DST Employee Reviews

My experience here was too brief to be able to give an intelligent review.
Business Intelligence (Former Employee) –  Forest, CADecember 11, 2017
My time at this company was too brief to be able to give an intelligent review. They were in the process of being acquired shortly after I left the company. I don't have much to offer here.
Pros
Not sure.
Cons
None that I can think of.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 16, 2017
If you are looking for a stable company, fast pace, and room to grow then this is the place for you.

Benefits are good and solid training, especially on entry-level positions.
Pros
Benefits, career growth
Cons
Pay for discounted parking
Horrible
Senior mutual fund rep (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSNovember 15, 2017
Do not apply to work for this company. Horrible environment. Politics, favoritism. Tenured associates are the ones getting terminated. How much more can I say but stay away
Pros
Cons
Politics
A responsible and challenging fast pace position
Mutual Funds Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 8, 2017
As I arrived at the work place every employee including myself would be greeted with positivity and an uplifting quote. This environment was both informative and fast pace. Each pod contained a team which was managed by a chosen supervisor. These teams were essential because we often relied on one another to get through a tedious phone call or project. Teamwork was definitely inevitable had this job. Management would have to step in a lot of the time; and the management team did this without complaints. It was a very positive environment the hardest part about the job was making the decision to leave.
Pros
Free lunches, Knowledge
Cons
Short breaks-- some times no lunches
No time to play unless on your own time which were breaks & lunch.
Librarian (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 25, 2017
DST was a steady pace job with only breaks and lunch which was the only time you had to rest. There was no time for play for if you were caught playing, you were reprimanded.
Pros
Nothing was free.
Cons
Breaks and lunches, you leave on time and you come back on time.
If you work hard it pays off
Senior Material Handler (Former Employee) –  El Dorado Hills, CASeptember 5, 2017
I started work 1999 in warehouse in Rancho Cordova after couple years of relocated to El Dorado Hills. I'm senior material handler. I learned a lot skills like using equipment forklift, rider jack, Double rider jack, order picker, reach truck, tugger, pallet jack, clamp truck for the rolls. Also I was certified in the areas. Staging area were you prepare the work you scan inserts , envelope, flats, to keep track of inventory by stock on a cage. If stock ever come up short you have to send hold on that item. Postal area were use tugger to deliver small or mmm or emm or flat tray to machine every 45 min to hour. There recycle if your certified in that area 2 big shredders you go out to collect paper bins from machines full paper take bins back to the room and shred the paper. Super market is were have 2 carts and tugger you large amount supply on the carts and driver to floor deliver your supply from those carts to machines. Bill pushing were you have 6 stack bills or rolls you number each bill or rolls to what machine. Then use tugger pull them to there machine....Etc I learned just about everything, Leads, supervisor, manager all new me all wonderful people. My shift was best out of 4 shifts I work from 1999-2014 on LWN SHIFT. The reason I left getting sick with Anxiety and panic attacks. They tried move out of the warehouse to commingling but it didn't help. They would accommodate me stay on day. So they had let me go. Since left there my stress has went down and no more panic attacks. HR department is nice. I can no longer work. I'm still getting payed
Pros
Going cafeteria kool becuse use badge buy food take of check
Cool not enough pay!
Cage Operator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 28, 2017
Would never work for such underpaid company again, just me, you work hard not to even take at least $500.00 dollars home, this is sad, I would never send anyone to DST!
The working environment was very cordial
Factory worker (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 25, 2017
Since I was there as a temp, I never had a chance of progressing since every worker dream is to have a secured job. i really never liked working in a company which will keep on making you a temporal worker.
Fine place to get beginner experience
Senior Mutual Fund Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 21, 2017
My managers were approachable and knowledgeable. The work was quite simple: mostly data entry with the occasional need to call a client for more information.

The job is quite simple but you aren't paid very competitively.
Dst
Mail Operator (Former Employee) –  South Windsor, CTAugust 6, 2017
I worked night time as a Mail Operator for 12 hours, Sunday through Wednesday. I learned how to use the machines safely and responsibly learned how to drive a forklift and etc. I controlled my area the my boss assigned me to. The Workplace culture was pretty great we had people that were very nice and helpful. The hardest part of the job was the toll it put on my body it was not an easy job it was not meant for all people. The most enjoyable part was coming home after a long day knowing the fact the I accomplished a lot in those 12 hours.
Pros
Teamwork and the people who worked there
Cons
The toll on my body lower back pain

Want to know more about DST?

Ask a question
Great starter
Mutual Fund Corporate Securities Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 23, 2017
Great company to start your career in the finance/investment industry. The compensation is on the low side and the pay for parking is extremely too much for each month. Overall, you'll gain the experience needed to move forward to better positions/roles.
splendid
DevOps Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2017
Sincerely, from the moment you book all the way through to leaving the building.... the service, advice, expertise and friendliness rates off the chart! It's not just a one off either .... it is consistently brilliant every time I go !!!
ok job
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 13, 2017
take different items of assembly line and put into different packet non stop but 3or 4 people stan to close togather it can get real messy not to orgnize
Pros
good breaks
Cons
no hours no pay
Mutual Funds Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMay 20, 2017
DST was the best place to work for work and life balance. It has great hours, great pay, and a great working place to work for the people who work there.
Productive and rewarding work.
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 17, 2017
Great company to work for, lots of opportunity to move up and around the company. The company has worked hard on updating their technology so works and leverage it to help clients.
Pros
Their technology
Cons
Only locations in KC metro are downtown.
Was ok place to work
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 15, 2017
The work was not hard to learn but there was not enough to keep you busy the 8 hours 5 days a weeks you worked. I was only busy 2 days out of the week and there was no chance for advancement at the time I was there. The management on the shift I worked seemed to have their picks of employees
Pros
at the time the hours worked for me
Cons
not enough work
Good Place to work
Client Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 15, 2017
I worked for DST to for 15 years and was laid off. Loved working there. The people are fun and were like family. I was told when they laid me off that I would be able to go back I have tried since them and that was a lie.
Pros
401 k match program
Good company to work for.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 3, 2017
A typical day would be pick up product and deliver to another state and a route that you knew. Boss was very good and dispatch kept you loaded. Get to different parts of the US.
Pros
Money
Cons
A lot of working and not sleeping
productive place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 10, 2017
DST/broadridge is a good place to work at if you like to work 12 hour shifts six to seven days a week. Job took a lot of my life due to the fact the job had revolving doors meaning people come,they see the work than end up quitting because of so many hours but overall is a job that has job security but at same time one little mistake no matter of the years you put in with company they will fired you.
Pros
overtime
Cons
short breaks, no telling if you have days off or not, the pay was unfair due to years people have on job
Was a good place to work until the last few years I was there.
Lead Distribution Rep (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 22, 2017
DST was a good place to work until the bought out another company and the brought in there team and changed our way of doing things and and if you were not one of there people you were treated like the under dog