DSCI

DSCI Employer Reviews

It's just a job. There is no stability.
Program Assistant (Current Employee), Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDMay 8, 2014
Pros: nice christmas and summer parties at no cost to the employees.
Cons: compensation, job stability, no communication, vacation and sick leave
DSCI is a contracted job, so you never know if you are going to have a job from year to year. The management only cares about themselves and not the employees. If the base is closed you are forced to use your own vacation and sick leave and if you do not have any you have to go into the negatives. I have never worked for a company where I owe them vacation – more... leave. There is absolutely no communication between management except when they want something from you. They say the company is making all this money, but the employees are not seeing any raises. There is flexibility with the work schedule. You are required to work the hours they tell you and you do not have the capability to make up missed hours. You cannot come in early so that you can leave early ect. Just no flexibility at all. – less
Loved My Job
Program/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Eatontown, NJFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: clean office environemt
Cons: relocation
I enjoyed all aspects of this job. I had total charge of the office and got along with many people and I was proud to assist the US Army Community.
System Administrator (Current Employee), Eatontown, NJJanuary 9, 2014
I have worked for this company for over 3years and would work for them for 20+. the Corporate HR are nice and respond promptly to any matter. The management is good. Compensation is great. They are very family oriented and will work with you for emergencies. Overall I'd recommend working for the company to anyone.
Firewall Engineer (Current Employee), OCONUSNovember 21, 2013
Very good company, Great people to work with, but lots of time out of the country
Not the company you want to work for
Corporate (Former Employee), Eatontown, NJApril 17, 2013
Pros: modern office, generous pay, nice benefits, cutting edge it
Cons: improper management, nepotism, no job security, abusive senior management, lack of communication, no bonuses typically, inflexible time policies
I had the misfortune of being employed at DSCI. I left a stable, happy career for DSCI with the promise of a great future and higher pay. Wow - did I make a mistake.

This company has serious problems and most of them stem from the management and executive levels.

1) DSCI is extremely cheap when it comes to certain things (i.e. no utensils in the cafeteria) – more... but will throw money at projects and people that they have no business doing.

2) The communication in certain departments is abysmal - individuals go days and sometimes weeks without knowing what they are "supposed to be" working on.

3) Nepotism is a MAJOR issue. An executive there employs family, friends, neighbors, etc. These people are exempt from policy and some of them seriously under perform and are overpaid. If you are not in this "circle" you are always a sneeze away from termination.

4) Abuse - in July of 2012, one of the higher up executives held a meeting that was mandatory under threat of immediate termination. Cell phones were not permitted in the room to avoid his ABUSE from being digitally recorded. This executive proceeded to verbally abuse and call out individual employees and the company as a whole for hours. No reason was ever given as to why he proceeded to do this. He also threatened individuals pay and employment for time card violations. The threat was retroactive to the beginning of the year. Sadly - this executive and his family was guilty of these same violations he was threatening people about. Repeat offenders I can understand making warnings to - but not to individuals who were an hour late on getting their time in once or twice.

5) Bad reputation in the industry. DSCI has been steadily losing contracts and has not secured a steady financial future for themselves. This is the result of a company that grew too fast for its own good and did not have proper management to guide it. Layoffs / Terminations have been rampant. Morale is close to 0. Last year's summer event was cancelled.

6) Completely inflexible with time. Be there during office hours or use PTO. This is the year 2013 - times have changed, work from home and flex time are the norm.

7) Fraudulent practices are taking place here - and at some point the DOD will catch on and there will be serious repercussions.

