DST Employee Reviews in United States

Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 6, 2016
Enjoyed my time working at DST systems. Worked with a good group of guys. Not much room for advancement but pay is decent and lots of time off.
Pros
Lots of time off
Lead Business Analyst/Product Owner (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 31, 2016
DST was a good place to work. It was a positive work environment and the work was both interesting and challenging. The management was very supportive.
NSCC Department at DST
Client Service Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 22, 2016
My daily tasks consist of working on fund mergers, new fund-set up, and generally anything that comes into our email box. This would consist of questions regarding fund mergers, dealer files, trade settlement.

I enjoy the broker/dealer community and the behind the scenes aspect of my role.

Hardest part would be keeping over 90 mutual fund clients straight.
Pros
Relaxed work environment, tools to succeed
Regretful place to work
Mutual Funds Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 14, 2016
A typical work day at DST would be hands on computer sofeware, organizing request paper work for clients, sending in requested information. Attending meetings and sorting documentations.

What i have learned was the different cost for paper work and documentations when attending court or requesting certain documents.

Management wasn't far it was a lot of favoritism, you grow within the company if your liked by a certain individual.

My co-workers were very professional and easy to gt along with. They were very helpful when needed vise versa. Learn more from my co-workers about the job itself.

The hardest part about the job is making sure everything that was being requested was attached to the form. No mistakes or errors.

The most enjoyable part about the job was making a client happy or just knowing you the job was done correctly.
Pros
loved the team i worked with
Cons
management wasn't fair
productive a good place to gain experience
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 23, 2016
a good friendly place to work at. and learn different skills, the most hardest thing to is standing up all day, co-workers are always willing to help when needed.
Pros
get bonus
Cons
too many rules
Good company to work for.
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 22, 2016
I enjoyed working at DST, I learned a great deal about the financial industry and the career advancement was awesome. It was a great experience.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
N/A
DST cares
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 28, 2016
I loved working at DST System.Management was well informed and communicated updates of changes in the company policies. When updates were in question, there was an open door policy.
Pros
This company is very family oriented.
Cons
When i was laid off i was within three days of working there ten years.
Not the Worst - Far from the BEST
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 27, 2016
Going on 2 years, overall DST is a good company and there is a handful of leaders who want to make changes for the better. The group that I would consider the "face" of the company is the absolute worst when trying to get assistance to very basic questions, not friendly (speaking of the majority I've had to interact with) overall people simply do not respond to emails even if the answer is as simple as Yes or No, completely unprofessional! If you are an admin by most you are treated as if your opinions do not matter and treated like you are beneath others with a different title or at a higher level. I am fortunate enough to work with a great group of people, dealing with others outside of our group makes simplest of tasks more difficult than necessary.
Pros
The team I work with
Cons
Culture, Advancement, Training
Innovative and Inspiring Company that is always looking to improve itself.
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 10, 2016
Daily work includes handling client requests from low priority to critical tasks. Most requests handle the update of JCL and COBOL programs to meet client needs.
Great place to work in a downtown environment
Principle Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 11, 2015
Fun and challenging place to work with a fast pace. The associates in the office are helpful, thoughtful, and pleasant.
Cool Job
Kelly Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 9, 2015
Very easy and made since . the co -workers was mean not fair . to stay to yourself pick a tickets pull from different area put the order together and send it off to the line so they could send it off .
Pros
free wifi
Cons
short breaks
a great place to work
On Site Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHNovember 1, 2015
It is a good place to work,friendly crew, good pay and benefits. great place to learn overall enjoyed my time there. I would recommend this job to anyone
Pros
pay
Good benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 26, 2015
Good employee benefits. Supervisors are considerate. Managers are pro-company versus pro-employee. Being a Customer Service Representative is hard due to the call volumes per day. Very stressful and exhausting. Only reason why people stay is because of the pay.
Professional and Progressive Organization
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City MOOctober 10, 2015
I learned a great deal during my 24 years at DST. I am most thankful for the privilege of working with so many competent professionals that contributed to my career development. One of my main principles of work has been and will continue to be, to make the extra effort to assist others in their career development.

Opportunities are many at DST and warrant consideration if you are ready to begin your professional career or looking to make a career change. You will be challenged and rewarded for your effort. Training opportunities are excellent, Work Life balance is very good, and Management is very supportive in providing the resources needed to perform your job functions.
required strict attention to detail
Corporate Securities Representative Mutual Fund (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 17, 2015
was a very different job to any I have had before did require lots of questions which I am not afraid to ask the difficulty in needing those questions answered to complete job is that not enough resources available it required you to actually locate a person to assist with question, and lots of time only was very few available. At time there was no online resources or books on various mutual fund plans
Leadership changes have hindered environment
Product Management (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 15, 2015
CSC/DST Health used to be a cutting-edge, fun, challenging, rewarding company to work at but starting in 2013 management end executive changes have stunted this company.
Great place to start in finance but no room for advancement
OPERATIONS SOLUTIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 8, 2015
DST is a great place to learn the basics of back office finance and transfer agency operations. There is the ability to move between departments but that has been more difficult in the past year. The company does not value its employees as much as they should. The pay seems to be below industry standards and the raises are barely enough to cover inflation each year if you get one. Most lower management is great and work hard with everyone else. There is very little room to move up. People leave and are never replaced or replaced with someone who cannot fulfill the job requirements. Going above and beyond is not rewarded or praised.
Very unprofessional, ghetto, hostile environment, and lack of diversity..
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 6, 2015
This place is so unprofessional that it is almost unbelievable that any reputable companies still out-source their business to them at all. They claim they don't like "micro-managing" their employees, but when your employees are rude to customers and everyone else inside the company you need to be "micro-managed" to regain some sort of professionalism. The work is not as hard as it is to deal with the ghetto run mentality of the company and what goes on around you everyday. You have more people up and walking the floor talking very loudly, then you have working on the phones. There are constant emails sent out by management begging people not to use their cell-phones or facebook or playing games while on a call and of course they never work. It is really unbelievable! Most of all the training is 2 weeks max and taught by a team lead who talks badly about the company while you are in training..wow... I am telling you this company is a mess and it's a shame because most of the people who work there are black and they are the only ones causing the problems. If you want a job without people speaking rudely, talking about you, gossiping, talking loudly to others while you are on a call, or just being straight ghetto and unprofessional.. Don't even waste your time trying to apply there.. It's such a shame!
Pros
Wear anything to work, anything...no dress code at all
Cons
Everything else... Very ghetto like atmosphere.
Complex fast paced challenging
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 27, 2015
Support role includes Abend analysis daily, complex assigments and unpredictable work schedule. No flexibility for any work life balance.
Pros
Cons
Treated poorly with no trust and unfair reviews
Great Company
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  virginiaMay 6, 2015
Great working environment. People here are very professional and has great knowledge of their jobs. Best job I've had since becoming a contractor.