DSW Inc.

DSW Inc. United States Employee Reviews

Not that bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: fast days
Cons: pay
Now granted, this was my first job in retail. Although I was part-time it was an easy job and a nice experience for me. I'm a male, so I did the freight/stocking. Management was pretty fair. Hardest part for me was learning the register. Other then that I enjoyed the job a lot.
Productive and fun atmosphere
Customer Service Rep/ Cashier (Current Employee), Harahan, LAFebruary 1, 2015
DSW is a wonderful place to work...Great atmosphere!! Great for college students or those who are looking for a part time job.
productive
sales associate (Current Employee), Frisco, TXJanuary 31, 2015
A typical day would be cleaning and working up front answering phones and working the cash register. Also I engage with costumers .
Okay work environment
Lead (Current Employee), ChicagoJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: customer service oriented environment, coworkers, discount
Cons: short breaks, difficult getting time off, "customer is always right" mentality: even if customer is abusive
If you want to work for a place where the customer is always right even if the customer is abusive or threatening, then this is the place for you. It is a typical retail environment with corporate rules and regulations that must always be followed. It is also an environment that breeds very competitive ladder climbers, however, promotions for management positions are usually filled by outsiders, so don't hold your breath. Many people have been with the company in upwards of 8 years and have still not received a promotion beyond an hourly supervisor position. If you are a student in need of some part time work, this is the place for you. If you are career-ready and looking for quick advancement....look elsewhere.
fast growing company, fast pace work environment
Cashier/Floor Associate (Former Employee), pasadena caJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: fun atmosphere, working at the mall, being around lots of customers
Cons: short lunches, low pay raise
The typical work day at DSW starts with speaking to my managers and then being assign to a work station. As a cashier and floor associate i have multiple task, first and foremost as a cashier my job is to keep a close track on the money in my cash register and reporting lost or extra money. Being on register i do have the chance to tell customer about sales, discounts and big promotions. As a floor associate my job is to clean, organize, greet customers and help customer find the perfect shoes and accessories.
Working at DSW has taught me time management skills, organization skills, team work and overall listening to customers.
My managers and co-workers were all hard working individuals, we all had a hard time balancing family and work. We all seem to lean on each other for help at work and at home. i really enjoy all of my co-worker and as time went by we became friends. Leaving DSW and my co-worker had to have been the hardest part of working there.
N/A
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 22, 2015
Great place to work. Most enjoyable aspect of working there is the wonderful sales staff.
It was work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYDecember 13, 2014
Typical day was customer service. What I learned was how open and close daily registers with appropriate monies. Some of the managers were nice and great to work with.co-workers were cool but it was always new faces. Working on the register and doing the daily opening and closing of the registers was enjoyable.
Good enviorment Great people
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Largo, MDDecember 11, 2014
Well-Mannered people Business day can jump from fast to slow in a matter of minutes. Very uptempo
great customer service
Shoe Sales Specialist - Part time (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYDecember 9, 2014
at dsw we strived to be best in the customer service department and we were. we had great employees who wanted to help people and management that was always looking for new techniques to draw the customers in
Fun job always working with customers to find there perfect shoe
My sales associate job (Former Employee), Greenwood, INNovember 29, 2014
It was a pretty easy going job wanted the customers to come in happy and leave happy at all cost.
great company values a good place to develop yourself as manager
Assistant Manager - Merchandise (Current Employee), Carolina, PRNovember 28, 2014
Pros: great company values
we have a nonstop enviroment and lace to work. we can start as opening manager receiving and placing the new merchandise as company direction. My role is to maintain the store standards and develop others to grow by coaching them at the end of their shifts. Driving business and know my product to maximize my sales.
Fun place and great people to work with
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Framingham, MANovember 20, 2014
Pros: good discount
Cons: on your feet a lot
The hardest part of the job is product knowledge. But coworkers and management are fabulous. If you know what you are talking about, you enjoy work.
Productive and Enjoy this job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Springfield, PANovember 18, 2014
Learned the registers and stocking and loading the sales floor
it was a nice place and enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Farmington, CTNovember 14, 2014
it was a n ice environment calm collective busy at times but overall a great place to work
Fun place to work, and great people
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 13, 2014
Pros: employee discount, flexible schedule
Cons: very little opportunity for advancement within the company.
The work may or may not be meaningful for some, it is what you make of it. I enjoy working for the company, and particularly for my Store Manager. I enjoy going to work each day and get along great with my co-workers. The only negatives about the company is that they do not promote from within, shifts can be canceled at the last moment, or cut short. Not everyone is motivated to work at the same level of passion.
VERY INTERESTING JOB
Sales, Cashier (Former Employee), Torrance, CANovember 3, 2014
SALES, STOCK, DISPLAY ARRANGEMENT, CUSTOMER SERVICE. iT CAN BE COMPETITIVE AND ALSOO IT CAN HARD WHEN TRYING TO REACH CERTAIN DAILY GOALS. ITS ALOT OF TEAM WORK.
Customer service experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 2, 2014
This job helped me gain valuable customer service experience. I was a part-time employee, so getting good hours was tough.
team oriented
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 29, 2014
Management was strict but they wanted everyone to succeed.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 28, 2014
Pros: great discounts
Cons: medical benefits
Cashiering transactions of sales. Stocking the floor with merchandise. I learned how to do merchandise displays and loss prevention. I experience some things with management that I would rather not discuss. Co-workers were fun to work with yet when I am working any job I mostly stay to myself and just do my job. The hardest part was trying to watch everyone in the store and also assist other customers with merchandise. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting discounts on merchandise.
NEEDS IMPROVEMENT WITH COMMUNICATION
Assistant Merchandise Manager (Current Employee), NJOctober 28, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: mixed messages coming from upper level management
MOD
SOME DOR TIME
VERY LITTLE TRAINING
MIXED MESSAGES
MERCHANDISING ACCESSORIES, SELECTING STYLES FOR FEATURES AND ENDCAPS

About DSW Inc.

DSW Inc. is a leading branded footwear and accessories retailer that offers a wide selection of brand name and designer dress, – Read more

DSW Inc. Salaries