Drury Hotels Employee Reviews

Overall workspace was enjoyable but not dependable
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 4, 2016
I was responsible for providing exceptional service to all guests and potential guests by assisting them in a friendly, efficient, and professional manner. I performed all front desk related functions including, but not limited to, checking guests in/out, promoting company programs, maintaining guest records, cash handling, etc. I also assisted with the set up of breakfast and evening beverage which sometimes included food preparation, display, service and cleaning. However, during my time at Drury as a male front desk clerk, I felt as if the management team was more compelled to offer equal opportunity to women in order to receive higher ratings from guests, who were typically men. These socially aware politics made me feel as though the team was willing to push their own agenda, which I was not a part of.
Pros
interpersonal experiences, great pay, healthcare, quarterly raises
Cons
few opportunies to advance, biased, misguided management, poor scheduling
Terrible managment
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 27, 2017
I do not enjoy working for this company. There is no trust management watches you on camera 24/7. If you do anything right it will be overlooked and if you make a mistake they will pull you in the office and hound you. Bottom line look somewhere else.
Pros
health benefits, discount on hotel rooms
Cons
Terrible managment, favortism
Amazing company to work for
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOAugust 21, 2016
I worked for this company for about 8 months, before I ran in to some family issues and had to move, but this company was amazing in every way. The benefits included super cheap hotel rooms, quarterly bonus, and staff parties. My supervisors were like a dream, ever had an issue I knew I could go to any of them. They also cared about you as a person, and not just an employee. When my personal issues started to really affect me, my supervisor told me his door was always open, and I took him up on that, and he didn't just push it off, he acted as if he was one of my best friends, and honestly gave my some great words of wisdom. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a job, it is seriously one of the best out there!!
Pros
great management, amazing environment, great perks
Cons
some rude guest (not many, and not the company's fault)
Not fun working a Drury plaza river walk .The management is not a team,they all work for the one benefit
Houseperson supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 16, 2017
I think we all have to work for are guest be like a family reaching the same gol,I like to do my best in everything and be helpful.
Pros
Good start salary
Cons
Bad management
Great job with alot of room to expand your horizons
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 31, 2016
Worked here for a year as a guest service agent. I liked this job, although people at hotels can be a bit much to deal with sometimes, I had an overall great experience working here. Pretty cozy job that you can get all fancy for some days, or have a laid back vibe other days. I got to travel to las cruces, new mexico to fill in for a needed spot for 2 weeks. Drury paid for everything and even let me spend up to 25 bucks a day on food (which was reimbursed).
This is a pretty good company to work for, they care about their employees, and everyone is pretty close and super friendly. i am usually the odd introverted one at a job, but i still bloomed socially in this company. Had some pretty amazing experiences. Sad I left them in such abrupt way.
Pros
okay pay, travel, benefits, managers look out for you, bonuses
Cons
customer service, room for error with credit or debit cards, some drama here and there
AWESOME place to work!
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYMarch 7, 2017
Drury Hotels is by far the best company I've ever had the opportunity to work for. You're not just another employee there, you're family. For any maintenance tech looking for a great place to work, look no further. Management adores all employees, other maintenance techs are super experienced and always willing to help, and housekeeping department will always keep a smile on your face. You will never be asked to get something done in an unreasonable amount of time. You will be appreciated and treated fairly at Drury Hotels.
Pros
Bonuses, Awesome employees and atmosphere, and so much more.
Provided customer service
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILFebruary 3, 2017
Worked front desk of hotel, answered phones, made reservations, checked guests in and out of hotel; provided exceptional customer service to my guests.
Benefits
Cons
Management not available when needed
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Horn Lake, MSOctober 13, 2016
The most exciting thing I love about working for Drury was meeting new people and there families. I fell and broke my tale bone and I didn't like the way I was treated with the management not being concerned and act as if it was my fault and didn't want to pay.
Pros
Good people to work with and the benefits they offer
Cons
No breaks, a lot of standing on your feet and not able to leave to take a break.
I find Drury to be a very comfortable environment to work in with a great crew and wonderful management that actually cares about its work staff.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MOJanuary 27, 2017
I have been working at Drury for a little under a year and a half and have come to love my job as a housekeeper. The management team works together to make sure everything runs smoothly and efficiently while keeping all of us happy.
Pros
We get half off at Denny's which is right next to us, Christmas party's, and lunches for the staff on special occasions
Cons
Some of the guests aren't as considerate, as you would like them to be when it comes to leaving a semi-clean room
Good place to meet a lot of people
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MODecember 20, 2016
Some of the management was great but a few were not. A lot of things are not discussed thoroughly between management. CO-workers were very fun. Hardest part of the job is running the place by yourself. Enjoyable parts were happy guests and talking to them about traveling.
Pros
Healthcare, fun environment
Cons
No breaks
It was a good deal, but they weren't satisfied with the way I made beds.
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Horn Lake, MSJanuary 17, 2017
I was assigned different rooms to clean up. I tried to do my best, but the management wasn't satisfied with the way I made the beds. So I quietly resigned.
Pros
They insist on high quality in the rooms.
Cons
They complained I didn't notice dog hair in the beds of the guests. But I did check, and there was none. So I just left.
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 27, 2016
This is a great place to work. I would have love to still be there. I had a manger that got a little insecure care about my job ability. I was demoted back to the front desk and The young lady I train was put in my place. She was there for two month then fired. I love learning as well as sharing what I learned.
Pros
reward, growth
Cons
insecure
Genral Manager (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYNovember 1, 2016
Drury Hotels is a wonderful place to work. The hardest part of the job is needing to be available 24 hours a day. Whether you just left work to go home or at 2 am in the morning.
Pros
Excellent culture
Cons
Having to be available 24 hours a day
Great Company to work for
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 12, 2016
This hotel brand is family owned and operated which makes it great me having worked for a franchise before. I loved the structure and opportunity for advancement but you are limited in advancement due to long term managers. The hardest part of my job was not taking work home and staffing. A lot of people apply but few worked out do to the hard work in the hotel. I had an overall great experience with Drury and would return in a heart beat.
Pros
Company cares, flexible with school, and veteran staff
Cons
Pay, limited vacation
Very busy place that prides itself on quality customer service
Guest Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOMarch 1, 2017
My typical work day consists of checking guests into the hotel, anticipating their needs, being extremely knowledgeable of what's going on in Saint Louis, area restaurants, events, directions to and from places, etc, opening and closing various components of the hotel (Pool, vending, etc), bar tending during happy hour, and mostly just ensuring a quality stay for everyone.

