DSI Security Services Employee Reviews in United States

Great company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 6, 2016
This was the first Security Company I've worked for and I must say THEY ARE THE BEST !!! They were very professional and understanding. I've received a .50 raise after only working a month with them.
Go to work do your job and go home it is that simple but this company just makes it more difficult than it should be
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2016
This company is good if your just starting out in security. Be prepared to work outside year round! On 59th location it's like high school all over again. Co workers are very childish!!! You get a guaranteed schedule that will never change. Only advancement is when someone quits or gets fired then you might be able to take their spot. And it's only a 25 cent difference. Possible overtime! (More than often) .... The job it self is super easy!!!!! Wish the pay was better!
Pros
Guaranteed 40 hours or more
Cons
No breaks. Dirty booth! Bad AC and heat in the booth. Drama between coworkers
Great Company, But Okay workplace
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 11, 2016
I was actually hired by the company after the site I worked at was taken over by this company. The district manager is a nice person who will actually listen to what you have to say. I do believe the company should look at who they promote above the regular guards, I feel like the site where I am at pretty much tells us what to do, but atl east I am not in a shack all day. At my site ( hospital setting ) I get to walk around and pretty much do whatever I want. ( Till certain details at certain times ) I would say if you get hired by this company, make the smart move and see what the site is like. If it's a guard shack, of course its gonna suck. But if its something like a medical center, you should have a good workday. I wouldn't give this company 5 stars but it's up there with being a somewhat good company.
Pros
Fast paced, Overtime is rare but there, make friends, paycheck on time
Cons
management, lousy pay increases for next level of promotion, mandatory training monthly
Very unprofessional and unorganized
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALDecember 10, 2015
Management is very unorganized. The pay is low even for armed positions. The training is not there every aspect of this job is bad especially at the Birmingham. I am only working here to make it through the holiday season.There is no room for advancement and management is rude and unhelpful I would not work here ever again. It is ok for supplemental income but they expect you to alter your entire life around the job for substandard pay.
Pros
Cons
Every aspect
Terrible management.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dobson, NCJanuary 26, 2016
Terrible management, they expect you to come in on a day off and do computer training, or come in for a meeting off of the clock.Management does well to utilize a telephone. They purposely kept my last paycheck and expected me to drive 2.30 hours to pick it up. The entire chain of command seems to be lost in limbo somewhere.I actually worked for them for a year and drove 45 minutes a day.When I went for the Armed Cert, all of it was out of my pocket, my personal weapon that I had to buy, so that was over $500.00, then the School was three hours away.....Out of my pocket, meals out of my pocket, Hotel out of my pocket. This is a very cheap company and you are merely a person to occupy space. I strongly do not recommend it to ANYONE.Terrible medical, and the Office personnel that was in charge of the paper work didn't even process my paper work, it costed me $300 dollars because of an inept individual working in the office.All she could say was " My Bad." No repercussions whatsoever .
Pros
Occupy Space
Cons
Occupy Space
Very unorganized
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 19, 2016
The post itself is great but the head of security is constantly changing the schedule without notice, cutting some peoples hours and over working others, and is constantly changing the rules to make it where we're doing stuff not security related. You are always on call so dont make any plans on your days off or expect to get off on time half the time!
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Productive and nice place to work
Security Officer at Rich Product (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAAugust 7, 2016
A typical day at work would be checking in trucks as they go to load and deliver product. I learned more about what Rich's Product actually makes at the plant. Management could be better. There is no effort to improve or to grow in the company that is why I am looking for something else. Overall, DSI security is a nice job.
Cons
No room to grow or be promoted
Terrible Company with Even Worse Management
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  AlabamaMarch 26, 2016
I've worked for this company for a few years. There is low starting pay, people given management positions with ZERO leadership skills, and almost no communication between the officer and the branch office.
Pros
it's a job, better (almost) than selling your body for $$$
Cons
Inept management, bigotry, money is the bottom line and you are expendable.
Not even security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 13, 2016
I worked for a week and it wasn't even security. Companies hire them like Kelly services to fill positions. I was weighing in wood trucks. I have been in law enforcement over 10 yrs and when I asked about inspections and security of the property, I was told I had to stay at my desk window and wait for a truck so I could weigh it. Lol they are not security at all
Pros
Cons
Call in when needed, not security work at all, captain had never done any security work, had me take drug test at mcdonald bathroom
Worst place to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJuly 6, 2016
The head manager is very rude. They over work you and don't care about anything else. They actually expected me to get up all ours of the night with an 8 year old and work God knows how many hours. They also like to hang up on folks and are unprofessional. They need some serious work because their turnover rate is ridiculous.
Pros
It was close to home
Cons
Everything else
Enjoy working for the client, not DSI
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCJune 26, 2015
Working for the client is very enjoyable, but the company I work for, DSI Security, is not so great to work for. In over 2 years there have been no raises or negotiations for a raise. Calls to upper management go unanswered for weeks, sometimes months.
Pros
Lasting relationships with employees
Cons
healthcare, neglectful management, pay raises
Security guard work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLMarch 17, 2016
it is a job at least and steady but only bennefit is paid vacation, no sick days. As security at a resort learned more about working with customers.
Pros
steady work
Cons
bennefits non-existent basically
You need to start somewhere.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 2, 2016
This company is a decent place to start out if you have no prior experience in security, however you can not thrive here. Once you work up a resume here jump ship for better pay and benefits elsewhere.
horribe indescrible management/officers
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2016
Definitely would not recommend to anyone. This company isn't legit. The branch manager shows favoritism to ones he like. The rules they come with are made up.
Pros
Cons
EVERYTHING
Not a great place to work for if earning a living
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJuly 6, 2016
Not a great place to work for if earning a living. Boss is great as well as the workers I work with. If you would like to know more about this company just ask
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atkins, ARAugust 21, 2016
Very good job. You have to be able to get to work every day, you cant miss for weather. It is a lot of walking but it is good not to be stuck in one place all the time
Unprofessional
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAAugust 4, 2016
The worst company I have ever worked for. Warning!!!!!! Do not work for this company. Very unprofessional manager and company
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional
fun place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJune 12, 2016
DSI good company and management. local management very knowledgeable of his people and guidlines. coworkers very frendly, hardest part was the path to check diggies.
Ok employer some issues with level of professionalism
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJune 1, 2016
I believe this is a good company overall. However it is a small and not very involved company. I had a small window of notice for schedules.
fun, fast paced, and exciting.
Security officer, public weigh master (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALApril 7, 2016
This was my favorite job, they taught me a ton of cool stuff and were always understanding and appreciative. I would work for this company again in a heart beat.
Pros
fast paced, challenging, and exciting.
Cons
people did not always like us in the guard shack.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSI Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5