Drexel University Employee Reviews

Cares about the community
Professional Staff (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 3, 2016
Great institution to work for! Great benefits. Tuition reimbursement. Opportunities to network with other staff and faculty via special interests.
Changing and Fast Pace
Administrative Coordinator, Dean of Students (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 20, 2016
Drexel University is a fast paced placed to work and everyday presented a new challenge for one to grow, expand and mature professionally.
Dont waste your time
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 12, 2016
I went on two interviews with the drexel dispatch and they never called they have a high turn over ratio i see this job posted all the time and there is a reason for it
Pros
Waste of time
Senior MA
Senior Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 28, 2015
A typical day for me at work as a Senior Medical Assistant is that I make sure patient flow is moving accordingly. On top of that I also assist the medical assistants that I oversee with anything that they need. I make sure laboratory supplies are in stock, vaccines, and daily supplies are in the office. I am also the coordinator for the vaccine for program. Not only do I oversee the clinical side but I am also the lead phlebotomist. I handle lab errors, and also billing issues. I am also the go to person for anything on clinical side.
I am a HUGE Drexel University Fan.
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 16, 2015
A typical day at Drexel is working in a fast pace environment where there are objectives or goals. I have learned most of my technical knowledge at Drexel University. Management is usually supportive of their employees. There are always allenges but I believe in communication and working with in the system. Co workers are usually pleasant and there is a family type of environment. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the 10 weeks terms. Drexel is really unique that all terms are not your traditional 16 week term. The best part about Drexel is knowing you are about something and something positive because you do affect students trying to get their degree.
Pros
Job Security, Solid place to work
Cons
Pay is not on par with most caparable positions
This was a short internship.
Office Assistant Internship (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 29, 2015
I was not there long enough to give a fair review. It was, however, a very pleasant atmosphere and the people were pleasant.
Graduate Student
Research Assistant/Teaching Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 29, 2015
I was a graduate student at Drexel University. The university takes care of their own. Teaching was incorporated into the research schedule by default.
great people to work with
Adjunct Clinical Faculty (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2015
Drexel College of Nursing is a great place to work. The other faculty members are fantastic coworkers and easy people to get along with.
Great place to work and grow professionally
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 22, 2015
Great place to work and grow professionally. Networking opportunity and continuing education options. Professional development highly promoted to ensure the college process and services and programs are up-to-date.
Pros
Room for professional growth
Cons
large college can get loss in the process
Costume Collection is wonderful.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 5, 2015
It was a very nice experience woking in the Drexel Historic Costume Collection. There were thousands of amazing garments to look at. And Clare is the BEST!
Nice Place to Work
Executive Administrator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 3, 2015
I enjoyed working for Drexel University, the benefits are great and they have a lot happening on the academic side of the University. I have no doubt that Drexel will become a top place to work and go to school.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Could use some management improvements.
Restructuring with many changes taking place
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 28, 2015
I have learned a lot while here, but it is time to move forward and on to new things. I am not confident in the direction the University is currently moving, also.
Pros
Free Tuition for you, spouse, and children
Cons
Too much restructuring presently
Nice school and nice professor
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 17, 2015
It is a nice place to work. Professors are friendly.

My work is to filter and analysis large amount of data. My professor would explain me the work step by step.
Great Company
Lead Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 1, 2015
I learned a lot. However, I am looking for other positions. I have been at Drexel for almost four years and I truly believe it is time for me to start a new journey.
productive environment wiwth a great managenent staff
Trades Manager, Facilities and Housing Department (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 22, 2015
My responsibilities engulfed emergency services and building and maintenance repairs. There was a need to facilitate vendor services and project management coordination.
Pros
only manager on entire campus and responsilble for operations of university
Cons
not enough interaction with other operating manager
Great company
Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, USAJune 9, 2015
Great company to work for, nice University with very pleasant staff.

Had a great time to work there. Low salaries though
Excellent
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Phhiladelphia, PennsylvaniaJune 3, 2015
I liked studying and working in Drexel University. It has great faculty and it provided me with the opportunity to build a good teaching experience.
Very hard labor
Vice President/Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  philadelphia,PaJune 3, 2015
Job was fun, but strenuous.
I don't get any vacation time
No sick days
I loved taking care of each of my patients.
I liked making sure they had what they needed.
I wanted to make the patients feel as independent as possible.
Great campus and great people to work with
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2015
I loved working at Drexel University. The people were great to work with, my job was very exciting, everyday there was a different challenge and I learned a lot of new things.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
no permanent positions there
good place to work great people.
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 2, 2015
nice people great work place good staff manager is great area of the job is cool make great food nice college been there for a few great years very unique