I've learned a ton about my city from working here. In a typical day, I probably cross paths with an average of about 200 - 250 people from all over the country coming to St. Louis for various reasons, and many things I didn't even know existed here until I was asked about them. For the same reason, I've learned a lot about our country as a whole.

I love traveling, experiencing new things new restaurants, and talking about sports. This job is essentially like getting paid to talk about those things all day, every day, with hundreds of new people. It's endlessly interesting.
Pros
Fast Paced, Interesting work environment, fun work environment
Cons
Repetition and monotony of job duties and explaining amenities, often understaffed.
Family Owned
Housekeeper Bartender (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MODecember 2, 2016
Drury is a wonderful place to work. Its like having a family away from home. Everyone works together and the guest are great.
Pros
optional hours
Cons
Job advancement
It's a job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MONovember 11, 2016
It is okay. Don't set yourself up for advancement. You won't go far. But, as long as you like repetitive and monotonous work. Then this is the job for you!!
Wonderful place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Lambert Airport, MOAugust 30, 2016
I love my job and the ppl I work for the were just not employees were a family I been at the lambert airport location for 5 years this is the one of the best Jobs in have ever had in wouldn't stop working for them for anything in the world
Pros
Bouns staff parties vacation and pdo benefits are amazing
Cons
I was recently bit by a pit bull while on the job they need a better pet policy
Family Owned company
Regional Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 25, 2016
A family owned company that is very small minded in their processes and procedures. Do not work for this company if you have an opinion or don't fall in line with what they espouse!
Cons
Terrible Management
Excellent workplace. Wonderful co-workers.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOFebruary 1, 2017
Learned a lot about laundry and housekeeping services. Co workers taught me a lot. My hours would vary but days at work were always fun. The hardest part of housekeeping in my opinion was just making the beds. They had particular ways of making them and they had to be perfect. Somedays were definately harder than others!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Drury Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

88%