DSS RESEARCH

DSS RESEARCH Employer Reviews

If you're looking for something w/benefits and plenty of room for advancement, keep looking.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), White Settlement, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: call center experience, accessible location, different part time hours available
Cons: no full time shifts, no benefits, short breaks, communication, uncomfortable headsets, outdated technology
Soon, there won't be any full time shifts available. If you're looking for part time, that's fine. If you're looking for full time, I highly recommend you keep your job hunt going.

The work is very monotonous and repetitive. You have no freedom w/the script and have very limited information which can become frustrating. They claim to be so big on QA – more... but there are so many people who are doing horrible in calls and haven't been called out on it. It makes the people who are working hard to do a good job, not want to because in the end, does it really matter? Instead of focusing on quality, they focus more on attendance, break time, etc. Of course, an employee should be following the rules in every respect but they've lost some good employees over mundane things while they lost their BIGGEST client over QA. You'd think they'd take quality more seriously.

There are no benefits and the only way you can get a raise is by moving to another position which is extremely restricted. Your best bet is to become a "Team Lead" but there's not really any teams. They get paid $1 more to do floor support, have access to email, and act as a witness when someone gets written up. That position used to have a lot more responsibility but it's been numbed down so much by upper management.

Most of the people that work there try to have a good attitude and are generally good people. It's one of the few positives. There are a few people in upper management who actually do show that they care and try to do what's best.

After being there for some years now, the only way I'd recommend this job to anyone is if they're in dire need of a part time job. If you have experience, please don't waste your time here. Just about everyone I know that works there now is trying to leave. – less
Casual but unreliable
Call Center Operator (Current Employee), White Settlement, TXAugust 4, 2014
Pros: decent pay, calm work enviroment
Cons: boreing, unreliable work load, random seating assignment
Little to no presence of management (unless you count call center floor support). Pay is decent at $10.50 an hour but there's no pay raises and promotions are both random (in personnel selection) and infrequent. Often not enough work to go around, resulting in frequent drop in available hours (unless you like sitting and staring at a blank computer – more... screen for hours). This lack of work also results in near monthly layoffs (layoffs seem random). Job is easy, comprised of calling people to conduct healthcare surveys. Worst part of the job is the lack of people who will stay on the phone with you (resulting in hours of boredom). Most people seem to have a problem getting stressed by angry people they call (this is only a problem if you have anger/stress management problems). Atmosphere of the work environment is normally very calm (unless you are nervous about making your calls, of course).

oh, and one last thing. The management never seems to have any clue about who is assigned to working at which desk. This results in many new employees suddenly working at your computer (being told it's now their desk) or current employees being shuffled around to new desks, some of which happen to be already assigned to other employees. We are asked to provide input on way to improve the work environment or fix problems with things at work, but nothing is ever done (even if it's a problem with a survey).

And for those who think you can just read a book or use your phone (makes calls, brows the web, play some apps) while there's nothing to do; you're out of luck. The only things we can do during down times is draw, do cross word puzzles, or word searches. Nothing else is allowed at the desk. (this is why is so unbearably boring) – less
good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), fort worth txAugust 1, 2014
had to call customers and get them to take health care surveys.
Call Center
Director of Telephone Data Collection (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 22, 2014
I currently direct a call center of 423 representatives that conduct both inbound and outbound calls for healthcare insurance clients. I also direct my own Training, HR Recruiting, Quality Assurance and Workforce Management departments. My direct reports include:
Employee Development Manager I
Quality Assurance Manager I
Employee Attendance Manger I – less
Productinve Place To Work
Call Representative (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TxJuly 22, 2014
Pros: extra hours are offered at times, and if you are in school they work with you when it comes to your schedule
Cons: short breaks, no benefits, no pay raises.
Typical day at work involves making several outbound calls to respondents concerning their satisfaction with their current insurance plan.

