DriveTime

DriveTime Employer Reviews

Growth
Loan Manager/Collection Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 21, 2013
Had a lot of growth with company. Started as a collector and was promoted to manager within 1 yr
Good money if you worked 12+ hours daily
Debt Collector III (Former Employee), Mesa, AZOctober 8, 2013
I did collections. You HAVE to work overtime to hit your goals PERIOD! I have a wife and kids and could not commit to the long hours they wanted me to work. They had MANDATORY overtime at the end of every month no matter if it was a holiday weekend or not. It was hard to request time off without feeling pressured or having your "goals" evaluated over – more... and over again. Nice people to work with. Management was good for me, but not in other departments i hear. I loved hitting bonus and getting a HUGE check but missed the quality time with my family more. – less
Team oriented company with montly bonuses
Auto Collections/Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 8, 2013
Provided excellent customer service while helping customers who pr oactively contacted the company requesting assistance meeting their contract obligations. Attempted to contact customers in all stages of delinquency. Loved working with management & co-workers to develop new techniques for decision making and problem solving.
NA
Senior Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 3, 2013
A great work environment with opportunity for growth. Income is good if in a high volume market. Work life balance is non existent. After promotions expect a 60-70 hour work week.
My work day
Senior Office Coordinator (Former Employee), las angelesSeptember 21, 2013
Responsible for the management, training, and growth of my sub-ordinates and office. Worked with customers, employees, and upper management in supporting dealership operational functions. Maintained consistency in workflow, office organization, and policy administration in my store. Assisted in staff retention by training all new hires, identifying – more... and resolving potential problems and training needs. Assisted Regional Office Coordinator in conducting audits of cash handling, policies, procedures and inventory. Scanned sales paperwork into the system and followed up on missing and incomplete information from discrepancy reports. Received and processed payments from customers, issues receipts, and updated customer accounts accordingly. Paid invoices, created schedules for employees, ordered supplies, conducted yearly evaluations and set up new vendor accounts. Read and recorded totals shown on cash register tape and verified against cash and checks on hand. Balanced cash drawer funds, credit card receipts and prepared deposit at shift-end. – less
Army
Sales Advisor / Loan Financer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 17, 2013
This was a deployment to Iraq and it was a decent deployment. Spent time at Ballad Airbase for the deployment which was well established base.
fun atmosphere
Collections Department / Loan Advisor (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: health benifits and 401 k
Cons: they dont work with your schedule if family events accure.
log in to work and log into the phone and you pull up your vision to pull up the accounts. You are either on the dialer working the que of accounts or your manual and dial telephone numbers that are on the account. You call and collect or make arrangements on the account to bring the account current. We also offer modifications
Be prepared
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: rewards
Cons: may not receive breaks, tedious work
This is not a typical dealership in any way. The work days vary. Depending the on the customers you have, you may leave work on time as scheduled or you may be there until 2 am or even later. Learning to maintain your attitude is what anyone should learn working here. If you can do this regardless of the environment, this makes the job a little enjoyable. – more... Unless you're in management and you're accustomed to working irregular hours, it will take a some time to adjust and you may find yourself regretting the position since there is no work/life balance, hardest part of the job. Depending on your team your work day may go smoothly everyday or you may want to quit, every store is different. Management seems more concerned with the needs of the company but could have a better balance with employee and customer needs fortunately there are members of management (at my particular store) that are awesome. The most enjoyable parts of the day for everyone is making a sale, for yourself, for your team and for the overall budget of the store and helping people. – less
Growth oriented company
SENIOR SALES ADVISOR (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: very interactive work environment
Cons: hours can be long
The most enjoyable part of the job is finding the right vehicle for people's needs.
Great job if you just graduated
Title Clerk/Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Winston Salem, NCAugust 31, 2013
Pros: if we hit budget, we get a bonus. sales contests that include free lunches
Cons: being so busy you don't get breaks, not having enough of a home life
Typically my day starts out making my daily phone calls; I complete anywhere between 60-100 calls a day. When a customer comes in looking to get a car, we go through the process from our get approved form, to bringing back the information to management to finalize the approval. After this we take the customers on a test drive till they select their – more... perfect vehicle. We contact the insurance companies with the customer present so they vehicle can get added. After that all paperwork has been signed and they drive off.
