DRIL-QUIP

DRIL-QUIP United States Employee Reviews

Well organised & able to prioritise time and workloads in a high activity environment.
Subsea Well Head Engineer (Former Employee), Pacific, MOSeptember 5, 2014
Good companybut i was never at home and i have a very young family.
your just a number
manual mschinist (Former Employee), houstonSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: no pay
Management acts like they care, lazy and greedy. Would rather hire mediocre machinist and pay them less, than to have quality machinist. More money for them. Good place to learn, but don't expect money.
Great place for a JOB, but not for a career
Proposal Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 21, 2014
Pros: health benefits are good; salary progression ok; addition of employee activities is excellent
Cons: career growth not likely unless you have years of experience, 401-k company contribution not in line with other companies in the industry, lack of reprimand for office bullying, lack of employee recognition for a job well-done.
Too much favoritism and back-stabbing allowed; Great employees leave because management refuses to acknowledge and properly address these issues.
professional invironment
Documentation Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches
I learned a lot with dril-quip and I moved up from documentation clerk to drafting. The hardest part about working at dril-quip was working with my family.
Great good place to work
Lead QC Inspector (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 28, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: pay rate
A good place to work. Dril-Quip is a great learning facility. There is so much going on at all times you can do a variety of jobs.
Good place to start
Drafting Checker (Current Employee), houston txApril 20, 2014
Pros: insurance
Cons: managers
Dril-Quip is a good training ground for people new to the field, I was in the drafting department and there isn't much movement and if there is its all political so make friends with the right people.
good place to work and learn
Mechanical Lab Technician, (Former Employee), houston texasMarch 7, 2014
Pros: good place to learn
Cons: not much advancement
good place to learn, and work, Close to home and the pay is good
Workplace Dynamics
Corporate Director- QHSE (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: opportuinty to positively impact the organization daily.
Cons: cultural barriers to change.
Dril-Quip has a very dynamic work environment with simple to complex functions occurring daily. Each day I engaged key personnel at various levels of the organization to improve understanding around quality and safety program requirements. This sometimes included customer or supplier representatives in the overall supply chain with the goal of achieving high performance based around strategic area of safety, quality, cost, technology and people.
Good work environment.
Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: good work environment.
Cons: the company is unable to weather the storm.
The company ran great while the oil prices are high put when the oil prices fell the layoffs ran rapid through out the company.
Good company
Quality Records Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TexasNovember 25, 2013
Dril-Quip offers excellent benefits.

The company also offers growth opportunities.
Fun People
Mechanical Drafter (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 16, 2013
Learned alot about standards and requirements, Everyone was very nice and taught you as long as you asked.
this place gives you the oppertunity to build up a good experience
VTL Machinist (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 13, 2013
Pros: what pros are thereout this place
Cons: short lunch breaks with no breaks either
typical night was easy, supervisors and lead man never really bothered you only to come see how the night is going every once in awhile. I was there along time and if you make the leads good side they will help you along the way.
exalent company
Shop Helper (Former Employee), houston texasAugust 14, 2013
i learned alot from this plac. if i wouldnt have been laid off id probrably still be there
Still stuck in the 80s
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Houston,TXAugust 11, 2013
Pros: compensation
Cons: manager needs alot more training
The company doesn't allow any internet or any outside emails of any kind. You are treated like ^%$# from day one. They have 4 month training period. This company does things in a very strange way compared to other companies in the same field.
Managers will screw you over any chance they get. If you call in sick for any reason, my suggestion is to follow-up with an email to your boss or he will lie and try and say you didn't call in to work so they can fire you. Look out for James Holley. He will play serious mind games with you...
A great place to get yout foot into the oil and gas industry.
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 6, 2013
Pros: overtime, healthcare
Cons: long hours, lack of communication with managers/superviors
I learned a lot working here at Drip-Quip. A typical day would consist of reviewing and assembling data packages. The most enjoyable part about working here was working with my coworkers. We all built close relationships with each other. Management there was horrible. Working as a team would be ideal at any company but at Drip-Quip it was almost forbidden. The long hours was probably the hardest thing to get used to. Also the turnover ratio at Drip-Quip was ridiculous. I began to work there March of 2011 and by the time left over 25 employees had came and gone. Training was poor. No one one one training sessions with management or supervisors.
nice lunchrooms,clean facilities
Senior Fitter/Welder (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: nice lunchrooms
Cons: strick punch in and punch out
Plenty of overtime .
Organized and follows procedures.
10 hours a day and 8 hours on Saturday.
Workers get along well.
Payed every two weeks on Thursday.
Work areas are good.
nice lunchrooms,clean facilities
Senior Fitter/Welder (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: nice lunchrooms
Cons: strick punch in and punch out
Plenty of overtime .
Organized and follows procedures.
10 hours a day and 8 hours on Saturday.
Workers get along well.
Payed every two weeks on thursday.
A very decent place to work
Sales Order Agent (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 9, 2012
Pros: 1 hour lunch, good working environment, really accomdating to new employees
Cons: 1 hour lunch makes your workday longer, especially when you have places to go like school, no outside patio lunch areas to enjoy the day
The work was easy, the co-workers were pretty good to get along with. There are some unfriendly people but that's in every job. The only reason I decided to leave is because I was hired through a temp agency and it was temporary work, and they were not too flexible with my school hours so i had to choose school or work. If I were not going to school I would have definitely stayed as there is room for advancement within the company and management is great !
productive days at work
Computer Drafter (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 25, 2012
Pros: overtime, well paid, and great facilities to work with
Cons: not breaks allowed, not alot of opportunities to learn about new sofwares.
Learned new sofware and competent and valuable information that I can use and take with me to a future job.
My days are full of work and not much time to waste which is good because I can produce more and make my day sorter.
Productive and fair working experience
Grinder/Shop Help (Former Employee), Houston, TexasJanuary 11, 2012
Pros: availability for promotions, busy work hours
Cons: odd work hours, short weekend
Dril-Quip is a great productive company. They had plenty of work to keep busy every day with 12 hour work days. However, working from 4am to 4pm was a hard schedule to get used to. The managers were observant and fair with work discrepancies and were happy to give credit where credit was due.

About DRIL-QUIP

Dril-Quip, Inc. (Dril-Quip) designs, manufactures, sells and services engineered offshore drilling and production equipment for – Read more