DSS Research Employee Reviews

Ok
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 23, 2017
They're okay the typical day was simple but long and kind of boring. But out of it I did gain a lot of customer service experience. They need to be better
Pros
good place to get your feet wet
Cons
management, felt like i was in jail, short breaks, wanted you to do overtime but no pay you had to get up to so many hours just to get overtime pay, not 40 hours, every Saturday work
Not so good
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  White Settlement, TXMay 8, 2017
A day working at dss is not all that it seems to be even though your sitting down all day the requirements for this job can be overwhelming and the management there was okay.
productive
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 1, 2017
I really enjoy working at DSS. My boss is very understanding and always willing to help. I wish they offered me benefits other than that I have no complaints.
Work can be repetitive and tedious but a great stepping stone to a better job.
Phone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 26, 2017
Great job for people to soak in call center experience. Pay is actually pretty good compared to how easy the work is. Use this job as a stepping stone to a better job when and if possible. Management have their favorites, but over all this is a good company to work for and the people here, and the ones you talk to are what make the job bearable and worth it.
Alright
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 7, 2017
At first the job was fine, very repetitive and the people I called were mostly rude or just hung up but the pay was alright. The hours need improvement. Management was rude also, there was no sense of "family" type job. And they always had something to complain about. After a while I just got fed up with it because there was the feeling of unfair. This is job that will hire you immediately because people are always leaving so that should say something haha.
Pros
sitting, a lot of daydreaming time
Cons
boring, repetitive, management sucked
Managment
Lead Project Interviewer (Former Employee) –  White Settlement, TXApril 5, 2017
You have little of no interaction with management. Though chain of command is effective, there is little room for advancement because there is a barrier between the employees and management.
You had to make sure and have a certain quality on your interviews
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 11, 2017
A temporary call center. No opportunity for advancement. Management was very helpful if you had a problem or question. Had to have a certain amount of interviews on a daily basis.
Pros
Halloween
Cons
Water cups
An amazing team
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 27, 2017
I enjoyed working with this group of people, the location was convenient and the schedule allowed me the necessary time to pursue my degree plan. This is a good entry level outbound calling center for a patient individual who is interested in statistics.
Pros
Great management team
Cons
Lack of Benefits
Great place to gain experience and that's about it
Healthcare Survey representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 26, 2017
I had a somewhat ok experience working for DSS Research. Unfortunately I had to leave but I wanted to warn anyone who chooses to work there, DO NOT BUY THEIR HEADPHONES!! I purchased headphones from them for 40.00 because they told our group that if we got them that they would take the money out of our paychecks and if we left the job in the future that we could sale them the headphones back for a 40.00 refund. After I left I called to make sure before I drove all the way up to the job from my home if I could sale my headphones back and they said no. So if you just have to work there, DO NOT BUY THEIR HEADPHONES just use the used ones because they will not give you your money back. Also there's some childish unprofessional people including the head manager that work there also so just keep to yourself and keep your associates there to a minimum. Also when you choose your shift hours, make sure that you choose the right hours for you because they will not let you change your hours. That was one of the reasons I had to leave.
Pros
N/a
this job is a good place to start Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 25, 2017
Perfect attendance for entire tenure. Facilitated all new hire orientation and client service examples.Monitored team phone calls to maximize service and productivity levels.
productive work environment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 24, 2017
A typical day at dss research would be keep dialing and complete surveys on or about healthcare. answering questions for the respondents and continuing the actual survey
It's ok just to get your feet wet
INTERVIEWER (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 27, 2016
If you are interested in working through a call center with no experience, this is a great place to start. It is easy to get hired but the hours aren't fully 40 a week. It is an ok place to work but not exactly what i want to be doing, just doing it to get some experience under my belt so i can get a better one.
Pros
easy entry level position, scripted interviewing
Cons
not 40 hours a week
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 26, 2016
Making outgoing calls to people to gather information. Must be computer literate. It was a very easy job. I enjoyed every bit of working for this company.
Pros
Long breaks.
Cons
Nothing.
not a good place
mail room (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 14, 2016
The management is not fair-minded, there is no room for growth with in this company, no raises. preferential treatment is given to some employees while others are harassed. The company as a whole treats most employees very badly with slanderous behavior, name calling and just disrespectful
Pros
busy most the time
Cons
poor conduct by managers, very disrespectful, no raises, no promotions, no work/life balance
horrible business
Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 12, 2016
i was calling ppl and annoying them everyday to make money. i didn't like it. management was a joke and no one took anything serious
Pros
paycheck
Cons
everything else
Flexible employer, friendly environment
Data Capture Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 21, 2016
It's a great place to work. Management is exceptional but overworked, may ignore your requests for resources. No tuition reimbursement. Lots of entry level positions in mail services but little room for advancement
Decent Entry Level Position
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 31, 2016
Management is seriously lacking communication, leadership, guidance, and supportive skills. There is no training, nor any clear guidance. You are expected to learn your program by strictly reading the program manual.
Pros
Work/Life balance okay, laid back environment, casual dress
Cons
Most boring call crnter I'v ever worked for.
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Fort WorthSeptember 17, 2016
I have a lot of experience in call centers . We normally have music in the background we have fun we talk it's a good job but this job has no radio and u are not able to even speak with you're neighbor. If you speak with your neighbor for even a second you hear someone in the back scream "keep dialing". U have to dial back to back non stop. I also don't like how I got hired beeing told I'd work mon-fri and when I started working I had off Thursday's and Sunday's so I have to work 10-6 on saturdays. I Hate this job have only been there 3 weeks and it's the more boring job Iv ever had!
Pros
Only pro is that there is no selling involved
Cons
No music no speaking to neighbors . Nothing but dialin in a quiet room and kinda dark too
Strict when it comes to handling personal issues
Health Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 6, 2016
i was pregnant when i worked for this company i obviously had to get check ups and they didn't like me missing work so much so i had to leave the job.
Pros
sometimes they would tell us to leave early on saturdays
stable source of income in relativity easy to adjust conditions.
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 1, 2016
Bit of a learning curve with only 2 days of training and the rest being learned from mistakes. Great and helpful management however.
Pros
Snack machines, breaks, helpful management.
Cons
Constantly angry customers, management and helpers stretched thin.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSS Research. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7