Drury Hotels Employee Reviews in United States

The most enjoyable part of the job
Drury Hotels (Current Employee) –  Mcallen,TxOctober 5, 2015
How I have grown to to learn different skill assets of the job to succeed in the job world today. My experience has brought a different view of my goals to provide the best work experience and someday lead a group of employees as management.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Hours have been cut due to remodeling
Great to be a customer terrible to be an employee.
Bartender, Chef, and Houseperson (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COSeptember 11, 2015
At the Drury Inn and Suites I worked at you could walk in to pretty much anything. Our guest count would go from 100 to 450 over night. We had a small and acquitted at best team so most nights would end with all of us feeling like we just won a war.
Our general manager believed in positive reinforcement as the only form of accountability, that intern left us with quite a few employees with an inflated sense of reality. Which was the hardest part of the job. Knowing that when you came in your co-workers more than likely weren't going to be there and if they were they rarely worked.
The most enjoyable part would have to be the guests by far. I met every one from a Shaman to 12 year old traveling all star dance teams to retired war vets. I wouldn't take a second back that I spent talking to the guest.
I would say the most valuable lesson I learned was to not worry about things beyond your control. To do your job to the best of your abilities and let your work and customer relationships speak for themselves.
Pros
Quarterly raises, Quarterly bonuses, The guests
Cons
There is a systematic breakdown in management, Parts of your review are based on the quaity of the food, Forced to serve food product
Good Work place but too much travel
o HVAC Controls Technician (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOAugust 26, 2015
This is an overall great company but too much travel. You go out alomost 3 weeks at a time and your away for almost 90% of the year.
Great Management
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHAugust 18, 2015
The most enjoyable thing about working at a hotel is getting to know the guests that checked in. I enjoyed helping them with questions they may had about the area. The group of individuals I worked with there also made my time there worth it. We all worked together and wanted to make sure our shifts were enjoyable.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Working nights and holidays and did not get paid enough.
I enjoy helping the Guest
Front Desk/CSR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 16, 2015
Employees continuously not showing up for work, no phone calls and then allowed to continue their employment as if nothing happened. Managers stay very late to take up the slack for them with no consequences and no respect for other employees.
Allowing employees leaving property to buy alcohol while on the clock or coming in intoxicated. Managers well aware and doing nothing about it.
Pros
Meeting Guest
Cons
Managers not looking after the safety of employees. Disrespectful employees
Entertaining
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GeorgiaAugust 13, 2015
I love working at the Drury in and Suites it was fun I loved going to work every day. My coworkers were the best we always had fun at work, and we also had coworkers night out
outstanding and fun work enviroment
Breakfast Attendant (Current Employee) –  Hornlake MSAugust 10, 2015
love working for this company, management is always helpful and supports team members. bonuses for hard work and other rewards cross training is always encouraged
Good traveling, poor at home time
On Site Asst. Refurbishing Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOAugust 9, 2015
Lived on site during the refurbishing of the different company hotels. This turns out to be the best and worse part of the job. great to travel the US. but tough being gone from home three to four months at a time
Knew a lot about remodeling of housing units, so job was easy to fit into.
On site manager was extremely generous with his time and experience knowledge.
Corporate management were not as forgiving for time restraints when outside factors introduce themselves on site. For instance late deliveries, no deliveries, contractors not completing projects in a timely manner, weather.
Corporate management should also have some personal experience of the 24-7 on site life that the employee goes through.
Pros
Travel, free hotel stays cable elec, food
Cons
Not having enough down time at home.
Front Desk
Customer Service rep (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJuly 21, 2015
The management is not very understanding and sometimes they give you way more that they know that you cant handle.Always work weekends and holidays.
Productive and demanding work place
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 16, 2015
A typical work day at Drury hotels is productive and straight forward. Working at drury I learned what it felt like to struggle and over come that struggle, it taught me that no matter how hard or frustrating the job is you can get it done if you stay focused on the task at hand. My co-workers were great and very helpful.
JD Power and Associates 10 years running... and no value for its employees
Front Desk/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2015
Favoritism runs rampant from the top down. after almost 8 years of working and helping out at various other properties, signing up the most Gold Key memberships, submitting the most sales leads, having my name on numerous guest satisfaction surveys, and overall being available to work A, B, and D shifts as needed, I have been told that I am still not ready to become a manager. There is a company culture that promotes that they will hire from within, yet I have personally seen over a dozen good employees at different properties consistently get passed over by outside managers being hired. Be prepared to spend your career waiting while you jump through all the hoops you can imagine, or you can pursue another venue that recognizes hard work and rewards it accordingly. I wash my hands of this place and bid it fairwell.
Pros
the guests, being a family owned/operated hotel, and hotel discounts (when you can actually get the requested time off granted)
Cons
management, micromangement, being a family owned/operated hotel, a lack of empathy for the employee's time/life commitments, and lets say that "birds of a feather flock together"
Nice Hotel In Flagstaff
Summer Intern/Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJune 21, 2015
This hotel was the newest hotel in Flagstaff and recruited heavily from the university that it was located on. It was 180 rooms that provided a light fare every evening which made a lot of guests happy. Unfortunately, management was not focused on properly training and developing their staff to prepare them for potential promotions. Since other students worked there, it was good to have people who were always in a similar situation as you.
Pros
Nice hotel with food
Cons
No possibility for advancement
Eh
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 5, 2015
Let's see the hotel was diverse but i was the only black person working at my location. I felt the job culture there was a bit saturated. I love diversity but when i feel like the staff rubs their white privilege in my face then it became an issue. I hated the management staff but wonderful benefits. The company all around is a great company!! If you're 18 or early 20's and in school then this would be an ideal job for you. Not when you're already a graduate trying to build your way to the management position. Excuse the grammatical errors.
family owned
Guest Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 22, 2015
good people to work for, but there is no room for growth in the company. I had been their 16 years and hadn't been promoted but once in that time.
Great Company
Sales Coordinator and Guest Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMMay 1, 2015
Great company to work, best customer service to be delivered by the employees.

