DSI Renal Inc. Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Sea Spray Village, DEAugust 22, 2017
Staff and management is horrible. No coverage when staff calls out. Will work you to death with no appreciation. No team players. Cut throat to get ahead.
Pros
Patients
Great Company...Wish they never merged
Vice President of Development (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 16, 2016
Unfortunately DSI merged with a decent, but horribly run company (in my opinion). A lot of good people work there, but the executive team does not respect anyone. Very poor environment.
Pros
Well financed...Good Private Equity Owners
Cons
Condescending, Clueless Executives (since merger)
Review of last position
Clinic Director (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INOctober 25, 2016
A new company that bought previous company I had worked for. They hired a Divisional Manager who fired all 3 managers which I was one of them. This new company had to wait at least one year to remove managers which they did this. While there I started in center programs that benefited the staff and patients. I worked for the previous company for 12 yrs. I had a good relationship with all of the nephrologists that saw patients at the clinic and any one of them will give me an excellent review.
Pros
worked at that clinic for 12 yrs
Cons
new company removed all clinic managers after 1 year.
Not a good place to work.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 17, 2016
I did not like working for this company. It was not a lot of team work in this company. Patients should be the main target and helping people. This company seem to be more about the money.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks.
Patients made it worth it
Unit Secretary & Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZAugust 3, 2016
Working with the patients was the most rewarding of this job. Management was very inexperienced and unorganized. Hours of the work day were brutal and poorly effected personal health.
Pros
patients were the best
Cons
management was horrible, hours were horrible
Very busy, understaffed and over worked
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 2, 2016
Not somewhere to work for the rest of your life. Understaffed and very over worked. Management doesn't deal well with confrontation.
DSI-Horrible company to work for!
Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  AZApril 12, 2016
They make the managers work the floor daily and do all of the admin work on top of it-the VP has no caring for the employees either-it's all about the money-actually in "all" dialysis facilities and I have worked and managed six clinics.
People in dialysis are ruthless-very few care for the patients-especially DSI-Period!
Pros
Money was not too bad-
Cons
Worked long hour for little reward-period!
Terrible Management setting
Accounts Receivable Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 20, 2016
A typical day at DSI is to come in clock in and start working your claims. We normally had a certain amount of claims to work monthly. Our phone calls were monitored as well as our production. As far as co-workers we were not allowed to talk amongst one another nor ask for help if needed, we were suppose to figure it out ourselves. I enjoyed the job but overall management was not professional at all.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Work environment
Lead Clinical Social Worker and Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CADecember 15, 2015
The work environment can be stressful under certain managers. The management take their time with complaints, from patients or employees, but eventually get the job done. The co-workers are all very hard working nurses and technicians. The doctors are top notch and take their job seriously and it was a pleasure to work with the entire staff.
Pros
The hard working staff. Good salary compared to other competitors.
Cons
No room to grow, no advancement in the position I had as social worker.
Great company
RN (Current Employee) –  IdahoNovember 16, 2015
DSI is a really good company to work for. Corporate is supportive and wants clinics and employees to succeed. Benefits are good. Physicians and staff are great to work with.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Not enough pay incentives

Want to know more about DSI Renal Inc.?

Ask a question
Great
Home Modality Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MDNovember 5, 2015
Excellent staff , management, multiple resources and great working environment. Best dialysis company ever!!!. Keep up the good work.
Awesome teamwork and management
Clinic Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 5, 2015
DSI Renal have great management and corporate people. These people are always willing to help their staff at any time.

Teamwork is awesome. Nobody is left struggling and drowning with stressful task. Continues learning and self-enhancement is also a priority.
Awful Clinical Management
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Lyman, SCJuly 31, 2015
Ok company awful management that doesn't listen to employee and patients complaints !!!! Patients would complain about management and upper management would'nt do anything about it.
Pros
No salary cap
Cons
Poor management
Nobody cares about or defends you during tuff times
Corporate Employee (Former Employee) –  SCJuly 12, 2015
I was a corporate employee twice (laid off twice due to no fault of my own) but started as a secretary. This company is great but the managers are only out for themselves and if you get any kind of complaints against you, you aren't able to defend yourself. My boss avoided conflict at ANY COST and that even meant terminating me when an outside affiliates manager had a personal issue with me & fabricated a reason not to work with me.

I loved being an employee at DSI but just know you are ALWAYS disposable to higher management unless it benefits them. They will get rid of you in a heartbeat and throw you under the bus to make themselves look good.

The nephrology office they work with as an affiliate in SC has AWFUL management but amazing doctors so if you work here you also have to deal with that. The management there finds any way they can to make people's work lives difficult.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too may to list
nice place to work
Dialysis Tech (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2015
i liked working there. they work with me on my school hours. manager where friendly.my co workers where friendly. fun work place
supportive management.
Pros
they flexable hours
Fun workplace
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 10, 2015
Management was friendly and kind. They always had an open door policy. Really enjoyed the team and department. The office was well kept and made it enjoyable to come to work everyday.
Loved the Clinic, Hated the Corporation
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HawaiiJanuary 23, 2015
I worked as a Social Worker in Hawaii. I had a great Clinic Manager, a great Clinic Director, and really liked the people I worked with in my clinic and at other clinics on the island. The problem was/is that DSI is a major corporation that operates out of Nashville and really has no personal contact with "remote" employees like us. If there is an issue they do not get feedback but assume the worst. The parent company (DSI) is also very restrictive in patient care (not allowed to talk about anything, or help patients with anything that is not 100% directly realted to dialysis - even helping with housing or family issues). They very tighly monitor employee computor use and vere from the emploee handbook when it suits the corporation. I loved the clinic, but the DSI corporation to me was like something out of George Orwell's "1984"
Pros
I liked my Clininc Manager, Clinic Director, fellow employees, and patients.
Cons
I grew to hate the Corporation - no personal interaction and they were always scrutinizing.
Would work for DSI anytime
Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 2, 2014
Worked for DSI as a CCHT, found it quite a good company to work for, far better than some f the former companies I worked for, its patient care as usual, you are paid promptly for the work you perform, standards are better, I have no complaint about DSI only that I would not mind working there again if only they would spread their wings to south Florida, Florida really NEED REAL COMPETITION in the Dialysis field , the two major companies here are taking advantage of the PCT'S for being OVERWORKED and UNDERPAID They really deserve to be competed against......
Pros
very good company to work for
Cons
slightly more professional managers
Fast paced chronic dialysis clinic
Staff RN/ Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 19, 2014
Start early morning dialysis treatments on chronic Kidney failure patients. Perform head to toe assessments, initiate treatment, and administer medications to patients during treatment. Monitor patients during treatment for any complications. I am also responsible responsible supervising ancillary staff and making sure the clinic runs as it should. I take care problems that may arise throughout the course of the day. The most enjoyable part of the day is being able to interact with the patients and caring for them.
Pros
Patient interaction
Cons
Shortage of staff and lack of structure
Great Company
Certified Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 12, 2014
Our work days were long but, we had a great team and pay was good.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare insurance cost