DTCC

DTCC Employee Reviews

DTCC is not for everyone
DTCC/contractor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 14, 2015
Pros: Opportinties to Finish your educatution
Cons: Poor Management
Management does not accept change (technology upgrading systems to improve productivity and contractors working full time positions). I had a manager disrespect me verbally several times and was told "that's how he or she is by upper management.
Office Culture very good for first time work
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 4, 2015
Pros: Close to home
Work on the computers. Using Excel for reconciliations, JD Edwards for Account Ledgers on the accounts. Co-workers are nice and help you when you had questions.
Overall, a very good company to work for; fair to it employees
Business Risk Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 22, 2015
DTCC has always offered competitive compensation and growth opportunities. The skills attained at the company will be of great value in any future endeavors.
DTCC Rocks
PMO Operations & Sales (Current Employee), Tampa, FL, NYC, NY, JC, NJ, Dallas, TXJanuary 15, 2015
I love this company and this job but there's limited options for me. Job security is poor and advancement is worse. I've survived as long as I have through networking, hard-work and being persistent but it's a job that can be cut short at anytime without notice. I work with some great people, but I have so much more to offer. I want to be rewarded based off my hard work and what I can bring to the table.
nice place to work at
Web Administrator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2015
nice place to work and excellent working environment and nice management, friendly co-workers
Go-getter , team player , organized and eager to learn New technologies
Desktop Support Professional (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJDecember 6, 2014
desktop support professional with a lot of years of experiences.
I enjoy assisting end users with their issues.
Excelent to work but slow or not advancement
Account Manager (Former Employee), Albany, NYOctober 15, 2014
Pros: stady work
Work on a variety of task trough out the entire building, manage two supervisor and keep record of equipment and supply.
not bad
Office Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 7, 2014
the employees are great but the supervisor and upper management are rude. huge work load
Nice place to work
Greenplum DBA, Oracle DBA,MySQL DBA (Former Employee), DTCC Coppell TxOctober 7, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: no comment
Database Administration activities
Very good experience working with DTCC.
Good Management.
Nice coworkers, overall I enjoyed working in DTCC.
Working in shifts.
Working as a Team.
Sr. PLSQL Developer
Consultant - Technology (Current Employee), NJMay 21, 2014
Hi , This is Swapnil dange working as Sr. PLSQL Developer
@ DTCC for Polaris Financial technology Ltd.
Not a good place to work
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 13, 2014
Pros: not a good place to work
Cons: not a good place to work
Monitor the system run end of day cycles. Assist users. maintain logs, escort vendors.
Substantial number of technology jobs and customer service jobs outsourced.
Mainframe/Distributed Individual Contributor (Former Employee), Coppell, TXNovember 9, 2013
Pros: 401k matching
Cons: no pension plan, retirement, management not interested in employee skill sets for movement or promotions
Considerable amount of jobs were outsourced to Philipines and Chennai, India. Several employees laid off since January 2013.
A standard corporate environment
Sr. Computer Operator (Former Employee), Coppell, TXNovember 8, 2013
Pros: good work environment. i am at home in an enterprise compute environment
Cons: no real cons except i was laid off
I arrived at work at 06:00am and entered the Technical Operations Center. I monitored Mainframe, UNIX and Windows systems utilizing the Tivoli Netcool monitoring software. I would login and perform VDI Windows server checkouts on Windows Servers typically Windows 2003 and 2008. I would check disk space available, connectivity to the network, and connectivity to the Server. I would perform restarts on jobs in Control-M and monitor the mainframe system through a MVS console. I would perform tape backup in the raised floor area.
Sr WebSphere Administrator (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 4, 2013
Responsibilities:
 Installation, Configuration and Administration of IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.5,7.0, 6.1, versions on AIX & Linux Environments.
 Migrated WebSphere® 6.1 to a to WebSphere Application Server Version 8.5 Intelligent Management cell.
 Mentored, provided guidance and was part of building the WebSphere/Portal team
 Integrated DataPower appliances with WSRR to support various application frame works.
 Involved in the design, setting standards and implementation of all WebSphere projects.
