Drug Enforcement Administration Employee Reviews in United States

Intelligence Analyst
Intelligence Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2015
Supported the Special Agents on Drug Task Force operations. I was at the DEA Academy in Quantico, VA.

Used IBM i2 Analyst Notebook
Pros
real-life operations
Cons
very difficult work environment
Great work environment
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 10, 2015
A great work environment! Managers are supportive and there are many opportunities for advancement around the world.
Pros
opportunities for advancement
Cons
n/a
Dea
Diversions Clerk (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2015
Great Job!! The mission of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) is to enforce the controlled substances laws and regulations of the United States and bring to the criminal and civil justice system of the United States, or any other competent jurisdiction, those organizations and principal members of organizations, involved in the growing, manufacture, or distribution of controlled substances appearing in or destined for illicit traffic in the United States; and to recommend and support non-enforcement programs aimed at reducing the availability of illicit controlled substances on the domestic and international markets. It is a government job and it has it PERKS but there are also cons.. But its a great job!
I like my job...
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 11, 2015
I'm in my 12th year working for my company and am very satisfied. As with any company there are highs and lows but we have a great staff and good management who continue to try to encourage, maintain and improve morale.
Counter Intelligence Intern
Counterintelligence Intern (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 7, 2015
I completed a great deal of online training which included: DEA environmental Management Systems Awareness training, Department of Justice Continuity of Overview (COOP), and Records and Information Management (RIM) online training. I assisted the counter intelligence section leaders in collaboration of counter-terrorism efforts.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
commute
Great job lots of knowledge gained working here
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 26, 2015
come into work get purchase orders ready, talk to clients about previous order purchased. While here I learned how to be a leader, the hardest bout my job is learning new software's with combining them with correspondence reports. The best part of my job is getting the task done.
Job not secure
Paralegal III, Legal Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 14, 2015
The forfeiture program needs improvement. I have been working there little over 3 years.
I perform complex legal research, analysis, and review in support of the forfeiture work, including case law research and slip opinions by utilizing a variety of automated legal research tools as well as public information databases and other automated resources to research case or program-specific legal matters and to participate in assigned areas of criminal or civil proceedings; electronic discovery;
Drug Task Force
Document & Media Exploitation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 9, 2015
In this environment we are surrounded by experienced, astute, and visionary leaders. DEA has a proven record of performance in leading cross-divisional criminal and intelligence operationsl. Our group is very persuasive and diplomatic in presenting to and interfacing with international organizations, top technical experts as well as federal, state and local agencies.
Pros
great networking
Cons
can be challenging with the amount of case work
Outstanding personnel to work with
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE (Former Employee) –  DEA Training Academy, Quantico, VirginiaNovember 11, 2014
I directed over ten DEA personnel in the International Training Section, DEA Training Academy, Quantico, Virginia. The individuals I worked with were hard working, professional and very skilled in their respective areas of responsibility.

Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed traveling overseas and sharing my thirty years of experience in law enforcement with foreign counterparts. I also enjoyed providing insight for managers on how to be more effective leaders.
DEA has a family environment and people really want to do the right thing.
Criminal Investigator-GS 15 Section Chief (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 30, 2014
Each day is quite different as we deal with multiple Critical Incidents. DEA is a relatively a small enforcement agency but is the best in the world in what we do. Management is not just a bunch of paper pushers that moved up the chain. Most have done the job prior to taking management positions at DEA Headquarters through direct enforcement experience.

The people are great at all levels and not your typical government agency, maybe due to our small size. My bias of course, but I believe DEA has the best Criminal Investigators in the world. I would say the same about our Intelligence Analysts. I highly respect our upper management. Except for the commute, I enjoy going to work each day. Its the people that make this job most enjoyable.
The hardest part of the job is when we have an employee injured or killed. My team and I react, sometimes without emotion, but internally we are all hurting..

As an agency we are truly a family, and that starts from the top down.
Pros
everything i have mentioned above. its a great agency filled with brave men and women.
Cons
commute to work.
Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 27, 2014
The work life balance at this company worked well with me also attending my graduate program.
Excellent Employer
Confidential Source Manager and Acting Unit Chief (Current Employee) –  New EnglandOctober 23, 2014
Excellent employer. Strongly recomment to seek employement with them.
Great for entry levels but difficult to grow within the company
Network Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 19, 2014
Graduated with a Bachelor's in Info Systems and was able to land this job to gain my first hands-on IT experience.

You're either imaging computers at the warehouse or on travel at a worksite (somewhere within the US) to install computers. You gain basic network and troubleshooting skills but, nothing too complex like installing peripherals and training users on how to use their devices. Basically, you're main job is to install which becomes repetitive after a while.

Traveling is probably the best part of the job because you are on your own which means you can gain some time, management, and leadership skills.
Pros
travel, teamwork
Cons
benefits, salary, promotions, recognition
Amazing environment to work at
Telecommunications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 8, 2014
Worked hand in hand with DEA specials agents. I learned alot from the agents to get my work done on a daily basis
Busy
Special Agent (Current Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TexasSeptember 17, 2014
The job was fun and I was always busy. I do not like the location of the job. I learned a lot from the job. I loved my co workers and management.
Productive and laid back
Financial Investigations Team Intern (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 19, 2014
A typical day included working on cases and further developing progress in a relaxed environment
Dea
Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 23, 2014
I've worked here for almost 6yrs in various positions and I've learned a lot. You learn how to work with different types of people, different job duties, how to network, but for the most part everyone is like family. I've enjoyed working here and will continue to work here for as long as I can.
Pros
flexiblity, aws schedule, telework (depending on the office)
Intern
Accounting Technician/Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 10, 2014
My job was to assist all ensential staff with doing their jobs more efficiently.
Good days
DATA SECURITY TECHNICIAN II (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 3, 2014
Very balanced days and very busy work loads. Coworkers are friendly and supportive. Management can be sketchy at times
DEA is the best Federal law Enforcement agency.
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXMay 28, 2014
DEA is the world's premier anti-narcotic agency with positions in 57 countries.
Pros
world travel ; solving international investigations
Cons
too much travel sometimes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Drug Enforcement Administration. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4