DSW Inc. Employee Reviews

Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDSeptember 11, 2017
Learned a great deal about retail and behind the scenes work while working with friendly staff. Flexible with scheduling, and made it easy to work in a fast paced enviornment
Fun, fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILSeptember 11, 2017
This was my first job. I learned mostly all my customer service skills. How to work the register, dealing with money. I also learned how to so freight.
It's okay
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYSeptember 11, 2017
The lead manager while I was there was very sexist. She only liked males. If a male worker did anything, she would let it slide, but when a female worker would do the same thing she would flip out.
productive learning exprience
Lead Stocker/ Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYSeptember 9, 2017
Typical day of work for me was clock in at 6am start to unload freight for the up coming product sale of the day. That was a daily routine. Manage the floor from certain hours once freight was unloaded than proceed to giving excellent customer service until the second truck arrive.
Company does not care about the employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJSeptember 8, 2017
Not a very good company to work for. Management does not care about the employees. The majority of the employees are 18-25 so you know what the atmosphere is. The DM's are lazy and only give the best hours to the employees that they like. Poor training, poor pay.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Management does not care about the employees just the customers
summary
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 8, 2017
definitively the best part-time job you can get. the management is so awesome and understanding, they never talk down to you. the workload is not heavy, I would say just right, there are peak times but never have I seen the store get trashed. the managers would assign you as cashier or someone on the floor and both are easy jobs.
Pros
awesome co-workers, great discount
Fun but little pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 7, 2017
Discounts are the best part of this job, lack of hours are why i left. otherwise its a fun place to work. Good Workplace culture and i enjoyed helping Guests find what they were looking for.
great place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILSeptember 7, 2017
I really enjoyed my time with DSW it was my first job and only left because of my college class schedule. I would highly recommend this company. They gave me intensives for selling their rewards programs which i thrived on and they pay above minimum wage but they also expect you to work hard so if you have a great work ethic this company is for you.
Pros
learned a lot, pay. management, company over all ( have worked for multiple retail comanys and this was by far the best}
Horrendous
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  79th Street and BroadwaySeptember 6, 2017
The managers at my location were incompetent and rude. They never properly changed associates so a lot of them would do the job incorrectly. As an associate you had to do everything even clean bathrooms. They expected too much for such low pay. Managers did not communicate, and had poor management skills.
Pros
Cons
Management, lack of organization, don't care about employee
Low Wages
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 30, 2017
Great job for getting through college. Paid unfairly. Good values for the company to promote returning customers but did not pay associates anything that they could live off of. I worked this job during my last couple of semesters of college.
Pros
Many locations
Cons
Low wages
good first job
Supervisor (Team lead) (Former Employee) –  yonkersAugust 30, 2017
good job if its your first job, alot of miscommunication from management. good benefits for customers but not the greatest for employees. will definitely help with public speaking.
Ok workplace if desperate for work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLAugust 29, 2017
dont expect much , Just managers boss you arround , hours are ok , no benefits , very low pay , Micro management to sell their rewards , only half hour break for 8 hours shift standing . managers are always rude and angry , workers not really happy , but again , If you got nothing else , take the job but not for a long term .
Pros
shoes discount
Cons
short breaks, poor management
Temporary job
Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 28, 2017
Its´s not a bad job to have, you dont get many hours. And cleaning up shoes every time you work gets stressful. Customers are messy. Clearance is crazy.
Pros
30% discount
Cons
Barely any hours
Shoe Lover
Sales, Customer (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIAugust 24, 2017
If you love shoes best place to work is DSW. What people don't realize is that DSW has a specific padding on the floor that doesn't hurt your feet when rocking 6 to 8 inch heels like myself. I was known for my sky high platform shoes and the only rule my boss gave me is if I can walk and run around in them in 8 plus hours they don't care how high my heels were. It's a Fashionista's Dream to have that shoe closet. I love it.
Pros
Shoe lover
Cons
Shoe Addict
Energetic work environment with progressive values
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAAugust 24, 2017
A typical day involves traditional retail customer service tasks: cashiering, stocking, product orders, customer service and store recovery.

Management is supportive of a variety of cultures making it a safe place of acceptance for many groups of people who may feel uncomfortable shopping at other stores.

Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to solve customers problems and interacting with the customers in general.
Cons
Low hours
too stressful for the low pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIAugust 23, 2017
Should be an easy part time job however, the work load is often stacked due to under-staffing and quick turnover. Corporate lives in the clouds while individual stores suffer.
Pros
employee discount
DSW is a great place to work.
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAAugust 23, 2017
DSW taught me a lot about customer service. My managers were fantastic and I really enjoyed the time i spent working for them. I looked forward to work every day
Productive workplace
DSW Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZ 85382August 23, 2017
I prefer not to write about my experience with this company since everyone's experiences can be different. However, overall the company is not a bad company to work for.
fun work environment if youre into fashion
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2017
at my time at DSW it was bittersweet. the employees are catty and spread gossip and the managers are not good at managing. there was always frustration and confusion while there I'm ready for a more structured work environment
Pros
30% emplopyee discount
Cons
pressure to get dsw rewards signups
Long hours, little pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 22, 2017
You're normal day was spent cleaning or moving the entire store, with no real reason. Or for a specific reason, which was then reversed, and the moves had to be put back. Asking for time off was a hassle. The hours were very inconsistent, and the stores always seemed to have the heat on even during the summer. Being one of the only men to work there, management had higher expectations of me, treated me unfairly, and gave me more to do than others.
Pros
The discount
Cons
Lack of leadership and possibility of advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSW Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.