DST Health Solutions

DST Health Solutions Employer Reviews

Great place to work!!
SR Health Care Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAMay 30, 2014
Pros: flex scheduling
Have a pretty flexiable work schedule, you are responsiable for yourself and how far you go, it is a production and quality environment. Great place to work, I have enjoyed my time here.
Too many layoffs and too often. Unstable.
Corporate Recruiter/Employee Relations (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 28, 2014
Pros: benefits except for pay
Cons: unstable environment
Worked to fill reqs in a timely manner while working closely with management.
Employee Friendly Company
HR Assistant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALDecember 18, 2013
Loved working there. A lot of benefit programs for employees.
The company only think about management
Customer service (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALSeptember 16, 2013
This company is the worst company I have ever worked for. The managers are unprofessional and are not friendly. The HR department is not one that I would trust to report anything too. The work for the company and not for the employees.

This company only reward management, when the hourly employees are doing all of the work. The management gets a bonus, – more... but not your hourly employees.

When a company chooses to place uneducated people in management, then this company is not what I thought it was. If some of the managers can't write a simple sentence, why is he/she a manager.

In the department that I work the manager has her favorites. This is something that I am trying to get away from. – less
Fun Place but Miscommnuication is the key
Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Homewood, ALAugust 29, 2013
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: job stability, miscommunication
I love the people. Everybody stay to themselves.I learn alot about claims and how the process works but there is a lot of miscommunication issues.
Healthcare billing company with good people
Health Care Coding Specialist (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 25, 2013
Pros: the ability to work from home
Cons: very corporate work structure
The people here are wonderful. They face a lot of challenges daily with so many new and ever-changing HIPAA regulations. They all work very hard and are VERY dedicated.
Horrible Company
Data entry (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMay 22, 2013
Cons: everything
DST does not care about their employees at all, only making money for the higher ups. There is no job security. They are moving all PA
jobs out to AL. so everyone here is scrambling to find something else. And they won't "contest" us filing for unemployment, like they're doing us a favor.
productive
mail clerk (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALNovember 27, 2012
Pros: hours
Cons: hate i did contract work thru temp
The best thing i learned is how to be patient dealing with big insurance companies that dont want to pay out
If anyone has the option to work somewhere else please do so.
Healthcare Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALSeptember 25, 2012
Not a very organized company to work for. Management is not concerned about their employees.
redundant job duties
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: internet access
Cons: not enough job opportunities
Job could be better not enough duties just one thing day after day and never switch around. Was told at interview that we would be folding letters and different thing but we do not do that either. Team lead does not get on phone and take calls to keep the calls to a minimum and all she does is talk on her cell phone.
management is a mess
Health Care Claims Researcher (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAAugust 29, 2012
Pros: cafeteria, job duties
Cons: benefits, management
DST was extremely flexible with my schedule but the management was very "high school" in that they chose favorites, didn't exhibit equal treatment, and in general wasn't sure what they were doing. Mostly they were too overwhelmed to help with anything so you needed to do a lot of problem solving and initiative. The other employees were more concerned – more... with personal relationships than the task at hand. The benefits were expensive and didn't cover much. The vacation time was nice. You could roll over unused vacation days but not sick or personal holidays. Overall, it was an ok place to work if you could seperate personal and professional ideals. The work itself was easy when trained properly but rules and standards changed daily so you had to keep up with it. – less
Team spirited professional, patient, and resourceful. Creative thinker, problem solver , effective in streamlining operations.
Facilitator (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 28, 2012
Pros: giving great customer service. knowing that you have actually help someone.
Cons: low morale
In the years of work experience,I have learned my most important mission is that. Customer Service is a plus, in every job or career that one my have.
Claim Production
Medical Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 18, 2012
Pros: flexible shifts
Cons: no insurnace or vacation days
Working a special project on entering old claims into data system.
great place to work
STAFF ACCOUNTING REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAAugust 14, 2012
I learned quite a bit about both accounting and review of legal documents. It was a great experience and I worked with some awesome people.
Productive fun place to work
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJuly 28, 2012
Flex scheduling, enjoyable supervisors, professional fun atmosphere.
Good job
A Processor (enrollment) (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAApril 16, 2012
Pros: make own hours
I was only there as a temp so I didn't really get a good feel for the company, but from what I seen it looks like a good place to work.
Productive work place. Very relaxed.
BPO Administrator (Former Employee), Birimingham, ALNovember 18, 2011
DST Health Solution is very up beat back end insurance company where many skills are formed and developed. Very friendly management and very relaxed environment as long as production is made in a timely manner. Benefits include two weeks paid vacation and free insurance, medical and dental, but advancement opportunities here can be very limited.

About DST Health Solutions

The feeling is mutual at DST Systems.┬áThe company┬áprovides information processing software and services to the mutual fund industry, – Read more