DSI Security Services

DSI Security Services United States Employee Reviews

Great staff to work with, everyone is very nice
Kat Parkinson/ job position Security guard (Former Employee), Jesup GeorgiaMarch 16, 2015
Pros: over time hours, decent breaks, safety comes first
Cons: no health benefits
DSI Security Services at the Jesup paper mill is a great company to be employed by. The staff are all very nice, people are willing to work together, and everyone is about staying safe.
It fills in the gaps while seeking a better job
Guard (Former Employee), FloridaNovember 18, 2014
Pros: paycheck, none police looking uniforms
Cons: pay, no raise, at thier mercy in posts, paper work, having to pay them to apply.
Sometime back I applied and it was like all the rest of them out there. The hype, talk and waving the flag kind of stuff. Decided after talking with some people who also worked there to post my experiences.

The first thing was all the ridiculous paperwork you had to fill out and read. Tests that are nothing more than to check to see if your literate and the stuff you sign and read seems to imply that anything you do wrong is your fault.

The pay is very peckish and I doubt one could afford the so called health insurance they offer. Minimum wage during training? Really? I recall over the years you got paid the wage you worked while training on the job.

No retirement package of course being a contract value added work as your required at will thing. Nothing new and expected. They charge you for drug testing, background and credit checks. So they come out ahead already in the event you don't work out and or you decide to move on.

Worked for them a bit and decided enough was enough. As much as I believe in giving your best and believing in yourself as a professional this company like the rest do not pay you professional wages or merit training with points to augment your pay. In fact in all the paperwork you read and sign they practically seem to scream you are paid a contract wage as the client wants to pay (low bid - duh) as well as saying more or less work as you are required to and you will get a pay check.

In these times always believe in yourself and do the best you can but don't limit yourself to this company I am sure others out there (maybe) might provide something you seek as a professional in practice as well as heart.
Great place to work!
Security Guard (Current Employee), Sumter, SCSeptember 26, 2014
Learned lots of skills. Got to work with and exciting group of people. Work schedule was very flexible to accomidate home life.
GOOD FAST PACE OVERALL
Security Officer Level 3 (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 21, 2014
Pros: descent pay for then.
Cons: know heads up at contract renewal time.
PROFFESSIONAL AND ASSISTING MANAGEMENT.
REINFACIZED ALL ASSPECTS OF SECURITY WORK PER SITE DUTIES.
DIFFICULT TO LEAVE THEIR SERVICES.
GOOD CO-WORKERS COMRODIERY UNTILL THE OPTION TO ADVANCE REARED ITSELF.
What I learned
Security Officer (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: opportunity to work overtime and grow within the division.
I learned that there was more to being a security officer than I thought it would be.
Good Job
Security Officer (Former Employee), Albany, GAJune 3, 2014
Pros: very easy job
Cons: management
This personally was my favorite job aside from the pettiness of my former coworkers and management but the management for this company showed favoritism. Overall though it was a fairly easy job as long as you stay to yourself.
Ok work place
Security Officer (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 21, 2014
This a decent place to work. I have work at this company for the past 6 years.
Quiet work place
Security Guard (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 15, 2014
I love this job because it is nice and peaceful. A typical work day for me consist of me checking ids before allowing individuals threw our gates.
A very productive environment
Security Guard (Supervisor) (Current Employee), Sumter, SCFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: no benefits
A averge day at work for me is very busy from the time I walk in the door. It is my duty to make sure that all my employees know what they needs to be doing and if they need any help on anything.
Generally well managed place to work to gain some experience as a security officer.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: easy work, friendly coworkers.
Cons: had to eat lunch during work hours, no benefits, no room for advancement.
A typical day at DSI would be to record any loaded truck containers coming in/out of the rail-yard, check empty crates for items, write D.A.R.'s, (Daily Activity Reports) and watch over the clients area through security cameras. I learned typical security officer skills for a client, what to do if there is any problems and how to handle them properly. the hardest part of that job was getting the hours that I wanted to work. When I was with DSI, I would work the night shift from 12AM to 8AM, 6 days out of the week.
fun atmosphere
Security Officer (Former Employee), miami flDecember 22, 2013
come in walk the premises get the job done and nobody will bother you
It was boring
Security Officer (Former Employee), Madison, FLDecember 9, 2013
I would usually just patrol around, and it would take for ever to get a callback when calling for help.
Security Services
Security officer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 16, 2013
Security officer at Winn-Dixie Central Distribution/ full time
Checking documents for all vehicles entering/leaving the property (trucks, cars, services vehicles), searching employees belonging/cars upon entering/leaving premises, monitoring CCTV cameras, dispatching trucks, input cargo information in computer, answering phone, etc.
fun workplace
security (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 24, 2013
great co-workers
alot of over time
great management
patrol area
Review
Security Guard (Former Employee), TallahasseeAugust 23, 2013
Pros: hours.
Cons: nothing was stable. you would never make over 8.00
The good quality about DSI was you could count on having hours once you got started, no benefits, but it kept you with a little money to work with until you found better employment.
coroperative
Security Officer (Former Employee), palentine illinoisJuly 24, 2013
Pros: night work
Cons: unsafe environment
very typical and easy work easy to follow instructions and get along with peers
not a good place to work
Security officer (Former Employee), Dulin ga.July 9, 2013
Cons: management did not solve problem
Making hourly walks through a housing , and enforcing curfew. Some peoples or hard to understand. Management was very bad. Work alone on my shift. Enforcing the rules. A day without problems
Excellent company with a broad range of locations in the Southeasten United States.
Security Guard (Current Employee), Dothan, ALApril 15, 2013
Pros: you get a lot of good excercise walking security rounds.
Cons: anyone unable to be occassionally confrontational might find these duties hard.
Different posts require that one take brief verbal orders and assess how best to implement these with the client. Over time orders are more refined, but it is up to the Security Officer to operate as independently as is expected for the given post, essentially figuring out how best to perform in that location as he or she goes along. DSI supplies two sets of uniforms and a jacket in the appropriate season without charge. You would be charged if you did not turn it in upon leaving. Management is organized and available 24/7. I like all the co-workers I have met. I've learned about the places I've been posted, so that has been the most enjoyable part of the job as well.
Very Good Workplace and Environment
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee), Perry, FLDecember 18, 2012
A typical day at work would mostly be just driving around all night checking gates and making sure they are locked.Management are good people. The co workers are some times hard to get along with.The hardest part of the job was staying awake at night. The most enjoyable part of the job was driving around in the company truck.
Professional workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee), Valdosta, GANovember 25, 2012
Great Experience. Co-workers were friendly and courteous. The hardest part of the job was staying awale

DSI Security Services Salaries