DRURY HOTELS Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company
House Keeper (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MOApril 15, 2016
This is the best company I have ever worked for. They care about their employees which makes a good, fun, healthy work environment. Happy employees tend to work better and I can say I work with an amazing team at Drury Inn & Suites, Arnold, MO!
Pros
benefits, perks, great team, constructive critisism
Cons
stressful job but worth it
Positive work enviroment
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  IndianaApril 5, 2016
Management and team members were always welcoming and supportive. Like being a part of the family. Good benefits and flexible with scheduling.
Pros
friendly positive work enviroment
Cons
non
A workplace where you feel like family
Kickback Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 26, 2016
Working for this company was fairly interesting because who knew a workplace could feel like home & welcoming. I've worked with many great people.
Learning Experience
GUEST SERVICES SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 18, 2016
Guests are always my first priority and it was interesting to learn the operations side of hotel culture. I am a quick learner and earned certifications in all departments.
Cons
No Breaks
construction/Demolition
Assist construction (Former Employee) –  Valley Park, MOMarch 17, 2016
Assist construction site workers with cleaning up and demolition of area.The workers was nice and taught me things I did not know.
Pros
pay
Cons
temp
good job
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, MO 63144March 1, 2016
i love this job but i think its time for me to find something that is going to challenge my mind and help me progress into something higher
Maintenance Technician
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 25, 2016
Maintenance Dept/HVAC Tech - Duties included installing and servicing commercial and residential refrigeration equipment, industrial size chillers and boilers, heat pump PTAC units, ice makers, commercial and residential plumbing.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Home away from home to our special guests
Chef (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJanuary 24, 2016
I'm responsible for cooking and preparing delicious food for our guests at the Drury. Once breakfast is served, I mingle throughout the morning with the guests and make sure their stay is comfortable.
Love
House Keeper (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MOJanuary 23, 2016
This is a great company to work for, I am just ready for a more professional job, as I have graduated college. I work under great bosses whom are motivating and positive. I love the Drury atmosphere!
Great work enviroment.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Festus, MOJanuary 13, 2016
Over all, Drury Hotels had been a good company to work for. From a mechanics standpoint, the company will provide what is needed to equipment in top condition and also does preventive maintenance.
not a good place to work
evening kick back, host-hostess (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OHJanuary 12, 2016
all i did was make food for guests in a nasty smelly kitchen. i learned nothing because the person who was suppose to train me left for a month and had to teach everything to my self. management was okay. i got yelled at by my coworker. there was nothing enjoyable. hardest part is that its very fast pasted.
Pros
will to work with my schooling in college
Cons
no breaks, work full time when its only suppose to be part time
Productive work place
Laborer-Facilities and Property Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MODecember 30, 2015
It was a large company with enough work to keep you busy through out the year. You never get laid off. They try to take care of their employees.
Very fun place to work at with amazing people
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHDecember 30, 2015
I would clean rooms via Drury rules and regulations. Rooms would be timed so you had to be an efficient worker. I would great guests daily and be very polite and respectful with anyone I came in contact with in the hotel. I would also fold laundry and clean any lobby areas when needed. Management was great and very helpful. They really go out of their way to help in any way they can. My co-workers were also great. We all got along and were like a big family. The hardest part of the job was to always stay motivated when you were completely exhausted. Since rooms were timed and you have so much work in an 8hr period, if you already tired coming into work or not feeling well, it was hard to stay up to speed to keep everything on track. The enjoyable part of the job was pretty much everything else. Working by yourself is nice at times and sometimes would get help and work with other workers.
Goodplace to work
Renovation team (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 29, 2015
Renovate hotel from ground up.
Keep inventory of items used for renovation. (tools, supplies, furniture, materials)
Supervise employees and keep them on task.
Great, homely place to work
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILNovember 8, 2015
Management is great. A very large portion of the customer base are regulars or at least repeat business. It's easy to get to know the faces you see more than once and the guests often remember the staff too. It's a very homely and friendly environment to work in.
enjoyable work enviroment
Breakfast/Hot Food Cook & Host/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 27, 2015
I enjoyed meeting new people everyday at work, and learning different jobs within the company. The hardest part of my job was working a split shift. Management encouraged me to learn as much as wanted in different areas and gave me the opportunity to work in those depts., as I learned I was giving more responsibilities such as food purchasing, breakfast and dinner forecasting, inventory, front desk, housekeeping I even did some maintenance work
Pros
fun environment
Cons
split shift and slow season
Guest Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOOctober 20, 2015
Great place to work. Your team members will always become your friends, and the atmosphere promotes teamwork. This is a great company to start out with.
Not a bad place
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 8, 2015
The hotel business definitely has it's ups and downs. The management is usually awesome at least at Drury, and the coworkers make or break the job. The schedule is the worst part but depending on the location you can get a lot of down time which can be nice but also boring. Not a bad job for someone in their early 20s.
Productive Fun Work Enivornment
Chief (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 7, 2015
Supportive management and a wonderful people. I haven't been working here that long , but i love it . Its not too stressful and they are very flexible with my schedule
Pros
free food
Cons
short hours
The most enjoyable part of the job
Drury Hotels (Current Employee) –  Mcallen,TxOctober 5, 2015
How I have grown to to learn different skill assets of the job to succeed in the job world today. My experience has brought a different view of my goals to provide the best work experience and someday lead a group of employees as management.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Hours have been cut due to remodeling