DriveTime Employee Reviews in United States

Fun and great place to work.
Sublet Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Independence MOSeptember 22, 2015
I negotiate with vendors on prices to complete production on cars. Management is great to work for. Co-workers are really caring people.
Pros
Great Benefits
Opportunity
Cyclops Review Team (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 18, 2015
Drive Time is willing to let you more around and advance, however, it might take a bit of time to get where you really want to be.
Pros
Good work atmosphere and friendly coworkers.
Cons
Pay can be below average even with a college degree.
fun place to work
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  MOSeptember 14, 2015
the work life balance is hard for people with younger kids. loved all the customers and work.
love working with my coworkers its a family environment
Pros
salary
Cons
hours
Free job , nice environment
Collection Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 10, 2015
I worked with customer every day on the their delinquent car loans , helping them to bring current and offered several programs to them . Worked closely with the General Manager to make sure we did not have a lot of cars return to the dealership for non payment .
Pros
monthly bounes, monthly awards
Cons
customers was ruded
It was a somewhat exciting job to have.
Lot Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2015
There would be days when we would be swarmed with customers cars coming back for batteries, bulbs, cosmetic things which kept us busy.
Awful
inventory associate 2 (Former Employee) –  West palm beach FLAugust 31, 2015
Don't work here. You will be taking advantage of people who are already struggling cars are trash over priced and sold to people with bad credit who will fail to pay and the cars will come back through over and over. management sucks they don't care, promise of promotions but if your not in the group you will get looked over. this company should be closed. it makes me sick how this company rips people off.
Pros
hours
High Stress environment
Underwriting Review specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 25, 2015
The company tends to lay off people like crazy....and then go on a major hiring spree weeks later. Also, the salary is not comparable to competing lenders.
Pros
convenient location
Cons
salary, job stability
Fun workplace!
SALES ADVISER/ UNDERWRITER (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAAugust 23, 2015
Drive Time is a fun place to work at with great people. The demand on you time especially during the tax season can which is about five months can be hard if you are family oriented, but this is when you make your money. The commissions along with the salary pay is awesome. You must have great sales skills or you won't make money.
Pros
Free lunch or breakfast 3-4 times weekly
Cons
No breaks, eat on the go
Busy place
General Manager (Current Employee) –  DCAugust 18, 2015
Offers great programs to individuals who in needs to own a car. Great people to work with. long working hours. Happy environment
Fun, relaxed work environment
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 17, 2015
Drivetime provides great opportunity for those starting their IT careers a terrific launching pad for interesting roles.Excellent place for new college grad to launch their career.
Nice family time environment. Can improve employee satisfaction by providing better time off policy (No unscheduled/sick) hours. Vacation extremely limited. Remote work opportunity will bring greater quality talent which doesn't current exist.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
No sick time, no remote work opportunity
Great Start Out of College
Sales & Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 11, 2015
No work life balance. Compared to other car dealerships pay is low, and bonuses/commissions are almost unattainable.
good school job.
Dealership Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2015
very unorganized. needs alot of help with bringing this dealership back up to pare.this is a good job if you are in school. need a degree for any other part of the dealership.
Pros
come and go as i please
Customer driven and fun place to work
Senior Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 15, 2015
Determined work procedures and prepared work schedules; trained new office coordinators
Managed daily sales goals and credit performance
Delivered superior client and customer service
Pros
free food
Cons
healthcare and pay
Inexperienced upper managment. Outdated equipment.
Command Center Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2015
The benefits are good, but just don't make up for the lack of growth of the company. Upper management is stuck in their ways of doing everything the old way. Everyone must work in the office, everyone is salaried, everyone must work an eight hour work day (and then some), they are not afraid to take advantage of the salaried policy and you are expected to work more than 40 hours a week, equipment is outdated. Upper management does not listen to any advice given by subordinates. The bigger they get the worse it becomes. Avoid this company.They'll try to sell you on the perks, but the perks do not outway the negatives.
Benefits
Cons
Mentioned in review
Great Environment and People
Title Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 1, 2015
DriveTime was an exciting work place. The people are very friendly and teamwork is amazing! Hardest part of my job was tax season because the inventory would triple and the work load increased by 4.
Most enjoyable part is the teamwork. It showed me that teamwork can really get the job done. Our hard work was rewarded with lots of treats and team building exercises.
Pros
Fun Days, Spirit Weeks and The Amazing Cultue
Cons
Communication between management and employees could be a little better.
Wonderful Company with excellent benefits
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJune 30, 2015
Drive time was a great place to work. They had wonderful benefits as well as competitive wages. The hours worked perfect with my personal life style. Co-workers were great. The best part of my job was the ability to work fast and stay busy. The hardest part of my job was working with the sun beating down on you, or working in ice storms.
Pros
hours of operation
Cons
weather conditions
Expect to walk into a fun environment built on open, friendly relationships.
Financing Manager/Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Torrance CAJune 24, 2015
Day in and day out when coming in to work, I come to a team that has demonstrated to me that they can be reliable in achieving growth within themselves personally and through their career. Although I am the manager at the dealership, I feel my team respects my decisions, yet does not feel as though I pull my rank on them. They know as long as we all work our heart out to do our job together, then we will all be successful.
It is a great place to work.
OA (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILJune 23, 2015
I feel challenged and accepted within the office culture. I am never bored and have consistent work to do. I process the title work and finances. Stressful but fun!
Pros
Sometimes we get free lunch
Cons
N/A
Overall good company
Lot Technician (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 16, 2015
Great company if you have the desire and will power to move through the ranks. The pay is a little lop sided and questionable
Good people to work with
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 15, 2015
If you want a base pay and smaller commission for stability this place is for you. Takes a while to move up and the day to day can be challenging but overall good place to be.