Drug Enforcement Administration

Drug Enforcement Administration Employer Reviews

Excellent Co. with excellent benefits; retired after 32 years 8 months.deral service.
Diversion Investigator (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: great benefits
A typical day at work was from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
Worked in conjunction with other state and local law enforcement agencies. Led and trained seven junior investigators on high end criminal and civil investigations. I conducted complex regulatory and scheduled investigations. I prepared Administrative and Seizure Warrants. I testified under oath in – more... Administrative hearings and criminal court cases. I received numerous Performance Awards for Dedication to Duty and Outstanding Contributions, and Awards for Exceptional Effort and Professionalism in the Performance of duties. I served as the Acting Group Supervisor where I approved reports; memorandums, warrants, and approved submitted leave request. I coordinated investigation; analyzed data, reports, and evidence. I maintained, researched, and reviewed case files, along with gathering information to solve the investigations that resulted in criminal and civil fines. I enjoyed working for the federal government while maintaining my integrity, and commitment to service and my government. I retired after 32 years and 8 months federal service. I had a great management team along with great co-worker. – less
Highly Rewarding Law Enforcement Opportunity
Intern/Student Volunteer (Former Employee), Toledo, OHSeptember 5, 2013
There were no typical days of work at the DEA. Each day brought new challenges and opportunities to learn. I worked with some of the best law enforcement individuals in the country and got to experience first-hand what it was like to be a DEA agent. The men and women I worked for/with were incredibly intelligent and full of integrity and ensured my – more... safety at all times.

The position included sometimes being put in unpredictable and possibly dangerous situations and often being around sensitive documents, information and evidence as well as dangerous criminals and suspects.

I learned a great deal about law enforcement at this job and I also learned about the collaborative efforts that it takes between different people and teams in order to accomplish a goal. – less
Challenging work with rewarding results.
Supervisory Special Agent (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 28, 2013
Pros: great camaraderie
Cons: crime does not take a holiday
Challenging investigative work involving report writing and review. A team atmosphere is prevelent and essential for the success of the case work. Although it entails long hours from time to time the rewards are very satisfying. To coin the Navy phrase, "It's not just a job, it's an adventure.
Dynamic and Challenging Work Environment
Criminal Investigator (Current Employee), Special Operations Division / Chantilly (VA)August 17, 2013
Pros: the ability to use my imagination (and that of others) to accomplish our operational objectives, the opportunity to work with extremely talented colleagues and foreign national police forces, and, a tremendous amount of autonomy.
Cons: none. i truly enjoy my job and appreciate my management team.
I am currently assigned to the DEA's Special Operations Division - Bi-lateral Investigations Group targeting International Drug Trafficking Organizations (DTO) and Narco-Terrorist Organizations (NTO) based outside the United States, but impact the national interests and security of the United States. I manage and direct numerous human sources; employ – more... clandestine trade craft; employ current technology; and, plan, coordinate and execute complex undercover operations.

Every day is unique and presents new challenges; every day is a learning experience. – less
Productive workplace
Data Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 16, 2013
On a day to day basis case file research and input is a big part of my tasks here. Working here has really helped me hone in on attention to detail. I spend majority of my day working on research analysis and data entry for all cases that flow within my office/division.
Great career
Special Agent (Former Employee), New York, Lima Peru and El Paso TxAugust 15, 2013
I had a great 25 year career. I was able to do many things that one would see in a movie or read in an action book.
Engaging and friendly work space
STUDENT VOLUNTEER INTERN (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 11, 2013
Pros: friendly atmosphere, strong attraction to team work
Cons: short breaks
workplace aimed at team work and one mission that everyone works towards. Extremely friendly and welcoming work space.
Contractor (Current Employee), Arlington, VAMarch 30, 2013
Pros: exciting work
Cons: the commute
Great people, cutting edge investigations and operations
Great individuals and mission
Chief of Public Affairs (Former Employee), Arlington, VAMarch 10, 2013
The DEA has many wonderful people and it truly feels like a family.
Productive and enjoyable occupation
Volunteer (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: helping others, diversity, education, personal and professional growth
Cons: difficult patients
The most enjoyable part of Being a Certified nursing assistant is the gratification that i receive in knowing that I have participated in the rehabilitation of individual/patients health.
High profile and demanding, good benefits, travel and pay
Special Agent (Former Employee), Miami, Fl,, etcSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: good benefits and travel
Cons: long hours, travel hard for relationships
The hours can be long and erratic. Oppotunities for advancement and travel. Varies post to post
Exciting Career
Special Agent (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 31, 2012
Pros: flexible and stable
Cons: demanding hours
This career allows you to live overseas, acquire a language and become a productive part of society
An exciting and fast-paced place to work with great people
Student Clerk / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 29, 2012
Very hard to get into, but if you have the right qualifications and are looking for a great government job, this is it.
Internship
Internship (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 12, 2012
As an intern for the Drug Enforcement Administration I have used my educational experiences, knowledge and skills in the workplace. I assisted in the office and in the field.
First job out of college
Accounting Technician (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAAugust 8, 2012
Pros: great location, great co-workers
Cons: no room for growth
Great first job out of college, however, being a contractor there is no room for growth.
Great Company for a career.
CLERK TYPIST (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 26, 2012
Pros: great career
Cons: nothing bad to say
Very interesting place to work. They really make you feel part of a family not just a team.
Contractor (Former Employee), Providence, Rhode IslandJune 4, 2012
Productive, Making a difference, and life time career.
Asset Forfeiture Specialist
professional
Student-Aide/Clerk (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 28, 2012
completed daily administrative responsibilities with the asset removal group in the DEA.
DEA Retired
Supervisory Special Agent (Former Employee), Atlanta/Chicago/Miami/Houston/Spain/DEA Hqts.May 4, 2012
Pros: good retirement and medical insurance
Cons: long hours and, as a result, meals with negative nutritional value.
DEA is an organization of dedicated professionals who are highly trained and motivated. It is an organization dedicated to the prevention and,one day, elimination of illegal drugs in our country and on an internatonal level.
It is a rewarding career for a young man or woman who is interested in drug enforcement.
DEA
Mail and File Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2011
Pros: felt valued as employee
Best place I ever worked. Opportunities and seminars offered for advancement. Would love to return to agency (Miami, FL/Weston). No longer living in Atlanta.