DRURY HOTELS

DRURY HOTELS Employer Reviews

Great company that truly cares
General Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 20, 2014
Drury is a fun customer service oriented company. With great benefits and people that truly care.
horrible management presence, hostile environment
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 12, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: everything else
management does not seem to care about the employees well being, if you need to take off for any reason whatsoever including medical it is an inconvenience, everything is not under the general managers jurisdiction and must be reviewed by corporate. This causes severe issues with hiring and terminating employees. The hours are not comparable with lifestyles, and they are not flexible. They will ask you to work and do things that are not only unethical but in some instances illegal such as tending the bar without a license. Some of the coworkers are incompetent and they use methods of the stone age, and the manager is very inexperienced and does not have a clue what he is doing.
LOVED IT
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJune 29, 2014
The Drury has been my favorite place to work. Everyday is different and exciting! Each guest has their own story and is willing to tell it if you're good enough at your job.

My only complaint is how the management seemed to be on a revolving door policy. I wish they could of found one manager and stuck with them for more then 6 months.
Great management, great benefits, much room for climb in the company
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOJune 26, 2014
Pros: great pay, managers care, awesome incentives
Cons: push for email newsletter sign ups took away from speed of guest check in
In my time at Drury I was responsible for the general well being, security, and ease of access for any guest coming into the hotel. While here I made advanced reservations, serviced guests rooms, assisted with property maintenance, tended bar, counted the cash drawer before and after my shift, and during nights I was the only employee on cite and was responsible for the entire building. The shifts were well structured and I worked with great people. All sectors of the staff from front desk, to house keeping, to maintenence worked flawlessly and our hotel was consistently awarded for outstanding customer service.
n/a
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Fairview Heights, ILJune 22, 2014
a good job for college students. Not for a career however. I did enjoy working there met a lot of good people.
I worked alone most the time , i like working as a team also but being alone i get all my work done with no hesitation.
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 23, 2014
A typical day a work is just being able to complete all my task being able take a break to regroup and start over fresh and most of all being excited to work and learn new things.The hardest part of my job was having to get done cleaning rooms in a certain amount of time but i almays met my goal time.My co workers was nice and friendly when it came down to things i didnt know they provided me helpful information.The most enjoyable part about my job was being able to make money , i have a family and a home to provide for so i loved getting up going to work everyday on time and i made the best out of my job !!
bartender and server
BARTENDER (Former Employee), st.louis MOMay 20, 2014
Pros: discounted rooms
Cons: can get very busy
serve drinks to the hotel guests and provide a friendly environment for the guest so they can have a pleasant experience.
Fun and exciting work environment
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Chesterfield, MOMay 19, 2014
Cons: hour cuts during slow seasons
A typical day at a Drury Front Desk entails checking guests in to their hotel rooms, and ensuring that they fully enjoy their stay through +1 Service! Drury encourages personal growth through volunteering to learn about other positions as well as taking on new responsibilities within your current position.
Recruiting Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 24, 2014
Drury Hotels is a great place to work, career growth, great benefits and a wonderful learning environment.
Drury Hotels
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 5, 2014
Customer service based, checking in guests, dealing with guest complaints, making reservations, general upkeep of reports. Great place to refine customer service skills. Co-workers are generally not too driven on advancement. Hardest part of the job is knowing advancement is possible as long as you're willing to wait years to do so. Most enjoyable aspect is knowing your efforts aren't completely lost on the guests.
It was okay for what it was.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 30, 2014
Pros: the rooms were only 29.99 for employees
Cons: discrimination
Our supervisor secretly changed our job description without her bosses consent. So, were doing extra more hard manual labor and was only getting paid a short amount of money. Then she was randomly changing some of my coworkers pay. Paying them more because they became friends. The drury inn is a nice hotel and before the newest supervisor came it was a nice place to work.
Great Place to work
Night Auditor (Current Employee), Findlay, OHMarch 24, 2014
Love this job. and everyone i work with. great place to work. I no longer want to work night shift tho
Overall Satisfied
Laundry Dep. (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 20, 2014
Pros: training included, friendly co-workers & management
Cons: can get a bit hot at times working in humid conditions
I'm glad this was my first job. They had good pay and benefits, flexible with hours and great staff to work with. I would recommend working here if you're into working in hospitality.
exellent place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Frankenmuth, MIMarch 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches great x-mas parties and bonuses
Cons: sometimes mean customers
everyday was a wonderful experience I learned a lot of great communication skills from meeting different people from all over the world my bosses were great along with my co-workers the hardest part was driving in the snow there the enjoyable part was when I arrived there
Average place to work
Night Auditor (Current Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOMarch 16, 2014
Pros: ability to relocate to other hotels
Cons: no breaks, poor benefits, private owned company so limited advancement opportunity
The benefits offered by Drury Hotels are basic such as group health and 401k. Very little recognition for employees below the General Manager level.
Drury Hotels
Team member (Former Employee), Atlanta GAMarch 9, 2014
Family owned and operated limited service hotel. Opportunity for advancement is available.
Walk in and get the job done
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee), Independence, KSMarch 5, 2014
Pros: listening to our music
Cons: working wit the wrong person that liked to just watch me do the work myself
Every night clock in stretch and get to work. learned how to load an unload multiple trucks, shipping, receiving, and packing in just the short time that I was employed. management would check on us every so often making sure that we were ok or just talking to us getting to know us a little better. hardest part of the job is trying to hear what people are saying because it was so loud. most enjoyable part of the job for me was just being able to load and unload the trucks and lifting, it was like I was in my own personal gym.
hectic and unorganized
Supervisor (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 25, 2014
The guest are great but Management sucks in the past three years I have been through three General Managers
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Horn Lake, MSFebruary 24, 2014
Cons: poor mgmt
You cant trust mgmt. No one is a team player and everyone including mgmt loves to gossip. If you work in the hotel part the ex housekeeper is very lazy. She has her picks and dont lift a finger to do nothing to help ya. But she loves to drink the beer you find in the rooms.
Good Work Enviroment
Night Auditor & Housekeeping (Current Employee), Findlay, OHFebruary 19, 2014
Have a great work relationship with everyone. I have learned much about hotel operations from this position.

About DRURY HOTELS

At one time or another, perhaps the Muffin Man could be found at one of these hotels. Drury Inns offers some 130┬áplaces for travelers – Read more