Drury Hotels Employee Reviews

the truth about Drury
Guest service agent (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, ILJanuary 20, 2018
Great coworkers. I made wonderful friends and loved the management on a personal level. But- when it came to leadership management was very poor. They care about employees personal lives but they don’t care about them when it comes to the job perspective. I would NEVER suggest working as a guest service agent. Horrible people everyday, always get yelled at, management doesn’t support, very short staffed, customers are always very rude, there are ZERO breaks available. When asked owners of company why, their response is the position is an on call position and they don’t care. The solution- have a manager who is sitting at their cushy desk work the front desk for employees while they have a break. Every other hotel chain can somehow implement this idea. Struggled to use the restroom one time a day, no lunch breaks, and standing in one spot will take significant tolls on your body. No room to grow in this company at all. Just not worth getting talked down to when one can go elsewhere and find a much better work environment. The company is very small minded, has no desire for change and better implementation.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
No breaks, horrible customers, bad management
Does not treat all the same
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIJanuary 18, 2018
The favorites get to pick and choose which rooms they are or are not going to clean, be prepared to clean many disgusting messes up and work weekends.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Play favorites
fun place to work
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 11, 2018
loved working in the hotel environment. different people you get to meet
work place was fun and great team members
always excelled in our service ratings
Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 10, 2018
The job consists of keeping the lobby clean, picking up the plates and glasses from the tables and counters. Greet the guests and make sure they are satisfied.
Pros
Free parking, good hours, great pay.
Guest Service Agent
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 4, 2018
Working for the Drury Inn & Suites was so fulfilling. Between the constant guest interaction, the positive and upbeat staff and managers, as well as the quality care and concern for each employee, it was definitely a company I could see myself working for long term. I was sad to leave and hesitant to move somewhere else.
Pros
Excellent employee care, great benefits, quick-paced environment
good
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJanuary 1, 2018
amazing company plenty of room to advance. management and coworkers are family. amazing benefits and programs for their employees.. always quick to make sure you are comfortable and know exactly what your doing and the right way
Best place to work!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GADecember 29, 2017
The Management was wonderful, The co-workers were friendly, and the guests were fantastic. They paid great if you did your job correctly, the insurance was wonderful and I miss working here. If you have the chance to work for the Drury, take it they are all so great!
Fun and Safe work environment
House Person (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 27, 2017
I often helped out other departments throughout the day.
Working in Drury Inn was a safe environment and everyone that works there are hard workers and kind. The management team always try to help out and make sure everyone is doing okay. However i do dislike that management would often change your work schedule of the week and not notified the workers that they changed it.
The hardest part of the job is that i always have to do set ups alone because the other workers do not want to learn how to do it.
The most enjoyable part of the job is joking around with everyone
Pros
Good Coworkers, Work as Team. Management was good
Cons
Not having consistent work schedule, lifting heavy objects alone
Nice place to work, very social place.
Maintenance Technician (building maintenance) (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 26, 2017
Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on guest rooms including HVAC equipment, plumbing electrical, furniture, carpet, walls, paint and fixtures. Also maintain all public areas, swimming pools, spas, exercise equipment building exterior and grounds.
Pros
A social environment making work more fun.
Cons
lower pay
Drury Review
Sales & Meeting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 20, 2017
The Drury is a really good company to work for but advancement is limited. It shows that management from the top down cares about all of their employees.
Great family to work for.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 18, 2017
Drury Hotels are a family owned business and treat you like family. The pay isn't the best, but it is a pleasure to work for them and you get to work alongside friendly folks. The training is adequate and you won't be left alone until you are ready. Help is readily available whenever you need it. A great working atmosphere. They keep on top of building improvements so you won't have to worry about a crumbling infrastructure.
Pros
Family friendly and a good place to get experience.
Cons
Buen ambiente de trabajo.
encargada de desayuno (Former Employee) –  Marietta, Georgia, Estados UnidosDecember 12, 2017
Llegar puntual, preparar el bufete (desayuno), controlar e informar el stock de alimentos y supplies (utensilios descartables). Luego estar atenta al servicio o requerimientos de los clientes. Al finalizar el horario del bufete, limpiar y dejar todo organizado para el día siguiente.
Pros
Saber desempeñarme en el ámbito de los hoteles.
Cons
Pocas horas de trabajo.
You earn your pay
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 9, 2017
I had worked in numerous hotels in Louisville and none expected more from their employees than Drury. Conversely none paid or had the benefits that Drury affords their staff. So if you can handle the stress of putting in a very full 8+ hours of work then explore joining them. If not, don't waste your or their time.
Pros
above average pay, benefits
Cons
Stress
Love it
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MODecember 5, 2017
Very good company and good advances abs if you work hard they will notice and move you up but when you move up you have to relocate. Good training and understanding managers
Pros
Discount
Cons
Favorism
I love my job
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 22, 2017
I love my job just looking for another job for i can get threw the holidays. Drury is a great place to work at I will recommend anyone to work there..
fun and balanced work life
Breakfast Attendant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 21, 2017
it is a wonderful place to work if you are interested in furthering your skills in customer service and hospitality. I really like the fact that you can get overtime whenever you need and also you get an understanding of the guests lives and get to know them on a good level.
Good job if you need one
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 18, 2017
401k is supposed to have a match, I don't see it on my Fidelity statements. Holiday work is mandatory at the end of the year.

Insurance plan is Good with a reasonable deductible. That's the only reason I have stayed.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
No official meal breaks-you eat between customers.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 13, 2017
A great place to work with great benefits and discounts. Competitive wages with flexible schedules. I honestly love my job I can work at my own pace and enjoy being on my feet.
great place to work at make many friends
Burger King (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MONovember 6, 2017
i loved working and learned many new things i wouldnt quit but the management is terrible and rude. there is no hardest part of the job you just have to be fast. keep the time down also because you go against every burger king they own.
Gsa
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 24, 2017
At times the job could be stressful. It wouldn't of been so had if there was more staff. The people were the best part. You get to meet people from all over everyday. Coworkers were like a family. But there was a lack of communication from management. There was also a rift between front desk and housekeeping.
Pros
Discounted stays, meeting new people, bonuses
Cons
Lack of communication and lack of security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Drury Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.