DriveTime Employee Reviews

Fun atmosphere,great experience builder, small work force, bad work-life balance
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 4, 2014
Pros: benefits, healthcare, wellness programs, 401k match, contests, free lunch, bonuses
Cons: work-life balance, short lunch breaks, after hours work
Typical work day has steady work from start to finish. Opening has reports to generate to track MTD metrics, distributing and contacting new leads, and then submitting sales contracts. The best part is working with customers and making the sale. This is ongoing no matter how much development needs to be accomplished or inventory that needs to be managed or new reports your Market manager requires. Multi tasking and time management is a strong quality from sales managers at drivetime. I have learned a great deal of management experience, corporate politics, time management, team development, and working through adversity. The hardest part is work-life balance. You miss out on a lot of family and friend's events. It is a retail job, so the doors don't close on time if there are customers still in house. Even though it is a large company, each dealership only has 7 to 15 employees. The smaller stores run short staffed with little support and long hours for manager and little opportunities to utilize well earned PTO. I always enjoyed the environment because I was able to create the work environment I enjoyed, by keeping high energy on the floor, fun attitude and staffing the store with the right people.
Fun relaxed environment
Drive Time Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Live Oak, TXOctober 23, 2014
Pros: health benefits, 401 k, and great teamwork.
Cons: finding the balance with family.
A typical day at Drive Time your making making about 40 calls a day to bring in new customers. You are also walking these customers through the Drive Time approval process to find them the perfect vehicle to suite their needs. Fun atmosphere pretty laid back with co-workers and jokes galore. The hardest part about this job is that you can't help everyone who has come up on hard times. On the flip side when you can it's always amazing to see the looks on their faces when they can drive off in their new car.
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Winder, GAOctober 15, 2014
A typical day at was easygoing and fun. Ive learned alot about cars and myself. The management here is awesome. My co-workers are awesome.
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Winder, GAOctober 15, 2014
Used to be a great place to work...!!!
Automotive Tech3 (Former Employee), Midlothian ICOctober 14, 2014
Pros: monday - friday regular schedule
Cons: unethical managentment, cut throat enviroment
Used to a great place to work until new ICGM was promoted and new management team was put in place. Became very cut throat back stabbing hostile environment after that. The GM was racist and very inappropriate. The whole team is unethical and looks for reasons to get rid of anyone he feels as threat to them or stands up for what's right.
ok work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mesa, AZOctober 8, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
unstable during my time with the company but was ok at the time
great
Sales Manager - Phoenix (Current Employee), Mesa, AZOctober 5, 2014
Pros: good
Cons: good
Fun and a great place to learn about business. Management is very supportive.
Productive workplace
Loan Advisor (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
a typical work day is meeting the requirements set by the manger. I learn how to use my listening skills working at this job. My co workers we always supportive when needing help. The hardest part of the job was losing one of the manager that went to work for another company. The most enjoyable part was lunch because the managers would always cook for us.
fast paced office with positive enviroment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Sanford, FLSeptember 23, 2014
challenging job with great rewards... alot of energy and feeling of accomplishment when able to help customers .
Great company with potential to move up
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 23, 2014
Great training and experience. Long hours during tax season but high reward for effort
Great pay, but no work-life balance
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: pay, experience
Cons: long hours!!!!
Working here is great, pays well and allows you to gain different skills to help beyond the workplace. The only downside is that you work so much that you have no time for anything else. Forget about planning things unless it's your day off and be sure to expect to be in the dealership at all hours of the night if need be. Its a job where you must be willing to sacrifice a social life, but will have have money rolling in.
not bad
Lot Attendant (Current Employee), Conway, SCSeptember 17, 2014
not a bad place to work, good benefits but not easy to move up and upper management is unrealistic with expectations
Productive and expanding knowledge
Remarketing Specialist (Current Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 12, 2014
I have learned so much and finding ways to better myself and my career path. The environment is fast pace and busy so it is easy to focus and get into the work flow. I love that I have expanded my knowledge of everything and being able to learn and apply it to my own life.
Excellent place to work if I wasn't relocating I would not leave
Line Technician (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 12, 2014
Pros: perfect place to work
Cons: can not relocate to certain facilities due to over staffed
We start early as 6am to 2:30pm, then my day begins from stocking in the vehicles to tagging the vehicles. Looking the vehicle over for repairs needed. Test driving the vehicle for any further repairs afterwards entering all the information for parts and work to be done. Then I handle the repairs that needed to be done to completing the work. Assuring the vehicle is in Drivetime standards then on to the next one.
Technician/ Artist
Technician/ Independent Pursuits (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 27, 2014
Pros: relaxed work environment, great schedule, great benefits
Cons: poor management, no potential for advancement
I am currently a level one technician at a car dealership. From 6 am to 2:30pm, I spend my day inspecting brake systems on vehicles. I measure the rotors and pads, and record the information into a database, order appropriate parts and make educated decisions based on inspection experience.

Being a technician interests me, but it is not something I can see myself doing longterm. I see a certain creativity in finding solutions to problems when repairing cars but, you are exposed to the elements, near hazardous materials and dangerous equipment, etc.

When I get home I clean up and start my real passion. I sit at my desk and work on designs/ commissioned artwork that I pursued independently. I create logos, portraits and print designs for personal clients, and artwork for art shows. I don't make enough money from this at the moment, but it is what I would do for free all day if I could.

The hours are great, the workplace is relaxed
Extremely Competitive, Self Motivation Required
Loan Advisor (Current Employee), Irving, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: detailed oriented
Cons: self perfectionist
A typical day at work can become cumbersome due to the demand of pace, however as long as you remain focused and driven, you can accomplish the task of completing your assignment of collecting the budget requested.
I've learned how to manage a self made system to accomplish my demand.
I love my-coworkers. They actually make the work fun to do because we love to work as a team.
The hardest part of the job is the monotony of calling the same accounts everyday, hoping for an answer to attempt to collect on a delinquent account.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the reward of compensation if we happen to bonus.
Productive Environment,
Operations Advisor (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch, great healthcare, flexible schedule
Cons: compensation for operations advisor should be at least $15.00hr
Good Company, great schedule, learning environment. Co-workers were helpful and worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was enforcing compliance.
good luck
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 18, 2014
no advancement opps and no loyalty to hard working personal that are there daily.
It was fun making money here.
Sales advisor representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 16, 2014
Long hours, work life balance sucked. The clientele also sucked, most people we sold cars too, had bad attitudes, overall it was unhealthy workplace. Really long hours, the benefits were excellent.
Superb Agency
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Leesburg, FLJuly 9, 2014
LCSO helped shape the person I am today through my work experience in both Corrections and Road Patrol.

About DriveTime

DriveTime is the nation's largest integrated car dealership and finance company for people in any credit situation. We're in a – Read more

DriveTime Salaries