I wouldn't recommend working here unless you were desperate for a job - and then - accept the offer and keep looking. – less
DSCI is one Hot Mess
Corporate Staff (Current Employee), Eatontown NJApril 15, 2013
Cons: poor managment, unethical managment, nepotism, no job security.
Don't even think about working here. Family run business, unethical management, nepotism rampant, tyrannical, incompetent CEO. Company has horrible reputation with Gov customers and other defense contractors, business dropping rapidly over past 18 months.
Constant turmoil with layoffs, terminations, changing policies, constant reorganizations. Company – more... is constantly under Gov investigation for something. Stock plan is a scam to bring money into company, price is manipulated and cannot be sold as this is not a publicly traded company. Abusive management culture towards employees throughout the company is supported by CEO. When CEO got mad at employees last July 2012 he made every corporate employee submit a 10 page, single spaced paper, under threat of termination, describing their job. No one even knew why. List of negatives in this company goes on and on. – less
Run, don't walk from DSCI!
Employee (Current Employee), Eatontown, NJMarch 4, 2013
Pros: paid well
Cons: management is terrible, you have no life! you must be available at all times.
Run away as fast as you can! The CEO is absolutely horrible, he is not fit to run a company. He claims to care but has no integrity and behaves like a tyrant. Employees are not respected and treated like elementary children, you constantly have to worry if you will be fired. In meetings with the CEO, he will you scream at all in the room, insulting – more... employees in front of everyone, belittling them. Even if you are a top performer will feel like a failure. Moral is horrible. Very unethical, asked to lie and misrepresent company. You have no life, management expects you to drop everything and work nights and weekends. Very bad place to work! – less
great company to work for
SCCM Senior Engineer (Current Employee), Cuba, MONovember 2, 2012
Pros: everything now
Cons: nothing now
gain more work knowledge than any other company I worked for.
I inquired new skills from this company
So many things happen at this company.
typical government contractor
IA Analyst, HBSS support (Current Employee), GTMO CubaSeptember 8, 2012
Company is more worried about billing hours than the people employed.
Professional environment
Executive Assistant/HR Specialist (Current Employee), Bagram AfghanistanJuly 2, 2014
Pros: close to living quarters
Cons: 80 hour work weeks without any time off.
There is not really a typical day at the office here. I work on a military base in a war zone supporting the Garrison Command Group. There is never a dull moment. I staff all memorandum, letters of justification, SOP's, and much more for command signature. I schedule and attend meetings for the Garrison Commander, Deputy Garrison Commander, and Command – more... Sergeant Major. I process all awards and R&R requests as received. This environment is fast paced and constantly changing. The ability to multi-task is necessary. The most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of accomplishment from completing tasks that are challenging. I have learned a lot of tolerance here. We work together 12 hours a day 7 days a week and live in the same area. There is no escape from work or any sense of privacy. My co-workers are from a wide range of geographical backgrounds and cultures. The hardest part of the job is performing tasks that you don't necessarily agree with, but that are tasked by senior command. I don't always feel that there is the best use of efficiency and organization, but am required to perform tasks in the manner command requires. Overall this has been an exceptional experience for me in many ways. I've continued to grow professional as well as personally and have been subjected to environments and situations that most have not. It has helped me become a stronger person and a better employee. – less
Great company for overseas assignments
Help Desk Administrator (Former Employee), AfghanistanApril 9, 2014
Great company overall, no complaints. I've done this portion twice, not sure why the other 2 reviews weren't good enough.
Will go back to DSCI in a heartbeat
Information Assurance Officer (Current Employee), AfghanistanMarch 13, 2014
Pros: good professional training
Excellent Company to work for. However oversea contract just ended.
DSCI Review
PLANS, PROJECTS & DEVELOPMENT SENIOR SME (Former Employee), Bagram, AfghanistanJanuary 3, 2014
All of my work with DSCI was overseas and there was not much interaction with any of the CONUS management team. the benefits were awesome and if you like work with not much management interaction (AKA micromanaging) then this is the company for you. There tends to be a high turnover of personnel in the CONUS offices, so not sure how much work security – more... there is there, and makes me wonder why people are hired if they are just going to be fired.

All in all I had a good experience overseas and worked there for almost three years. – less
Productivity & fun at workplace
Hyderabad as a Process Specialist (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APAugust 29, 2013
Pros: n.a.
Cons: n.a.
Have learned SAP CIN version as well as Core Values of the company & same is successfully implemented in my official & personal life.
A great company to work for, you are not a contractor but an employee
Senior System engineer (Current Employee), JNCC-A, BAF, AfghanistanJune 24, 2013
Pros: the people i work with, each one you can learn a lot from
Cons: being away from family
Working in Afghanistan, it could be said that it is like ground hogs day, but each day can teach you something new. You learn each system and a lot about AD, Group Policy, and Exchange.