Driveline Retail Merchandising Employee Reviews in United States

Stay away from this company
Reset Rep (Former Employee) –  Seaford, DEJuly 21, 2016
I have had 3 Supervisors in 3 years. They never call you back or answer their phone when you need their advice on a project. Most of our stores are Dollar General. The Managers in Dollar General are nasty rude and ignorant towards you. The employees are also nasty rude and nasty. Driveline coworkers can also be nasty when you are doing a reset with them. If you have applied and not been hired, I would not worry about it, you are not missing out on anything. One time you can have 4 stores and the next time a new Supervisor comes on the scene, you are down to 1. It is who they like that gets all the stores and all the work. All in all this company has tons of nasty, rude and ignorant people working for them and who we work for, such as clients.
Pros
Only pro is you never see your Supervisor-this is a real plus
Cons
everything
This an underpaid, untrained job
Driveline Master Merchandisier (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 18, 2016
Supervisor never call you back or answer the phone when you need their advice on a project. Most of our stores are Dollar General. Driveline coworkers can also be nasty when you are doing a reset with them. If you have applied and not been hired, I would not worry about it, you are not missing out on anything. One week you can have work next week you can have nothing it don't pay bills.
All in all this company has tons of nasty, rude and ignorant people working for them. They send you out untrained and expect you to do a great job you apply for one state but end up in another and if you don't go Supervisor becomes mad and upset and take the little work you have away..
Pros
NONE
Cons
YOU NEVER MEET A SUPERVIOSR, TRAINING IS NONE, PAY IS LOW AND NOTHING FOR TRAVEL MOST OF THE TIME.
we have main offices in tx and because we are reps we work in different areas and we go around to different stores
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 12, 2016
we have a main office in tx but we mainly do all our work on our portals because we are reps in the field . it is a great job if you like to travel.you get to learn different things when you have different projects to do..but u will need another job if you do because they pay your mileage if you go 30 miles from your resident,but they only pay by the minute which i think don't make any sense but they say u make a certain amount by the hour but you can't get that if your minutes you work don't make the hour
Pros
discounts on very many things
Cons
that you get pay by the minute and not hour. which i don't think is fair, when you pay 9.00 a hour and you only get paid by the minutes you work, you can only work part-time
Terrible company. I never met my boss! Hired over the phone!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, OHJune 29, 2016
I was hired over the phone (red flag) I never meet my Boss! (red flag!) The orientation is a group of new hires that listen on their phone to automated recording! (red flag) NO training except online tutorials! (optional and no pay for doing them) Everything is done online...time entry, data entry from job, pictures you have to take of your work and upload. A schedule which is constantly changing. Most assignments/jobs are 15 min to 1 hr in a store.This is all u may have for the whole day. The drive back and forth, time taken to input hrs and info into computer U just worked for nothing! Stay away unless u want to work for nothing!
Pros
Cons
everything
Long unpaid hours at time...
Master Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXFebruary 22, 2016
Company sets up their employees for failure from the beginning. Since you are driving every work-day the wear and tear on your vehicle is tremendous. You'd think since a major part of the job is driving one would get mileage from job to job but only if it's 20 or more miles between jobs, That's not right.
Pros
different workplace every work-day
Cons
low pay, long hours, too much paperwork, paid per project, times per project allocated, overtime is a virtual no-no
A very flexible company to work for.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 5, 2016
most days were good,I learned a lot about merchandising and retail.Management was good at working with you, they were really good with working with me as a student.I did not work with co-workers much but when I did it was enjoyable.
Pros
Being able to schedule my work days.
Cons
Not having materials that I needed.
Good company to work
Independent Contractor/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 1, 2016
Driveline is a good company to work for to make a few ex I would not use as a primary source of income. I do enjoy the freedom of going to different locations and meeting different people. Also, I like that there are no set hours most of the time unless there is a major reset that has a team which usually has a morning start time.Its fun sometimes working as a team accomplishing different tasks. I learned how to lead and how to follow. I would recommend for someone who need a part time job.
A great part time job
Lead Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Loganville, GAOctober 7, 2015
The best part of the job is definitely the flexibility, most of your assigned jobs can be scheduled for any time within a 2 week period. The hours are ok, but you never know what your paycheck will look like in 2 months. You may have a 40 hour week or you may have a 4 hour week, it just depends on what the company has been hired to do. The hardest part and also the easiest part of the job is definitely dealing with store managers. You never know what you're walking into. Most of the time you meet very friendly people who are happy for the extra help, and then other times you have... interesting... managers who will make things harder than they have to be. The jobs are very easy as long as you know how to read a planogram. And if you don't know how to read a planogram, you'll need to learn quickly. Working with Driveline was a nice way to help cover my bills while in college, but I wouldn't suggest making it a full time career due to lack of benefits. Overall, the DMs you report to are very helpful and on top of things. As long as you do your job properly and efficiently without cutting corners, it's a breeze.
Pros
Easy work, helpful district managers, friendly coworkers
Cons
Lack of benfits, uncertain hours
Make your own hours. More you work, more you make
Master Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTApril 10, 2016
I have been with driveline for going on my 3rd year. I love this job. It is very busy between Feb and Aug/Sept then it slows down until Feb again.

