand works.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Not true to the Brand
Fun and Inspiring workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 26, 2015
A place where you can grow mentally as a women. An inspiring workplace where women help women. Teaches you a lot when it comes to Marketing and Visuals for department stores.
Pros
flexible and kind
Cons
short hours
Inspire women to look and feel beautiful
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 25, 2015
Helping women find inspiring looks for their everyday life. Opening and closing the store and getting together a great team to follow our goal of helping women.
its alright
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mercedes, TXOctober 23, 2015
the work place is alright and the pay is good but som things about it dont suit well and the work hours are becoming a lil more difficult to deal with
Great Environment for Growth!
Assistant Manager November (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDOctober 22, 2015
Dressbarn has given me the opportunity to go back to school, and kickstart my career with a promotion to Assistant Manager; now I am ready to lead my own store. Dressbarn is definitely a great company to work for if you are interested in learning about retail/fashion and becoming a leader.
Nice workplace with friendly staff
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CaOctober 22, 2015
The Roseville, Ca store is a great environment, we get along really well and that allows the workplace to run smoothly. They are flexible and willing to work with school/other life schedules.
Fun supportive environment
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Terrell, Tx and Lakewood, WaOctober 19, 2015
A typical work day would include processing freight, keeping the store clean, helping customers find the right items in the right sizes.
Pros
very supportive, fun environment
Cons
not enough hours, pay grade a little low
Compensation/Benefits were Good
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAOctober 18, 2015
Sales goals and having to make goals to get customer to open credit card accounts made job too stressful. Dressbarn made staff push consumers to make purchases.
Productive and Fun loving
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  WashingtonOctober 17, 2015
The people I worked for where always smiling and happy. I loved the job because of the people I worked for as well as the smiles on the faces of the customers when I was done with them.
Co-workers tended to cat fight a lot with each other in the first couple of months I worked at Dressbarn. I was always afraid I would turn around and my job would be lost or I would be fired due to what my co-workers said or did behind my back.
For example One time I was sick in the beginning of my working at Dressbarn. My co-worker claimed to my boss that I had gotten drunk the night before and called in sick. My boss believed her and I nearly lost my job for it.
But after all of that I was eventually transferred to another store where life was much more awesome at Dressbarn. So I guess it really depends on the place. Since I left my friends who still work at Dressbarn have said that management is much better now and things are easier going. I am even contemplating returning to Dressbarn as an employee.
Pros
Clothes where less expensive
Cons
Co-workers
Competitive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 17, 2015
Management pushed the selling of credit cards which is something that is not necessary for part time employees. unwilling to work around my schedule of events that were more important that my job.
Enjoyed working there sometime
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYOctober 17, 2015
The store manager was not helpful and was very hard to approach. I left the store because of this unprofessional manager. My co-workers were also not helpful and kind to customers. They didn't seem interested in helping them.
Pros
Dealing with customers was great
Cons
Very difficult manager and co-workers
Busy, Fast Paced Work Enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Piaget Ave. Clifton,NJOctober 15, 2015
Typical day at Dressbarn it would be slow during the week, but the weekends were busy. I learned that they always put the customer first. Management was horrible, I was the youngest there, they had a problem with everything I did. They never acknowledged me for anything. I would always bring in big sales. Co-Worker were sweet older women. Hardest part of the job is working with a difficult customer. Most enjoyable part of the job is that they would have promotions for Breast Cancer Awareness, etc.
Pros
Busy Weekends
Cons
Bad Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXOctober 1, 2015
Working with Dressbarn taught me about the retail industry, to be flexible with work hours, to be open to new experiences each day, and to be patient under stressful situations.