DST Health Solutions Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Productive but needs more organization
Enrollment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 13, 2017
DST would be a fine establishment if the enrollment department had more organization. Besides the that it's a great work establishment. They have days where they recognize the employees and give them ice cream. I cannot speak for the other departments only for enrollment. If they were to get the organization under control I would love it.
laid back
Provider/Member Maintenance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 28, 2017
although you were required to procees a certain amount of claims per day,no one was standing over you pressuring you, which made it not as stressfull as other places I have worked in the past
Pros
always celebrate holidays with treats
Cons
short breaks
Southfield, MI
Sr. Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 16, 2017
This place was definitely one of a kind. I would prefer not to speak negatively on a prior workplace so I will not. Just be prepared for a one of a kind experience if you work in the Southfield, MI office
Employee
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 10, 2017
This is really not a good place to work. The managers and supervisors are not fair, they are very disrepectful. You are not giving any training you have to learn on your own.
DST, is a stressful placed to work.
DATA CLERK SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 5, 2017
You are not trained properly and the co workers are very unprofessional. The dressed code is not taken serious, and the management there is not easy to approach.
Working is better than not
Provider/Member Maintenance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 31, 2017
You definitely work hard here and the hard work is often rewarded.You will learn aspects of Data Analysis, Governmental Compliance, and the current healthcare laws of this country. The other employees are great people. The hardest part can be pushing ahead when it seems others around you are clearly out of their depth. The workplace culture is overall positive.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Poor communication from management
very intense work environment
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 26, 2017
All the staff worked very diligently on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was that it was removed from one state and sent to another, so it resulted in a reduction of staff in the original location. So proud of the staff who unselfishly trained the people who replaced them.
nice place
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 24, 2017
good entry level job for someone that is single, without kids, great pay for the hours, good entry level postition for someone that is new to the customer service field.
You could not pay me to go back
Data Entry Associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 13, 2017
I worked at DST for over 16 years, was going on 17 years with the company when they let me go. It was cheaper for them to hire two temps to replace me than to keep me on full time making almost $17 an hour. It was a great company to work for until management wanted to start changing things in 2011. After that it was horrible, poor management, no communication, no structure or teamwork. If you went on vacation, there was no one there to help do your job because there was not enough people to do the job in the first place. Because of this, I worked a lot of overtime, trying to play catch up, especially if I went on vacation. Other days, it was all I could do in a day to keep my work caught up because management would want me to do other things to help them therefore my work was not getting done.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
poor management, no communication
Company closed all offices in US except Birmingham, AL
Healthcare Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 1, 2017
This company is no longer open in Pennsylvania. They have closed all offices except the home office in Birmingham, AL. Some former employees are working from home, but they are not hiring.
Pros
Employee appreciation events
Cons
Mandatory overtime.
It was a great place to work for, However the Management team not at all fair across the board
Refund/Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 21, 2017
It was a great place to work for, However the Management team made it not fair across the board with their employees. it was hard to trust Management.
Pros
Flex times, Benefits, Pay
Cons
Management not professional
Borderline Dysfunctional
Leader of Business Process Improvement (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 8, 2017
Very crazy environment. You could work all day and still not get the latest fire drill completed. Great people to have a beer with, but not effective in there daily work.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work Enviroment
This place is very disorganized
QA Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 23, 2017
The work is very easy, nothing complex. Management lacks the knowledge of their basic roles and responsibilities. Can't go to management for questions about your job. Lot's of micromanaging.
Data Capture Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 22, 2017
Pros- Productive, great benefits, plenty activities to participate in

Cons- management has no people skills and shows favoritism, didn't feel appreciated
Good Company
Data Capture Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 22, 2017
This is a great employer and the chances for advancement are extremely high. If you are willing to put forth the effort and show what you are worth it pays off in the end.
People were great
Senior Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 18, 2017
Poor advancement, yet great pay. High stress! That is in reference to the type of work field, healthcare processing is a fast-pace environment of change. Guidelines are changing sometimes daily. It is a challenging field to be in.
Pros
Management tries
Cons
Poor advancement
Decent job
Health Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 12, 2017
Jobs gives one stablility and room to grow in the company. Management could be better and company better organized. Most enjoyable about job is the flexiable schedule.
Pros
Flex schedule
Cons
Micro Management
Very fun place to work, management works with you and the general atmosphere was caring.
Data Capture Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 12, 2017
DST payed extremely well for someone like me and no matter what problem I had management was always willing to work with me and find a middle ground.

It wasn't always about work as we could all have conversations about our daily lives on breaks and we could build friendships quite easily.

I would definitely recommend DST to just about anyone.
Pros
Break rooms were spacious
Cons
None I can think of
Work from home
Consultant/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 11, 2017
Training is abysmal. It's a struggle to get help and support. It's a technology company that doesn't use or know technology. Too many chiefs with layer upon layer of management - no chance to grow or learn.
Senior Healthcare Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 24, 2017
Good co workers. Nice place to work. Health insurance out of pocket expense to employees needs to be lessened. Health insurance benefits need to be improved for employees
Pros
Free soda machine, Free ice and water, pays is good