Driveline Retail Merchandising

Driveline Retail Merchandising Employer Reviews

Enjoyable working with retail clients and their district and regional managers.
Regional Manager (Former Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: satisfaction in having an award winning team.
Cons: had to work 7 days a week.
Fast paced and deadline sensitive responsibilityto clients. I supervised 14 district managers over a 3 stae area. Oklahoma, Texas and the eastern half of New Mexico. Responsible for several thousand projects each month. I enjoyed my job thoroughly. I like the fast pace, multi tasking and working with my district managers as well as our client's district – more... and regional managers. – less
productive workplace with nice co-workers
Surge Flex Rep (Current Employee), variesJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
A typical day at work would be reading plan-o-grams and re-setting the shelves accordingly, dealing with different store managers, and working time efficiently. I learned how to read plan-o-grams when I started this job. I love my district manager and co-workers. The hardest part of my job is pleasing each and every manager because each person likes – more... things done differently. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with people I like and get along with. – less
Low/No Compensation and Poor Management - Dead End Job
Master Merchandiser (Former Employee), MarionDecember 18, 2013
Pros: pay on time
Cons: lowest pay in industusty, clueless management, no compensation for office work, not compensated for drivetime and mileage, rude and harassing messages, employees are taken advantage of, accusations w legal implications, lots of printing, no benefits
I have worked for Driveline for several years and have a small territory of Dollar General and Family Dollars stores with occasional additions of other retail establishments. The pay is less than the living wage at 9.00 an hour and you are expected to complete tasks that you are not paid for and additional responsibilities seem to be added daily. Since – more... Driveline is not a full time position the hours are supposedly flexible to give the employee the opportunity to work around their real job's hours. However, there are many restrictions to work time, including a short 4 day work window. In the past we were allowed to move around jobs on our board to create a work schedule. This is no longer the case (at least with my GM.) All jobs, regardless of when they are due are put on the schedule to be completed in the first four days it is issued (many jobs have a 2 -3 week window) and if it is moved you will be sent a harassing email to not touch your dashboard. In many cases this leads to driving to stores to complete a 15 minute job that could have been coupled with a job at that location on the following week.

The amount of printing is unnecessary. Not only are the directions poorly written and redundant, they span 3 to 4 pages with useless information and color pictures - you are NOT reimbursed for printing. The work orders are poorly set up and usually require two pages - you are NOT reimbursed for printing. The jobs require you to also print POGs and letters of authorization that you are to leave with the store managers - you are NOT reimbursed for printing.

If you cannot find components after searching the store for 15 minutes you have to call your GM. In some instances your GM will ask to speak to the manager giving the impression that your word is not taken as truth. After 15 minutes of determining that the project is not in the store, you are told to contact support to request materials. Support is a term we will use loosely. The call lines are usually busy and you will experience a wait - after they are answered by someone who is usually asks why you are calling in a effort to show that your call is unimportant and disrupting their work. When all is said and done, you have spent a good 45 minutes in the store, you have printed countess paperwork, you have driven to and from the store (Drive time & Mileage are not paid for your attempt), you are asked to take pictures, you have to fill out a report and upload images - you are only paid for 9 - 15 minutes maximum for this job. The work is not over, then you are expected to email and discuss the job with your GM, in some instances you are told to call the store and see if the components have arrived - all of this is unpaid administrative work. The job will be rescheduled and you will have to repeat all of the above (because there is no way the components have arrived yet and you are not allowed to move the job to another time to accommodate shipping times.)

GM is unavailable after 6 pm and on weekends. If you email the GM during this time you are sent an automated response stating that they are not available. After, a mass mailing will go out to the entire team full of exclamation marks and capital letters informing everyone again of the GM's office hours. Since Driveline is a second job, most employees are just getting home and trying to submit reports around this hour. So if you have a report error you will not get help at this time. If you leave the report unfinished you go on the naughty list. This is not a list you want to be on and you are penalized. You CAN however expect to receive phone calls and emails from the GM after 6 pm that you are expected to read right that second, and send a response stating that you read the email. If you do not answer your emails on the weekends you will get a nasty email telling you not to let this happen again- again, all unpaid office work.

Some jobs simply cannot be done in the amount of time they are slotted. In some case time will be added for you to complete the work, however continuity work will not be compensated. You are told to stop the second you reach your time limit. The problem with not scheduling enough time to do these weekly jobs is that the section you are working will never look refreshed and management does take notice of this. If you ask Driveline for time to complete this task (ie only 30-45 minutes to stock new shipments, organize, build holiday endcaps, add helium to balloons, refresh and entire aisle of greeting cards, take photos and enter a report on the computer) you are told the company will only pay that amount. Driveline does NOT go to bat for the employees.