 Implemented the automation of WebSphere installation, upgrade, configuration.
 Implemented the automation of WebSphere Portal Upgrades.
 Installed and configured DataPower (XML Gateway) Appliances as per Business requirements.
 Developed Jython scripting for start/stop clusters, servers and for auto deployments.
 Installed, configured and propagated IBM HTTP server and its Plugins for managed and unmanaged nodes
 Maintaining updated documentation of all the Servers and the installed applications and patches.
 Monitoring Application log files, Application Server Performance
 Involved in configuring the Web Directory access protocols like LDAP for different levels of access at the site
 Configured a virtual host for Development and Test environments.
 Configured databases separate from the Websphere administrative repository database.
 Configured day to day adhoc request for different middleware applications
 Worked extensively on Rational Automation Framework for automating middleware environment build-outs, middleware administration, and – more... deployment of application
 Responsible for scheduling the installations and up gradation, and maintains them in accordance with established policies and procedures
 Created scripts for Automatic deployment of new WAR files in to the Environment
 Configured Virtual hosts and associated them with web modules.
 Implemented Middleware applications related to Datapower, Jump Fire, Cognos configurations.
 Coordinate with development, database and infrastructure team to keep the applications up with high performance.
 Designing and implementing migration plan from WebSphere 6.0.x to 6.1.x and 7.x
 Worked on different tools like Visual Analyzer for configuration Management, Heap Analyzer, Memory Analyzer, Garbage Analyzer.
 Involved in configuring & administrating IBM Security Access Manager for our enterprise application on Authentication & Authorization
 Used IBM Support Assistant for Installation of patch & diagnosing applications for both Internal & External applications.
 Involved in configuring Intelligent Management in WAS 8.5 to enhancing the applications w.r.t. efficiency, reliability & administration
 Involved in Architect WebSphere clustering for application in dev/prod environment.
 Identified Java memory leak detection and recommendations on resolution
 Identified Heap analysis for jvm tuning and problem resolution
 Worked on configuring Tomcat & Apache related applications.
 Worked on configuring BPM related applications in our environment
 Technical Lead, Architect, and Develop the business logic to report County Property taxes and Delinquency notices.
 Architect the application with MVC model framework.
 Implemented custom Web service calls to access data.
 Lead and Perform unit testing, system testing and performance testing – less
Excellent Histotechnology Clinical training at ChrisitanaCare Hospital Dept of Anatomical Pathology and other clinical sites
Full-time Histotechnician clinical trainee (Former Employee), Wilmington, DelawareSeptember 23, 2013
Highly recommnended AAS Histotecnology program with top quality instructors and clinical training direction.
Microtomy performed almost daily for 1 year.
Working in laboratory with pathologists, PA's and Histotechs was a great experience.
I learned many types of equipment and succeeded in performing the duties of a histotechnician in a hospital pathology department histology lab on actual patient cases.
Laid back and cooperative work environment, great senior management team
project manager (Current Employee), New JerseyAugust 16, 2013
Pros: free lunches, coffee breaks, gym
Excellent salary and benefits
Beautiful offices in Jersey City
Lots of training and opportunities for initiative
good workplace
FINANCIAL REVIEW ANALYST (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 6, 2013
Pros: free lunches
It is a great company to work for. the schedule and the co workers are all good.
Workplace at DTCC
IT Portfolio Mgmt- Data Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 26, 2012
My typical day at DTCC includes:

1) The first thing I do when I come to my desk at DTCC it checking all my emails and all my voice messages. After checking all of them, I filter them by their importance, I first reply to those that are the most urgent and then the rest of them.
2) Secondly, I analyse and make daily reports and send them out to senior management.
3) After that I work on my daily tasks: work with various reports, assist product managers with their budget allocation, supply/demand needs for their projects, etc.
4) During the middle of the day, I usually have 1 hr meeting with my Portfolio Managers Team and we discuss current issues and current thing we are working on. Our manager also updates all of us on currents issues and changes in our department and company overall.
5) The rest of the day I spend on daily work and tasks.

About DTCC

With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. – Read more