DSC Logistics Employee Reviews in United States

Very unorganized company. Poor Management.
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Colonial Hgts, VAApril 28, 2016
This company used to be fun to work for and very organized but over the past 2 months it has gotten really bad. The leadership that we once had is gone. We are working 12hr days and every Thursday is mandatory. We've had 3 LM's leave in the past 2 months and one was qualified but they didn't promote him. They don't always promote within like they should. Do not work in the shipping dept.
Pros
Cons
No true leadership.
Loved DSC Logistics
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Perris, CA 92570April 19, 2016
Arrive to work and punch in 5 minutes till start of shift.Group meeting to understand the production required for the day.Do your exercise and go to your work area.Maintain above production and be rewarded for performance above standard.
Pros
Plenty of work for those interested in overtime
Cons
Require Degree to be Manager
A good job
Maintenance/Facilities Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNApril 6, 2016
Work is steady, and the constant. There is constant overtime, however the time off policy requires you take 4 hrs at at time and you get no sick days. Also there is very little room for advancement.
Structure
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Elwood, ILMarch 28, 2016
The Company is very structured, but lacks in Career Development and/or training. The company is also very policy and process driven , but all decision are made from corporate.
Pros
Structred
benefits
Productive and builds teamwork
Material Processor (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILMarch 21, 2016
This company was a great company to work for. I worked there for 3 yrs my first year i was a temp so I would only come in when there was work. Than after that year they started having more work so it became steady and i became full time. I would begin my day at 10am and work til 5pm. Got along great with the people there, good work enviroment and had lots of fun there.
Pros
bonus incentives
Cons
they work off a point system
Quality and quantity in a timely manner
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILMarch 18, 2016
I complete daily orders using various machines under the guide lines of a P.O.P system and OSHA safety regulations. Managers as well as co-workers help create a safe and friendly environment.
Ok
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCMarch 17, 2016
I hate that DSC left the Charlotte area, I have some very fond moments while working there. I enjoyed all the people that I met while working there and learned a great deal while there.
Great Place to Work
Freight Audit and Payment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMarch 2, 2016
Challenging but rewarding company to work for. Great place to initiate change and learn new skills. Due to the company size Management has to work more in the day-to-day activities.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
Long days required
Unsatisfied
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCFebruary 24, 2016
After working almost 10 years as a contractor at RJ Reynolds Tobacco Company, I was very happy and loved my job. When Jacobson Company lost the contract to DSC Logistics, our lives completely changed. DSC would wait until five minutes before quitting time to tell employees they must stay another four hours or risk loosing their job. Women had children in daycare and would scramble to have someone else pick them up. One employee who never missed work, had a grandson pass away at birth, she had to PROVE it was her grandson in order to attend his funeral. It was implied to employees to lie to our customer RJ Reynolds about inventory issues. Employees who had been with the company for 20 plus years was fired because of simple things like having a pre-planned doctor visit. This particular gentleman had ongoing heart issues. It was very sad and disappointing, but I continued on with DSC for a few years. I only left due to moving from NC to SC. And this is not a reflection of ALL DSC Logistic Warehouses, this was mainly upper management in our facility.
Pros
Good pay
Good production
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAFebruary 23, 2016
Working for DSC Logistics was ok but its the people that make it hard to work with them! DSC is ok if you stay to yourself. There are no hard parts about working DSC.
Pros
No pros
Cons
People
great company
Forklift Operator/Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAFebruary 18, 2016
nice clean work environment. the leadership always asks if you need help with anything. it is by far the safest, neatest and cleanest warehouse I have ever been in.
productive workplace
Picker/Loader (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAFebruary 9, 2016
good place to work for supervisors treated there employees well they always made sure we got the best to work with. Never had a problem with this place overall good warehouse
Easy and reliable job to maintain
Palletizer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 29, 2016
A typical work day at DSC is very good its a loving and caring place to work at the team is amazing because if your new and don't know nothing its always someone there to help and lead you in the right direction and the bosses are amazing and they do interact with their co workers and that's a good thing to see
Productive and fun work place
Lead Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Elwood, ILJanuary 16, 2016
A typical work day was that you would be assigned different jobs daily. I learned how to pick orders, load and unload trailers. Management were very friendly. The hardest part of the job was the long hours.
Pros
Free holiday meals
Cons
6 day work week
Family Oriented
Inventory Control Lead (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAJanuary 9, 2016
This Company have a few hang-ups; however the employees all treat each other like family. The Biggest issue about this Company is that HR and Management are extremely lade back when it comes to taken care of employees and listening and correcting issues, that could break cohesiveness of work flow.
Pros
Family Oriented, and Incentives i.e. gift cards, lunches
Cons
HR and Management has poor skills of listening and resolving imperative issues, that could intefere with cohesiveness of work-flow.
Provide good learning experience
logistics manager (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJanuary 5, 2016
Fun and good place to work at.Good management employee relation.
free drinks provided throughout the summer period,and periodic lunch served
Pros
Free drinks provided throughout the summer
Cons
Building not climate controlled
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  TXJanuary 1, 2016
The work day duties where on hand .You went out and work on your jobs asighned,If a emergency come up the maintenance lead would ask one of the tech to go do the repairs
Good company
Logistics Manager I (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYDecember 10, 2015
Well run company. Continually growing and expanding to many areas of the country. Good benefits and safety record for warehousing industry.
Awesome Place
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILNovember 21, 2015
I'm currently working on a temporary assignment. I love it.
I truly recommend this place for you to work at.
It's laid back and there are friendly people working at this location.
Productive work place.
Packer/unloader (Current Employee) –  Union City, GANovember 5, 2015
Very organized company. I like it they are very clean they keep they're workers safe. I work hard in many conditions. I love that they pay attention to our needs.
Pros
we have weekly incentives.
Cons
no hours