DSI Renal Inc.

DSI Renal Inc. Employee Reviews

Loved the Clinic, Hated the Corporation
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HawaiiJanuary 23, 2015
I worked as a Social Worker in Hawaii. I had a great Clinic Manager, a great Clinic Director, and really liked the people I worked with in my clinic and at other clinics on the island. The problem was/is that DSI is a major corporation that operates out of Nashville and really has no personal contact with "remote" employees like us. If there is an issue they do not get feedback but assume the worst. The parent company (DSI) is also very restrictive in patient care (not allowed to talk about anything, or help patients with anything that is not 100% directly realted to dialysis - even helping with housing or family issues). They very tighly monitor employee computor use and vere from the emploee handbook when it suits the corporation. I loved the clinic, but the DSI corporation to me was like something out of George Orwell's "1984"
Pros
i liked my clininc manager, clinic director, fellow employees, and patients.
Cons
i grew to hate the corporation - no personal interaction and they were always scrutinizing.
Nobody cares about or defends you during tuff times
Corporate Employee (Former Employee) –  SCJuly 12, 2015
I was a corporate employee twice (laid off twice due to no fault of my own) but started as a secretary. This company is great but the managers are only out for themselves and if you get any kind of complaints against you, you aren't able to defend yourself. My boss avoided conflict at ANY COST and that even meant terminating me when an outside affiliates manager had a personal issue with me & fabricated a reason not to work with me.

I loved being an employee at DSI but just know you are ALWAYS disposable to higher management unless it benefits them. They will get rid of you in a heartbeat and throw you under the bus to make themselves look good.

The nephrology office they work with as an affiliate in SC has AWFUL management but amazing doctors so if you work here you also have to deal with that. The management there finds any way they can to make people's work lives difficult.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too may to list
stressful do to lack of help and employees with no empathy or character.
RN (Former Employee) –  bartlett TnFebruary 27, 2014
A typical day at work started off behind because there wasn't enough help. I learned that the medical field is not for everyone.There is a lot of people working in the medical field that don't need to be. The turn around rate for managers was terrible. We went a year without a manager . The co-workers wouldn't listen to the managers they did whatever they could to make them quit. The managers wouldn't fire them either because they would have to fill in for them or because the turn around rate was terrible for the co-workers to.The hardest part of the job was trying to keep a safe ,peaceful,and clean environment for the patient.The most enjoyable part of the job was when you could achieve that safe, peaceful ,and clean environment it made the patients so happy and that made you happy.
I enjoy helping people in need.
PCT, CCHT (Current Employee) –  Seaford, DEAugust 24, 2013
DSI Renal is a very fast paced work environment. The company wants to have more patients and to get more patients you need time. There does not seem to be enough time in the day to help the patients with one on one care. The employees are burnt out from working exhausting hours and they call out all the time. That means more work for everyone else. The hardest part of the job is the time frames some times you have to work 12 to 14 hours a day and be back in at 4:30 am next morning. I love my job and helping patients. I just wish it could be more one on one care and employees would just come to work and do their work.
Pros
learning more about hemodialysis and kidney disease
Cons
employees calling out
Would work for DSI anytime
Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 2, 2014
Worked for DSI as a CCHT, found it quite a good company to work for, far better than some f the former companies I worked for, its patient care as usual, you are paid promptly for the work you perform, standards are better, I have no complaint about DSI only that I would not mind working there again if only they would spread their wings to south Florida, Florida really NEED REAL COMPETITION in the Dialysis field , the two major companies here are taking advantage of the PCT'S for being OVERWORKED and UNDERPAID They really deserve to be competed against......
Pros
very good company to work for
Cons
slightly more professional managers
Fast paced chronic dialysis clinic
Staff RN/ Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 19, 2014
Start early morning dialysis treatments on chronic Kidney failure patients. Perform head to toe assessments, initiate treatment, and administer medications to patients during treatment. Monitor patients during treatment for any complications. I am also responsible responsible supervising ancillary staff and making sure the clinic runs as it should. I take care problems that may arise throughout the course of the day. The most enjoyable part of the day is being able to interact with the patients and caring for them.
Pros
patient interaction
Cons
shortage of staff and lack of structure
Good dialysis company at the clinical level
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 17, 2014
DSI is a good dialysis company and at the clinical level a great place to work. Caring for patients is why I am a RN and this company allows me to fulfill that part.
Areas of advancement are nonexistent within the company. It seems advancement form within is discouraged and advancement from without is encouraged. In the past year announcements concerning placement of clinical mangers from outside the company were common, at least in my area.
Pros
ability to care for patients and become an important part of the healing process
Cons
advancement into management
Productivity throughout my time at DSI Renal, Inc.
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  Kaneohe, HIFebruary 11, 2014
I like working for DSI Renal, Inc.because there was something different to do everyday from checking results, monitoring the water treatment room, restocking supplies, weekly/monthly inventory control, maintaining supplies, and helping others. Another reason why I liked DSI Renal, Inc. is that there is a lot of responsibility that comes with job and the work keeps you busy until the day is over.
Pros
pay, benefits, co-workers, and job area
Cons
management control, minimal overtime, and no direction.
productive place to work
Account Reimbursement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 20, 2013
a typical day at work was hectic and fast paced, I learned a lot about dialysis. Management was cooperative, and co workers were fun. The hardest part about the job is that you are responsible for up to 180 facilities, however the most enjoyable part about the job was helping the patients and feeling like your work made a difference.
Awesome teamwork and management
Clinic Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 5, 2015
DSI Renal have great management and corporate people. These people are always willing to help their staff at any time.

