DSC Logistics Employee Reviews

if you want just a job this place is good
Ca - Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMarch 6, 2017
If you are looking for a carrier this isn't the place. I worked here for about a year end with in that year I didn't feel like this company look out for my best interest totally the opposite. You are nothing more that a robot that's expected to perform at peak performance or they show you the door as soon as you make a mistake no regard for humanity or companion for single parents
Pros
Cons
Overtime a lot of it
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAFebruary 8, 2017
For the most part is a good place to work good Hours for most people. Management is good for the most part they know what they're doing when ever you need help. When overtime hits you can pretty much kiss your social and Family time good bye since your expected to give all your time to the company. But all in all is one of the best places to work around the area.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Overtime hours completely unreasonable
productive and nice work environment
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAMarch 22, 2017
I go into work at 7:30 am reporting to the Quality Assessment department. We have a daily meeting to discuss what we will be doing for the day.Then I do an operator daily checklist on forklift before I start to work. If we are not busy in my department I will do to either shipping or receiving department.
Pros
Good work environment, paid lunch, always get off at 3:30 pm
Cons
benefits, safety
I enjoy working there.
Dedicated case picker (Former Employee) –  University Park, ILJanuary 11, 2017
Enjoyed working there it's Just management is not honest and trustworthy got fired for allegedly not punching out in University park Illinois they also fired people because some were going across the street to dot foods and they're were upset. Tried too buy they're employees with bonuses and lies. They're management is very incompetent and don't care for their employees much. One ex worker was told that his job is more important than his sickly daughter.
observes birthdays and founder day
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJanuary 7, 2017
very busy
time management,shipping and receiving,inventory control
They are fair and willing to listening.
they were very helpful team players. they stay when you needed them to go that extra mile.
keeping the equipment up and running and jugging associates around to fill spot when associates are out.
is when getting the job done when needed and getting recognize
Pros
room to advance
Cons
high rate turnover.
DSC is an excellent company who treats their employees with respect and creates a workplace that is safe and productive.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Nazareth, PAFebruary 28, 2017
I enjoy my job. I know what is expected of me, and I know I am valued as a person and as a worker. My work assignments are clear and reasonable, and I am treated fairly and trusted by my supervisor to do a good job. The positive workplace culture is encouraged and supported between supervisors and workers and between workers. I have learned much about warehouse operations and the safe handling of equipment and merchandise. The only hard part of the job are those times when work orders are heavy and work hours are long and many (adding up to 60 plus hours per week), but the most enjoyable part of the job is being rewarded for meeting those work demands with catered lunches, good attendance days off work, $100 gift cards, etc.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAFebruary 13, 2017
For the pay they expect way too much from you. At the beginning it was great, then you start to realize the things they said that sounded promising weren't gonna become reality. Management and HR never have answers for you. You always have to wait for answers. Young, rude, and favoratism is how I would explain the leads/managers.
Pros
Big tv in break room
Cons
Short breaks
fun clean work place
Operations/Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMarch 12, 2017
a typical day at work answering phone tracking and tracing the scheduling appointment doing bill of lading helping customers and truck drivers. warehouse always clean neat keep up bathroom cleaned two to three times a day. lunch room keep as if you were in your on home.
Pros
learning diffrent programs
Cons
short breaks
Great place
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMarch 6, 2017
DSC are a great place too, work. They treated me well. Only time will tell if I can ever be reunited with DSC any way I did the east/west docks cleaned all the bays ,bathrooms,break rooms,offices/ took out all the trash, and also cleaned outside the yard/ cobwed sweeping,operated the powerpallet jack /forkleft clamp etc.
Pros
etc.
Cons
etc.
Excellent for people who want to stay away from home.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CA 92407December 7, 2016
This job requires you to constantly look out for yourself and make sure your covered. With new hires every week and the turnaround rate is a shame. The work is easy but the system is slow and old so you have to always make sure your time is tracked. There are constant hiccups and delays with the work.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
unapprochable management
good job
Forklift/Clamp Operator (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJanuary 27, 2017
12 hour shift long day.
I learn how to use the computer system.
the management on my shift was great.
there was all types of people working there everyone was good.
the hardest part was is the building was 4 football field long case picking all day long.
the days off was the best part and the people. we all worked together.
Good food
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCFebruary 23, 2017
light flow of customers in the morning, with an afternoon rush, and then a moderate flow till closing.
Own was a grumpy old man with severe mode swings.
Location was in a bad part of town and half of the customers were rude and disruptive.
Pros
Got to work with friends
Cons
Rude, disruptive, and hostel costumers
bad place to work do not go
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 2, 2016
management is a joke all leads do is sit in the office and talk about football and ask why work is not getting done than after about a 4 hours of this than they come out and help out place is a real joke avoid at at all cost the pay is a joke they say they are equal to others but they are not they only really great part was my coworkers they are very nice and are quick to help other than that worst place i ever worked at
Pros
coworkers
Cons
everything but coworkers
One of the worst places to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 12, 2016
When I first started working there I had to train myself management doesn't want you to ask anyone for help for to long if you don't make your numbers they write you up until try fire you they don't try too help you with your numbers when you ask them to they don't treat you right or fair one of the worst places I've ever worked for the only good thing is the pay for all the long hours
Good Work Place
Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, GADecember 13, 2016
- A typical work today is busy from start to finish.

- Learned how to operate Warehouse Management System (WMS)

- Management was great on the shift I worked (2nd shift)

- Co-workers are respectful for one another and get there job done

- Hardest part of my job was that its a continuing non-stop flow of work, but it keeps you busy.
Look somewhere else
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  University Park, ILNovember 23, 2016
Terrible management... no way to move up in the company .. no rehire policies ... in trouble of losing contract of the building it currently has a lease sign on it Don't believe their lies the only thing that is good is the pay but a target is always on your back .. Not worth it I quit
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything the building is extremely messy on the inside
Fast paced, well paying, worth while
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, GAOctober 19, 2016
Very fast paced, and the production system they have at least at the one I worked at, was very unorganized. Management definently played favorites. Never could decide on what hours they wanted to work, one week would be a 6 am start time with 2pm or later end the next would be a 4am start time with a 4pm end.
Pros
Well paying and benefits
Cons
Disorganization, little to no home life, production guidelines
Production is good
Processor order, box it and ship out order (Former Employee) –  Elwood, ILFebruary 28, 2017
I worked there for over a year and was over looked for a permanent position. .All because of the managers wants to hire there favorites..
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Only want workers that wont stand up, and have a voice..They only like you if you dont have a mind of you own.
Not worth it
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAMarch 3, 2017
Poor management..If you become a shipping clerk you are in trouble dealing with truck drivers are the worst..They are rude and annoying
Supervisors are young and they don't have your back they can terminate you for NO REASON..
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
No breaks..Poor management ...
Supervising
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 10, 2017
it is an ok place to work. they do alot of employee lunch-ins, and give-aways. i have learned alot here and continue to learn new things everyday. the only thing i dislike here are the way the schedules are set up.
Pros
free lunch, company paid catering for safety
Cons
schedules

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSC Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9