DS Services Employee Reviews

Looking for an easy summer job lifeguarding is perfect
Lifeguard (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 29, 2016
Its a very easy job just make sure to be on top of it keep everything clean and pedestrians happy supervisors go from pool to pool daily but some just didn't even show. If you needed to request time off or wanted to pick up a shift it's mostly done through guards at that pool because supervisors or managers were never around and if they were they would only point you in the direction of another manager
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Management is selfish
Perfect job if you like a call center environment and have amazing sales skills.
Telesales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 8, 2017
DS Services had an unlimited amount of income potential based on your skills. However, you are pressured to meet the expectation of setting accounts at an 80% average every quarter, or your job could be on the line. I was fortunate to meet the quarterly quota every time and I was satisfied with my income and job experience until the very last day. I would have continued this job throughout college but unfortunately they closed the California call centers and relocated operations to Florida.
Pros
Uncapped commission and calls were inbound, no cold calling.
Cons
High Percentage Quota must be met. 8 out 10 calls must be closed to meet quartly average.
Its was a good work environment
R/O, Softener, & Ice Machine tech (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 5, 2016
I was usually by my self on the job & had my own nice company truck I would take home to do any emergency calls that came in after hours. The owner took good care of me almost like we where family. My coworkers were very easy to get along with. The hardest part was coming across real old plumming. It would take alot of patience to work on.
Pros
Good heathcare and good management
Cons
It was hard finding good coworkers making alot more work for me
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Mableton, GANovember 28, 2016
Too many challenges and not much support from the executive team to overcome these challenges. The company is scare of change and not willing to make the necessary changes in terms of how we do business in order to prosper and have a bright future.
Horrible Fleet Shop Working Conditions
Lead Fleet Mechanic (Former Employee) –  OregonSeptember 3, 2016
The company is running their fleet equipment into the ground. Fleet Shop is right next to where they bottle water. Very hot and miserable in the summer and no heat in the winter. Management wants to run the trucks to long! They don't pay their bills, get cut off from parts vendors constantly. Have to use your own personal vehicle for road service calls at times. Had to take everyone's coveralls to laundromat and wash them with my own money at times beacuse they were late on the bill and was cut off. management will not listen to mechanics when they say equipment is to old and unsafe. It's probably not good for the bottled water having a fleet shop right next to where it's bottled!
Pros
None.
Cons
Old equipment, management will not listen to mechanics.
Great job security
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJanuary 1, 2017
Great opportunity to promote. Compensation changes at times. Company offers benefits and gift vacation time. Length dependent on years of service. Slight 401k match.
Pros
Great opportunity to promote. Great job security.
Cons
Compensation changes at times.
Productive at the work place
Costco Sales representative/ sales (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TX 75050November 12, 2016
A typical day at work was just work. Very little team work due to everyone doing what they can to just get the job done. The hardest part of the day was getting started. The best part of the long day was going home.
Good job all around.
Production Operator III/Relief Driver (Former Employee) –  Kent, WADecember 30, 2016
Hade lots of fun in a very fast pace manufacturing environment. Lots of free meals for the employee, and friendly workers. Top of my list for a good place to work.
Pros
Free lunches, pay, and benifits.
Cons
Management.
Worst ever!!
Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  South SacramentoAugust 23, 2016
The DS Services in South Sacramento has a bunch of negative, rude, non willing employees. The production manager was by far the worst manager I've ever been employed by. No body had a clue what they were doing in that place, especially the manager. One of the seasoned employees, manager of the truck drivers yelled and cussed at every thing all day, he not only called me an idiot to my face but called every one else an idiot too. The other employee, production coordinator was supposed to be training but refused "because that wasn't her job" she was a racist old bag who said they only hire "ignorants" at that company and did I know about Atlanta? I said no, she said I'm not prejudice but thats all they have to hire. I knew exactly what she was talking about then. I feel sorry for anyone who has to work there, especially filling the position I assumed while there (inventory coordinator) Horrible run far away.
Cons
This is an OK place to work
Key Account Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 2, 2016
This company is not employee friendly, however it is a paycheck. The coworkers are great but management doesn't show appreciation for their employees.
Pros
employment
Cons
attendance policy
Nice place to work but to far
Key Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2016
You have to have a lot of patience for customers as Crystal springs service isn't always the best. So 99% of the time you have angry customers and you have to be able to diffuse the situations. Not a hard job at all quite nice and enjoyable. For people with families not a good job as you will be gone most of the day and may have to work overtime.
Customer Service
Customer service representative / task team (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAJune 29, 2016
Every day and every call was unique and special and I had several opportunities to grow and develop my skills and maturity in customer service.

Some calls were challenging and complicated and some calls were
basic and easy and very fulfilling and enjoyable.

I learned maturity and was able to grow in my empathy skills also while I was able to grow in my communication skills.

I was grateful to be able to accomplish customer service difficult issues and have a good relationship with my customers.

The hardest part of the job was relaying the terms and conditions of our companies policies, when the customer was extremely unhappy with hearing what they were. but I was able to grow in relaying this information to our customers.
Pros
fullfilling good customer service
Cons
Unhappy and irate customers
Avoid At All Costs
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30328August 22, 2016
This company changes hands so much it's ridiculous. Each time the next "owner" (usually a financial company) cuts just about everything trying to make a profit before they sell it and get out.
Pros
Some cool customers to see.
Cons
Just about everything else.
Awful place to work
Driver / Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 17, 2017
Management is terrible they do not care about the employees. Lies told to get their way and have you do ridiculous things that loses them money then cuts benefits / 401 etc
Good but not bad either
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 20, 2016
Not a bad company to work for at all. Has good benefits and great incentives each and every day. Never gets boring but does get tiring after a long day but it makes itself worth it.
Pros
Good money
Cons
hard labor
They are one of the highest paying call centers
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 27, 2016
I dont have that much of a review for them becauseI did not stay with the company that long, due to conflict wih my school schedule at the time.
Horrible company to work for at least here in Colorado
Route sales rep (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 3, 2016
Ds services is the kind of place that treats their employees just like they're a number in the company and that's it! Here in Colorado we never hit our numbers due to the fact we were bought out in 2012 and ever since then this location has been treated like we're the lowest in the company! It's an unfair company to work for and honestly wouldn't recommend anyone to work for them unless you're in desperate need of a job! Hopefully one day the management in Colorado will know how to manage the facility and get their stuff together cause there are a lot of unhappy employees trying there hardest for this greed company!
Pros
Get a workout doing the work
Cons
Can never have time off and enjoy it cause you come back to your route never finished
Great Co-workers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJuly 11, 2016
Upper management has no morals, they don't care how the work gets done. They pretend to care but have a horrible way of showing it. HR doesn't know how to give suggestions and stay out of the day to day work load.
Pros
Employees
Cons
No trust, horrible president
Stop shipping water out of ca
Wow (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 8, 2016
My brother was a combat engineer US Army and Air Force...I executive Chef in Officers Club...US Army...the reason we are cintinually at war is more cash for one percent...reduce the number of poor people and remove religions we dont like.
Great Company
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2016
The employees at DS Water are a great team to work with on a daily bases. Team work was promoted! Each day was a busy day with over 4,000 employees, but it was a very enjoyable company to work for.
Pros
Discount on Home water delivery
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DS Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8