Drexel University Employee Reviews

Exceptional support for adjuncts
Adjunct Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 12, 2017
I've worked at two community colleges, one large public university, and one small for-profit college in addition to Drexel - the adjunct wages, resources, and staff support are undoubtedly the best here. Adjunct faculty have access to funds for conference travel and other professional development opportunities. We are also welcome and encouraged to teach a range of required courses and electives.
Great place to start out
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 8, 2017
Drexel is like most educational institutions in that they expect a lot and don't pay you as much as you could earn in the private sector. However, in return, you get a huge winter break off (between Christmas and New Year's) with the occasional day or two in addition. The health care is great, as well as the 403b options (12% when you only contribute 7% is amazing and unheard of elsewhere). Additionally, when I got really sick, I was able to take FMLA without issue. I had to turn in the paperwork and use up some of my sick time, but I have more sick time than I will ever use. If anyone wants to have a baby and get paid for it - just start working here at 22 and wait until 5+ years to have your baby. You will then have enough sick time to take off all 10 weeks with full pay!
All this and I didn't even mention the tuition remission. All undergraduate courses are free and the graduate courses are free as well for employees, but you have to pay taxes for grad.
So work here when you're young and get a second or third degree in order to further your career. Drexel is great!
Good environment to work in; both the faculty and students show each other respect.
Assistant Teaching Professor and Program Director (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 30, 2017
Drexel is a growing University and has a good working environment for teaching faculty. Teaching faculty are asked to work 12 months a year since Drexel uses a quarterly system for its course offerings. This can make it difficult to find time for vacations outside the normal academic calendar.
n/a
Certified Medical Assistant (Gastroenterology) (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 28, 2017
Poor Management low pay grade. I am A CCMA, Scheduler, check in, triage, check out, stock, manage schedules and it's all being done on a minimal salary.
Working as an Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  OnlineNovember 25, 2017
I taught adjunct classes in Educational Leadership to Graduate students. I taught a variety of courses and was given new courses to teach as well. Working at Drexel has been very rewarding and I am able to continue to teach.
An institution on the rise
Associate Vice President (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 20, 2017
Traditionally a commuter school that reinvented itself in part through a commitment to growing enrollment. Terrific coop program. Current president is a transcendental leader.
What I learned
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 13, 2017
Drexel School of Education was a fantastic place to learn and to pursue my PhD. The faculty were supportive and fair. They pushed me to do quality research and to excel in my field.
Drexel University
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 11, 2017
Drexel University has a fast-paced work environment. My department was OK to work in but I had repeated clashes with my supervisor over striking a work-life balance. The University does offer lifestyle counsel, but my supervisor routinely ignored this option.
Pros
Free food at department events
Cons
Some difficult people to work around
Chiefs vs. Indians
n/a (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 2, 2017
Have's vs. have not's:
VP and up vs. the rest.

Culture of intimidation and insecurity. No job is safe (unless you are in senior leadership). Plenty of good people working there, but senior leadership does not know it because they cannot see them stuck to the bottom of their shoes.
Pros
retirement plan, time off
Cons
pay, job security
stressful
Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 29, 2017
No vacation; work year round; no raises; work all of the time; no rewards; poor managment; in great debt; many layoffs; not friendly; culture and moral is poor
Collaborative place to work
Budget Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 24, 2017
Worked with a mix of colleagues, students, professors and administrative personnel so it was a very rewarding place to work. The school was going thru a transition in leadership at the time.
Engaging
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 23, 2017
Worked as a research assistance while completing Masters degree in Information Systems. Enriching experience and a workplace that valued growth. Plenty of learning opportunities.
Friendly Workplace
Adjunct-University Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 20, 2017
Excellent workplace culture; Professional environment; Team oriented; Professionally structured; Opportunity for advancement; Professional management.
Performance
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 18, 2017
To many people working there because they are related which makes it hard if you are their manager or supervisor when you have to discuss performance issues.
Benefits
Cons
Long working hours
Productive, low-stress environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 13, 2017
Drexel University is one of the best employers I've had the opportunity to work for. Management is fair, the work environment is productive and low-stress.
Fun and productive place to work.
Culinary Staff (Former Employee) –  101 Arch St.October 10, 2017
I loved working at Drexel! It is close to my home and I enjoyed getting there early for setuping up the dishwasher, checking the board to see what the other chefs needed to conduct their classes.. I also enjoyed being Sous Chef. It allowed me to work closely with the Execitive Chef. Stocking shelves and doing inventory of shelves and in coming foods. Workplace was fast paced because we had Staff lunch everyday. The hardest part of the job was going home. I LOVED my kitchen. And the most enjoyable part was watching the faces as they ate something good!
Pros
Having lunch and dinner!
Cons
Could not work more than 20 hours.
Great community of undergraduate students that thrive to help their peers in studies and career goals
Academic Peer Coach (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 8, 2017
Working hours were very flexible. Would meet up with students for about 30min depending on when they have scheduled themselves with me. I suggested techniques and discusses students study habits. The hardest part of the job was to encourage students and give them motivation as it takes time and sometimes I am unable to helped them emotionally but only strategically.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Good
Building Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 7, 2017
As a student, worked here for four years. great workplace, but now graduated and will definitely return to say hi to the numerous friends and co-workers I've made over the years!
ok
Project Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 3, 2017
variety of projects for higher-ed institution. Emphasis on procedure and purchasing. much time spent coordinating & administering the many documents required for each project.
Easy to find a grad job
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 14, 2017
I worked as a TA and research assistant at Drexel University, both of which were relatively easy for me to attain. If you're a grad student and need to get the tuition waived, you'll find no better way than to do one of these types of jobs. The only real problem is trying to balance the work with your thesis development, but that's really the only issue.
Pros
Easy to find a job
Cons
Won't be the best paying job you could get