DSI Renal Inc. Employee Reviews

Review of last position
Clinic Director (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INOctober 25, 2016
A new company that bought previous company I had worked for. They hired a Divisional Manager who fired all 3 managers which I was one of them. This new company had to wait at least one year to remove managers which they did this. While there I started in center programs that benefited the staff and patients. I worked for the previous company for 12 yrs. I had a good relationship with all of the nephrologists that saw patients at the clinic and any one of them will give me an excellent review.
Pros
worked at that clinic for 12 yrs
Cons
new company removed all clinic managers after 1 year.
Great Company...Wish they never merged
Vice President of Development (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 16, 2016
Unfortunately DSI merged with a decent, but horribly run company (in my opinion). A lot of good people work there, but the executive team does not respect anyone. Very poor environment.
Pros
Well financed...Good Private Equity Owners
Cons
Condescending, Clueless Executives (since merger)
Work environment
Lead Clinical Social Worker and Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CADecember 15, 2015
The work environment can be stressful under certain managers. The management take their time with complaints, from patients or employees, but eventually get the job done. The co-workers are all very hard working nurses and technicians. The doctors are top notch and take their job seriously and it was a pleasure to work with the entire staff.
Pros
The hard working staff. Good salary compared to other competitors.
Cons
No room to grow, no advancement in the position I had as social worker.
Patients made it worth it
Unit Secretary & Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZAugust 3, 2016
Working with the patients was the most rewarding of this job. Management was very inexperienced and unorganized. Hours of the work day were brutal and poorly effected personal health.
Pros
patients were the best
Cons
management was horrible, hours were horrible
Very busy, understaffed and over worked
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 2, 2016
Not somewhere to work for the rest of your life. Understaffed and very over worked. Management doesn't deal well with confrontation.
Not a good place to work.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 17, 2016
I did not like working for this company. It was not a lot of team work in this company. Patients should be the main target and helping people. This company seem to be more about the money.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks.
Nobody cares about or defends you during tuff times
Corporate Employee (Former Employee) –  SCJuly 12, 2015
I was a corporate employee twice (laid off twice due to no fault of my own) but started as a secretary. This company is great but the managers are only out for themselves and if you get any kind of complaints against you, you aren't able to defend yourself. My boss avoided conflict at ANY COST and that even meant terminating me when an outside affiliates manager had a personal issue with me & fabricated a reason not to work with me.

I loved being an employee at DSI but just know you are ALWAYS disposable to higher management unless it benefits them. They will get rid of you in a heartbeat and throw you under the bus to make themselves look good.

The nephrology office they work with as an affiliate in SC has AWFUL management but amazing doctors so if you work here you also have to deal with that. The management there finds any way they can to make people's work lives difficult.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too may to list
Terrible Management setting
Accounts Receivable Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 20, 2016
A typical day at DSI is to come in clock in and start working your claims. We normally had a certain amount of claims to work monthly. Our phone calls were monitored as well as our production. As far as co-workers we were not allowed to talk amongst one another nor ask for help if needed, we were suppose to figure it out ourselves. I enjoyed the job but overall management was not professional at all.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Good dialysis company at the clinical level
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 17, 2014
DSI is a good dialysis company and at the clinical level a great place to work. Caring for patients is why I am a RN and this company allows me to fulfill that part.
Areas of advancement are nonexistent within the company. It seems advancement form within is discouraged and advancement from without is encouraged. In the past year announcements concerning placement of clinical mangers from outside the company were common, at least in my area.
Pros
Ability to care for patients and become an important part of the healing process
Cons
Advancement into management
Cold environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 20, 2012
I found management to very cold and the work to be unsatisfying. Because the company was losing money fast and in the red, advancement and even raises were skim to nothing. The culture was cut throat and every man for himself.

Want to know more about DSI Renal Inc.?

Ask a question
Productivity throughout my time at DSI Renal, Inc.
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  Kaneohe, HIFebruary 11, 2014
I like working for DSI Renal, Inc.because there was something different to do everyday from checking results, monitoring the water treatment room, restocking supplies, weekly/monthly inventory control, maintaining supplies, and helping others. Another reason why I liked DSI Renal, Inc. is that there is a lot of responsibility that comes with job and the work keeps you busy until the day is over.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Co-Workers, and Job Area
Cons
Management Control, Minimal Overtime, and No direction.
DSI-Horrible company to work for!
Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  AZApril 12, 2016
They make the managers work the floor daily and do all of the admin work on top of it-the VP has no caring for the employees either-it's all about the money-actually in "all" dialysis facilities and I have worked and managed six clinics.
People in dialysis are ruthless-very few care for the patients-especially DSI-Period!
Pros
Money was not too bad-
Cons
Worked long hour for little reward-period!
Awful Clinical Management
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Lyman, SCJuly 31, 2015
Ok company awful management that doesn't listen to employee and patients complaints !!!! Patients would complain about management and upper management would'nt do anything about it.
Pros
No salary cap
Cons
Poor management
Great company
RN (Current Employee) –  IdahoNovember 16, 2015
DSI is a really good company to work for. Corporate is supportive and wants clinics and employees to succeed. Benefits are good. Physicians and staff are great to work with.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Not enough pay incentives
Awesome teamwork and management
Clinic Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 5, 2015
DSI Renal have great management and corporate people. These people are always willing to help their staff at any time.

Teamwork is awesome. Nobody is left struggling and drowning with stressful task. Continues learning and self-enhancement is also a priority.
Great
Home Modality Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MDNovember 5, 2015
Excellent staff , management, multiple resources and great working environment. Best dialysis company ever!!!. Keep up the good work.
productive place to work
Account Reimbursement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 20, 2013
a typical day at work was hectic and fast paced, I learned a lot about dialysis. Management was cooperative, and co workers were fun. The hardest part about the job is that you are responsible for up to 180 facilities, however the most enjoyable part about the job was helping the patients and feeling like your work made a difference.
nice place to work
Dialysis Tech (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2015
i liked working there. they work with me on my school hours. manager where friendly.my co workers where friendly. fun work place
supportive management.
Pros
they flexable hours
Cons
stressful do to lack of help and employees with no empathy or character.
RN (Former Employee) –  bartlett TnFebruary 27, 2014
A typical day at work started off behind because there wasn't enough help. I learned that the medical field is not for everyone.There is a lot of people working in the medical field that don't need to be. The turn around rate for managers was terrible. We went a year without a manager . The co-workers wouldn't listen to the managers they did whatever they could to make them quit. The managers wouldn't fire them either because they would have to fill in for them or because the turn around rate was terrible for the co-workers to.The hardest part of the job was trying to keep a safe ,peaceful,and clean environment for the patient.The most enjoyable part of the job was when you could achieve that safe, peaceful ,and clean environment it made the patients so happy and that made you happy.
good experience
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 5, 2013
Good company that believes in a patient first culture. Learned quite a bit, and look forward to returning to this specialty area

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSI Renal Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9