Dressbarn Employee Reviews in United States

Fun and Inspiring workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 26, 2015
A place where you can grow mentally as a women. An inspiring workplace where women help women. Teaches you a lot when it comes to Marketing and Visuals for department stores.
Pros
flexible and kind
Cons
short hours
Fun supportive environment
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Terrell, Tx and Lakewood, WaOctober 19, 2015
A typical work day would include processing freight, keeping the store clean, helping customers find the right items in the right sizes.
Pros
very supportive, fun environment
Cons
not enough hours, pay grade a little low
great ladies and great clothes
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Darien, GANovember 17, 2015
Great atmosphere, great co workers, we truly did work as a team. The company is a good company to work for. They pushed me to be more than I thought I was capable of being.
Great place to work - opporunity for growth
Assistant Manager (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDJuly 24, 2015
A typical day at work is assisting customers with their clothing selection. Customer service is our objective. To help make the customer feel and look beautiful. So providing excellent customer service is a must. As a part time manager I must perform other duties as well. I enjoy changning the floor and displays. It's a great place to work.
Pros
The clothes and employee discounts
Cons
Not enough hours given at times due to the season/business
family company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 24, 2015
good family ran business that has general care for their employees helping them grow and gain personal skills for bettering oneself in the career path they choose.
Productive and Fun loving
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  WashingtonOctober 17, 2015
The people I worked for where always smiling and happy. I loved the job because of the people I worked for as well as the smiles on the faces of the customers when I was done with them.
Co-workers tended to cat fight a lot with each other in the first couple of months I worked at Dressbarn. I was always afraid I would turn around and my job would be lost or I would be fired due to what my co-workers said or did behind my back.
For example One time I was sick in the beginning of my working at Dressbarn. My co-worker claimed to my boss that I had gotten drunk the night before and called in sick. My boss believed her and I nearly lost my job for it.
But after all of that I was eventually transferred to another store where life was much more awesome at Dressbarn. So I guess it really depends on the place. Since I left my friends who still work at Dressbarn have said that management is much better now and things are easier going. I am even contemplating returning to Dressbarn as an employee.
Pros
Clothes where less expensive
Cons
Co-workers
Great place to be
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PANovember 12, 2015
I loved working here the only down side was the manager was very rude & only cared if things benefited her. I loved helping women feel beautiful.
Pros
Helping women self esteem
Cons
Manager
Nice workplace with friendly staff
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CaOctober 22, 2015
The Roseville, Ca store is a great environment, we get along really well and that allows the workplace to run smoothly. They are flexible and willing to work with school/other life schedules.
My team is absolutely wonderful
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDOctober 26, 2015
The company pushes for Customer service as your first means of working with our customers but in fact customer service is not the how the Brand works.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Not true to the Brand
Really didn't like this job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDSeptember 3, 2015
I didn't like this job because they would make me do all the hard work while they stood there and talked. They would make me do things like wax the clothes racks and organize clothes by length, just to keep busy.
Pros
Got to meet a lot of ice people
Cons
They made me work harder than them
Big store, lots to do
Asst Mgr. (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, IASeptember 24, 2015
Workplace is upbeat, most days. There is a lot to do here, ALWAYS!
It is close to home and I have made many friends and have started many new relationships. Hard at times to get that work/life balance.
Pros
Great benefits, close to home
Cons
Too many floor changes
Inspire women to look and feel beautiful
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 25, 2015
Helping women find inspiring looks for their everyday life. Opening and closing the store and getting together a great team to follow our goal of helping women.
productive fun working environment with great people
Sales Associate /Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GAJuly 11, 2015
a typical day at work for me is coming in taking care of customers making sure their needs and wants are being met. I learned to do everything the dress barn way which is very different from my other retail job. management and co workers are awesome every one gets along perfect. the greatest part of my job was learning to do things the dress barn way. the most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know great people every day and knowing that I am satisfying their needs and wants.
Pros
getting to know great people everyday, learning new things, overall great team work
Cons
not willing to work with my school schedule
Competitive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 17, 2015
Management pushed the selling of credit cards which is something that is not necessary for part time employees. unwilling to work around my schedule of events that were more important that my job.
good
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterford, CTNovember 16, 2015
I am every thing everyday from customer service to HR. I do it all everyday. I work with great people, I have a great team. I just would like to find a career in my degree.
dressbarn is awesome
Top Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 1, 2015
Amazing place to work, the people, the company and the opportunities are all there. Work hard, show initiative and someone WILL notice, not can be said for all companies. You usually work in a small group of women so it's a pretty intimate setting of people who will do almost anything for each other.
Pros
amazing benefits for full time, they strive to make you the best person you can be, awesome work life balance, there are advances if you work hard ask questions and are willing to relocate sometimes
Cons
can be boring on slow season
Fun, Fast-Paced
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 4, 2015
I love the Dressbarn family. This job is home away from home. I love the customers and, of course, the clothes! The best part from working there is making women feel beautiful and worthy in her on body.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Low pay, small chance of advancement.
Compensation/Benefits were Good
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAOctober 18, 2015
Sales goals and having to make goals to get customer to open credit card accounts made job too stressful. Dressbarn made staff push consumers to make purchases.
not a fun company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  hickory ncNovember 11, 2015
sales visual day to day operations working with the customers Banking Placing new product training Getting to know my customers
great workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXNovember 2, 2015
This was a very great experience for me.With retail i was always busy, stocking,pricing, cleaning, organizing. I learned alot about customer service here.