Hardest part of the job was having a fit schedule
productive and fun workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILApril 24, 2015
I learned how to increase speed while cleaning, everyone at drury was we nice and helpful. this job gave bonuses , and valued their employees. I really enjoyed working here.
Pros
occasional free lunches
Cons
great benefits
Worst Employer of the Year Award!
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  St. LouisApril 21, 2015
The amount of knowledge and responsibility along with unrealistic expectations is worth far more than the pennies they pay you for. Along with unfair actions and favoritism towards team members, and not very comparable opportunities for advancement. The industry is hard enough to work in, it's 24hrs/7days a week....the company should make the job a little more enjoyable for the people that work there. Management is inconsiderate, inconsistent, unprofessional, and not very honest. They need to revisit training strategies for new employees and even teamwork/building strategies for current employees. I've worked in hospitality before for a different hotel, but this was far worse. Def not a good place to work if you have to balance a family.

Employees couldn't have a drink from the soda machine, couldn't buy anything from the little store....but no breaks were allowed!
Pros
The guests!
Cons
no breaks, standing up to 10 hours, inconsistent schedule, no one to relieve you to even use bathroom, no management wouldn't even cover the desk for 2 minutes
Productive and Fun Workplace
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Sikeston, MOApril 4, 2015
I have enjoyed working here for the most part. The majority of the management team is awesome and most of the co-workers are easy to get along with. What I dislike most is working in the evening and the people who literally sit there and do nothing all night. Otherwise, I enjoy what I do.
Fun place great coworkers
Pre Maintenance and Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILApril 4, 2015
high energy and great co workers hours not bad management on top of things everyone feels like family I think this is a great company to be interested in and also room for management positions
Pros
nice breaks
Cons
free food
enjoyable guest
Front Deck Agent/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 19, 2015
I loved my job working with people everyday and making sure I exceeded there expectations was very important and I succeeded that with every guest, the management was awful. they didnt treat us like people and when you complain the regional management wouldn't do nothing about it unless something really bad escalated.
Pros
guest were amazing
Cons
no breaks at all