DSW Inc. Employee Reviews

It was okay
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILMarch 14, 2017
It was okay. Kind of micromanaged. But it's retail, so I don't really know what people expect exactly. If your young and looking for a part-time job while in college I say go for it. But it'll never be a career.
Pros
Some of the associates
Cons
Micromanagement
Fun Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMarch 13, 2017
well run company, seemed that the managers and so forth had a handle on the direction of the company and the stores. fun place to work, shoes are life
Fun work place with friendly coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COMarch 13, 2017
It was a great place to gain some experience. I met many new people and learned many important life values. The management was not the best, and it changed too much it became a disturbance on our work.
Good Place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tigard, ORMarch 11, 2017
Only reason I love working here is because of their flexibility. I currently go to school and they are very great about my schedule and their discount is okay not to bad since they changed it.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Managers have favorites
If you can sell, you'll do great!
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Chester, NYMarch 8, 2017
Have to be good selling the rewards program to customers and I think that is the hardest part because that might not be everyone's strong point. They put a lot of effort and emphasis into their rewards program but if you can't sell too well you might be a little miserable. A lot of interaction with customers and always in movement.
Fun Workplace but little to do
Floor Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OR 97124March 7, 2017
It was a very fun place to work at, but there was little or noting to do when your completely done with little jobs. It was well organized and the management were very nice and cooperative. It was a nice environment and all of the workers greeted you with a smile. I would say i got along with everyone there.
Pros
30% off., friendly workers, happy environment
Cons
conflicts with school
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 5, 2017
it was a good job just alot of standing on your feed so you would need to wear comfortable shoes and the people you would have worked with was great
Great Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 4, 2017
DSW is very fast paced and fast going. I obtained many fundamental skills and experiences while working with the company and very glad that I had the opportunity to work with the company. The staff here is amazing and like family
Lacking empowerment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 2, 2017
Management challenges staff but does little to empower their decision making skills. Payroll is tight and expectations are high with decreased foot traffic.
Customer engagement
Merchandise Manager/ Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 2, 2017
We take in the truck and process the goods, handle customer online orders, package and ship them to their house, process pick up in store orders. Help customers find what they are looking for and make their shopping experience a great.
Pros
Great discount
Very relaxing atmosphere with amazing coworkers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 1, 2017
I think Dsw is a very good first job to have, it is an extremely friendly place to work. I love almost all of my coworkers and the managers are very understanding and helpful. They are always willing to get their hands dirty with you.
Very productive and supporting team
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNFebruary 20, 2017
DSW has trained each and every store manager to be their best. Without our store managers, there wouldn't be a great team. When you receive regular customers, that's when you know you're doing something great!
Pros
benefits, health benefits, educational benefits, shoes!
Cons
short breaks
Reliable
Sales Associate, Part Time (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 16, 2017
Management is willing to work with you if you have other schedules that are conflicting. Many opportunities to train to learn other portions of the job.
Still needs updating
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, MDFebruary 15, 2017
I loved working with my team but upper management likes to micro manage. I worked in a store that was put together better than most stores and we hardly ever received positive feedback from upper management.
Pros
Benefits and pay if you are hired outside of the company.
Cons
Old computer hardware and anything new breaks constantly!
the store was very productive but the wages were not good
Shoe Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 13, 2017
The store was very productive very nice very clean customers was very fun it was a fun atmosphere to work in but I needed more wages so that's why I continue and into a good customer service job in my future
Girls Like shoes
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 12, 2017
There is a culture of women selling shoes unlike any other work environment I have experienced. The management was great and they want people to like their job. Our staff meetings were fun and focused on meeting company expectations. I loved working there, and if you really want a retail job with one specialization, DSW Inc. is a great place to work.
Pros
SHOES
Cons
monotony
DSW is a great company to work for
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 12, 2017
DSW is very employee oriented. Many employee and family activities. Benefits are good. Basically a very good place to work. The facility is very modern with a very good cafeteria.
Pros
Cafeteria reasonably priced for breakfast and lunch
Cons
none come to mind
Great people to work with.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAFebruary 12, 2017
It's a fairly easy job, and the people are amazing and friendly. Granted they do pressure you to get reward sign ups, and the customers can be annoying. Overall it's a nice place to work
Pros
30% discount in store
Cons
Use a 5 point system.
Great place to work with even better people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 11, 2017
A day at work at DSW is fast paced but also a lot of fun. We truly live by our mission and our values. Management is wonderfully understanding and compassionate towards the employees. I love my job at DSW because of everything the company stands for and everyone that I work with.
Friendly environment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 8, 2017
Great job. Recommended for full time associate. My only probl was balancing my work and school schedule. They often checked on me to see how I was adjusting,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSW Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval