DST Employee Reviews

Was a good place to work until the last few years I was there.
Lead Distribution Rep (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 22, 2017
DST was a good place to work until the bought out another company and the brought in there team and changed our way of doing things and and if you were not one of there people you were treated like the under dog
Great atmosphere with small space with a pretty decent staff
DST tech (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 3, 2017
A typical day at work full surprises not really knowing what was expected or unexpected. Taught me to have great patience and a positive attitude towards customers and workers who were different from me. The hardest part of my day was dealing with workers attitudes who didnt understand the plasma culture. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting different people and having the chance to win over customers for my customer service excellence.
ok
Examiner (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 10, 2016
its ok, nice co-workers, good pay, good benefits, nice location, work-life balance. Management is rude and illknowledgeable about attendance policy, that's all.
Pros
pay
Cons
poor management
Standard corporation
Mutual Fund/Corp. Securities Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 31, 2016
I worked in a data processing department. Pretty monotonous day to day entering in information. Gained general management skills.
A great place to work they care about there employee's overall great palce to work
Mutual Fund Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 27, 2016
Would assist share holders with funds, transfer of funds and provided very secured acctount info as needed. Reviewed detailed account and tax info, beneficiary info, death precedents etc.
Pros
Free lunch when working through lunch, open and friendly enviorenment
Cons
No room for growth or advancment
mamagement and labor worked well together
Maintance Worker (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILSeptember 20, 2016
Great place to work alone side of daticated workers and management who facilitated a team orienicated at mosphere at DST.
Pros
Management listen to thier workers
Cons
not much chane for upward mobility, low pay
Great company to work for with advancement opportunity
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 19, 2016
Spent 20 years at DST Systems, Inc. in Kansas City where I started as an Administrative Assistant and through my hard work, I was able to secure two other positions within the company. I had an opportunity to advance my skills and work with internal clients both domestically and internationally, as well as gained some great friends.
Great management
Applications Analyst (Current Employee) –  RemoteAugust 16, 2016
DST has impressive management, and an excellent working environment. Because I work remotely, I have found that advancement is difficult.Overall, a great company
DST is a good place to work.
VP Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 12, 2016
I was with DST through Acquisition for 40 years. A great place to work. Fair treatment of all associates.

They are a financial service s company with a wide range of advancement oppoortunities.
Good
Manag (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 11, 2016
I learnt how to manage resources. Learn many tools and technologies. Less flexibility in work . Learning to work with offshore teams . Got an opportunity to learn different SDLC methodologies
used to be employee retention now layoffs are the norm
Lead Software Application Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 9, 2016
Rotation of management is the norm. Get to experience many management styles.
Get a chance to experience many teams of people, supporting or developing many applications and linking them together on multiple database technologies.
Pros
big buildings
Cons
open office environment
Great Place
Mutual Fund Representative (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJuly 26, 2016
This is a perfect job for any college student and for a full time position. Great atmosphere and great leadership. The best part about it is that there is always manager or seniors to help whenever a problem occurs.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
have to work Sundays
Not what it used to be
Several (Former Employee) –  KCJuly 23, 2016
Once a strong organization that truly valued its people assets are seemingly only interested in making revenue for its shareholders.
Pros
Decent Benefits
Cons
Can't trust C level
Great Learning Experience
Investment Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 16, 2016
I learned a lot of valuable things that I hope to use in other work environments. Especially how to create Macros in Excel, and that I loved writing them.
Growth company with the right opportunities to grow
Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 12, 2016
DST has a great set of employees with a lot of experience. The company is moving towards a new strategy of being a growth company. Over the past 2 years lot of youngsters have been recruited leading to a good blend of employees currently.
Productive and a great company.
Client Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 6, 2016
Very little room for growth. Layoffs happen each year and it is never easy. Also, there is a bit of micro management and the company's forecast is unpredictable
Pros
Fun work place
Cons
No Career growth
slowly moving jobs offshore, and reducing USA jobs
Sr systems project leader (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJuly 2, 2016
Worked at company for just under 6 years, and saw 5 rounds of layoffs. At the same time I was managing more people offshore, and they were expanding
Solid workplace and good people
Systems Admin Conultant MF/Unix (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 20, 2016
The coworkers and management at DST Systems are committed to high performance culture based upon consistent delivery of a good product to the client. This is an engaging workplace with no limits on how you can contribute from your position.
Mom & Pop organization shifting to collapse
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 3, 2016
I was brought into DST upon false pretenses of immediate (three to six months) escalation into another higher tier position. During that time span I was told that I could not be escalated without serving in my current position for a year. Which even then, some colleagues were stuck in their positions for years without advancement. Colleagues were against any and all change from what they considered outsiders to the point where the environment grew toxic due to constant negativity.

The company would rather export jobs to India or Thailand than support the country that it was founded in. This became clear when a main facility was scheduled for closure later in the summer of 2016.
Pros
Acceptable pay rate per hours worked.
Cons
Management, colleagues, lack of training over any duties
Typical work day.
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  South Windsor, CTApril 8, 2016
Troubleshooting various defects in high speed inserting machines. These defects tend to be mechanical, electrical or software related. Excellent knowledge of conveyors and components. Sometimes working on high speed Kodak print units, Riso printers Fox4 printers, strappers, DM1000, etc. 4/8 involved rebuilding a pallet wrapper unit. Programing of equipment is required to keep up with the updates or replacement unit.
Pros
Excellent benefits.
Cons
No time left for family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DST. Our community is ready to answer.