I have learned a lot about customer service. You deal with many different walks of life and you learn to adapt to every situation.
My management team can be hit or miss. There are days we work very well together but then their job titles seem to get to them and they treat you like you will never succeed to their level.
My co-workers are the best part of my job. We interact very well, both on a personal level and a work level. We work off each others strengths and weaknesses to improve our daily goals. We not only work hard, but we get the chance to play hard as well. My co-workers are my second family.
The hardest part of my job is the lack of work/life balance. We work very long hours and we work weekends. It's very rare when I get to see my family and friends. I don't get to see my home in the daylight and I don't get to see my niece and nephew who I feel are growing up too fast. I can't take family vacations during certain months because of tax season and PTO is prohibited.
The enjoyable part of my job is the fact that I'm very good at what I do. I never thought I would be great at selling cars but it comes easy to me. I make very good money and really enjoy helping people get a car they need. – less
Nice work enviroment
Lot Attendant (Current Employee), NCAugust 30, 2013
Pros: free lunch, 401k, healthcare
Cons: complaints from customers
A typical day at work is really nice stress free and busy makes time go by really smooth. Learning new things to better the company and different positions are really excellent. Management is really to the point on things but will always listen to make a job better and always willing to promote to the next level. The hardest part of the job is the hours – more... during the tax season very busy from open to close but at the end of the day you have a customer that left with a smile. The most enjoyable of the job is the team that you work with. – less
Family
AP/Purchasing Manager (Former Employee), Mesa AZAugust 27, 2013
Pros: team work
Cons: management change
A typical day at work would be going to management training or seminars. I was always working on efficiency and building my team. I truly love that job. Co-workers and management were great. Always laughing and enjoying our jobs.. Most enjoyable part of my job was working with others as a team.
Company that has lost its advantage and vision in the market
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee), Winston SalemAugust 27, 2013
Pros: fast paced, fun helping others
Cons: limited time off, culture is declining rapidly, poor vision and management
The company once had a clear vision and purpose in the market. In the last couple of years they have lost that advantage and in-turn demand more and more of their retail team while giving them less and less.
micro managing issues
Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Concord, NCAugust 23, 2013
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: sales managers
sales managers have the problem with micro managing the entire store and manage the office people too much. the office personnel already have a manager and do not need the sales overstepping their bounds. A great company if they could reign in a lot of their sales managers and have them act more professional towards the office coordinators and managers.
Call center environment
Account Rep (Former Employee), Sanford, FLAugust 21, 2013
Work your route (or list of customer). Maker sure time is well managed and goals are achieved.
always moving and always having a good time
Office Manager (Former Employee), New Port Richey, FLAugust 20, 2013
Pros: staff and consumers
staff was wonderful and customers were a real hoot. was like a big family
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 11, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: may never get off when you are suppose too.
- Work over 130 Leads a day
- Learned to help a customer needs
- Great co-workers, more like a team
- selling and washing the car along with changing all price stickers
- My co-workers
Vehicle inspector
Production Technician/Vehicle Inspector (Former Employee), Winder, GAAugust 9, 2013
Performed inspections on over 20 cars a day. Due to conflicting core values and company cutting position.
Great business culture
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCAugust 8, 2013
Great culture and workplace, professional and customer satisifaction is a key component. I thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere and the ability to create joy in a customer's life by assisting in a purchase for themselves or family.
Unfotunately the career growth was not aligned properly the company seems to be at a standstill with positions. It trains – more... very well and has great employees that are knowledgable however that is the reason why the growth is stagnated, theres alot of great talent and not enough positions.
Although I maintained my role for a period of time without the advancement I wanted I still enjoyed my team members and customers. – less
Great entry level company
Loan Advisor/ Supervisor (Current Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 8, 2013
Pros: great compensation
Cons: inflexible scheduling
DriveTime offered a very warm environment. Great place to work for.

About DriveTime

DriveTime is the nation's largest integrated car dealership and finance company for people in any credit situation. We're in a – Read more