Drug Enforcement Administration

Paralegal Specialist (Former Employee), Arlington, VAApril 13, 2014
Paralegal Specialist for the Asst Forfeiture Division at DEA
Excellent and challenging
Contractor Paralegal (Former Employee), Providence, RIJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: helping society
Cons: not a government employee
I was a contracting employee for the government assigned tot he Asset Forfeiture Unit. We seized assets from drug dealers and forfeited them to the U.S. Government. I felt like I was making a difference in society at this job. I was helping with the war against drugs.. Every 4 years the contract would be up for rebidding and sometimes the company who – more... had the contract would not be awarded the contract again and would be awarded to another company. So I was an employee to the contract and not the companies. To pay the salaries to have this work the salaries of contract employees came from the seized asset fund, these funds could not be paid directly to government employees therefore you could not become a government employee and work for this unit. – less
Administrative & Budget Analyst (Former Employee), Nogales, AZDecember 19, 2013
Pros: all good
As long as you were able to do your work and take care of all your responsiblities, your supervisor will leave you alone.
VERY PRODUCTIVE
Personnel Security Assistant/ Data Technician II (Current Employee), Arlington, VADecember 13, 2013
Pros: fun, enjoyable
Cons: breaks, team work
MY TYPICAL DAY AT WORK (GREAT NO COMPLAINTS) I WENT IN EVERYDAY WORKED ON MY DAILY TASK. I LEARN HOW TO DO WORK INTO e-QIP; JSTARS, etc... I had an excellent trainer. I enjoyed with my co-workers. Once I learn how to run credit reports, investigations etc. I had no problem because my trainer was very detail. Once I start doing the job hands on it became – more... clear – less
Awesome Place
All-Source Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2013
Great place to work. You do not need to know what I do as it is classified. So I will put as many words in here until it allows me to go forward.
Productive work place
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Brownsville,TXNovember 21, 2013
A typical day at work is providing case support to DEA Special agents and Task Force Officers. I have learned to use DEA data bases used t provide intel and case support. I have a great working relationship with all co-workers. The hardest part of my job has been having to deploy overseas since I am still serving. The most enjoyable part of my job is – more... being able to assist DEA and disrupting Drug trafficking Organizations. – less
Bureaucratic
Criminal Investigator/Recruitment (Former Employee), Weston, FLNovember 15, 2013
In the beginning, the job/mission was enjoyable and productive. Now it is a bureaucratic nightmare.
Productive, Safe environment and Fun
Security Technician (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAOctober 24, 2013
Productive, Safe environment and Fun. Worked under pressure and stress at times very well.
MANY DIFFICULT AND CHALLENGING SITUATIONS
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE (Former Employee), SEATTLE, WAOctober 16, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: stressful environment put many people on edge
I ENJOYED MY 20 YRS WITH THE AGENCY. I WAS SUPPORT STAFF AND DEALT WITH A VARIETY OF PEOPLE AND SITUATIONS. BACKGROUND CHECKS, RETRIEVING DATA AND ANSWERING MANY PHONE CALLS.
Excellent Co. with excellent benefits; retired after 32 years 8 months.deral service.
Diversion Investigator (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: great benefits
A typical day at work was from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
Worked in conjunction with other state and local law enforcement agencies. Led and trained seven junior investigators on high end criminal and civil investigations. I conducted complex regulatory and scheduled investigations. I prepared Administrative and Seizure Warrants. I testified under oath in – more... Administrative hearings and criminal court cases. I received numerous Performance Awards for Dedication to Duty and Outstanding Contributions, and Awards for Exceptional Effort and Professionalism in the Performance of duties. I served as the Acting Group Supervisor where I approved reports; memorandums, warrants, and approved submitted leave request. I coordinated investigation; analyzed data, reports, and evidence. I maintained, researched, and reviewed case files, along with gathering information to solve the investigations that resulted in criminal and civil fines. I enjoyed working for the federal government while maintaining my integrity, and commitment to service and my government. I retired after 32 years and 8 months federal service. I had a great management team along with great co-worker. – less
Highly Rewarding Law Enforcement Opportunity
Intern/Student Volunteer (Former Employee), Toledo, OHSeptember 5, 2013
There were no typical days of work at the DEA. Each day brought new challenges and opportunities to learn. I worked with some of the best law enforcement individuals in the country and got to experience first-hand what it was like to be a DEA agent. The men and women I worked for/with were incredibly intelligent and full of integrity and ensured my – more... safety at all times.

The position included sometimes being put in unpredictable and possibly dangerous situations and often being around sensitive documents, information and evidence as well as dangerous criminals and suspects.

I learned a great deal about law enforcement at this job and I also learned about the collaborative efforts that it takes between different people and teams in order to accomplish a goal. – less
Challenging work with rewarding results.
Supervisory Special Agent (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 28, 2013
Pros: great camaraderie
Cons: crime does not take a holiday
Challenging investigative work involving report writing and review. A team atmosphere is prevelent and essential for the success of the case work. Although it entails long hours from time to time the rewards are very satisfying. To coin the Navy phrase, "It's not just a job, it's an adventure.
Dynamic and Challenging Work Environment
Criminal Investigator (Current Employee), Special Operations Division / Chantilly (VA)August 17, 2013
Pros: the ability to use my imagination (and that of others) to accomplish our operational objectives, the opportunity to work with extremely talented colleagues and foreign national police forces, and, a tremendous amount of autonomy.
Cons: none. i truly enjoy my job and appreciate my management team.
I am currently assigned to the DEA's Special Operations Division - Bi-lateral Investigations Group targeting International Drug Trafficking Organizations (DTO) and Narco-Terrorist Organizations (NTO) based outside the United States, but impact the national interests and security of the United States. I manage and direct numerous human sources; employ – more... clandestine trade craft; employ current technology; and, plan, coordinate and execute complex undercover operations.

Every day is unique and presents new challenges; every day is a learning experience. – less
Productive workplace
Data Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 16, 2013
On a day to day basis case file research and input is a big part of my tasks here. Working here has really helped me hone in on attention to detail. I spend majority of my day working on research analysis and data entry for all cases that flow within my office/division.
Great career
Special Agent (Former Employee), New York, Lima Peru and El Paso TxAugust 15, 2013
I had a great 25 year career. I was able to do many things that one would see in a movie or read in an action book.
Engaging and friendly work space
STUDENT VOLUNTEER INTERN (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 11, 2013
Pros: friendly atmosphere, strong attraction to team work
Cons: short breaks
workplace aimed at team work and one mission that everyone works towards. Extremely friendly and welcoming work space.
Contractor (Current Employee), Arlington, VAMarch 30, 2013
Pros: exciting work
Cons: the commute
Great people, cutting edge investigations and operations
Great individuals and mission
Chief of Public Affairs (Former Employee), Arlington, VAMarch 10, 2013
The DEA has many wonderful people and it truly feels like a family.
Excellent Rewarding Agency
Section Chief (Current Employee), Lorton, VAFebruary 15, 2013
The DEA provides an individual with rare opportunities to travel domestically, as well as internationally making a difference in the lives of the people we come in contact with. A single mission agency dedicated to the enforcement of the nations federal drug laws.
Productive and enjoyable occupation
Volunteer (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: helping others, diversity, education, personal and professional growth
Cons: difficult patients
The most enjoyable part of Being a Certified nursing assistant is the gratification that i receive in knowing that I have participated in the rehabilitation of individual/patients health.