DSI Security Services Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 23, 2017
Good company to work for. Guaranteed 40 hour work week plus benefits. Enjoyed meeting new people who worked with me every day. Got a lot of exercise while working here.
Terrible Company; Turn Back Now
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  West Melbourne, FLJuly 11, 2017
As it is with any security company of a similar pedigree, DSI rates as a terrible and opaque operation. Lack of valid communication between upper or even lower management with employees breeds low morale and constant turnover. Lack of adequate understanding of jobsites leads management to poor decisions often resulting in even more turnover and ramping stress with increased overtime and even less awareness of jobsite protocol.

Of the three security companies I have worked for since leaving the military this is by far the worst and woe be to those who sign up with them. They say s%$# rolls down hill, right? Prepare to be drowning in it.
Pros
Eventually you get to go home.
Cons
You have to answer to terrible leaders.
Do not work for this place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAJuly 9, 2017
I would not recommend working for this company. All they care about is making money. They do not care at all about the well being of their employees. The supervisor that I had was a joke for a boss.
Pros
Cons
Horrible company
Injoyed being a part of the agency.
In charge of Post scheduling/Time Sheets (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 9, 2017
To me working for this agency was an Honor and I would very much like to be an instrumental part of your securiy program again. I already have the knowledge of the job and will preform the assignments of the job in accordance with the standard's that is set by the agency.
Pros
Injoyed Client Contacts.
Cons
Would have liked very much to have remained in my position.
Productive community relations
Non-Commissioned Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2017
DSI is a great company to work for. They have thousands of employees throughout the United States and are able to take care of everyone throughout. From the managers down to the Supervisors, all have their fingers on every aspect of security and the assigned posts.
Pros
Good working enviroment without the pressures of "higher powers". Usually overtime
Cons
Long hours and usually many days in a row for work. Its security, though.
Love the people I work with, Love the company
3rd Shift Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 25, 2017
I love the people I work with and love the company itself. Just wished they offer better benefits and pay for what all we have to do with our job, and provide some type of protection to Security Staff. We deal with all kinds of people and have nothing to defend ourselves with or any of the employees of the "Client Company" we're contracted with at this time.
Cons
Need more pay for all we do and people we deal with on a day to day basis.
Super low pay & lazy managment
MWV main gate 1st Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Cottonton, ALJune 24, 2017
Management sucks...pay sucks.. can't ever get in touch with Corporate. Took my money for my license and my passport photo and never received my license. Worked a job over a year underpaid and once I started a fuss about correcting my pay was fired. Don't work here.
watch your back
Guard (Former Employee) –  Albertville, ALJune 20, 2017
The only thing I can say about DSI is "watch your back" . The only thing they care about is getting paid by the client. Should someone make a complaint, or question anything you do,they are no help, just watch out for the wheels on the bus as it "rolls over you ". The last day I worked for them, I was on my way to shift, was called by supervisor and told to report to a different plant, was told someone made a complaint about me the day before. She could not, or would not, tell me who made the complaint or what it refereed to. Upon further questioning, I was told I could not work at that facility anymore and a change of venue was my only choice. I asked if they were going to investigate and was told the matter was closed, at which point I told her, I resign. I don't need to work for a company that abuses it's employees and dose not care what happens to them.
Pros
None that I can think of
Cons
too many to mention
Workplace is clean, safe and fun at times.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALJune 20, 2017
Work culture is fast paced and disciplined. 40 hour full time work week with holiday pay and vacation leave time.
Company has fair benefits of medical insurance and 401K retirement. A typical day at work can be pleasant but fast paced.
Pros
holiday and vacation leave pay.
Cons
no lunch breaks and employees are paid to work through it.
provides minimum pay for minimum standards
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 19, 2017
Definitely a transitional job. Not much pay for what the job consists of. No future or advancement. Equipment used in everyday functions of the job is in poor condition. Daily SOP is not followed by every officer.
Pros
good supplemental job
Cons
not a job to base a career on
Clean and friendly environment to work in.
Peco security (Current Employee) –  Bay Springs, MSJune 16, 2017
This seems to me so far a very friendly place, everyone's willing to help you to understand what your job is consist of and how to learn it in a way you'll understand.
Job sucks
Security Officer/ Scale House (Former Employee) –  Bakerhill, ALJune 14, 2017
Management doesn't do their job. You only make 8.25 an hour and there is no advancement. Training is funny. Need another job just to get by. You are just a body filling a seat. You are not properly trained. Trained 2 days and left alone.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Low pay
Easy job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJune 11, 2017
I worked with truck drivers, so I learn how to deal with impatient people. Learn how to keep paperwork organized, while keeping an eye on the property around you. Multi-tasking is the key to survive..
Pros
Job security
Cons
No pay raises
nothing
Officer (Current Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAJune 1, 2017
puts you to work and expect you to provide the essentials the company have to supply, frequently shorts you on pay, changes your pay without your knowledge to keep from going over there budget, from my current experience it's an all around horrible company.
RUDE RACIST OWNERS!
opps manager does not care about employees
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Winder, GA 30680May 28, 2017
Opps manager is very rude and talks down on people. Vey unorganized site and lacks communication. very under staffed and makes current employees work harder and more hours because they do not want to staff correctly
Work experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dothan and Abbeville AlabamaMay 21, 2017
I was responsible for making sure everything was secure and kept detail logs of checks during the night
I also was responsible for making sure nothing was stolen and checking in on what was coming through and exiting the gates.
N/a
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 18, 2017
It was an good job to start off. You have to know how to do log sheets and patrol areas. Management sometimes work with you, if you have something come up. Nothing was hard about working with them.
average
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNMay 16, 2017
its a decent company the only one that gets full time is the supervisor you have to fight for hours and no advancement even tho they say room for advancements
Easy job, but no benefits, and no inclusion
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 16, 2017
The job itself was very simple and not physically demanding. However, the contracted site I worked at thought very little of the security staff, and interaction between the company and the security force was almost non-existant.
Unorganized environment
Site Supervisor Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 12, 2017
Lack of proper management. Officers should be paid more for what they do. Officers are forced to do overtime. No regards to your family or personal life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSI Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5