Employees are taken advantage of and they are quick to let you know just how far down the totem pole you are situated. Recently they implemented a way to find duplicate images that are uploaded. If you upload an incorrect image - there is NO way to remove it and you have to contact your GM (this more than likely accounts for all the after 6 pm emails to the GM). Noting on the comments that the wrong image was uploaded is not sufficient (I have come to believe any comment left on a report in any of the comment areas is simply not read.) An automated response will be sent to your email accusing you of committing fraud and directing you to talk to your GM so they can review your history of fraud with the company. Apparently the second time this happens you are fired and since they use the work "fraud" it is likely to include legal implications and costly lawyers. You will have many many images to filter through once you get home to upload to the different reports, same sets but different stores. Accidents will happen so be careful. You are NOT paid for any of this administrative time. Entering reports, depending on the number of stores you have, will account for about an hour of unpaid work.

Basically the job is demanding of your time and does not hesitate to require work you will not be compensated for. Employees are insignificant and do not expect to be treated otherwise after the "honeymoon" period. You will be expected to go out of your way and do more than you are being paid to do. This job does not pay a living wage and the company does not give out raises. I know one merchandiser who has been with the company for close to 10 years and she is still making less than a living wage and has only received a few raises during her time with the company - she is the token "good girl" and does way more work than she is required to do. Don't expect any holidays - in fact expect weekend work to appear on your dashboard with no way to turn it down, especially during the holidays. A holiday during the week only shortens your week from 4 days to 3 days to get all work completed. Do not expect holiday bonuses. Do not expect any perks. Do not expect kudos for jobs well done. Just do your work, keep your head down and stay under the radar and you will get your tiny check in two weeks. Do expect emails demanding you give more than you are being paid to give.

I wouldn't recommend this job unless the stores you are promised are very close to where you live or you are already in the area. Even then stores can be removed and given to other employees that are added to the team with no notice. If you are a merchandiser for your area it is good to supplement work, otherwise you are working for free once you add in the expenses of the job. Dead end job. – less
Didn't even bother taking job
Merchandiser (Former Employee), MAOctober 31, 2013
I was looking for a part-time job with a decent schedule. I applied, and was hired at $9.50 hr. Then after a quick training conference call, I had to watch a couple poorly produced videos explaining various tasks. Then they start emailing you the jobs. They were about 30 minutes away and only gave me 30 minutes of work at the Dollar store. So I would – more... have to drive 30 minutes to make about $4. Did not seem worth it. – less
Learning new resets & working with the public a plus
emerchandiser (Former Employee), Via, XOctober 22, 2013
Pros: setting own hours
Cons: the driving distance was horrible @ times
I enjoyed doing this job because there was always something different & exciting to do.
i enjoy my job and making my own schedule
Retail Merchandising (Current Employee), Taylorville, ILSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: paid travel and drive time
Cons: not enough work or advancement
I work hard and enjoy my job. Just not enough pay or hours. no room for advancement.
Don't work here - horrible company
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Lubbock, TexasSeptember 4, 2013
Cons: poor pay, poor communication, poor management
I worked for driveline for six-seven months last year. I was not paid for training people, gas and other tasks that I was promised pay for. Recently, I was rehired and the current district manager had some kind of personal issue with me. Within a week, he added work to my schedule he knew would be late and get me in trouble. What a mess! The pay stinks. – more... Communication is the worst part! – less
Set modulars in stores then stock merchandise
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Taylorville, ILSeptember 3, 2013
Checked inventory, stocked merchandise, reordered when necessary, & returned damaged & out dated products
Serves a necessary, labor intensive function in all retail industries
VP Business Development (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 15, 2013
Pros: every retail/cpg company has a need for their services
Cons: difficult to interject new types of business applications
I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Driveline Retail Merchandising. Great support staff and a value compared to similar business applications. Wish the relationship had lasted longer.
Worst Compnay ever
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Richland Center WiFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: none that i can think of
Cons: dm's are the worst i have ever worked for in any of my positions. the pay sucks, lack of work, lack of respect.
This company sent me out on 3 jobs in the three weeks I worked for it. My DM was a jerk and made promises to me and not one was ever kept. My advise for anyone thinking of working for this company is DON'T YOU WILL BE SORRY!!!

