dressbarn

dressbarn Employer Reviews

I enjoyed working at Dress Barn
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJuly 9, 2014
I liked working hands on with customers,helping them find outfits for various occasions. I also enjoyed my management duties.
Great job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: an amazing experience
Cons: no advancement in position
This job taught me a lot, unfortunately there was no chance for advancement beyond my position.
Inspiring company to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Estero, FLJuly 8, 2014
The history and culture behind this company is something that started with the founder Mrs. Jaffe. With the simple mission of "making women look and feel beautiful" every day I knew I was going to make a difference. Day after day, there is one great experience after another that makes everything you do during the day, whether it is shipment, changing visual standards or simple daily operations worthwhile. The team is committed to helping women feel beautiful and are constantly wanting to learn the best fits for different body types as well as styles. The hardest part is when as hard as you try, you are unable to find that perfect item to make her feel beautiful. You still try to make it a great and memorable experience for her though. The best is when you find that perfect dress that she feels great in and the memories that will come with wearing that dress- whether it is a wedding or some other special occasion.
Pretty good place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Bristol, CTJuly 5, 2014
Pros: wonderful coworkers
Cons: hours and pay
The company itself is going in a really great direction. For someone who wants a normal kind of life ( i.e. a monday - friday 9-5 ) retail is not for you.
It's Retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Township of Howell, NJJune 25, 2014
A typical day is cash handling, customer service, cleaning the store, my assistant managers are great but the store manager isn't that great. My co-workers are really great we all make a great team. The hardest part of my job is that I am not paid enough and I don't get treated very well.
Great environment to work in
Part-Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, KYJune 23, 2014
In my position at Dressbarn I have grown so much and have learned so much. This is a great place to work and allows you to meet so many wonderful people including co-workers.
working at dressbarn is based on how you make it
Cashier Sales Associate (Current Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDJune 12, 2014
I've been in the retail industry for 5 years, and working at Dressbarn for 5 years have shown me how to deal with customers and different personalities. Usually Dressbarn is a calm and un active place. but for me I have to make my job at Dressbarn fun by having a positive attitude and finding something interesting to talk about to my co-workers but also the customers. For example if im helping the customer with an outfit i will bring up topics about style by showing them Dress-barn catalogs or other magazines to bring up more interest of what the customer want to wear. The hardest part of the job is to get customers to open up dressbarn credit cards. This task is very hard to do because this is dealing with people's credit and most customers are trying to improve their credit. But regardless i still manage to get customers to open a Dressbarn credit card. however the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and working with older people. You'll learn alot from working with older people like their personal experiences or dealing with work.
Loved the music.
Sales and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 9, 2014
Pros: got tickets to all operas as a perk.
Cons: not enough hours.
They were very special people. The music was wonderful. In position I was in charge of metering the mail and seeing that it got to the post office in a timely manner. I also was the relief receptionist.
prductive and fun workplace
SENIOR SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Fort Washington, MDJune 9, 2014
Pros: discount on merchandise
Cons: not working 40 hours a week
I like working with the public, I love clothes and doing shipments. the girls were fun to work with I liked my hours.
Fun workplace, great products and benefits
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Castle Rock, COJune 5, 2014
Pros: great products
Cons: work weekends
Great company and benefits. Fun place to work and shop. Wonderful products and great environment.
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Thrownwood,NYJune 5, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: break
helping costumers, work with different people ,the hardest job is when a costumer wants something desperately and we don't have it in the store
Company treats its people well
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Anonymous, NJJune 2, 2014
Pros: pleasant work environment and good employee discounts
Cons: pay wasn't great
Overall really nice group of women I worked with and for. The hours weren't very good though. Unfair scheduling practices. The pay should have been better considering expectations. Truly challenging to accomplish the myriad number of things that had to be accomplished daily.
work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), savannhMay 25, 2014
Iy was an ok job. the people were nice most of the time. i loved my managers and co-worker. we were always laughing
High paced sales
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), jonesboro, arkansasMay 25, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Cons: no room for advancement
I work one on one with customers to improve sales, which I love. There is limited room for advancement but I love this company.
fun working with the customers
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newport, RIMay 23, 2014
Pros: the feeling when a customer is happy with the collection you chose for her.
Cons: no fulltime positions.
I enjoyed helping customers put together a new style for themselves or to put together a new wardrobe or pick out a dress or outfit for a special occasion. I would also put together styles on mannequins when new shipments would come in.
Good and Bad
Associate (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMay 23, 2014
I was promised the Assistant manager position when I first started there... about a month later I was told I cannot be A.M. because I was "too young". Reverse Ageism.

The most enjoyable part was working with the customers, and the discount of of clothes. 40% off of full price, 20% off of clearance items.
Fun Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Parma, OHMay 15, 2014
Pros: the discounts and the people i worked with.
A typical day would be helping customers select clothing and putting outfits together for them for interviews, wedding or that something special they had or just everyday clothes. Management worked as an equal team member and always willing to help. Co workers were one of the best I 've worked with willing to help and team up selecting outfits. There was nothing hard about this job and the most enjoyable part of the job coming into work and having fun selecting clothes with the customers
newly remodeled store, busy, full of energy and excitement
Manager (Current Employee), Turlock, CAMay 14, 2014
Pros: busy, never a dull moment, nice clothing, great discount
Cons: never caught up
• Assist Store Leader in sales generation
• Ability to increase business through recruiting and developing store associates
• Provide exceptional Customer Service
• Demonstrate strong organization skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Foster open dialogue and create a respectful work environment
• Work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays is required

There is no typical day which is why flexibility is Key - there are procedures for opening and closing and beyond that the flow of traffic dictates the immediate needs. We provide a superior customer experience first but also merchandise on a daily basis.

We have developed a team that is eager to learn and expand their abilities using our inside training tools and guidance from store managers. We are all held accountable for all aspects of store from selling - to merchandising.

The hardest part of the job is having a list of tasks that never get finishing.

The most enjoyable is developing relationships with the customer and acting as a "personal shopper" which is rare in most corporate retail environments.
good work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), South Bend, INMay 5, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: no benefits for part-time
I loved working with the customers it was like a shopping day with friends helping them find what they were looking for and helping them feel good. management was awesome and fair, my coworkers were great and helpful. hardest part of the job was not being able to find a specific thing the customers wanted because we either didn't have it or the size needed.
Great team environment and Good management development
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Noblesville, INMay 4, 2014
Pros: employee discounts, flexible schedule
Cons: lack of full benefits
Dress Barn provides a great place to work as well as opportunities for expanded development of customer service and management skills. It facilitates a wonderful team environment and encourages creativity and individual participation. The hours are somewhat flexible, however during peak seasons may be very demanding. Each day I interact and assist customers in purchasing apparel that makes allows them to feel confident and beautiful. That is the best part of my job. Dealing with the every once in awhile situation where I'm am not able to satisfy a disgruntled customer is the worst part of my job.

About dressbarn

Ascena Retail Group (formerly Dress Barn, Inc.) has left the farm for greener -- but not leaner -- retail pastures. The apparel – Read more

dressbarn Photos