DRURY HOTELS

DRURY HOTELS Employee Reviews

A very stressful envirionment!
Front desk agent (Former Employee), Drury Plaza in ChesterfieldSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: a paycheck!
Cons: management
I am a former employee of Drury Hotels. I would never recommend working for this company. This company encourages their management team to micro-manage it's employees and treats them in an unfair manor. The managers show favoritism and discriminate based on the age of employees. The managers only care about the guest scores, not their employees. They are always writing employees up for unnecessary reasons. All in all the worst company I have ever worked for!!
Good
Night Auditor/Guest Service (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: balancing daily reports
Cons: overnight shift
Oversee hotel operations, check guest in/out, balanced all daily activities, housekeeper/security when required
Rewarding Job
Night Auditor/Receptionist (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: great environment, great company, met a lot of great people
Cons: no fix shift hours
Greeted, registered and assigned room to clients. Answered telephonic and in-person queries related to hotel services and resolved any issues. Processed clients check ins and outs. Handled payments through cash, checks and credit cards. Operated the Drury Mainframe System.
No Advancement
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Middletown, OHAugust 16, 2014
Pros: the benefits are great
Cons: no advancement
It is a good place to work but the company does not like to hire within even though they say they do.
Great place to work.
Night Auditor (Current Employee), Findlay, OHAugust 11, 2014
Great place to work. The hardest part of the job I do is working nights.
By far my favorite job!!
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Dublin, OHAugust 6, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, awesome managers, growth opportunities
Cons: nothing
I worked at Drury in Columbus for close to two years. The only reason why I left was because I relocated to Cleveland. It is such a great atmosphere and as corny as it sounds, we were a small family. Everyone helped each other, the managers are awesome (at all the locations in Columbus), and the relationships I made with my coworkers are still in tact. If you have the opportunity to work for this company, do not turn it down!
Great work place
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Valley Park, MOJuly 24, 2014
Very great place to work. They really value their customers.
Great company that truly cares
General Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 20, 2014
Drury is a fun customer service oriented company. With great benefits and people that truly care.
horrible management presence, hostile environment
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 12, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: everything else
management does not seem to care about the employees well being, if you need to take off for any reason whatsoever including medical it is an inconvenience, everything is not under the general managers jurisdiction and must be reviewed by corporate. This causes severe issues with hiring and terminating employees. The hours are not comparable with lifestyles, and they are not flexible. They will ask you to work and do things that are not only unethical but in some instances illegal such as tending the bar without a license. Some of the coworkers are incompetent and they use methods of the stone age, and the manager is very inexperienced and does not have a clue what he is doing.
LOVED IT
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJune 29, 2014
The Drury has been my favorite place to work. Everyday is different and exciting! Each guest has their own story and is willing to tell it if you're good enough at your job.

My only complaint is how the management seemed to be on a revolving door policy. I wish they could of found one manager and stuck with them for more then 6 months.
Great management, great benefits, much room for climb in the company
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOJune 26, 2014
Pros: great pay, managers care, awesome incentives
Cons: push for email newsletter sign ups took away from speed of guest check in
In my time at Drury I was responsible for the general well being, security, and ease of access for any guest coming into the hotel. While here I made advanced reservations, serviced guests rooms, assisted with property maintenance, tended bar, counted the cash drawer before and after my shift, and during nights I was the only employee on cite and was responsible for the entire building. The shifts were well structured and I worked with great people. All sectors of the staff from front desk, to house keeping, to maintenence worked flawlessly and our hotel was consistently awarded for outstanding customer service.
n/a
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Fairview Heights, ILJune 22, 2014
a good job for college students. Not for a career however. I did enjoy working there met a lot of good people.
I worked alone most the time , i like working as a team also but being alone i get all my work done with no hesitation.
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 23, 2014
A typical day a work is just being able to complete all my task being able take a break to regroup and start over fresh and most of all being excited to work and learn new things.The hardest part of my job was having to get done cleaning rooms in a certain amount of time but i almays met my goal time.My co workers was nice and friendly when it came down to things i didnt know they provided me helpful information.The most enjoyable part about my job was being able to make money , i have a family and a home to provide for so i loved getting up going to work everyday on time and i made the best out of my job !!
bartender and server
BARTENDER (Former Employee), st.louis MOMay 20, 2014
Pros: discounted rooms
Cons: can get very busy
serve drinks to the hotel guests and provide a friendly environment for the guest so they can have a pleasant experience.
Fun and exciting work environment
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Chesterfield, MOMay 19, 2014
Cons: hour cuts during slow seasons
A typical day at a Drury Front Desk entails checking guests in to their hotel rooms, and ensuring that they fully enjoy their stay through +1 Service! Drury encourages personal growth through volunteering to learn about other positions as well as taking on new responsibilities within your current position.
Recruiting Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 24, 2014
Drury Hotels is a great place to work, career growth, great benefits and a wonderful learning environment.
Drury Hotels
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 5, 2014
Customer service based, checking in guests, dealing with guest complaints, making reservations, general upkeep of reports. Great place to refine customer service skills. Co-workers are generally not too driven on advancement. Hardest part of the job is knowing advancement is possible as long as you're willing to wait years to do so. Most enjoyable aspect is knowing your efforts aren't completely lost on the guests.
It was okay for what it was.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 30, 2014
Pros: the rooms were only 29.99 for employees
Cons: discrimination
Our supervisor secretly changed our job description without her bosses consent. So, were doing extra more hard manual labor and was only getting paid a short amount of money. Then she was randomly changing some of my coworkers pay. Paying them more because they became friends. The drury inn is a nice hotel and before the newest supervisor came it was a nice place to work.
Great Place to work
Night Auditor (Current Employee), Findlay, OHMarch 24, 2014
Love this job. and everyone i work with. great place to work. I no longer want to work night shift tho
Overall Satisfied
Laundry Dep. (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 20, 2014
Pros: training included, friendly co-workers & management
Cons: can get a bit hot at times working in humid conditions
I'm glad this was my first job. They had good pay and benefits, flexible with hours and great staff to work with. I would recommend working here if you're into working in hospitality.

About DRURY HOTELS

At one time or another, perhaps the Muffin Man could be found at one of these hotels. Drury Inns offers some 130┬áplaces for travelers – Read more

DRURY HOTELS Salaries