Drexel University Employee Reviews

Great place to work. Friendly environment. No two days the same.
Enrollment Management Operations (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 26, 2016
Drexel was a productive workplace. New technology or systems were constantly introduced in their efforts to go paperless and stay abreast on the latest Admissions database materials. No two weeks were quite the same. We learned new database systems or tweaked old systems seemingly every year. Occasional salary/hiring freezes. Flexible work hours (especially in the summer). Good place to work.
Pros
Flexible work hours/Flex time
Cons
Occasional Salary freezes
Busy work place
Manager of Purchasing Card and Compliance (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 29, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the faculty and staff. I met some very nice faculty and staff while working at the University and have built some lasting friendships.
Pros
Benefits were excellant
Cons
Very political
Company that offers tuition remission
Billing Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 19, 2016
Fast paced organization that offers tuition remission for furthering your education.

Rewards are that of helping people

Good employees that work hard

Most enjoyable is helping people get well
Benefits
Room for improvement
Great opportunity to change lives
Student (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 26, 2017
The Anogian refugee center is a small center that takes in young male refugees up to 18 years of age. The center provides food, shelter, employment, and even legal counsel to the young men who often have come from impoverished or violence torn areas in the middle east. Being able to assist these young men who have lost so much makes you appreciate what you have and helps you to understand a little of what people from around the world are going through on a daily basis. The interpreter and the resident Psychologist are exceptionally kind and hard working individuals.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Unpaid
Okay
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 21, 2016
I enjoyed working here for the most part. Benefits were good. Learned a lot while working here.Didn't require too many weekends, which was nice.
Pros
benefits, long lunch break, not required to work too many weekends
Cons
Management wasn't conected enough to how decisions were affecting the roles of lower level employees
General Job Description for Drexel University Job's
Equipment Manager (Current Employee) –  Recreation CenterApril 4, 2016
As a student, working part time or as a work-study have great benefits. Firstly, because Drexel U. is city campus there is a lot of interaction between students and community during the working hours. Secondly, atmosphere is great! Everyone is open to help no matter what you need, and thirdly, co-workers are always supportive and wants to help you to improve your current skills.
Excellent Academic Culture
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 9, 2017
Very supportive management and professors. The university has more of a "professional" culture, so students are by and large hard working and committed to achieving their academic goals.
Complex Management Style
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 3, 2017
As summary, an organization that is with constant evolution and minimum job security/career development opportunities. With an "at-will" employment structure very few details on structure and org. performance becomes available.
Fun workplace with lovely staff
Fieldwork Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 26, 2016
My position at Field Work Coordinator position Drexel University involved working closely with an undeserved population. I typically went to the behavioral disorder classroom twice a week for an average of 3-4 hours to observe the staff and students. I learned how to work alongside other research students and engage with other professional staff. My co-workers were the best part of my job as they were lively and posed challenging questions which offered me an opportunity to think outside of the box. The hardest part of the job was the commute to the public school to observe the classroom, but was also the most enjoyable as this is where I learned about in situ data collection. I enjoyed working at Drexel University and continue to do so in another department.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
long commute
Drexel University
Coor. of Team Services, Athletics Business Office (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 9, 2017
Day to day I work on all of the teams budget in terms of travel, recruiting, professional development and operations. I help them utilize their goals with their financial means. The culture is like a family and we all work very close together.
Productive and fun place to connect with other people from all over
Transfer credit evaluator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 10, 2017
As a transfer credit evaluator i had to create and evaluate transcripts for people trying to join Drexel University's Nursing Program. I also answered phone calls for people concerning why people did or did not get into the program.
Pros
Connection
Cons
I liked everything about this position
read aerobics
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 19, 2016
First and foremost I check my emails and screen calls. I set up my computer start work. I am working on the other side of medical billing and that is digging deeper into getting the company paid for service rendered. Each morning my co-workers and I take the time out to say good morning to one another, even on our bad days!!!

We are very helpful to one another and we take the time out to jump in when someone is struggling or may had to take a day off. The hardest part of my job is transitioning from old way to the new because sometimes you are so use to doing your job one way and then your supervisor come and change it, but this does not cause any difficulty or delay in my performance. I have a strong mind and I am willing to take on hard task and make it easy for me to do. Either way I enjoy new projects, because it keep me working and learning stabilities and grow opportunities. I am well aware the competition and it take strategic planning to run a business.

The most enjoyable part a job is a free work place. A place you come in and know what to do and not have to ask for work. A place everybody is working and not leaving all the work on the next shift, and lastly, a place where the air is fresh and clean.
Pros
bring in snacks
Cons
short term breaks
Most enjoyable atmosphere
Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 31, 2016
Drexel University College of Nursing and Health professions allowed me to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment. I have joined their operations department and created a HelpDesk department. Researching different systems for tickets and inventory, I was able to implement Spiceworks, which was received with open arms by my colleagues.
Has Pros and Cons
Research Student (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 28, 2017
Working at Drexel was great lab experience. Doing research there really opens up doors if you have a strong interest in staying in academia. I did run into delays in getting paid when it came to some projects, but overall it was a good experience.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
depending on your department, lab conditions could use some upkeep
Fast pace environment
Senior Assoc VP for Admin Op and Chief of Staff (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 30, 2017
Fast moving environment that adjusts to changes in the market

Work tasks change to adjust with demands

High accountability for results
Pros
Tuition Remission
Cons
Higher Education in this region is facing a period of declining numbers of high school graduates
Drexel University
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 1, 2017
The Office of Equality and Diversity (OED) is committed to promoting, supporting, and providing resources to sustain a living, learning, and working environment of diversity, equality, fairness, inclusion, and respect where all members of the University community are valued.
fun part time job
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 22, 2017
Its fun to meet new people and teach them. This is a part time opportunity available to qualified Drexel students. My work involves conducting labs, hold office hours and tutor and mentor undergrads. I teach C++ and other technologies as well.
Great position as a STAR Scholar
STAR Scholar (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 10, 2017
As a STAR student, you get enough autonomy to learn how to work for yourself, combined with guidance from your professor to learn and grow. It's great experience for someone looking to work in a lab or workshop
Fun environment in an Upper Classman Dorm
Residential Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 11, 2016
The only time it was busy was the end and beginning of the term. Students were moving in and out of their rooms. That's when we would check the condition the rooms were in and reorganize everything for new students coming in.
Pros
Fun, Exciting place to work
Cons
Low pay and benefits.
Drexel
Residential Desk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 30, 2016
Drexel is okay to work at. They can offer opportunities that you may have limited resources or none at all. They can be diverse at times but not as much as they try to promote to the public.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Drexel University. Our community is ready to answer.

77%