DRURY HOTELS Employee Reviews

Housekeeper/Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), Springfield, ILFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no room for advancement
I cleaned quest rooms, and did laundry. Management and co-workers were great. Very flexible and friendly place to work. Not much room for advancement.
bonus, good benefits
Housekeeper (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: free parking, great benefits
Cons: short breaks
Clean rooms on a daily basic and greet guest with a smile. Keep a clean work area, dependable and a team player. Provided full room service support and superior customer service.
productive and fun work place
house keeping (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 27, 2015
all my co workers ids good they are american and mexican. the busiest day in our hotel is when the baseball game is coming which is spring. the hardest job that ive done is working in launndry for almost 20 hours and that is so exhausting. the enjoyable part is when the guest is satisfied to the service that you give to them.
Amazing Company
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSJanuary 17, 2015
Great company! Drury makes you feel like family always and part of an amazing team.
Great company with a value on TEAM membership
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Arnold, MOJanuary 11, 2015
Drury Inn is a wonderful company to work for. The management always makes a point to have hours available. A typical day at work is to clean hotel rooms in the allotted time, assists guest needs, stock carts and cart rooms, and help other team members once your job duties are performed and finished. All housekeeping team members clock out together as a TEAM. The Drury Inn makes all team members feel like they are family. Since being at Drury I have learned patience, time management, and being thankful for any hours, whether work is slow or busy.
great place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Ridgeland, MSDecember 21, 2014
a typical day at work would include greeting guest, faxing paperwork, answering phone calls and handling money. While working at the hotel I learned to be a lot more social and friendly. My co-workers were very easy to get along with, they were my most favorite part of the job, including the management department.
drury
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INDecember 15, 2014
Pros: free lunchs when it came to christmas time
Cons: short breaks
go in get my board and see how many checkouts and stayover i would have for the day and then i would go up and get my cart and then i would go to the 1st room i would have out and start cleaning it. i have learn to all ways make sure the guests is happy with there room and to see if they would need anything else. the management was pretty cool. the coworks i have worked with they all were cool and some off them knew how to put a smile on them... i think the hardest part of the job was when we all knew that QA would be coming in and when that happen everybody would be going crazy. the most enjoyable part of the job was when it came to the holidays everybody came together and to have some fun
my review on drury
Housekeeper/houseperson (Current Employee), independence, missouriNovember 20, 2014
Pros: social skills improve
Cons: work environment
depends if i am housekeeper or houseperson. a housekeeper goes and cleans rooms however many is on there board. the house person cleans the whole hotel all seven floors.
For hourly team it is great
Manager (Former Employee), VariousNovember 16, 2014
Pros: competitive pay
Cons: lack of recognition for improvements
Drury does a great job focusing on the hourly team members. Once you get into management, the only thing that matters is results. Even if the company itself is the one creating obstacles to better results.
Professional and friendly atmosphere with good training.
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Marietta, GANovember 14, 2014
Pros: managers and employees, training, tips, pay
Cons: no breaks, you pay for uniform pants, inconsistant schedule
A typical day at work consists of clocking in and sticking to the checklist. There are 3 shifts and a different checklist for each one. It is detailed with what to do, at what time, and how to do it. It comes in very handy when you are doing multiple things at once. A high-level of energy is needed. You Take notes of every contact you have with a guest. It is common to work from 3pm to midnight and be scheduled to come in at 7am the next morning. The management is professional and sharp. They go above and beyond for their employees and truly care about their staff and the guests of the hotel. The staff is just as kind. Employees are sharp and hardy individuals. The hardest parts of the job are getting everything done to clock out on time and being able to deal with sensitive topics with the utmost discretion. The most enjoyable part of the job are the guests. Most guests are cheerful and very excited to be staying at a Drury. The company provides good training in different areas of the hotel, such as: kitchen/cooking training, housekeeping training, bartending training, and maintenance training.
Great Workers
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Fairview Heights, ILNovember 10, 2014
Pros: long breaks
Cons: na
A typical day at work was always fun fun.. Co-Workers so very friendly
Fun work place
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 25, 2014
Pros: health ins., 401, vac
Cons: long days, seasonal
Good company with strong values .Team work is company wide .
A very stressful envirionment!
Front desk agent (Former Employee), Drury Plaza in ChesterfieldSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: a paycheck!
Cons: management
I am a former employee of Drury Hotels. I would never recommend working for this company. This company encourages their management team to micro-manage it's employees and treats them in an unfair manor. The managers show favoritism and discriminate based on the age of employees. The managers only care about the guest scores, not their employees. They are always writing employees up for unnecessary reasons. All in all the worst company I have ever worked for!!
Good
Night Auditor/Guest Service (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: balancing daily reports
Cons: overnight shift
Oversee hotel operations, check guest in/out, balanced all daily activities, housekeeper/security when required
Rewarding Job
Night Auditor/Receptionist (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: great environment, great company, met a lot of great people
Cons: no fix shift hours
Greeted, registered and assigned room to clients. Answered telephonic and in-person queries related to hotel services and resolved any issues. Processed clients check ins and outs. Handled payments through cash, checks and credit cards. Operated the Drury Mainframe System.
No Advancement
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Middletown, OHAugust 16, 2014
Pros: the benefits are great
Cons: no advancement
It is a good place to work but the company does not like to hire within even though they say they do.
Great place to work.
Night Auditor (Current Employee), Findlay, OHAugust 11, 2014
Great place to work. The hardest part of the job I do is working nights.
By far my favorite job!!
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Dublin, OHAugust 6, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, awesome managers, growth opportunities
Cons: nothing
I worked at Drury in Columbus for close to two years. The only reason why I left was because I relocated to Cleveland. It is such a great atmosphere and as corny as it sounds, we were a small family. Everyone helped each other, the managers are awesome (at all the locations in Columbus), and the relationships I made with my coworkers are still in tact. If you have the opportunity to work for this company, do not turn it down!
Great work place
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Valley Park, MOJuly 24, 2014
Very great place to work. They really value their customers.
Great company that truly cares
General Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 20, 2014
Drury is a fun customer service oriented company. With great benefits and people that truly care.
Headquarters