DriveTime Employee Reviews

Good people, but long hours
Senior Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Great people, my team is amazing. Mid-level managers really care about you as a person. However, in order to make a high income you need to be willing to work 10 to 12 hour days.
good pay no work life balance
SALES ADVISOR II (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 19, 2017
The schedule is very difficult with a family. The pay is good, but its very hard to have work life balance when your hours are so late. Your day consist of making phone calls and assisting customer with the buying process. You get all of the documents they need together to qualify to get a car such as income, address and etc then you run an application for them.
Good place, recon manager sucks
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 18, 2017
Good all around place to work, I enjoyed working here even tho they have a hard time dealing with stuff a lot of mis treating employees , gossip/etc
Pros
Money is excellent
Cons
Management is severely damaged and needs a change
Relaxed and fun
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 17, 2017
DriveTime is a place where you can go to work and not dread it. any position is one that is relaxed, but at the same time there is a competitive aspect for those in the sales position. As a lot attendant, the best part of the job was driving to other states to pick up cars for customers.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
promotion
Great Company, Poor Leadership
Buyer (Current Employee) –  UnknownSeptember 16, 2017
Great company to start you professional career. At some point along the way, the culture has changed and Senior leadership doesn't see it. Go back to caring about the people and listening to their opinions.
Cons
Work Life Balance, Poor Senior Management
Great Job. Poor Career
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 10, 2017
At Drive Time your day starts out by making 40-60 phone calls to potential customers who have already done an online approval, so no cold calling, although sometimes it feels like it. You will learn sales skills and get too see what other people do for a living and their current credit situation. Management is there to help you succeed because their pay increases when the store hits budget. After all your calls are made you will spend a lot of time with your co-workers, so the quality of your day will depend on what type of people they are. The hardest part of the job are the hours. During tax season they have longer hours and are open from 9-9 and you are required to work all day Friday and Saturday. Sometimes customers will show up at 8:45 and you will have to stay late. Great job if you are single without a family. I would search elsewhere if quality time with your family is the most important to you.
Pros
No need to negotiate with customers since they are no haggle, consistent pay
Cons
work life balance, long hours, only half hour for lunch
All around horrible experience and company to work for.
Claims Adjuster - Work (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 7, 2017
A terrible place to work no matter what they offer you. The most incompetent management I have ever encountered. They expect too much. Weekends are mandatory. No weekends off except the first month. The con you into thinking that you won't work weekends and then all of a sudden you are on a permanent weekend schedule. The constant threat of being fired is always over your head.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Not a place to work if you have opinions.
Title Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85209September 7, 2017
Ive made some really good friends here. It's not my favorite job but it's easy. Sometimes I think they make it seem harder than it really is, but its not that bad.
Pros
its air conditioned.
Cons
Some people are strange
Productive fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 7, 2017
We have a VR room! DriveTime is pretty laid back yet we get work done! The atmosphere is great and we look for personal success within the company along with achieving goals!
Fun work place with different challenges everyday
Customer Service/Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  North 45September 5, 2017
A day at drivetime consist of helping customers with low or no credit to get into a Sedan. I learned good customer skills and how to work with all different type of people. Most enjoyable part of job was satisfying customers
You hold your future
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 3, 2017
Great company with good compensation structure. Daily calls of 50 that set you up for success. You have to want to make money and you will! Left for other reasons, but I would return if need be.
Old boys Club Culture and all that matters is who you know
Reconditioning Manager (Former Employee) –  Delanco, NJSeptember 1, 2017
Executive leadership made constant mistakes which cost a lot of people their jobs, 37 people were let go (20% of the staff), in my facility alone because of these mistakes. No reason to value this organization when they won't value your contribution. People are given positions for which they aren't qualified and have been pushed ahead of others who were qualified based on their relationship with the GM. Lies all the time from told to never work Saturday to working many, told about 1,000 per month guaranteed bonus that was not true, lies that they value people and they don't. Absolutely horrible place to work, stay away at all cost.
Pros
Once a month free lunch and a couple of ping pong tables
Cons
Everything else
Great job bad managment
Level 2 Inspector (Current Employee) –  Midfield, ALAugust 31, 2017
Good job bas managment. The employees are down to earth and so ar the leads. The management could use some work. The GM is a bit controlling yet is not very knowledgeable with all areas at drive time's IC
Fast paced and friendly environment sometimes
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2017
DriveTime paints a pretty picture, great life a work balance and room for advancement, but in reality that's far from the truth. They will promote whomever they like and almost never promote hard working people that truly deserve it. their turn over rate is ridiculously way high. work life balance is not what they say it is and Management rarely listen to anything you have to say or intend to help you when you ask for it.
Pros
Sometimes you would get a free lunch / and wear jeans from time to time on the weekend
Cons
they only promote if they like you.
Great Place To Work
Operations Advisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2017
I loved working at DT however the hours are long. Management is great and will help you advance if you would like to. Overall good culture and good people.
Pros
The environment is great
Cons
The hours are long
not a bad place to work
Lot Technician (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 23, 2017
I manage the lot inventory I also learned a lot with moving and repair certain inventory always moving around at sometimes alot of things are thrown at you at once the work place culture is alot to deal with alot of change all the time with management and other this as well throughout the company hardest part of the job is dealing will some much change and time management. the most thing i like is the people i work with and seeing a customers face when they are able to drive off in a new car.
good culture and peers, lack of support
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 22, 2017
I love the job and people I work with. My peers and team members are great. My managers are good-hearted, but unsuccessful at understanding my motivators and develop everyone the same, not as individuals. There is an inability for supervisors to be promoted unless they "know" someone higher in the company or come from outside the company.
Good Pay/Easy work. Terrible management and HR
T1 Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNAugust 18, 2017
Fun and easy place to work. The management is god awful and Corporate doesnt know what theyre doing. They find a winning formula and then change it a week later. The morale is non existent. We had 16 mechanics and in 2 months that number dwindled down to 5 mechanics....You are always micromanaged and they try to cut cost which in turn hinders you to do your job in a ethical manner. The benefits are good if they actually kick in i was suppose to have free health insurance yet every paycheck 200 dollars was taken out and HR had no clue how to fix it.
Pros
Fun and easy place to work
Cons
Everything else about the place
Great Company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 15, 2017
Long hours (no work life balance)
Culture within the work place is amazing, which makes it the most enjoyable part.
The hardest part is prioritizing the company has everything as a high priority.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Staffing levels (on Retail side)
If it fits, go for it
SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 13, 2017
I honestly was looking to enhance my sales skills and learn myself as a sales person. Once I felt I knew more about myself then I realized everything I was going through wasn't worth it to stay . I just happened to have two really great managers and even though I could have left much sooner, I didn't want to because of them. I will say, they have excellent benefits and if a person has a great manager, it will cause you to stay. I met the CEO, great guy, and his entourage are nice people as well. Overall, the hours can be extremely long during certain times of the year, advancement is based on performance and availability, the job itself can be rewarding due to helping people and if you do your job, you won't have to worry about looking for another one.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DriveTime. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval