DSW Inc.

DSW Inc. Employer Reviews

Americas Favorite Place to work
Merchandise Manager (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAOctober 7, 2013
DSW strives to be Americas favorite place for shoes and also Americas favorite place to work. Great company to work for.
Learned a lot
Stock Supervisor (Former Employee), West Bloomfield, MIOctober 6, 2013
Pros: decent pay, and good employees
Cons: benifits, and hours
I loved working at DSW and being a stock supervisor. I made more knowledge of guiding and being in a leadership position.
Great customer
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLOctober 1, 2013
Delivering great customer service running the register keeping my work area clean and organized.Aid customer in locating merchandize that fir their individualn taste.I learned how to work with more then one customer and keeping my store stock and organized.I have great manager i enjoy working with tham.A great tean of co-workers who work hard and we – more... all work together . The hours are up and down some time you work 30 hours a week and some time you work 10. I want a full time job and career. My customer i enjoy service and helping tham. – less
great product
Store Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 30, 2013
Co-workers more like family striving to meet same goals. Learned more about balancing tasks versus service, when and where to make the changes.
Fun and fast paced work environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Peoria, ILSeptember 28, 2013
I spend my day greeting and helping customers while making sure the store stays tidy. I've broadened my communication skills while working with one of the things I love, shoes!
Productive and fun enviroment
Assistant Merchandising Manager (Former Employee), Portland OregonSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: discounts, bonuses
Cons: weekends, nights
I learned to treat all employees the same and if everyone knew all the basics of being a manager they would feel more comfortable in their position and room to grow.
Hardest part about my job was scheduling, but i learned to get past all the requests and changes.
The most enjoyable part was working with customers, i like learning where they come from – more... and what they are looking for. – less
Fun place to work, great atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: great employee discount
Cons: no advancement, low pay
A designer show warehouse in a great town center mall. Co-workers and management work well together. Fun working atmosphere with high morale. Teamwork very important to maintain store. But, this is a part-time position that offers no advancement and little pay.
Retail associate - DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MISeptember 8, 2013
Pros: store discount
Cons: short breaks, unstable schedule, no advancement opportunities, pay is pretty low
It's a nice work environment. Dealing with customers is the best part of the job. The schedule is very unpredictable and unstable. But if you are ok with that then it's fine. No PTO unless you are a manager because full time isn't available for regular associates. Great temporary job.
same as Kmart
Retail Sales Associate/Clerical aide (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYSeptember 3, 2013
same as when worked at Kmart in helping customers out and checking paperwork associated with it.
Master Packer/Sorter/ (Former Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 1, 2013
Pros: good working enviroment
Cons: short breaks
The average warehouse time management is key
Very up-beat fast
Learned a lot about leadership
Very welcoming co-workers from different ethnic backgrounds
Hardest part of the job is getting out on time
Most enjoyable part of every warehouse job is "Peak Season"
terrible
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), STATEN ISLAND, NYAugust 30, 2013
Cons: everything
HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK. EVERYONE IS IN EACH OTHERS BUSINESS AND THE LOSS PREVENTION MANAGERS GOAL IS TO FIND ANY LITTLE THING TO FIRE ASSOCIATES THAT HAVE BEEN THERE FOR A WHILE. NO APPRECIATION FOR THEIR ASSOCIATES WHAT SO EVER. STAY AWAY.
Deadend job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAAugust 26, 2013
Cons: no chance to advance from within
DSW tries to be a cheaper version of Nordstrom, and what they are is the penultimate retail job. You get no benefits, raises are miniscule, and there is NO chance to advance from inside the company. I worked there for 3 years, and during my time there I went through 12 store managers, and was never offered a management position, despite training the – more... managers as they came in. – less
It can be a really fun place to work with some cool people
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Merrillville, INAugust 22, 2013
Pros: awesome sale on shoes.
Cons: move nowhere
If the right people are there it can be really fun and pretty easy. bringing out new shoes and taking back the old ones. the main thing is keeping the store clean while helping the customers find what they are looking for. what sucks is it felt impossible to move anywhere. you were always stuck at the bottom. but it was a cool second job with easy scheduling.
Nice place to shop, horrible to work.
Merchandising/Customer Service (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 20, 2013
Its all about customer service but they forget about their employees.
Productive and fun work place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Carle Place, NYAugust 19, 2013
Pros: breakfest during meetings
Cons: if part time no health benefits
- Customer service throughout the day

- Management and co-workers are friendly and reliable

- The hardest part of the job are reward sign ups

- The most enjoyable part of the job is working together as a team.
A busy day at work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Arlington, VAAugust 15, 2013
Pros: discount
Cons: co-worker attitudes
Managers are trying to keep the place orderly but sometimes can not keep up with the break times.
fun place
Sales Associate, (Former Employee), Plainville, CTAugust 14, 2013
Was a great place to9 work and build and establish each and every customer
The Worse Place Ever To Work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Southfield, MichiganAugust 12, 2013
Pros: 30% discount
Cons: everything else!
I literally walked off this job!!!!!!! I have never done that! The customers are rude, The management staff has no respect for the associates, or customers. They hire a lot of people & barely have enough hours for the associates they already have! You this job was will drive all the way to work & when you get there they will tell you its too slow & – more... they don't have enough hours & they will send you back home. Most of my co- workers were nice, but the management is a bunch of backstabbers. The only thing I enjoyed about this job was the discount! DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!!!!! – less
Great place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tustin, CAAugust 6, 2013
The associates are very well trained. Teamwork at this location is incredible.
Customer Service
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Marlton, NJJuly 31, 2013
A typical work day entails providing information about product to customers, and helping them find what they need.

DSW Inc. Photos