Driscoll Children's Hospital

Driscoll Children's Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Amazing Culture and Atmosphere
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 21, 2016
I loved working at DCH. The patients and their families were great. The staff and atmosphere and culture of the facility was excellent.
Enjoyable place to work at
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXApril 17, 2016
A place where I enjoy working with nurses and physicians. Get to have observational opportunities watching health care practitioners interact with patients. A typical day at work consists of answering phone calls and scheduling patients with proper specialty. I have learned a lot about different diagnoses, treatments and patient interaction. Management is ok, sometimes they are not fair in regards to hostility in the workplace. Physicians and nurses are fine to work with, they cooperate with you and tell you what they need. Medical office specialists as myself have trouble with the lead supervisor as the person is impartial in the decisions they make. The hardest part of the job is sometimes clinics can be overwhelming. However, the learning opportunities are always available and that is what makes it enjoyable.
Pros
Flexible hours, have scholarships for people that are in school.
Cons
hostile work environment
A small teaching hospital
Director of Bio-Medical Engineering (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 12, 2016
I was the department head of a brand new industry, a brand new technology. I was appointed as one of the first non-physician medical staff in the hospital.
Pros
A fun place to work, like a family
Great environment
Certified Medical Coder I (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 5, 2016
This is the best place to work for in Corpus Christi. The management is great, and the culture is wonderful. My co-workers and all staff are knowledgeable and are always willing to assist with anything.
Great palce to work
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXDecember 2, 2015
Loved to go to work here the management and doctors are great learned a lot of things here.
Faculty and staff make it a wonderful palce to work at. All the children that you help make it difficult to leave this place.
BENEFITS
Cons
NONE
Wonderful place to work at, and the people are amazing.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 25, 2015
For it being my first job as an RN it was a wonderful experience. I worked in the NICU for a little bit and the management was very supportive. My coworkers were always willing to help no matter what the situation. It was a very wonderful place to work and if I ever have the chance to work for Driscoll Children's Hospital again, I will jump at the opportunity.
Productive caring environment
RN- NICU Level II (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 4, 2015
A positive wonderful hospital with energetic loving staff. The management department is always available to support all floor employees. I would encourage any of my loved ones to visit this hospital for medical care.
Great volunteering experience and setting
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 25, 2015
A normal day consists of performing many different duties and job positions. I learned proper customer service in a health care setting and receptionist skills. DCH co-workers and management are by far the nicest I have ever worked with. The hardest part of volunteering at Driscoll is getting attached to patients. On the other hand, the most enjoyable part of Driscoll is being able to help sick kids and their families.
Pros
free lunches, volunteer hours, fun, experience
Cons
no breaks, four hour shifts
Poor Management
CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 6, 2015
Management team is worthless. No support from management. Pharmacy moral is poor do to the lack of support from Pharmacy Management.
Utilization Management Technician
Utilization Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 22, 2015
This job is stressful deal on a daily basis with providers and customers. On a phone rotation all day long. If you don't like being on the phone this is not for you.
Pros
Fun and welcoming environment
Cons
Pay is not so good and micro management
Wonderful Doctors, but Management bullies their employees
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 7, 2015
The doctors were wonderful including the Neurosurgeon and Anesthesialogists I worked with. The management, especially in Radiology was allowed to bully employees and force employees out without justification or accountability. The Radiology Director needs to be fired, he treats employees with disrespect and manages by intimidation. Horrible environment to work in! Long time employees that stand up to the bullying and unethical intimidation are let go or forced out of Radiology by Director.

Don't get hurt on the job saving a child, you'll be let go or retired early by the Radiology Director. He will kick you when your already down and throw you away like a piece of garbage. No employee is safe, not even employees ready to retire that have been faithful/wonderful employees caring for the sick children putting the children first!
Pros
Wonderful Doctors
Cons
Bad Management
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 12, 2015
It is a great place to work, they work with you on your schedules, and they have an amazing team to work with. The hardest part of my job would have to be seeing all the children that were in traumas because it is very sad at times.
Fun place to work/ great people
Special Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 3, 2015
doing paperwork, getting authorizations from insurance companies.
how to be patient.
I loved my co workers we had great team work
being on hold all day with insurance companies
Seeing all the kids that came in for therapy
Pros
Happy place to work
Cons
work load at times was to much
Managers do not encourage growth
Communications/Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TexasMay 11, 2015
It is a busy environment and fast-paced. I've learned how to handle irate callers, emergency situations and pager systems. My co-workers seem content with their current jobs. The hardest part is knowing that even though I've shown interest in moving up, management feels that I'm too young.
Job Work/Life balance
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 10, 2015
Very productive place to work at. Management was great and co-workers were team players. The hardest part of the job was seeing children come in sick or hurt. Most enjoyable part of work there was being able to help people that needed medical and emergency services.
Pros
bonus
Cons
small waiting lobby room.
Greatest opportunity to care for patients
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 22, 2014
Having the skills and experience comes a long way when someone of other skilled profession hinders their ability to do what we do everyday makes the work satisfying.

The importance of what we do and strive for as phlebotomist is to make sure that multiple draws are reduced to only one stick per patient.

Co-workers are the best of the best.

Management is management.

The hardest part of the job is seeing children/teenagers come in ill or injured.

The most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference through our response, the compassion we feel, and the support we get from each other.
Pros
family oriented; great atmosphere; fast paced.
Cons
minimum pay range; little advancement; trust in management
Productive place to work
Clinical Medical Technologist (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 22, 2014
It was a great place to work. we would come across many different cases and every one was special, unique in it own way. The co-worker were friendly and made you part of the Driscoll family. I known do to governmental cut back job security is not really meet that is the hardest part of the job. the most enjoyable part of the job is to known the smallest help, hope and love showing to your patients is so appreciated and is seen in every child's smile.
Pros
helping children and there family through maybe the roughest time in there life
Cons
job security and chances for advancement
Great place to work with good benefits
Unit Clerk/Secretary/Operating Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TexasAugust 15, 2014
Hard work every day but a lot team work always good supervising around a lot cross training .
Great learning enviornment and fun place to work
Intern, Graduate Student Clinician (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 31, 2014
Great experience as an Intern. Everyone was pleasant and dedicated to their work.
Great Place to work and help Children
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 2, 2014
Loved working with and helping children and their families.

Everyday I would be able to interact with children and let them know that we are hear to help them to feel better.

The hardest part of my job was losing a patient.

The most rewarding part of my job was knowing that I made a difference in a child's life.

4.4