DST Systems

DST Systems Employer Reviews

Mutual Funds/ Securities Control
Mutual funds/securities control Liason (Former Employee), Kansas City MOAugust 18, 2014
Pros: co workers were great people to work with
Cons: my boss, not! too much thrown at you in a short time and haven't learned everything i needed to
The department I worked in was so unorganized and training was poor. I was balancing client's commissions from the day they gave me my clients. This was not suppose happen until after 6 months of training. Too much expected from little training. Supervisor had no patience with new employees.
Great place to learn about Mutual Funds.
Lead Mutual Fund Rep (Former Employee), Kansas City MOAugust 11, 2014
The advantage of working for the company was learning about the various fund products.
A great company to work for.
Mutual Fund Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 8, 2014
Learned a great deal about planning my future. Enjoyed satisfying my clients.
Software Development Company with lots of travel opportunities
Principal Application Analyst (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 22, 2014
Pros: on the job training, advancement opportunities
Cons: not a lot of flexibility, long hours
DST is a great company to work for when developing a career. DST has great advancement opportunities.

Management at DST sometimes struggles with decision making as most large corporations do.

My least favorite part of the job was the travel requirements and the time spent away from the home office.

Overall DST is a great company to work for and to – more... have a career with. – less
Not a bad place to work out of college.
IT Applications Analyst Consultant (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 12, 2014
Work life balance can be good depending on the area. Advancement into management is limited and can be difficult to get into.
Mutual Funds Rep
Mutual Funds Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 7, 2014
Took calls from account holders in a modern call center environment downtown. There were lots of places to get help when clients asked questions. You could look on the websites, there were phone numbers to call, instant message other coworkers who worked for the same mutual fund, and of course your neighbor!
Typical Office Job
Client Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 15, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: lack of advancement
The is a male dominated company and it is hard to advance your career as a female employee.
Lead team member (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 23, 2014
Lots of opportunities to learn and grow in your career. Great work culture and benefits.
Retirement Mutual Funds
Senior Mutual Fund Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City MissouriMarch 22, 2014
Processing outgoing wires, preparing and distributing reports, placing outbound telephone calls to customers, receiving inbound telephone calls to customers, filing, faxing, data entry and copying documents.
Sorting, processing, and scanning mail.
Distribution Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 3, 2014
responsible for assessing client documentation needs and ensuring those needs are met. Must pay extreme attention to detail.
High Performance Company
Software Project Leader (Current Employee), Kansas City, MissouriJanuary 27, 2014
A typical day includes conducting triage on all incoming issues across several different products in a support environment. My team consists of associates that have 15+ years of experience at the company, they are highly knowledgable and are incredibly task oriented.
Great company
Security Dispatcher (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 25, 2014
Great pay and management was professional and organized compensated with pay and opportunities
GOOD
Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 23, 2014
Great experience alot of lnowledge in the fanancial industry
Director (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: job security, benefits, great people without egos.
Cons: other places have more holidays off. we are open any day when the stock exhanges are.
I am happier here than at any other job I held previously. The people are great, the attitude is that everyone is in it together, and the management really cares about people voicing their opinions. So much in fact that roundtable meetings are held regularly to hear the "voice" of the employee. The benefits are good... about what you would expect from – more... a big company. People work average hours. 7-4 or 8-5, with people staying later as needed. Overall a great company to work for. Any office politics that may exist are generally at the highest levels, and not seen or felt by the general workforce, which makes it feel less hierarchical. – less
Good team oriented environment; great managerial support; good advancement opportunities
MF/Corporate Securities Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: holidays off; good location; good pay
Cons: some slow days before holidays
The day consisted of setting up accounts and working on transactions for investors. I learned to work with a tight team. Management was very supportive of my efforts and extended my training as needed. The hardest part of the job was reading signatures on paperwork, but this was aided by the software used.
Great Company, Great Pay
Mutual Fund Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 6, 2013
Pros: pay, schedule, great training
Cons: managers, high expectations
DST is a great company to work for. They start out at a great hourly wage and they also work around your schedule if you work in the part time department. Even if you are in the PT department, they will let you work up to 36 hours a week so you can definitely make great money and still have a social life or go to class. I would recommend DST to anyone – more... and everyone. – less
DST small acryomn Big Company
Mutual Funds Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 4, 2013
Pros: competitive pay, scheduling
Cons: benefits
I managed mutual funds with mixed stock investments. It was the beginning of my lesson into investing and I learned alot. I loved talking to the investors.
DST
Analyst (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 31, 2013
My time with DST has been good to me. Job security is high, which is important and advancement is in line for driven individuals....more so for some than others.
A good company to work for
Mutual Fund Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 29, 2013
Pros: fast paced
Cons: lack of flexiblity
If you like a fast paced call center enviornment with great Team Leads, this is the company for you. Every phone call is sure to be different from the last due to the wide range of questions, issues, and services provided to clients.
Great money for a part-time job and going to school.
MF/Corp. Securities Rep (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 25, 2013
Pros: a lot of different job options
Cons: a lot of lazy people that dont do much
For the most part we come in and there isn't a lot of work to be done until scanning is finished and how much work you will get depends on what you do or what client you work with. The management is not very attentive and are very relaxed which is good if you are a self starter but for those who arent they get buy with not doing a lot. The co-workers – more... are pretty good for the most part there are a few that are lazy and dont do much just like every job. The hardest part of the job is if you are a hard worker and you are on a team that has a bunch of lazy people on it. Overall it is a pretty great company to work for there is room for improvement in some areas but what company doesn't ? – less

1 2 3 4

About DST Systems

The feeling is mutual at DST Systems.┬áThe company┬áprovides information processing software and services to the mutual fund industry, – Read more

DST Systems Photos