Teamwork is awesome. Nobody is left struggling and drowning with stressful task. Continues learning and self-enhancement is also a priority.
Awful Clinical Management
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Lyman, SCJuly 31, 2015
Ok company awful management that doesn't listen to employee and patients complaints !!!! Patients would complain about management and upper management would'nt do anything about it.
Pros
No salary cap
Cons
Poor management
Feelings towards the workplace
Biomedical Technician (Current Employee) –  Kaneohe, HIDecember 12, 2013
This company is good but the co-workers that are dealt with could be better. Overall the company is good to work for and the job is exciting.
Pros
independant work
Cons
a lot of blame going around and no attention to detail
Cold environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 20, 2012
I found management to very cold and the work to be unsatisfying. Because the company was losing money fast and in the red, advancement and even raises were skim to nothing. The culture was cut throat and every man for himself.
Horrible place to work
dialysis admissions coordinator (Former Employee) –  nashville tnMarch 8, 2012
These people do not care about their employees & almost looked for things to get people out the door so they could keep temp people & not have to pay benefits that way. You are overworked & under paid...
Cons
too many
Great company
RN (Current Employee) –  IdahoNovember 16, 2015
DSI is a really good company to work for. Corporate is supportive and wants clinics and employees to succeed. Benefits are good. Physicians and staff are great to work with.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Not enough pay incentives
Fun workplace
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 10, 2015
Management was friendly and kind. They always had an open door policy. Really enjoyed the team and department. The office was well kept and made it enjoyable to come to work everyday.
nice place to work
Dialysis Tech (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2015
i liked working there. they work with me on my school hours. manager where friendly.my co workers where friendly. fun work place
supportive management.
Pros
they flexable hours
Great
Home Modality Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MDNovember 5, 2015
Excellent staff , management, multiple resources and great working environment. Best dialysis company ever!!!. Keep up the good work.
Do not recommend
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJanuary 8, 2014
Poorly managed, on your feet all day with short breaks. Hard to reach the MD and she didn't work well with staff.
Pros
good hours
Cons
short breaks
good experience
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 5, 2013
Good company that believes in a patient first culture. Learned quite a bit, and look forward to returning to this specialty area