Drug Enforcement Administration Employee Reviews

Great career
Special Agent (Current Employee) –  ArizonaMay 20, 2017
Very rewarding, incredible very exciting career. Given every opportunity to excel and develop with a lot of advancement opportunity. Assignment along the southwest border is an advantage.
productive, and always something to learn
Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 9, 2017
learned a lot and a lot of safety tips . I did a lot of office work but was around a lot of information that was useful. I met alot of people and lerned how to work in a different work environment that I never have befoe.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 17, 2017
A very productive company, the people here are very friendly and helpful. The environment is a family atmosphere and very focused on providing excellent service and product. The hardest part of the job is staying on top of multiple tasks. However, if you're organized you will have no problem.
A Great Place to Work.
Basic Agent Trainee (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI 48226April 10, 2017
A very professional work environment where everyone holds themselves to the highest standard of work ethic and integrity. It was a privilege to work with this agency.
Complex Federal Investigations
Federal Agent - Regional Enforcement Team (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 5, 2017
I conducted complex investigations in domestic and international settings utilizing advanced federal investigative techniques to bring positive outcomes in federal cases.
We have the chance to learn every day
Secretary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRJanuary 25, 2017
I learn a lot about the English language and also learn about how work with different personalities characters as a group with the same goal, mission and vision.
Professional
Task Force Agent (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 22, 2017
Worked with the Drug Enforcement Administration as a municipal police officer assigned as a task force agent. Conducted narcotics trafficing at a major airport. DEA is an extremely professional agency with the highest standards of law enforcement.
Great work environment
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 31, 2016
The organization overall has nice people and is a fun place to work. The work load is manageable and there are lots of opportunities for advancement.
Busy Position
Investigative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sweetwater, FlJune 21, 2016
My workday involves maintaining files and filing, preparation of reports, assisting agents and other investigative assistants when needed, maintaining office supplies. The environment is pleasant to work in, everyone respects each other and gets along and are very cooperative with each other. The travel is quite far and the hardest part. Most enjoyable part is to work with a dynamic of federal criminal investigators who care about their jobs.
Tough Work, Vital Mission
Special Agent, United States Department of Justice (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 13, 2016
The jog is hard and dangerous. The DEA requires your heart and soul to do a good job. It is not a 9 to 5 job. We work long hours and many times other law enforcement agencies asked us for help because they do not have the resources to combat drug trafficking in their cities or towns. We enjoy a good reputation in most of the states I have lived and worked.
Pros
Dangerous Work
Cons
Fast paced, diversified work environment
ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2016
Busy, prioritizing work
Collaborating and communicating with co-worker from different cultural backgrounds
Hardest task was certifying payment transactions in a timely manner, and making sure the discrepancies are zero to none.
Pros
Federal Government
Cons
Politics within the agency.
Challenging and vital work
Intelligence Chief (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2016
DEA is a single mission federal agency and everyday can be different. From overseeing a staff of 40 unique individuals and responding to requests Senior Executives to briefing foreign delegations, and working with stakeholders on drug policies makes everyday a new adventure. There is no typical day. One must remain fluid to deal with co-workers, peers, bosses, and stakeholders.
Experienced Analyst
Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Merrifield, VAApril 19, 2016
Great place to work. Great workers and environment is wonderful. I would recommend current position and company to friends/family looking for a job involving intelligence
Pros
N.A
Cons
N.A
Excellent career with good benefits
Special Agent (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 30, 2016
DEA is an exciting and rewarding career that has also been frustrating and exasperating as well. As in any large corporation, bureaucracy or agency, DEA has some excellent managers and also some terrible managers. It's still evolving and the DEA that I joined in 1996 is not the same DEA that it is today nor will it be the same DEA 20 years from now. The benefits and retirement package for all federal employees is also changing and not as rewarding as it was for me or the generation of employees that retired under the CSRS system.
Government
SUPPLY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 2, 2016
I worked for Drug Enforcement Administration for 30 years. I had the pleasure to work with some of the greatest people. DEA is one of the best government agencies to work for.
Great team
System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 14, 2016
Very good team to work with. Great people. Awesome training. Great experience. I enjoyed my time there and would recommend them to others.
Interesting
Training Technician, GS (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VADecember 5, 2015
I liked working with DEA. Working there was a completely different atmosphere (as to what I had previously). Some of the administrative staff could be catty, but overall I enjoyed my job!
Pros
job security, a new thing every day
Cons
team-work
Government jobs
Investigative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 10, 2015
Government jobs are all what you make it to be. I enjoyed my time but there was no where for me to move up in anymore unless I apply to a different job within the organization. And with all the budget cuts there were no openings I could apply to.
A great agency to work for
Secretary (OA) GS (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 16, 2015
I enjoyed working for this agency and I received advancement in my field. I was given opportunities to attend seminars and classes to advance my career.
Pros
We had many perks to help us save money.
Cons
Just the security aspects.
Manage and coordinate complex international investigations
Assistant Special Agent in Charge (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 14, 2015
Leading federal law enforcement agency investigating transnational organized crime, using cutting edge technology. Motivated employees serving the United States.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Drug Enforcement Administration. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4