The hardest part of the job is having to deal with respondents that are disrespectful and having to keep composure and stay professional.
All about their business
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), White Settlement, TXJuly 3, 2014
Real laid back environment. Very calm and peaceful. Just make sure you are taking the surveys correctly!
Okay place to work
CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), fort worth txJuly 2, 2014
Pros: ecperience
Cons: managment was not good, favoritsim
Gives you good opportunity in a call center, but the face that so many bad apples have spoiled it for the bunch sometimes its difficult to get a job using this as a reference.
Not a good place to work at!
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 29, 2014
Pros: part time for students, 10.50-11.50\hour
Cons: far, horrible management
DSS WAS a great place to work at but after new management came in the picture, it was a totally different story. I was promoted as a more than just an outbound call center employee where I was able to get some feedback on how things were ran. A new manager came in and changed everything, I understand we needed some rules, and guides but not to where – more... you want things to be a complete dictatorship. The new manager was rude and would constantly talk bad about his employees to other upper level management. I remember him saying how he did not care about the people there. he would keep a constant eye on those he didn't like and found any little thing to get them fired. He is a disaster and the worst "manager" anyone could have. No professionalism by employees, dress code is a mess, strict rules, lunch breaks and breaks, no raise even if your the best caller there. I hated it!!! The girls restroom always stunk, and the break room is small for 200+ ppl. – less
I don't have much to say.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 28, 2014
At first I loved working at DSS, came to find out later on they do not offer benefits, change rules in the building without notifying you and you never get to interact with the managers. I barely know their names and I have never seen the major manager of the building and he is there everyday! They're not professional in my eyes.
Very interesting job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 29, 2014
My responsibilities as an interviewer are to make outbound calls daily to residents who have health insurance. My job is to make sure that the members understand the type of health plan that they have or other plans that the insurance company may offer. I also perform satisfaction surveys to make sure that members are happy with the plans and benefits – more... that they currently receive from their health insurance company. – less
Lots of downtime in a cubicle
Interviewer II (Former Employee), Fort Worth TXApril 3, 2014
Shifts would be spent using an autodialing program to contact people enrolled with health insurance companies, when connected to a willing participant would read through a scripted survey to assess their satisfaction with the company.
Very Repetitive/No Advancement
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), fort worth,txMarch 10, 2014
I worked here 3 years with no raise. The job is very easy you do over the phone interviews.
Boring
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 5, 2014
Pros: 30 minute lunch & two 15 minute breaks
Cons: everything else
Good place to get call center experience & that's it. If you are looking for a professional environment DSS is not the place for you.
Fun environment
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 5, 2014
I enjoyed employment here. The staff were very courteous and were there to help and assist us on making our jobs better. There was not one person there that I did not enjoy working with.
Outbound Calling
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Haltom City, TXFebruary 17, 2014
I did surveys for healthcare beneficiaries. The hardest part of the job was calling people and having them hang up on you or getting mad at you. I understand people don't like being called so I did not blame them for being angry. The greatest part about the job was having some of the customers laugh with you about the surveys and great conversations – more... with you. I learned not to take the way some of the customers talk to you personally. – less
its was a awesome job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 6, 2014
Loved the work place, very quite call center place, LEARNED slot and got some experience in the process
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), White Settlement, TXFebruary 3, 2014
It was mostly laid back and very helpful team members.
Conducting healthcare surveys over the phone. Sometimes it was easy-going, sometimes not so much due to the "customers" attitude of the day.
Strict workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), White Settlement, TXDecember 26, 2013
Pros: some paid holidays if you work your full shift the days before and after, earn pto.
Cons: back stabbing, no pay raises, no real benefits.
Constantly dialing on the phone, talking people into taking medical surveys, dealing with multiple personalities and dispositions both on the phone and with co-workers. No ability to move up, no pay raises, going all part time, no benefits, no room for errors.
Easy job
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), White Settlement, TxDecember 17, 2013
Pros: great environment
Cons: mostly part time
Everyday i come in and call all sorts of people about health care. I have learned a lot about marketing and etiquette, also alot of medical terminology.
Management is a lot of great people who are always by in case you need help.
the hardest thing about this job is keeping your mind occupied when your not getting a lot of answers.
The most enjoyable – more... things is a tie between the extra things management does for us and the good spirited people who take the surveys – less
a Comfortable workplace
Interviewer (Current Employee), Fort WorthDecember 15, 2013
the hardest part is getting someone on the phone, but other than that the enviorment is great and friendly. Supervisors are helpful when you need help and advice. Everyone tries to be close.

About DSS RESEARCH

DSS Research is an innovative market research firm that applies quantitative and qualitative methodologies, matched with state-of-the-art – Read more