Drew University Employee Reviews

sad and harmful
Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJFebruary 23, 2017
Complete lack of financial oversight, managerial competence, HR department, procedural documentation or training. Employees are miserable, devastatingly underpaid even after many years, all looking for a way out. No raises for several years followed by university-wide 2% increase. Financial insolvency, risk-management red flags, constant turnover, and under-served students all ignored by desperate leadership. Hands down the worst place I have ever worked. Don't even waste your time or your skills here.
Terrible place to work
Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJSeptember 19, 2016
From my time there I saw many people talk behind others backs, and even heard people talk about me when they thought I couldn't hear. I had people lie both to my face and about me to others. Some people dress professionally others show up in sweats and show up late with no accountability.

Management is not connected to the workforce AT ALL. They constantly make terrible choices and act without knowing the full situation.

I wish I had more good to say, I really wanted to like working at Drew but unfortunately that just is not possible. Do yourself a favor and apply somewhere else you will be much happier.
Pros
campus is pretty
Cons
Middle school girl "gossip, backstabbing, passive aggressive" atmosphere. Management is clueless.
Very Intellectual Place
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJMarch 3, 2017
A great place but limited opportunities.
Currently hiring STEM professors.

A small private liberal arts college, with excellent student crowd. Currently undergoing administrative changes so an interesting growth environment.
Great Experience
Student Employee (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJOctober 17, 2016
Great people and work environment, and a very flexible schedule. Really enjoy working in this department and learning from this job.
Don't do it!
Gatehouse Monitor/ Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJOctober 18, 2013
This jobs pays 10.50 an hour. The hours are from 7pm-7am. You will be called in on your days off and expected to come in . It is a night position and you will work 12hr shifts.

It is an extremely hostile environment. The dept. and everyone there are miserable. Poor leadership, lack of communication, and lack of appreciation. Everyone is against one another, there is nothing positive to say.

2 dispatchers quit on the same day. This dept. cannot keep people because of the poor treatment, poor salary, and poor leadership.
Pros
Free tuition after 6mths.
Cons
No room for professional career growth.
Disappointing
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Administrative OfficesJanuary 8, 2016
My experience with the higher administration was disappointing. No matter how hard you worked or how much time you put in it was not good enough! God forbid you make any kind of error with your work cause there are no second chances, they just make up excuses and let you go!!

Worst experience in my 20 plus years of working with administration, really poor leadership!!
Benefits
Cons
Leadership
a productive and positive workplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 16, 2013
a typical work day consisted of checking on cell cultures and reculturing over grown cells. I learned how to count and divide cell cultures. Management was okay. My co-workers were easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was running chromium assays. The most enjoyable part of the job was publishing articles in
the latest journals.
Pros
I learned a lot about the scientific community
Cons
You could lose grant coverage very easy
Serious enviornment, straightforward responsibilities
Library Staff (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJApril 12, 2016
I like this job, I am good at it, but it does happen that I go of book with my duties. I have had to provide muscle in lifting things, dealing with disorderly patrons, and I have even had to put out fires outside the library (there is a good story behind that).
Watching the change in people
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJDecember 15, 2015
Working with the young adult is rewarding.
See them mature and become part of the worlds work force.
Not a big fan of the slow changes made to the staff workers.
Pros
Great benifites
Cons
No room for advancement
Wonderful place to work
Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJNovember 11, 2013
I loved working at Drew University. Management was the best I ever encountered and my coworkers were great. I enjoyed dealing with the students, professors and parents. I enjoyed everything about the job. I was sorry that I got laid off.
Pros
Interaction with students, staff, parents
Cons
salary

Want to know more about Drew University?

Ask a question
Great practice for time management
Graduate Assistant Coach of the Men's NCAA (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJNovember 19, 2013
I am currently the Graduate Assistant Coach for Drew Unversity's Men's Lacrosse team while I am in the masters for education program. I am responsible for aiding in the making of the team's workout plans, practice plance, an recruitment. I am also employed as the Assistant Facilities Manager. I balance my job as a coach and full-time student with this facilities job in order to earn extra money. I am responsible for prepping all the teams' uniforms and practice gear. I also host visiting teams when they visit the university.
Pros
time management practice, multi-tasking practice, working with many different kinds of people
Cons
little to no free time, not paid for the coaching job
Drew
Boiler operator/Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJDecember 9, 2015
Scroll through building management system check for alarms, Check Chemical levels in boilers,Check water levels and safeties on boilers,Make rounds to all building,repair any boiler or pumps
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Large area to cover
Productive place and grow opportunity
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJApril 1, 2016
Excellent place to work and learning community. I started on 2014 and I developed my professional skills and communication.
is this necessary?
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJMarch 13, 2016
Is this necessary because it doesn't sound like it has anything to do with applying to internships or other things that I am applying to
Fun work place for beginners
T​.O.E. Associate/cashier (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJOctober 9, 2015
It was the best way to work within my introverted ways and build up confidence to be more extroverted. Meeting new friends and professors in a more casual setting help clear up a lot of anxiety living in a new place.
Pros
Free lunch, tips
Cons
Short breaks
Learned to communicated with school Adminstrators and help students how to manage future debt
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, New JerseyFebruary 24, 2012
The university allowed its former students to work in the school. The school provided me with great work experience and I learned how to become a confident professional in a brand new field that I had little to no experience in.
Pros
a structured job with much to do
Cons
no ability to move up in the school
Usefull skills gained, in addition to the academic knowledge
Ambassador/ Helpdesk Specialist/ Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJAugust 20, 2015
Managed to not gain academic knowledge from attended classes, but also apply this knowledge to real-world application such as the Drew Investment Fund and the Wall Street Semester.
Asst Coach
Assistant Hockey Coach (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJDecember 15, 2014
Coached Field Hockey for past two years

I played for the US National tam and this was an opportunity to give back some of the knowledge i acquired as a layer to young players.

Drew had one of their best winning seasons one player was leading goal scorer for the country breaking the records for the school
Best 4 years of my life
Simon Forum Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJJune 25, 2013
I truly enjoy Drew University. It will always be home to me. I had about 5 different jobs in campus throughout my years at Drew. I have learned the value of hard work and dedication to be able to succeed in a real workplace. It was a great way to start learning about the workplace, before i graduated.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Gym Attendant (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJAugust 1, 2014
• Maintained a clean and efficient work environment while ensuring proper use of physical fitness equipment.
• Interacted with all members of the Drew community
• Enabled me to polish my inter-personal skills
• Assisted club members with their fitness needs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Drew University. Our community is ready to answer.

Drew University Reviews by Location