Drexel University

Drexel University Employer Reviews

Simple work, occasionally busy
Resident Life Office - Student Staff (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: good management, good free time, occasional free time
Cons: fire drills are a hassle, poor resident handwriting
A general shift generally involved scanning any number of resident's IDs and admitting them into the building, and taking the IDs of guest of residents. Records of overnight guests would be transferred over by hand, and occasionally phone calls would be taken for questions. Management was always nearby and easy to talk to, and co-workers were usually a phone call away. The most difficult part of the job was when the fire alarms would go off and everyone in the building would have to clear out. To be honest it was more of a hassle than anything difficult. By contrast, the best parts of the job were the early morning and late night shifts where traffic was at its minimum, leaving plenty of time to just relax.
Great internship opportunity
Marketing & Public Relations Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 14, 2015
At Drexel, I worked in the College or Engineering. A normal day would consist of writing content of the website and our newsletter, maintaining social media presence, creating design graphics and collaborating with the rest of the marketing team to create new strategies to reach students and alumni.

My team was great. My supervisors were very friendly and helpful. The office in general was very welcoming and supportive.
Fascinating summer research program for high school students
Spinal Cord Paralysis Elimination (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 5, 2015
Superb summer program introducing high school students to structured, academic research.
Excellent work experience.
Telecomunicator/Dispatcher (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 26, 2014
Great people to work with. Worked at Drexel for about 7 years. Great benefits and lots of departments to work for/ with.
Excellent Place to Work and Build Relationships
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 10, 2014
Pros: great tuition remission, good health benefits, good job security, room for growth
Cons: low salary and increases
Drexel University is an excellent and enjoyable place to work. There are many opportunities available to grow and develop personal and professional skill sets. Strong relationships are built with colleague and students leaving a sense of accomplishment.
Urban University with Leadership
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, DUCA (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 7, 2014
Drexel is a wonderful place to work. Home and life balance is respected and is exemplified by the top leadership.
A good place to go to
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 4, 2014
The professors are excellent. The pay as a research/teaching assistant is decent.
Very good!
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 30, 2014
The pay is good, and the job is not so hard, but you have to be very patient.
Innovative place to work
Coordinator (Current Employee), philadelphia, paOctober 13, 2014
Pros: free education, working in the city
Cons: working in the city
The work is rewarding, but the pay is not; free education and nice company match 401k, but philly wage tax sucks and overall raises/promotions (merit included) are disappointing.
Equipment Management (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 3, 2014
Pros: study time
Cons: boring
Good chance to meet other student in the same field and time to study for classes
Front Desk Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 23, 2014
Patient registration insurance verification, explain in or out of network benefits, scheduled appointments, and billing.
Computer and relevant technology literacy: Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet
Answered and initiated calls, took and reported messages in a timely accurate fashion and received visitors and directed them wherever required.
Maintained front-desk areas clean, spacious, and presentable
Managed photocopying and scanning tasks
Awesome Job
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 22, 2014
I really appreciate this job which brings me a lot of chances to practise my communication skills. And I enjoy sharing what I know to people who are beginner to computer programming. My coworkers are great. They like helping people and also helping me to adapt life in Drexel, most of them are my friends now. I am also able to build good relationship with professors.
Productive work place
Custodian (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: management did not consider problems that employees had
Working at Drexel University as a custodian allowed me to make employees happy.
Work study job
Peer Counselor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 27, 2014
Helped with administrative tasks as needed; minimal supervision
Best University
Student and Board Member (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 5, 2014
Drexel University is the best.

For more info, visit drexel.edu
Productive workplace
Research Associate (Current Employee), Drexel Olson LaborartoryAugust 5, 2014
Good place to learn new technology and implement. Gained extensive research through practical experience and literature review
Productive workspace in an otherwise chaotic environment
Engineering Learning Community Tutor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 1, 2014
A typical day of tutoring includes helping a select few students who make an effort to improve their understanding of the school material. Students are encouraged, but not forced to, attend. As the tutoring is done in a dormitory common room area, difficulties may arise when other students who are not seeking tutoring help disturb the study session. Even with the distractions, the students generally understand the material better after seeing us. Additional meetings can also be done in areas more conducive to studying, such as the university library.
Good
Adjunct (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 28, 2014
I taught as an adjunct in the field of chemistry. I taught in both inorganic and organic chemistry.
Wonderful place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 23, 2014
My job is just a temporary position, but it is lovely. The co-workers are great, and every day in the office is very different. We always manage to find some fun in the craziness!
Great experience with Co-op program, students, professors, and senior design
Senior Design Project (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: funding $1500 for the project
- Research information for senior design every week
- Learn knowledge about Thermo-acoustic Refrigerator and mechanical phase shifting
- Professors and staffs are very nice and helpful
- My teammates are very dedicated and smart
- The hardest part is to transfer from method into reality
- The most enjoyable part is to run the refrigerator and cool down the temperature close to 150K

1 2 3 4 5