Drybar Employee Reviews

It's a trap!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 8, 2016
Be prepared to do A LOT of cleaning/chores
Clients have to wait past their appointment times due to poor booking management
Company only cares about profit
Overworked employees
Pros
50% discount and free blowouts Sun-Thurs
Cons
Short/no breaks, overworked
Room for so much more improvement
Stylist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 24, 2016
You're promised the world when you first get hired for this job, then you get hit with a harsh reality that it's all BS just so they can make money off of you. They mess up on your hours which obviously shows up on your paycheck, they mess up on what tips belong to you as well as what commission belongs to you. You work your butt off for nothing. Good luck if you have a problem and go to management because they do nothing for you except say "I'll look into that" and nothing gets resolved. They claim to not hire fake or pompous, conceited people but that's very unrealistic. How would they know that about you when they hire you? The salon is filled with people that think they are better than you and try to boss you around and tell you how to do your job because of that. Not okay. Just super unprofessional. Something that was once so bright and shiny is now very very dull and rusty.
Pros
Free blow outs
Cons
Favoritism, not getting paid correctly, money is an issue, minimum wage
Productive work space
Stylist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2016
Took a while to get paid which was very unprofessional but fun job with room to grow. Love the management staff but rude stylist. The bartenders get paid more then the stylist and I don't know why, they just give out tickets and get clients drinks if and when they remember. Not a hard job at all.
Pros
Free blow outs and cash tips
Cons
minimum wage for a well known company, short breaks, unprofessional
Productive fun work place
New York Regional Training Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2016
Productive fun work enviornment, extremely talented staff, great atmostohere competitive and fast paced.During my time with the company I learned how to run a business efficiently and was welcomed into the drybar family with open arms. The owners take pride and active care in the business and they all truly care about the well being of there employees.
Pros
Bonus systems, salary, fast growth
Fast Paced
Stylist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 17, 2016
Fun place to work. I enjoy the fast pace and the quick turn around of clients in my chair. Working in the city was so much fun!
Pros
Product knowledge and prizes for top sellers.
Cons
Little to no break.
Great work place
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2016
Fun, exciting, multi tasking environment. My favorite job to date. Obviously depends on upper management, but a great 4ish years experience with this company.
Excellent company
Lead bartender trainer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 9, 2016
Drybar was a great company to work for. Drybar really appreciates their employees and very much loves what they do. Drybar taught a lot about going above and beyond for customer service.
fun place to work
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCMay 18, 2016
You work with Great people and you are always learning the new trends. Great for anyone starting out from Beauty School.
Pros
There is always clients available to work.
Cons
Different managers, different personalities, You have to find coverage for shifts.
fast paced upbeat salon
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 10, 2016
hands on education
styling clients
upbeat atmosphere
flexible scheduling
fun friendly co workers
potential to move up
potential to move with company
dead end job
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2016
hated working here. manager is not professional and the hours are given according to how much you sell. you get paid very little for all the work you are expected to do. great job for college students.
horrible
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2016
the managers, where do i begin? they would try to be your friends on minute and as soon as you walk out the door they would talk about you behind your back. so unstable with schedule. they would tell you to come in a certain time and then tell you not to clock in yet. breaks are mythical in that company even though they say we are to get a break after every 6 hours but they ask you to stay to close after opening but they never offer a break. i loved doing hair but this company took the joy out of it.
Pros
styling techniques and training
Cons
horrible management
fun work place
stylist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 27, 2016
The Drybar has a very fast paced work environment. This is a great start out place for beginner stylist. This is a holy grail for clientele building and networking. You will meet lots of interesting and new people on a daily basis. The Drybar has will teach you multiple modern day styling techniques, time management, & product knowledge. The management is very understanding, down to earth and laid back, but they also expect you to be professional and accountable. The stylists are very talented individuals, as they all add a unique trait to the team. The hardest part of this job is sometimes the fast pace, some days you will not be able to eat until your like 5/6 clients in, but seeing the clients face when you do your big reveal or hearing them say this is their most enjoyable part of the week makes it all worth it.
Overall this is a nice place to work.
Pros
dress code
Cons
short breaks, coverage protocol
In the life of Drybar
Stylist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2016
A typical day of work at Drybar salons consists of arriving fifteen minutes before our guests arrive. Prepping, and setting up our tools, complimentary "treats" and preparing to start a busy fast paced day. Our salon is one of the busiest locations in Manhattan, not allowing much down time through out the day. We greet our clients, consult, and begin to fulfil there hair expectations as professionals. I maintain relationships with my clients, and strive to preform the best of my abilities.

I get along with all of my co-workers, I do have to say, we have a very friendly, almost family type relationship with one another. Many of us have been working together for some years now, and alays welcoming new work mates.

I have been working in the hair industry for years now, so I understand, and know how to work through any "tough" situations such as an over flow in clients, working sufficiently but at a fast pace in order to fulfill the clients expectations, while maintaining a time schedule.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to be creative, and the relationships that have been built with my personal clients.
Pros
friendly enviornment, snacks supplied for busy days, flexable hours, fairness, never a shortage of product or supplies
Cons
no, or short breaks at times, no benefits, short staffed at times
Amazing Experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2016
Working for Drybar was one of the best experiences and most enjoyable times of my career as a manager/stylist. From Operations to Customer Service, us managers have to create and maintain the atmosphere which I entirely loved. Hardest part of the job is long hours and life/work balance. But with the proper leadership team for support, you can definitely manage your time appropriately, it is all a matter of time management. I enjoyed my time at Drybar, the perks and opportunities are endless.
Pros
Manage a million dollar plus investment
they don't care about the employees
stylist (Current Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CANovember 3, 2015
they tax our tips, don't provide soft mats to support our feet and backs, make you work 8 hr shifts without lunch breaks. the clients are rude and the management does nothing to prevent certain clients from returning. overall, dry bar is a money-hungry company with no regard for the well-being of their stylists.
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Roslyn, NYAugust 31, 2015
very good company nice people great atmosphere to work in flexible schedules and a lot of support from staff. I would reccoment it as a startuing out job not a career
High turn over rate is evident
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 26, 2015
This company is great if you plan on it only being a part-time hairstyling gig.

Yes, you can advance quickly as I did, but the work to life balance is completely off. You are constantly being bombarded with unrealistic demands and there is little care for the actual employees. Corporate knows that the turn over rate is 47% and they do not care to change that.

The Job culture that they promote on the outside is nothing like what it really is like once you are on the inside. I did not agree with the rule and regulations I had to enforce as a manager.
Pros
good part-time gig
Cons
short to no breaks, or being breaked out for hours at a time while still at work. No work life balance for management
Fun and Upbeat environment, very fast pace.
Blow Dry Artist (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAJuly 11, 2015
Working for Drybar was a wonderful experience..They give you the proper training that allows you to build an outstanding high end clientele in no time.
Ok for a beginning stylist but very stressful
STYLIST (Former Employee) –  pasadena caJune 18, 2015
Job was great at first and customers were usually nice. They cut the salon in half which made the employees have pressure of getting things done in a fast manner and production suffered
Fun place but very little room for growth
Production & Traffic Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 14, 2015
Good business practices are not lived by daily with Upper Management. When changes are being made, employees hard work and drive are not considered as being beneficial to the business.
Pros
Attire
Cons
Upper Management do not use best business practices or Leadership.

2.8