DSW Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

In Love.......
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 26, 2016
Working at DSW has been a very nice experience. I feel at home and welcome and I enjoy being able to freely be myself without feeling like I have to conform. I enjoy the customer interaction.
Pros
Liberating Atmosphere
Cons
Spending my paycheck on the shoes.
Great place to work!
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJanuary 29, 2016
The people are friendly, management is good. The environment is so warm and welcoming, I was sad to leave!
You're work and life is always evenly balanced, so you never feel overwhelmed with working so much. Plus, it's easy to get time off if you need it.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 29, 2016
DSW was the best company I have ever worked for. The manager was amazing and my co workers were awesome as well. I learned so much from the team. Working with the customers was the best part in working with company.
A fashionable work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 7, 2016
great everybody work together and get along well. They work schedule is flexible. They need working on better shoe policy and employee relations to better service the community they do business in.
Worst Corporate Experience
Purchase Order Management (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 31, 2016
Disrespected by buying teams and management, too much gossip and favoritism. Highest turnover I have ever seen. I was so miserable working there.
Pros
On site gym, pay
Cons
Everything else
Enjoyable part time job at DSW
Sale Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 2, 2015
At first I wasn't a shoe love, when started working at DSW I enjoyed try on shoes. My first job at retail store. It was a thrilling experience once I got promoted as a Cashier Lead. Their job spirit and rewards encouraged me to work with enthusiasm. Loved to be part of DSW company.
Up beat and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILMay 27, 2016
The job is enjoyable if you are working with the right people. The only hardest part of the job is when it is extremely busy and the checkout lines get really long and we are understaffed.
It was nice.
Temporary Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 16, 2016
Management was great. They really cared about the workers. It was nice interacting with the customers. However, in the day they lacked enough associate´s to cover the floors.
Cons
short breaks, short lunches.
Dsw
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Canoga Park, CANovember 3, 2015
I love the atmosphere. Very friendly associates and managers. I love to do early morning prepped shifts but some times the amount of stuff they send us is outrageous and they expect us to get it all out before the store opens. I love doing the visual displays and hope to grow within the company. Its a great place to work at.
Pros
always appericating the associates( free food)
Cons
being timed on prepped
Fun working environment
Sales Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Greendale, WIFebruary 1, 2016
Very fun working environment to work in. The managers are awesome! Never had a problem with them in the time I worked there. I worked there long enough that I somewhat actually became like family with the managers.
Fun work place
FREIGHT OPER./SALES ASSOC. (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 30, 2016
Unloading truck putting shoes on the floor customer svc. Productive fun group of people to work with management are profestional being part of a team is great
Pros
DISCOUNTS
Cons
SHORTS BREAKS
Fun workplace with very nice employees
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 29, 2016
DSW is a nice company to work unfortunately they do not accept excused absences. I was hospitalized and they would not take my doctor's notes.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
no restroom breaks on the clock
Stock Room Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 4, 2016
Enjoyed having the control to organize the stock room and kept it running efficiently. Felt like a decent work out everyday. Routine was the key.
Pros
discount?
Cons
dealing with a lot of messy individuals.
review
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTNovember 13, 2015
Great job to learn about fashion and trends. Lack of diversity and immaturity from management. Lack of competitive pay wages and low pay raises. Great discount to employees. Lack of benefits and associates are limited to only part-time positions. Not a long-term job unless your a manager.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Lack of pay and lack of diversity in management
Great Place to Work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2016
Working at DSW I learned a lot more about shoes. It was always very busy which is one of the reasons i loved working with the company. My co workers was always full of energy and made me feel welcomed. i loved going to to work.
Fun work environment
Cashier and Floor Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJNovember 24, 2015
It was fun to work there because of the employees but the Store Manager made it the total opposite when she was on shift. The customer service was good but the cleanup of shoes and boxes at the end of the night sucked.
Pros
the employees were a pleasure to work with
Cons
the Store manager was very nasty
Shoe Lovers Dream Job
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 27, 2016
Hard work and a fast place environment is rewarding. Great co workers that help in every area of the warehouse. I enjoy my lead he works hard and willing to give a helping hand as needed.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
picking up 75 pounds boxes
Optimistic Facility
Stock/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2016
On a day to day basic different task are assigned to the stock workers. Few Involving heavy lifting and organization . Make sure the flow of the store is moving swiftly and accordingly .
flexible, fun easy laid back
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAFebruary 29, 2016
time off is not to good during the holidays. management team could do a better job at helping others who really dont speak the language advance, specially when they no more and do a better job
Excellent work enviroment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 30, 2016
Going into work is something to look forward to. The colleagues are so kind and helpful. The managers are quick to help with understanding. The job itself is not hard. Customer service is the main aspect of the job.