DSC Logistics Employee Reviews

DSC Logistics
Inventory Control & Proj. Comm. Analyst (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMay 24, 2017
The company does not adapt well to change. In many ways they are still stuck in the '70's. It is definitely a male-oriented company despite attempts to be otherwise.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
No overall coordination between departments.
terrible place to work
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Minooka, ILMay 23, 2017
It's a terrible place to work, management team had no clue how to run a warehouse, employees get drunk and high on lunch break and ride around reckless on the forklift.
Productive, fun environment
Receiving, and Traffic Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 12, 2017
Overall, nice staff and co-workers. The hours were never set so it takes complete control of your family life and scheduling someone to watch children when working after midnight, especially as a single parent.
Great Company
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAMay 10, 2017
DSC is a great company to work for. At times it can be challenging with the type of people that are hired. Turn over rate at times can be hi with the experience of lift drivers.
i love it
Scout (Former Employee) –  University Park, ILMay 10, 2017
mang i love it here.. i scouted here for 3 week had a blast..would love to goes back if they would have me .. the coworker was very helpful and kind.. and harold's chicken is a fire...
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
hours
Fast paced
SHIPPING AND RECEIVING (Former Employee) –  GaMay 10, 2017
The work load for each day varies, but overall you will learn alot. You will meet alot of new people and have to learn to work with different personalities.
Dangerous
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Nazareth, PAMay 5, 2017
DSC came in because they were losing the Kraft account when we were doing fine without them. They changed everything. We lost our 15min breaks, our weekly paycheck, our friends who they felt didn't live up to "DSC standards" The place got worse over time. They started bringing in former Kraft employees who lost their jobs and phased out the people who had been working there a long time. On any given day you didn't know what you were doing, Favoritism was always given to the former DSC employees. As they stuffed more and more product into the warehouse a whole mirage of problems occurred. Space requirements, damage, nowhere to go with the product, miscommunication. A fork lift operator was almost killed due to miscommunication in the office, truck driver pulled the trailer while someone was unloading it. Safety violations that went unheard, nothing was ever done to change it. As they phased out the older employees the dangerous new people came in who know very little to save a buck making the place a real nightmare. The computer system is outdated and the blame was always shifted to the employees in all errors and problems. The management are bullies, you never knew if the day would be your last. Intimidation tactics were the norm. Then the pay and benefits got worse as time went on.
Pros
Free DSC clothing line
Cons
Unsafe working conditions, Lousy Pay, Horrible benefits, Bad mangement
great company allow people to move up
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 3, 2017
This was a great company. I started out as a temporary employee and moved up to an inbound worker, they leave room for entry employees to move up and earn more money
Pros
moving up
Cons
time management
cool place to work
certified operator (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCApril 26, 2017
A harsh environment to work in only certain people can do that type of work. Each day was different, and any day could be your last. You had to learn and learn quick on how to handle inmates.
typical day at dsc
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  16000 walthal ind pkwyApril 26, 2017
my typical day was to load trucks, take a pallet into truck,lumper would unload pallet replace with another pallet. They started to take
away any safety bonus we had, and even took our once a year raise away.
Pros
lunch was only 30 min two 15 min breaks
Cons
you never knew when you had to work over.
Job environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAApril 25, 2017
DSC has a lot of room for growth and depending on certain positions you can increase your earning potential for warehouse associates. However, the supporting job i.e. shipping clerk, inventory, customer service all get the short end of the stick because the pay is stagnate. There's little to no pay increases and for the entire company the benefits are Ok but the attendance policy is a big issue and sick time. Overall management could do a-lot better on running the entire operation.
Pros
Advancement, Vacation time
Cons
Management, Sick Time, Attendance Policy, Measured System
Stressful dangerous environment with questionable leadership.
Quality Service Lead/Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Champaign, IL 61821April 25, 2017
Employer has no regard for employees life situations. The hardest part is the lack good leadership. Employees who strive to improve the company are quickly shut down as workplace hazards. Many times while dangers were made known the leadership would often brush off the concern as a not immediate problem. Life often becomes more stressful as a result of working for this company and leaves the employee with no hope of a personal life and constant forced overtime.
depends on the day
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAApril 20, 2017
. learned a lot,, will definitely use in my next phase in life, appreciated what I got . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . go luck
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCApril 19, 2017
I enjoyed working here. We were assigned a different position each week between 3 offices; Receiving a truck load or Shipping a truck load. Depending on which office we were assigned to, we would either seal a trailer or inventory the trailers on the yard, as well as audit a selected location in the warehouse. The company relocated out of state.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Company closed
I have held many jobs there from management to janitor to working in maintenanc. Some was voluntary,but always wanted to move forward
LiftTruck Operator (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem TownshipApril 19, 2017
My tenure at Dsc Logistics started 18 1/2 years ago as Americold Logistics when hired
The sequence was Americold Logistics first, then bought by DB Schenker, then DSC LOGISTICS presently.
During these takeover I chose to either stay put, or withstood the letting of people go, transfers or quitting. I am presently the senior person there
The work force has now been whittled down to very few employees, therefore I partake in work that I did when I started there of which is picking orders
For 7 years there I supervised an operation repackaging product in the back of the warehouse with temps that ended during a takeover
Therefore I am interested in moving on to other experiences, love my coworkers and great place to work. My attendance and other monitored work has always been superb, I pride myself in that. Being there every day makes my day, time to explore other employmen
innovative thoughts not allowed
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAApril 19, 2017
what can you do what can you do different.
Do it well and you will be recognized by the company.
when you do get recognized. make sure you work even harder
This is where I receive my current knowledge of warehousing
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILApril 12, 2017
WSI. Was a fantastic company to work for there was plenty of over time the company paid well and you had awesome benefits. I really hate that the company relocated
Pros
We worked a 3 days off 4 days on 12 hours shifts
Cons
The shifts would change 2 months of mornings then 2 months of nights
Fast-paced
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILApril 8, 2017
The job was fast paced pretty easy work. I got use to driving a stand up fork-lift.The management was ok but not too understanding they wouldn't give you notice for overtime
Pros
The people who work there were usually nice
Cons
Unexpected hours
A very productive and skilled work force.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Memphis, ARApril 7, 2017
A typical work day at DSC consists of getting the work orders to the right employees and making sure that the day is safe as well as productive. Most days are repetitive but recently we have been introduced to new more effective ways of getting product in and out of the building faster. The hardest part of my job is dealing with employees egos but it is also the most fun part of my job. When employees know that management care about them and know that they are being treated right a typical work day is more productive.
Work and pay
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAMarch 29, 2017
The job is not hard work, if you have a great team you can get the work done fast. The position that they hire you for ie is forklift operator meaning your main job will be just on the lift but that is a lie your jumping off and on the lift for a solid 9 hours straight. The pay is garbage they are getting away with it by saying we are forklift ops but in reality we are pickers and picking pay starts at 15. Then on top of that the pau is biweekly if you have a family you cant support them with this company. The whole front office needs to be replaced in coloinal heights va because they dont care about the employees and yet not even safety they try to drill that but it comes down to are those cases being moved if not where is the problem and we will terminate that person.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Pay, Management, Culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSC Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9