DRISCOLL FOODS Employee Reviews

productive company
Selector (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJOctober 9, 2017
this is great place to work great people a lot of growth tough job but really easy once you get the hang of the orders i gained a lot of experience working for this company but overall i had i enjoyed it here.
Pros
good pay
Cons
short breaks
poorly managed
Sales (Current Employee) –  NJOctober 6, 2017
Driscolls has experienced severe growing pains over the last 10 years. The recent move was not well thought out or conceived. It's cost the company a significant amount of business.
Amazing place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 26, 2017
Love the job the people and everything else. I was in freezer so it was really cold. Very cold actually but hey what can you expect it's the freezer. Thanks
nice people work there.
CDL A Driver (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYAugust 11, 2017
It was great, i moved and left for what i thought was a career.closer to home ,Mistake, i would go back if there was openings,good people steady work fast pace clean trucks.
Pros
steady work
Cons
cant think of any now
Great Place to Work, Second Family
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJJune 1, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Driscoll. I truly did not want to leave but I had to relocate to NC because my parents fell ill. Would still be there if i could.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Short lunch
It was an amazing place to work
Account Payable (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJMay 23, 2017
The place and the people where very professional the only problem was the manager for accounting was very unprofessional he only treated who he wanted with respect and was unfair with all his employees he would barely let me take days of even when i was up to date with my work
It was a fast pace environment but we got the job done
Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJMarch 10, 2017
When I stated working at this company it was very moving st first. Everything looked so interesting, few months past and you never saw that interest feeling again. The company start you off right until you see there's no future for you in there. The same mindset since you came thru those door it's still there, you don't see a increase of Position there or never a chance to proved your self better.
Muy bueno
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJDecember 31, 2016
Todo fue ana experincia my buena solo Que me FYI or Que tenia Que viajar para Puerto Rico De emergencia
Physical
Delivery Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJNovember 30, 2016
Any job in general is what you make out of it,not an easy job keeps me in shape deliveries in NYC financial district for the last 5yrs.
Pros
We have a new Teamsters union
Cons
Physical
different experience
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJNovember 8, 2016
a typical night at the job went smooth u clock in go to your area and start printing out your routes. u give route to everyone that was told to give route to while your doing that you can be working on your route sheet. after the when i pickers are done pickin you close they route out and you can start giving pickers they route to check after that when they finish the bring labels back if there are any then we check them correct them and then we would print lables out and finish the stickers on paper . after that we would close route out to prepare wait for the loaders to start loading. thats what my typical day at driscoll foods.

i learned how to do labels, routes, and was taught a little extra. the management was cool of course people is goin to bump heads some time to reach a understand its normal. my co-workers were different but everyone was cool alot of different personalities. the hardest part was staying up pass 6 am on late days. the enjoyable part was being around co workers they always put a smile on my face.
Pros
holiday parties and gift cards
Cons
people stealing food
Warehouse is a joke
Warehouse selector (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJOctober 5, 2016
Great place to work if you wanna slave for wage,they tell it's a full time shift what they decline to tell you is your doing 10hr to 12 hr shifts with one 15 min and 1 half hour lunch for a 10 or 12 hour shift than claim to can get to the union after three months yea after they burn you out,and after I quit began to play games with my last check not a great working environment.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hours, no breaks, bad management
excellent atmosphere, very friendly co-workers and team management
Credit Analyst/ AR/ Customer service (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJSeptember 28, 2016
Excellent company to work for, great atmosphere, very friendly co-workers. Constant communication with sales team and customers is enjoyable and always a learning experience. The credit team is always ready to help each other and share the load.
Pros
constant communication with customers and sales team
Cons
company is relocating in the near future
Food
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJSeptember 1, 2016
keeping count of packages going in the boxes, making sure certain things are in the packages, packing things fast to leave work earlier and having good lunch breaks
Fun culture and a great way to gain experience if needed
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJJuly 14, 2016
A typical day at Driscoll Foods consists of receiving your route and truck, Pre tripping your vehicle then driving to multiple types of locations according to your manifests. (Restaurants,country clubs, warehouses, hotels, jails, other facilities etc.) Unloading at each stop with a conscious mind of meeting each customers time limits. Having courtesy and respect with good customer service as you represent the company. Manage invoices, checks, and cash. Once your done you head back to home base and unload whatever you may have whether its mispicks returns or pickups.
Pros
Loved the free coffee
Cons
Hard to take breaks due to high business
Fast paced working environment
Clerk (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 9, 2016
A typical working day include dealing selectors. The hardest part about this job is dealing with customers. Great management team and good worker.
Not a company people want to work for.
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJMarch 23, 2016
Driving in tough traffic and delivering to rough places.
I learned to be patient and humble get the job done in a safe and fast manner.
Management did not know how to work well with their drivers.
A lot of good drivers i met and worked with.
Best part of the ob is finshing the deliveries and punching out heading home.
Pros
Free hand trucks
Cons
Poor work place and Management
Driscoll
Drivers Helper/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJDecember 26, 2015
Good place to work in fresh food many hours and different locations to work in.
Enjoyed meeting new people and being able to go to different places food is always fresh and they keep a very clean environment.
The pay to begin isn't that bad.
Pros
Alot of hours fresh food
Cons
Overtime
Fast growing innovative company
Frozen Buyer (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJFebruary 23, 2015
Driscoll Foods is the fastest growing independent distributor in the NY Metro area. They have many facets of their business, from Cruiseline sales to school meal production. Purchasing was a very fast paced environment that only continued to grow.
Good Company
Selector/Loader (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJNovember 28, 2014
Driscoll is a good company to work for but have minimal job advancement opportunities
good job, very hard labor daily.
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJFebruary 19, 2014
This is a evening position. You pick up packing orders, and work from 6pm until the evenings job is complete. There are 2 scheduled breaks no matter how many hours you stay.
Management are nice people. The hardest part of the job is lack of breaks for the work being done and the most enjoyable part is the employees are really nice.
Pros
Gift card rewards, occassional free lunch
Cons
Health care, no exact end shift time, 2 breaks no matter how many hours worked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DRISCOLL FOODS. Our community is ready to answer.