SandySS – February 25, 2013

I called and applied for a job with them, with no experience at merchandising. I got a call 2 days later, got hired. I think!! The person on the phone was in a noisy place of business, and thats just about all I could hear as she was interviewing me. After reading these reviews, and having that expercience, that I considered was non professional, I took the advice and decided I didn't want to work for them. Thanks for the reviews. Although, I would like to have a job as a merchandiser, I don't think this is the one.

Not a good company to work for.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Knoxville, TnFebruary 1, 2013
Cons: no health care, you never meet anyone from the company. do not pay for the extra work you do..
This is not a good company to work for.. They assign you alot of work with little time to do it.. If something goes wrong they just fire you.. You
don't get a reason. You are under paid for the job you do. They pay you just over mimmum wage..
But only for the work you do in the store.. They give you nothing for the amount of paper work and equipment – more... you use at home..
Any company that will fire you for no reason is not a good company.

DO NOT WORK FOR THEM.. IF YOU BOYCOTT THEM MAYBE THEY WILL APPECIATE THERE EMPLOYEE'S BETTER. – less
Flexible hours
Master Merchandiser/Area Coordinator (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYJanuary 27, 2013
Flexible schedule, great job if you like working on your own, at your own pace. workload is not steady.

cherokee – February 1, 2013

this is not a store to depend on for a future

Flexible Schedule
Flexible hours, but inconsistent work load. Typical day is everything but typical. Depending on the jobs assigned for the week, you could be working in small teams on major reset projects, or working on your own completing smaller jobs.
So far a great company to work for
Master Merchandiser (Current Employee), Houston areaDecember 21, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule, basically your own boss
Cons: lots of driving
Been with Driveline for about 3 months now and have 15-20 stores to handle on any given week. Schedule is completely what I make it allowing me to do this around full time school. Our DM is awesome and keeps everything on track.
DO NOT WORK HERE
stocker (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 11, 2012
Pros: decent pay
Cons: too many to list
I worked for this company for 3 weeks and got sent out 3 times. My manager ignored all my emails and when I went over her head to find out about my pay and jobs and her ignoring me I was fired. I filed a complaint and I was told an investigation will be opened and that was 6 months ago and heard nothing. I can't even get in contact with someone about – more... my W2. – less

Cowboy – February 3, 2013

I also worked for them fot 3 week this company could care less about its employees. My DM told me that he was considering me for aterritory manager and he lied.

Doing reset and assembly projects was a blast
Team Lead Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), All Albertson's in the Torrance area of Ca.November 8, 2012
Pros: flexibility of scheduling
Cons: depends on the price per gallon of gas at the time
Driveline Retail Merchandising was an exciting experience. I like to assemble and reassemble exhibits and signage . I learned to speak with, and interact with the public, as i performed my job assignment. I learned that it was one of my best assets as a person. When i spoke with my managers, i always resolved anything that was at issue.Now, whether – more... it was my fault, or a mistake by the company I' am an excellent trouble shooter and problem resolver. That i think was the hardest part , satisfying different personalities. All in all, i think i really enjoyed meeting and working with people. I love merchandising and people, each with a different approach to the job and to my personality. – less
Inconsistant Work
Area Coordinator/ Merchandiser (Former Employee), Taylorville, ILOctober 23, 2012
Pros: set your own schedule for the most part.
Cons: poor pay and inconsistent hours.
This company does not give loyal and hard working employees acknowledgement or reward of advancement. Work load varies. This is a good job for someone who is looking for something to do. This is not a good company to support a person or family.
Good Place for Temp work.
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Taylorville, ILSeptember 7, 2012
Pros: drive time
Cons: no healthcare, dental, 401k
A Productive and good company if you need Temp work.

My Coworkers were great to work with everyone work together to get all tasks done in a timely matter.

My Manager was great very clear on what he wanted done. And had planograms ready for us.

The hard part of the Job is when the set of stores are done. You may not have the same team, or even more – more... work.

The best part for me was the great team I worked with.

But I need steady work with benifits and steady pay. – less
Awesome job
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Niles, ILAugust 22, 2012
This job is full of anything imaginable. Traveling (instate) from store to store with major customer service responsibilities, it makes the job easier to handle.
Freedom to work schedule as convenient
master merchandiser (Current Employee), FloridaMarch 29, 2012
Pros: freedoem with schedule
Cons: no mileage or printing compensation
I read some of the reviews here and have had a completely different experience. My supervisor is very good and professional. I have never had an issue with her, she is very easy to deal with. My biggest complaint is that they keep giving me more work than I really want but I guess that is not a bad thing. True, they do not pay for milage to you home – more... stores and do not pay for printing required documents like some other companies do. – less