Drew University

Drew University Employer Reviews

Great practice for time management
Graduate Assistant Coach of the Men's NCAA (Current Employee), Madison, NJNovember 19, 2013
Pros: time management practice, multi-tasking practice, working with many different kinds of people
Cons: little to no free time, not paid for the coaching job
I am currently the Graduate Assistant Coach for Drew Unversity's Men's Lacrosse team while I am in the masters for education program. I am responsible for aiding in the making of the team's workout plans, practice plance, an recruitment. I am also employed as the Assistant Facilities Manager. I balance my job as a coach and full-time student with this – more... facilities job in order to earn extra money. I am responsible for prepping all the teams' uniforms and practice gear. I also host visiting teams when they visit the university. – less
Wonderful place to work
Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee), Madison, NJNovember 11, 2013
Pros: interaction with students, staff, parents
Cons: salary
I loved working at Drew University. Management was the best I ever encountered and my coworkers were great. I enjoyed dealing with the students, professors and parents. I enjoyed everything about the job. I was sorry that I got laid off.
Amazing place to work
Lab technician (Former Employee), Madison, NJOctober 30, 2013
Friendly environment, well payed would work there again if I could.
DON'T DO IT!
Gatehouse Monitor/ Dispatcher (Former Employee), Madison, NJOctober 18, 2013
Pros: free tuition after 6mths.
Cons: no room for professional career growth.
This jobs pays 10.50 an hour. The hours are from 7pm-7am. You will be called in on your days off and expected to come in . It is a night position and you will work 12hr shifts.

It is an extremely hostile environment. The dept. and everyone there are miserable. Poor leadership, lack of communication, and lack of appreciation. Everyone is against one – more... another, there is nothing positive to say.

2 dispatchers quit on the same day. This dept. cannot keep people because of the poor treatment, poor salary, and poor leadership. – less
a productive and positive workplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 16, 2013
Pros: i learned a lot about the scientific community
Cons: you could lose grant coverage very easy
a typical work day consisted of checking on cell cultures and reculturing over grown cells. I learned how to count and divide cell cultures. Management was okay. My co-workers were easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was running chromium assays. The most enjoyable part of the job was publishing articles in
the latest journals.
Best 4 years of my life
Simon Forum Manager (Former Employee), Madison, NJJune 25, 2013
I truly enjoy Drew University. It will always be home to me. I had about 5 different jobs in campus throughout my years at Drew. I have learned the value of hard work and dedication to be able to succeed in a real workplace. It was a great way to start learning about the workplace, before i graduated.
Learned to communicated with school Adminstrators and help students how to manage future debt
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, New JerseyFebruary 24, 2012
Pros: a structured job with much to do
Cons: no ability to move up in the school
The university allowed its former students to work in the school. The school provided me with great work experience and I learned how to become a confident professional in a brand new field that I had little to no experience in.
Small school with plenty to do.
Staff Manager (Former Employee), Madison, NJOctober 20, 2011
Drew University is a small liberal arts college in Madison, NJ and one of the top theatre schools in the country. There are a number of positions within plenty of departments offering employment throughout the year.