DriveTime

DriveTime Employee Reviews

High Stress environment
Underwriting Review specialist (Former Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 25, 2015
Pros: convenient location
Cons: salary, job stability
The company tends to lay off people like crazy....and then go on a major hiring spree weeks later. Also, the salary is not comparable to competing lenders.
Fun workplace!
SALES ADVISER/ UNDERWRITER (Current Employee), Stone Mountain, GAAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Free lunch or breakfast 3-4 times weekly
Cons: No breaks, eat on the go
Drive Time is a fun place to work at with great people. The demand on you time especially during the tax season can which is about five months can be hard if you are family oriented, but this is when you make your money. The commissions along with the salary pay is awesome. You must have great sales skills or you won't make money.
Busy place
General Manager (Current Employee), DCAugust 18, 2015
Offers great programs to individuals who in needs to own a car. Great people to work with. long working hours. Happy environment
Fun, relaxed work environment
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Excellent work environment
Cons: No sick time, no remote work opportunity
Drivetime provides great opportunity for those starting their IT careers a terrific launching pad for interesting roles.Excellent place for new college grad to launch their career.
Nice family time environment. – more... Can improve employee satisfaction by providing better time off policy (No unscheduled/sick) hours. Vacation extremely limited. Remote work opportunity will bring greater quality talent which doesn't current exist. – less
Great Start Out of College
Sales & Finance Manager (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLAugust 11, 2015
No work life balance. Compared to other car dealerships pay is low, and bonuses/commissions are almost unattainable.
good school job.
Dealership Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 16, 2015
Pros: come and go as i please
very unorganized. needs alot of help with bringing this dealership back up to pare.this is a good job if you are in school. need a degree for any other part of the dealership.
Customer driven and fun place to work
Senior Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 15, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: healthcare and pay
Determined work procedures and prepared work schedules; trained new office coordinators
Managed daily sales goals and credit performance
Delivered superior client and customer service
Inexperienced upper managment. Outdated equipment.
Command Center Analyst (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Mentioned in review
The benefits are good, but just don't make up for the lack of growth of the company. Upper management is stuck in their ways of doing everything the old way. Everyone must work in the office, everyone – more... is salaried, everyone must work an eight hour work day (and then some), they are not afraid to take advantage of the salaried policy and you are expected to work more than 40 hours a week, equipment is outdated. Upper management does not listen to any advice given by subordinates. The bigger they get the worse it becomes. Avoid this company.They'll try to sell you on the perks, but the perks do not outway the negatives. – less
productivity driven
Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJuly 8, 2015
This department was productivity driven. It was all about the numbers. Decent red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company
Great Environment and People
Title Specialist (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Fun Days, Spirit Weeks and The Amazing Cultue
Cons: Communication between management and employees could be a little better.
DriveTime was an exciting work place. The people are very friendly and teamwork is amazing! Hardest part of my job was tax season because the inventory would triple and the work load increased by 4.
Most enjoyable part is the teamwork. It showed me that teamwork can really get the job done. Our hard work was rewarded with lots of treats and team building exercises.
Wonderful Company with excellent benefits
Lot Attendant (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNJune 30, 2015
Pros: hours of operation
Cons: weather conditions
Drive time was a great place to work. They had wonderful benefits as well as competitive wages. The hours worked perfect with my personal life style. Co-workers were great. The best part of my job was the ability to work fast and stay busy. The hardest part of my job was working with the sun beating down on you, or working in ice storms.
Expect to walk into a fun environment built on open, friendly relationships.
Financing Manager/Underwriter (Current Employee), Torrance CAJune 24, 2015
Day in and day out when coming in to work, I come to a team that has demonstrated to me that they can be reliable in achieving growth within themselves personally and through their career. Although I – more... am the manager at the dealership, I feel my team respects my decisions, yet does not feel as though I pull my rank on them. They know as long as we all work our heart out to do our job together, then we will all be successful. – less
It is a great place to work.
OA (Current Employee), Lombard, ILJune 23, 2015
Pros: Sometimes we get free lunch
Cons: N/A
I feel challenged and accepted within the office culture. I am never bored and have consistent work to do. I process the title work and finances. Stressful but fun!
Overall good company
Lot Technician (Current Employee), Duluth, GAJune 16, 2015
Great company if you have the desire and will power to move through the ranks. The pay is a little lop sided and questionable
Good people to work with
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 15, 2015
If you want a base pay and smaller commission for stability this place is for you. Takes a while to move up and the day to day can be challenging but overall good place to be.
Great company
Automotive sales Representative (Former Employee), Aurora, COJune 14, 2015
Pros: easy going atmosphere
Cons: long hours
Great cars and pricing format for credit challenged clients. Great warranty service. long hrs. and needed all the clients info to close a deal.
Good company, Good people, and Good Benefits
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Miamisburg, OHJune 11, 2015
I would make 30-50 phone calls a day for lead development/ appt. setting. I helped the customer through the entire sales/lease process. I learned how to sell/ showcase cars. More importantly, I learned – more... how to ask questions to determine what objections the customer may have so I could handle this smoothly/effectively. I looked up to all my managers as they walked the walk and talked the talk. My co-workers were all good people that gave good effort and were supportive. The hardest part of the job would be managing time between selling face to face and telemarketing. The most enjoyable part of the job is the selling. I get a rush from selling. I also enjoyed meeting people and joking with my co-workers. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to get experience in the car business. – less
Excellent place to grow!
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 7, 2015
Pros: Great growth opportunity. Excellent compesantion plan
Cons: Long hours while working retail
Very Fast paced Sales environment with huge growth opportunities. If you are looking for a high paid sales job and real growth opportunities DriveTime is the place to be. Ever since you walked into the doors you will feel a positive vibe and stays like it for ever.
Best company I have ever worked for.
Senior Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 5, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Promotions, Relocating
I miss working at DriveTime. I wish they had a location in New York. I would ask to join the team if there were. Until then, I will have all the memories of positive, fun, and rewarding experiences.
Great Opportunity.
Sales Manager (Current Employee), TNJune 4, 2015
Great opportunity. You can make some great money and you have the opportunity to move up in the company. Long hours are going to happen but most jobs now days required longer hours.
Headquarters