DRIL-QUIP Employee Reviews

Get your experience and go!!
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2017
A typical day working at Dril-Quip was like high school. I worked in Quality Records, where the department is predominantly female workers that were very clickish, childish, easily intimidated and highly competitive. I worked there for 3 years and I saw about 35 people come and go. It was worst place I've every worked. The atmosphere boring and the leadership is old school. Management was horrible and lacked knowledge to lead and manage resources. Majority of the workers had poor work ethics, couldn't get to work on time or had tons of excuses for why they could not do their jobs. As result, the hard workers had to pick up the slack. Most of the tasks are so simple, a child could do them, but they make things so difficult. There is no valid training, all just here-say. The only training that was constant is safety training.

If you have good work ethics or standards, don't work here. If you do, get your knowledge and leave. Good luck!
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Short Lunch, Long Hours, No Training, Poor Management, Lacks Teamwork
Good place to learn and to put your skills to practice but after you gain the experience its better to move on
Shop Hand (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2017
Management does not take your thoughts into consideration. They provide lots of material to work with and saftey gear. Perfect fit for people new to the oil business but do not stay here too long take your new knowledge else where for higher pay and better conditions.
Pros
Guaranteed 40 hours week.
Cons
Short breaks, pay cuts, hour cuts, 30 min lunch break.
Productive but workload not equally shared
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 17, 2017
Old fashioned management style, company is very paranoid and restrictive for outside communication. Managers very competitive with one another and do not communicate well with each other, always a power struggle.
Pros
Pay and benefits are OK.
A learning experience in working as an Industrial nurse.
Industrial Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2017
Dril-Quip is a great place to work and learn what goes on behind this Great Company. A place that has employees from all ethnic background, working together to make their product the Best.
Employees are also trained to assist in medical emergencies.
As a nurse, I was impressed in their management expertise.
I learned how safety first in this company truly is of the utmost.
Daily reviews of new employees physical completion to be placed for work, to workmans comp.reports, and release to return to work,
all were part of a typical day at work .I liked working at
Dril-Quip.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Structured and laid out procedures.
Checker of structural skids (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 24, 2017
Your duties are laid out and structured as to what is required from you. There is no question and no waiting for your next project it is already scheduled for you.
Pros
structured.
Cons
I don't have any negatives.
High Intensity Work Environment
Quality Control, Inspection/M&TE Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2017
Dril-Quip is a company that has a unique working culture among the individuals that are part of the manufacturing team. On a average day you can encounter a large number of challenges to overcome.

The product line that is manufactured here is fantastic and the company is devoted to manufacturing quality equipment
Pros
Cons
inconsistant management
productive and a great learning experince
cnc turner (Former Employee) –  houston , texasFebruary 9, 2017
really enjoyed working here , great hour and good pay also the chance to work away from home was an experience , I learned a lot of new things at this company
Great Company to work for
That guy (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2017
Better company than most, you get your usual idiots that you have to work with but overall better than most. good pay, excellent bennifits.
Prepare for job as best as possible
Technical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Offhore (anywhere in the World)November 2, 2016
Morning Reports, Checking on operations, Checking equipment, Making sure everything is ready to go. Usually work by myself so time is used wisely. managment is always around to answer questions if something comes up that not in program of events. Planning for the unexpected and changing plans that can happen at any moment. have a successful job makes it all worth the work.

Everyone working at a common goal to get the job done right the first time, safely, and efficently.
Pros
Always Knowledgeable people at a phone call away
Cons
None I can thing of at this time
get along with other employees
Mechanic Assembler (Former Employee) –  6401 N. Eldredge Houston,TxOctober 25, 2016
It stinks and it don't care about the worker's just themselves. It I'd a bad place to work your life with this company. Unless you know someone in the high places and a lot of favoritism.
Pros
benefit
Cons
leadman, supervisor CEO
Productive workplace
Mechanical Drafter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2016
A typical day at Dril-quip started of by starting right away on the work left behind the previous day and asking for new work a repetitive cycle. What I learn there was to time manage whatever free time i have to have a productive day. In my opinion, Dril-Quip has seen better days with the management they currently have. For the most part all co-workers had a good relationship except a few black sheep on the heard. The hardest and most enjoyable part of working for Dril-Quip was stay focus.
Best company I have worked for.
Subsea Wellhead Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2016
Assist and advise on the running and installation of
DRIL-Quip tools and equipment (Low Pressure Wellhead Housings, High Pressure Wellhead Housings, Casing Connectors, Casing Hangers, Various Bore Protection and Test Tools.
Good longivity as long as long is there
Drilling Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2016
Have no issues, management will work with you, pay could be better, has old school work environment, very big campus, laid back atmosphere but can get crazy to meet deliveries (internal and external)
Great Oil & Gas Company To Start!
Electronics Inspector I (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2016
I enjoyed my tenure here and would recommend this company as an idea place to start in the industry! I have nothing but good to say for this company as they helped me realize what skills would benefit me in the long run. Great place to work other than I did not enjoy the machine shop as much due to the communication therein.
Pros
Lot's of work at times
Cons
Overbearing management as times.
okay place to work
Furnace Operator / Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 11, 2016
usually busy
I am a fast learner and picked up on the job easily
management was some what rude
blue collar guys
the hardest part would be dealing with the day to day shop talk
The most enjoyable part of the job for me, was getting transfer to quality control
Generally easy multicultural exposure. Fairly good interworker relationship. Can be a fun place to work.
NC Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 3, 2016
Generally friendly environment, with fairly easy going relationship between crew and leaders. Most crew leaders display genuine concern for crewmembers. I, personally enjoyed my tenure.
Pros
Coffee provided, flexible PTO policy.
Cons
Some mild racism.
Learned a lot
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2016
On call 24hr a day as a service tech. Driving to the heliport and flying out to the drill-ship. Most guys are great to work with and will help you along the way. You will learn a lot during each job, Training is on the job training. Hardest part is taking everything in as quick as you can. Best part of the job is you will only work offshore and not at the shop and you will be given a truck and gas paid for.
Pros
Off while at the house
Cons
on call 24hrs
Auwful Place /Mentality 60s /Nott recommended
Subsea Engineer (Former Employee) –  subsea controlMay 30, 2016
Worked there as a professional engineer. Unfortunately for two years. Job market was awful and couldn't get out earlier .
Manager of Subsea control is Pu..yCat and scare to help his team.
Culture of CEO s is 50s or 60s . They made a hill in front of the company to no one see inside(Guess the rest) .
Cheap , unprofessional environment ,Not good if you are experienced (you should keep your experience for yourself ).
It is probably good place if your compensation is $7 to $12 per hour . If you worth more than that forget about that place .Don't waste your life in that Junk place.
Pros
Police stop the traffic when you will go home(Most Pros)
Cons
Treat the Engineer as a $7/hr Worker
A good traditional company in oil-gas machinery industry
Sr. design engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2016
overall is a good company and management is good too. but since oil price goes down, job is not stable. The benefits is ok.
a great change of pace
Controls Subsea Field Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2016
loved working in the service department and working with co-workers to get the job done. was a overall great place to work and safe place to work.