Drybar Employee Reviews

Fun place to work!
Stylist (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 19, 2017
Drybar is a fun and happy place to work. It's a busy salon so work quickly. The dress code is awesome and so is the music. You just feel happy when you walk in
Good
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2017
When it's slow the 8 dollars and 50 can't cover your living I like working with the people the customers can be very rude and there's nothing you can do butt take it
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Only 8:50 an hour
Fun place to work when being your self and making clients feel beautiful
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2017
This work place is fun to work with because the atmosphere is always positive. Great Customer service experience. Always learning new techniques and get great knowledge about hair products.
Awesome workplace
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 10, 2017
Drybar is so nice o work at its a great environment. No drama no competition or anything.Everyone who works there is super nice. Its just a fun place to be and to work at.
Productive and fun environment
Stylist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2017
The Drybar a experience and way of life. It's a fun work environment and great for s new stylist starting off in the hair industry. If your willing to be open and learn you can go further in the company.
Pros
Fun job environment
Cons
Needs to pay better
Horrific experience
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 22, 2017
This is not a place to work if you are newly license. Management will turn a blind eye to it and "punish" you if you're not up to par with your experienced coworkers. They will dramatically cut your hours, send you home if you make a mistake. Management will talk a lot but actually not do anything. There was one incident where my clients were not given a chance to credit card tip me because they were "checked out" before I even finished the service.
Pros
Cool coworkers
Cons
Shady management
Great place to build clientele
stylist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90048June 21, 2017
This is a great place for someone who is new in the industry and needs help building a clientele. Compensation is well below mediocre it is minimum wage plus tip, i would not rely on the job alone.
Pros
schedule flexibility
Cons
poor work environment, very tiring, sometimes you are not given breaks
great salon to start with
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2017
very warm and inviting environment
excellent training opportunities including product knowledge
great way to build clientele
great communication and comfortability between management and stylists
Pros
tips and clientele opportunities
Cons
short breaks
one of a kind
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 15, 2017
Very, very, very busy. I learned how to master the art of styling. management changes often but the culture stays consistent. The hardest part is maintaining the energy to give every customer the same service. I enjoy styling hair so doing what I did was enjoyable for me. the hardest part is being over-booked.
great place for gaining experience
Lead Stylist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 14, 2017
You can learn a lot about product. All stylist are nicely trained for days before getting on the floor which is my favorite. Working for the company has been one of the best places I worked.
Pros
stability
Cons
needs culture improvement
Fun, fast pace work environment
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 13, 2017
If you like doing blowouts you will enjoy working for Drybar. The stylist you work with are really friendly, and super nice. Management is kind of cruel at this location.
Cons
no lunch breaks
Drybar Palo Alto is a wonderful place to work.
Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 23, 2017
Pros:
- Flexible schedule if you are working part-time; didn't have to work on weekends.

- Fun work culture with great coworkers.

- Understanding manager.

Cons:
I can't think of anything.
It can't be forever..
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 12, 2017
This place was generally so insanely busy the wheels are falling off or so slow they are sending you home 2 hours after you get in. There's no additional training beyond your initial hire, and I never received any due to my first day of training they felt comfortable enough to put me on the floor the following day. You aren't required to know how to braid or do updos, but if you can the company up charges the service, but gives nothing to the stylist performing the extra service. Management is hard to deal with, but the schedule is always the same so you know what to expect and can work a second job easily. You're also able to promote yourself as a stylist so it's a good place to start and build clientele.
Pros
The connections you make with clients and coworkers!
Cons
It is not a solid job to pay your bills on
It's good for beginners in the hair industry
SHOP EDUCATOR (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 3, 2017
After working here for 3 years and working my way up, my opinion has changed about this company. It went from being in a happy environment where both clients and stylists are happy, to being a money hungry company with a huge decline in moral. I didn't feel that management cares about you as a worker, they just care about you making them money. We used to be compensated for commission at 10% for any extra services rendered to the clients, and 15% for any products sold. Now you receive NO commission for any extra services, and 7%-20% on a sliding scale but that's based on your performance. I have also noticed favoritism company wide (being in management you see a lot), and if you are not liked by your manager they will go out of their way to get rid of you, based on personal feelings, not professional. So it's a good place to start off, but DO NOT plan to stay long term.
Pros
learn new techniques, benefits, hourly pay
Stepping Stone at most.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaApril 30, 2017
Very little management support. Unorganized company. They make changes so often there are rarely any opportunities for growth. Apply at a different salon that will value you.
Great place to woek
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 28, 2017
Drybar is a Great place to work. They have very awesome bosses. Good clients. Good tips. I would recommend this place to anyone. I love working for such a good company.
Fun Environment
Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2017
I love working for Drybar. I have learned so much from coworkers and management. Chick flicks, music and complimentary drinks for our clients makes it easy for our clients to relax and enjoy their time in our chairs.
Maximum work for minimal pay
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2017
We very rarely receive lunch breaks, we did not receive a raise and management do not care for the shop or employees which reflects on the clients and back on the stylist.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No lunch break! Signed contact
Great company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 16, 2017
Great training & staff. Customer service rocks! Products are amazing! Busy weekends and clients are so much fun. Many cute styles to chose from and the stylist make you feel right at home. The beverages and cookies are a great addition! Front desk girls come around and check on you, too. Movies are a nice treat while getting a great blowout!
Pros
Provides lunches on busy days, too!
Fun WOrk Environment
Licensed Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 9, 2017
Working for Drybar is a great experience. I love that at this salon you work for an hourly wage versus paying for a booth weekly are splitting payment with salon owner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Drybar. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8