DriveTime Employee Reviews

Love the job but...
Sales Executive (Former Employee), FLDecember 22, 2014
Love the job but you have no life....always leaving extremely late.
I have learned and experience so much with DT, I'm very thankful to have been apart of their Regional Management Team
Regional Portfolio Strategist (Former Employee), 1030 N Central Expy, Plano, TX 75074December 9, 2014
Pros: i made an substantial amount of money
Cons: management and structural changed
With hard work you can advance with the company and have the experience of a life time. I was able to travel to several regions and meet several great people. It's dedication that will continue to make you grow and I'm grateful to have had that opportunity with DT.
Provides options for people who are unable to obtain a loan through a traditional dealership
Lease Advisor (Current Employee), Mesa, AZDecember 7, 2014
It is rewarding working for a company that gives options to clients that don't have any other place to go.

My co-workers and supervisors are very helpful and team oriented.
Drivetime
Internet Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Mesa, AZNovember 20, 2014
Pros: nice employee, good culture
Cons: no growth
The culture and work environment was great, and day to day task were easy to perform. Growth is slow and hard to come by, as position was few with the department. Management team was relatable, but stretch between caring for the department and working on its own growth. In my last three years I have seen many people come and go and that speaks volume, some from choice, and other from termination.
Long days
Sales (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCNovember 18, 2014
Pros: team effort
Cons: commision
Better then most car lots with base pay. Can be long hours and first 8 cars you sell pay $160 total!!! Yes not good unless your selling 20 plus and thats hard to do
Productive and fun environment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Riverside, CANovember 4, 2014
The work load is steady and heavy.
Management is great at training
The job is fast paced and fun
Fun atmosphere,great experience builder, small work force, bad work-life balance
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 4, 2014
Pros: benefits, healthcare, wellness programs, 401k match, contests, free lunch, bonuses
Cons: work-life balance, short lunch breaks, after hours work
Typical work day has steady work from start to finish. Opening has reports to generate to track MTD metrics, distributing and contacting new leads, and then submitting sales contracts. The best part is working with customers and making the sale. This is ongoing no matter how much development needs to be accomplished or inventory that needs to be managed or new reports your Market manager requires. – more... Multi tasking and time management is a strong quality from sales managers at drivetime. I have learned a great deal of management experience, corporate politics, time management, team development, and working through adversity. The hardest part is work-life balance. You miss out on a lot of family and friend's events. It is a retail job, so the doors don't close on time if there are customers still in house. Even though it is a large company, each dealership only has 7 to 15 employees. The smaller stores run short staffed with little support and long hours for manager and little opportunities to utilize well earned PTO. I always enjoyed the environment because I was able to create the work environment I enjoyed, by keeping high energy on the floor, fun attitude and staffing the store with the right people. – less
Fun relaxed environment
Drive Time Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Live Oak, TXOctober 23, 2014
Pros: health benefits, 401 k, and great teamwork.
Cons: finding the balance with family.
A typical day at Drive Time your making making about 40 calls a day to bring in new customers. You are also walking these customers through the Drive Time approval process to find them the perfect vehicle to suite their needs. Fun atmosphere pretty laid back with co-workers and jokes galore. The hardest part about this job is that you can't help everyone who has come up on hard times. On the flip side when you can it's always amazing to see the looks on their faces when they can drive off in their new car.
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Winder, GAOctober 15, 2014
A typical day at was easygoing and fun. Ive learned alot about cars and myself. The management here is awesome. My co-workers are awesome.
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Winder, GAOctober 15, 2014
Used to be a great place to work...!!!
Automotive Tech3 (Former Employee), Midlothian ICOctober 14, 2014
Pros: monday - friday regular schedule
Cons: unethical managentment, cut throat enviroment
Used to a great place to work until new ICGM was promoted and new management team was put in place. Became very cut throat back stabbing hostile environment after that. The GM was racist and very inappropriate. The whole team is unethical and looks for reasons to get rid of anyone he feels as threat to them or stands up for what's right.
ok work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mesa, AZOctober 8, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
unstable during my time with the company but was ok at the time
great
Sales Manager - Phoenix (Current Employee), Mesa, AZOctober 5, 2014
Pros: good
Cons: good
Fun and a great place to learn about business. Management is very supportive.
Productive workplace
Loan Advisor (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
a typical work day is meeting the requirements set by the manger. I learn how to use my listening skills working at this job. My co workers we always supportive when needing help. The hardest part of the job was losing one of the manager that went to work for another company. The most enjoyable part was lunch because the managers would always cook for us.
fast paced office with positive enviroment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Sanford, FLSeptember 23, 2014
challenging job with great rewards... alot of energy and feeling of accomplishment when able to help customers .
Great company with potential to move up
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 23, 2014
Great training and experience. Long hours during tax season but high reward for effort
Great pay, but no work-life balance
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: pay, experience
Cons: long hours!!!!
Working here is great, pays well and allows you to gain different skills to help beyond the workplace. The only downside is that you work so much that you have no time for anything else. Forget about planning things unless it's your day off and be sure to expect to be in the dealership at all hours of the night if need be. Its a job where you must be willing to sacrifice a social life, but will have have money rolling in.
not bad
Lot Attendant (Current Employee), Conway, SCSeptember 17, 2014
not a bad place to work, good benefits but not easy to move up and upper management is unrealistic with expectations
Productive and expanding knowledge
Remarketing Specialist (Current Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 12, 2014
I have learned so much and finding ways to better myself and my career path. The environment is fast pace and busy so it is easy to focus and get into the work flow. I love that I have expanded my knowledge of everything and being able to learn and apply it to my own life.
Excellent place to work if I wasn't relocating I would not leave
Line Technician (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 12, 2014
Pros: perfect place to work
Cons: can not relocate to certain facilities due to over staffed
We start early as 6am to 2:30pm, then my day begins from stocking in the vehicles to tagging the vehicles. Looking the vehicle over for repairs needed. Test driving the vehicle for any further repairs afterwards entering all the information for parts and work to be done. Then I handle the repairs that needed to be done to completing the work. Assuring the vehicle is in Drivetime standards then on to the next one.

About DriveTime

DriveTime is the nation's largest integrated car dealership and finance company for people in any credit situation. We're in a – Read more

DriveTime Salaries