Drug Enforcement Administration Employee Reviews in United States

Busy Position
Investigative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sweetwater, FlJune 21, 2016
My workday involves maintaining files and filing, preparation of reports, assisting agents and other investigative assistants when needed, maintaining office supplies. The environment is pleasant to work in, everyone respects each other and gets along and are very cooperative with each other. The travel is quite far and the hardest part. Most enjoyable part is to work with a dynamic of federal criminal investigators who care about their jobs.
Tough Work, Vital Mission
Special Agent, United States Department of Justice (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 13, 2016
The jog is hard and dangerous. The DEA requires your heart and soul to do a good job. It is not a 9 to 5 job. We work long hours and many times other law enforcement agencies asked us for help because they do not have the resources to combat drug trafficking in their cities or towns. We enjoy a good reputation in most of the states I have lived and worked.
Pros
Dangerous Work
Challenging and vital work
Intelligence Chief (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2016
DEA is a single mission federal agency and everyday can be different. From overseeing a staff of 40 unique individuals and responding to requests Senior Executives to briefing foreign delegations, and working with stakeholders on drug policies makes everyday a new adventure. There is no typical day. One must remain fluid to deal with co-workers, peers, bosses, and stakeholders.
Excellent career with good benefits
Special Agent (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 30, 2016
DEA is an exciting and rewarding career that has also been frustrating and exasperating as well. As in any large corporation, bureaucracy or agency, DEA has some excellent managers and also some terrible managers. It's still evolving and the DEA that I joined in 1996 is not the same DEA that it is today nor will it be the same DEA 20 years from now. The benefits and retirement package for all federal employees is also changing and not as rewarding as it was for me or the generation of employees that retired under the CSRS system.
Fast paced, diversified work environment
ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2016
Busy, prioritizing work
Collaborating and communicating with co-worker from different cultural backgrounds
Hardest task was certifying payment transactions in a timely manner, and making sure the discrepancies are zero to none.
Pros
Federal Government
Cons
Politics within the agency.
Experienced Analyst
Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Merrifield, VAApril 19, 2016
Great place to work. Great workers and environment is wonderful. I would recommend current position and company to friends/family looking for a job involving intelligence
Pros
N.A
Cons
N.A
Government
SUPPLY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 2, 2016
I worked for Drug Enforcement Administration for 30 years. I had the pleasure to work with some of the greatest people. DEA is one of the best government agencies to work for.
Interesting
Training Technician, GS (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VADecember 5, 2015
I liked working with DEA. Working there was a completely different atmosphere (as to what I had previously). Some of the administrative staff could be catty, but overall I enjoyed my job!
Pros
job security, a new thing every day
Cons
team-work
Great team
System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 14, 2016
Very good team to work with. Great people. Awesome training. Great experience. I enjoyed my time there and would recommend them to others.
Government jobs
Investigative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 10, 2015
Government jobs are all what you make it to be. I enjoyed my time but there was no where for me to move up in anymore unless I apply to a different job within the organization. And with all the budget cuts there were no openings I could apply to.
Manage and coordinate complex international investigations
Assistant Special Agent in Charge (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 14, 2015
Leading federal law enforcement agency investigating transnational organized crime, using cutting edge technology. Motivated employees serving the United States.
A great agency to work for
Secretary (OA) GS (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 16, 2015
I enjoyed working for this agency and I received advancement in my field. I was given opportunities to attend seminars and classes to advance my career.
Pros
We had many perks to help us save money.
Cons
Just the security aspects.
excellent
program assistant (Former Employee) –  miami flAugust 17, 2015
Excellent place to work for with room for growth and advancement. Great hours, great days off. Learned various aspects of this particular sector
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
Very nice place to work!
Investigative Assistant, DEA (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2015
Great place to work! The only problem is no advancement because of Veteran's preference. The people are nice, environment is good, management is approachable and very fair.
An organization with a clear mission and team approach
Records Examiner (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 18, 2015
Wonderful agency with a clear mission. An inclusive team approach helped to tackle new challenges.
Difficulties arise from lack of funding and changing management structure. These challenges are met with the dedication of staff.
Pros
An inclusive culture
Cons
frequent management changes
Excellant Career
Supervisory Special Agent (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 14, 2015
My 28 years has been a great journey in federal law enforcement. I am very proud to have served this country in the war on drugs.
nice place to work but no real advancement oportuities
Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 24, 2015
transmit messages and maintain operational connection with other branches of government. filing hard copy messages for department personal to pick up.
Great work environment
Spanish linguist/Transcriber (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 24, 2015
Spanish translating, good work environment, enjoyed traveling and meeting people. Good pay and overtime at times. Learn about different aspects of the Spanish/English slang in different parts of the states.
Dea
Diversions Clerk (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2015
Great Job!! The mission of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) is to enforce the controlled substances laws and regulations of the United States and bring to the criminal and civil justice system of the United States, or any other competent jurisdiction, those organizations and principal members of organizations, involved in the growing, manufacture, or distribution of controlled substances appearing in or destined for illicit traffic in the United States; and to recommend and support non-enforcement programs aimed at reducing the availability of illicit controlled substances on the domestic and international markets. It is a government job and it has it PERKS but there are also cons.. But its a great job!
Counter Intelligence Intern
Counterintelligence Intern (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 7, 2015
I completed a great deal of online training which included: DEA environmental Management Systems Awareness training, Department of Justice Continuity of Overview (COOP), and Records and Information Management (RIM) online training. I assisted the counter intelligence section leaders in collaboration of counter-terrorism efforts.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
commute

4.4