DRURY HOTELS

DRURY HOTELS Employee Reviews

Nice Hotel In Flagstaff
Summer Intern/Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Flagstaff, AZJune 21, 2015
Pros: Nice hotel with food
Cons: No possibility for advancement
This hotel was the newest hotel in Flagstaff and recruited heavily from the university that it was located on. It was 180 rooms that provided a light fare every evening which made a lot of guests happy. Unfortunately, management was not focused on properly training and developing their staff to prepare them for potential promotions. Since other students worked there, it was good to have people who were always in a similar situation as you.
Eh
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Dublin, OHJune 5, 2015
Let's see the hotel was diverse but i was the only black person working at my location. I felt the job culture there was a bit saturated. I love diversity but when i feel like the staff rubs their white privilege in my face then it became an issue. I hated the management staff but wonderful benefits. The company all around is a great company!! If you're 18 or early 20's and in school then this would be an ideal job for you. Not when you're already a graduate trying to build your way to the management position. Excuse the grammatical errors.
family owned
Guest Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 22, 2015
good people to work for, but there is no room for growth in the company. I had been their 16 years and hadn't been promoted but once in that time.
Great Company
Sales Coordinator and Guest Services Manager (Current Employee), Santa Fe, NMMay 1, 2015
Great company to work, best customer service to be delivered by the employees.

Hardest part of the job was having a fit schedule
productive and fun workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee), O'Fallon, ILApril 24, 2015
Pros: occasional free lunches
Cons: great benefits
I learned how to increase speed while cleaning, everyone at drury was we nice and helpful. this job gave bonuses , and valued their employees. I really enjoyed working here.
Worst Employer of the Year Award!
Guest Services (Former Employee), St. LouisApril 21, 2015
Pros: The guests!
Cons: no breaks, standing up to 10 hours, inconsistent schedule, no one to relieve you to even use bathroom, no management wouldn't even cover the desk for 2 minutes
The amount of knowledge and responsibility along with unrealistic expectations is worth far more than the pennies they pay you for. Along with unfair actions and favoritism towards team members, and not very comparable opportunities for advancement. The industry is hard enough to work in, it's 24hrs/7days a week....the company should make the job a little more enjoyable for the people that work there. – more... Management is inconsiderate, inconsistent, unprofessional, and not very honest. They need to revisit training strategies for new employees and even teamwork/building strategies for current employees. I've worked in hospitality before for a different hotel, but this was far worse. Def not a good place to work if you have to balance a family.

Employees couldn't have a drink from the soda machine, couldn't buy anything from the little store....but no breaks were allowed! – less
Productive and Fun Workplace
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee), Sikeston, MOApril 4, 2015
I have enjoyed working here for the most part. The majority of the management team is awesome and most of the co-workers are easy to get along with. What I dislike most is working in the evening and the people who literally sit there and do nothing all night. Otherwise, I enjoy what I do.
Fun place great coworkers
Pre Maintenance and Laundry Attendant (Current Employee), O'Fallon, ILApril 4, 2015
Pros: nice breaks
Cons: free food
high energy and great co workers hours not bad management on top of things everyone feels like family I think this is a great company to be interested in and also room for management positions
enjoyable guest
Front Deck Agent/Bartender (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 19, 2015
Pros: guest were amazing
Cons: no breaks at all
I loved my job working with people everyday and making sure I exceeded there expectations was very important and I succeeded that with every guest, the management was awful. they didnt treat us like people and when you complain the regional management wouldn't do nothing about it unless something really bad escalated.
Do your Homework on Drury Hotels
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 3, 2015
Pros: offer average health benefits and a 401k with a company match
Cons: lack of support from management, not empowered to make decisions by upper management, corporate/st. louis directors and managers do not hold themselves to the same expectations
The micromanaging by upper management will stunt your professional growth in a Regional Position. Very little management layers internally. A lot of travel required. There is no local growth opportunities from this position. Be prepared to take on a tremendous workload and be excessively scrutinized for your work that you do. If you're not good at playing the company politics, walk away. Great training program for anyone under a Regional Position; extremely structured with clear expectations provided. Average benefits and comparable to industry standards.
Guest Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Brentwood, MOFebruary 20, 2015
I have been with the company for a year and a half. I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience, however I need a position that will pay more.
It a job
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Troy, MIFebruary 6, 2015
To me the job is you have to be on time. not to be late and dont get sick . You get point for this things. That is what I have learn from this company
Housekeeper/Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), Springfield, ILFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no room for advancement
I cleaned quest rooms, and did laundry. Management and co-workers were great. Very flexible and friendly place to work. Not much room for advancement.
bonus, good benefits
Housekeeper (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: free parking, great benefits
Cons: short breaks
Clean rooms on a daily basic and greet guest with a smile. Keep a clean work area, dependable and a team player. Provided full room service support and superior customer service.
productive and fun work place
house keeping (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 27, 2015
all my co workers ids good they are american and mexican. the busiest day in our hotel is when the baseball game is coming which is spring. the hardest job that ive done is working in launndry for almost 20 hours and that is so exhausting. the enjoyable part is when the guest is satisfied to the service that you give to them.
Amazing Company
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSJanuary 17, 2015
Great company! Drury makes you feel like family always and part of an amazing team.
Great company with a value on TEAM membership
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Arnold, MOJanuary 11, 2015
Drury Inn is a wonderful company to work for. The management always makes a point to have hours available. A typical day at work is to clean hotel rooms in the allotted time, assists guest needs, stock carts and cart rooms, and help other team members once your job duties are performed and finished. All housekeeping team members clock out together as a TEAM. The Drury Inn makes all team members feel like they are family. Since being at Drury I have learned patience, time management, and being thankful for any hours, whether work is slow or busy.
great place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Ridgeland, MSDecember 21, 2014
a typical day at work would include greeting guest, faxing paperwork, answering phone calls and handling money. While working at the hotel I learned to be a lot more social and friendly. My co-workers were very easy to get along with, they were my most favorite part of the job, including the management department.
drury
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INDecember 15, 2014
Pros: free lunchs when it came to christmas time
Cons: short breaks
go in get my board and see how many checkouts and stayover i would have for the day and then i would go up and get my cart and then i would go to the 1st room i would have out and start cleaning it. i have learn to all ways make sure the guests is happy with there room and to see if they would need anything else. the management was pretty cool. the coworks i have worked with they all were cool and some off them knew how to put a smile on them... i think the hardest part of the job was when we all knew that QA would be coming in and when that happen everybody would be going crazy. the most enjoyable part of the job was when it came to the holidays everybody came together and to have some fun
my review on drury
Housekeeper/houseperson (Current Employee), independence, missouriNovember 20, 2014
Pros: social skills improve
Cons: work environment
depends if i am housekeeper or houseperson. a housekeeper goes and cleans rooms however many is on there board. the house person cleans the whole hotel all seven floors.

1 2 3 4 5

About DRURY HOTELS

At one time or another, perhaps the Muffin Man could be found at one of these hotels. Drury Inns offers some 130┬áplaces for travelers – Read more

DRURY HOTELS Salaries