You make your own hours and get to travel. I go out of state sometimes if they need me to. You are not required to but it is a plus for me.

I pay my bills soley off this job in the summer. If you work your butt off, you will make the money you want.
Pros
Travel, Make your own hours, No boss over your shoulder, Different tasks everyday
Cons
Use your own car, Work goes down to almost nothing in fall/winter
Merchandising
Merchandise Representative (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXMarch 11, 2016
Always traveling somewhere new. Management team is great. Always room to learn something new. Always meeting new and different people.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
No advance in pay
merchandiser
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 25, 2016
It was work --boring and uneventful
there were few hours and low pay.
Management not approachable and not always available
Pros
work at your own pace
Cons
pay
productive enviroment
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Aztec, NMMay 18, 2016
Driveline is a great company to work for if you aren't looking for set hours. I love merchandising, I am glad I get to organize for a job. the people I work with are all very kind. the hardest part about my job is driving distances that I don't always get paid for. the most enjoyable part of my job is being very precise. The managers aren't really around very often, so there is a lot of responsibility in the job.
driveline
Team Lead merchandising projects and stores (Current Employee) –  Reading, PADecember 23, 2015
getting paid for the job we did was a hassle. Alot of I owe you's. Jobs that were supposed to take 15 minutes took more like an hour becuase they didn't have product and for us to get the paid overage was a big time hassle.
Pros
worked at my pace and was offered a higher management position, but to much traveling involved. 5 days a week in a hotel
Cons
have to drive store to store with minimal reiumbustment.
Fun place to work
STORECAST MERCHANDISING (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 19, 2016
Checking emails, learning all the time how to track invoices. Management the merchandising team with the new cycle of work. Training my coworker and learning new tools. Frustrations when some fixtures didn't arrived in time at the remodel stores. See the stores open after all the hard work.
Pros
work with people at the store
Cons
Long hours of works
I look forward to meeting new people.
Master Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Taylorville, ILFebruary 16, 2016
Some early morning resets while learning each day. People are great and I love customer service. Management is good and very helpful each day if needed.
Pros
Set your schedule
Cons
Pay
Merchandising Job sucks.
PT merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Southern New MexicoJanuary 7, 2016
I have to say that I have done Merchandising now for a few months and I can tell you that the pay is low. They only pay for the project time, not the time it takes you to upload the pics and work you did to their portal after you get home. I was told by DM that overtime for a particular project would be approved, but only have the DM ignore my calls and emails about my payroll time. The other thing is their company is disorganized. I have told them repeatedly not to ship components to my home to send them to a post office box. They do not listen and then tell me that the street address cannot be removed from the system. I don't believe that at all. Find another part time job stay away from merchandising its not worth your time. Not enough hours. You might have 3 hours one week and 5 the next....so not worth it....!!
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low wage and time reporting work you do not get paid for.
Excellent place to work and learn new abilities
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 21, 2016
This is a wonderful place to work for and learning new abilities everyday. It also teaches someone that doesn't deal well in public to handle that situation very well. The work you complete you get the credit for as with most other jobs you would get that.
Horrible!!! Stay away!!!!
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXApril 14, 2016
The District Manager position is 7 days a week. You absolutely have no life. They don't tell you in the interview process you have to work Saturdays and Sundays in addition to Monday thru Friday. Is this legal? Very difficult to retain merchandisers which in turn makes this job a nightmare. All this for very poor salary.very stressful job!
Pros
No pros to this job
Cons
See review.
good team working job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 2, 2016
Its a great job if you like to travel. I had the opportunity to do that and had a great experience. I still am employed with them. The other employees are great teammates. We all work together on the big projects/resets.
Poor experience
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAJune 22, 2016
I was hired and, like many other reviewers I never heard back after completing endless paperwork and divulging personal data. I could not reccomend. It is scary when people dissapear with your info. I gave them my banking info!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Driveline Retail Merchandising. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5