DTCC Employee Reviews

Fast paced and consistently busy.
Senior Client Relationship Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2017
Unfortunately, due to 9/11 - DTCC offered a packaged that could not be refused. They are the Vault and Computer for Wall Street. All major banks and brokerage firms have to be members of DTCC. If not a member must clear all their trades.
Always enjoyed speaking with people personally or over the telephone.
Productive Workplace
IT Investment Management Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2017
Productive Internship- collaborated with upper management, learned many new skills and had a team that was always willing to help. Many employees took time off their calendar when possible to teach me new skills and make sure I was okay with the work that was given.
Provides work at home privileges
Senior Auditor/Risk & Control Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 1, 2017
A lot of people have been at the firm for a long time. Turn over is generally low to moderate. Poor place to train. A lo of employees do not want to develop talent.
Great place to work. Terrifice compensation both for base salary and bonus. Everyone is very helpful and more interested in that the team succeedeucce
Senior Engineer / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2017
Great place to work. Opportunities to grow were always there. Classes for enrichment both internally and externally were there
There was sufficient enough time for family needs
DTCC in a nutshell
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 27, 2017
If you're an entry level worker it's only a matter of time until you are outsourced to Chennai or the Philippines. Friendly people in workplace but dying for more training opportunities.
Cons
More training
Best Company
Sr.Devops /AWS Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 21, 2017
Best Company to work for , employee friendly, helpful tam mates and challenging environment gives more opportunity to learn more in less time

Very good work culture
Productive and interesting place to work.
Service Delivery Analyst (Former Employee) –  55 water street New York NY.August 16, 2017
Working at DTCC was problematic due to global economic change. My job became more demanding due to culture changes, in the beginning of the changes. Company were no longer be consistent all
was business.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Healthcare, breaks, etc.
Not a bad place to work
Project Lead /Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2017
Not a bad place to work. Main frames was always most important part of infrastructure but now moving to a more balanced view of distributed infrastructure
Autonomy to be creative
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York and TampaJuly 28, 2017
A typical day at work was assisting employees to complete assignments and resolving customers' complaints.
The most enjoyable part of my job was observing an employee succeed.
benefits
Cons
limited opportunities
Great Place
Operations/Scheduling Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2017
People at DTCC are great.
Work life balance is great.
Love the area and there's a lot to do in Dallas.
Room for Growth and DTCC and they are very flexible.
work summary
Sr.Devops /AWS Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 10, 2017
I have a total 8yrs of IT experience starting my carrier as a Linux admin and moved upon to devops engineer including aws.

So my day start with a team meet around 10.am where our team which consists of 4 Melendez discuss the weekly task and and the up coming deadlines once the big picture is discussed we then move on to the daily tasks which we follow up in jira which is a issue tracking portal. Since I work majorly on aws and puppet my focus is onto automate the ami build process and it's functionality I build and test on daily basis and when ever we come across puppet with the applications teams I handle them too. Our month end target is to release the ami with updated patches and application required functionalities

This whole process includes the usage of puppet,aws,Jenkins,bitbucket,jira,provisioning
The ami which we build is based on the base image from amazon market place

Next couple of weeks will be my last working days in this office I left with few documentation work which I might wrap within this week
Lack of Career growth
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 7, 2017
There is a lack of growth path or opportunities to move to other teams. Lack of procedures and documentation guides makes it difficult to train. A management team that lacks direction and too many internal layers and not enough people to actually do the work.
Pros
Short commute
Cons
Lack of direction, job opportunities
Great Company
SR. FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 15, 2017
The DTCC is a fantastic company to work for. Management within Finance is intelligent and forward thinking. Most importantly they understand the value of respecting their employees.
loved it there
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2017
great place to work with a family culture. Many employees worked their entire career there. Still have many friends from there and meet frequently with fellow retirees.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
outsourcing
Na
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXMay 23, 2017
Day to day pretty high paste, deal with a global industry among them many of the top financial institutions. Case dealt with on a daily basis also include know ledge of other internal team. High multi tasking environment.
Very friendly work atmosphere
Senior Litigation Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 20, 2017
This is a very good company to learn about the legal and securities field. I enjoyed my time there and established a lot of great contacts. My direct supervisor was very understanding and friendly.
Pros
Healthy work atmosphere
Cons
No benefits
Great workplace environment with great people to work with in a team.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 16, 2017
The most enjoyable thing about working at DTCC is the people who are always willing to help and explain procedure, and are very friendly and take you out for lunch.
it was stable but no more
Principle & Interest Post Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2017
previously was a more personal touch. but now jobs are being lost to other countries. also management is going for the young people and releasing the olfer ones..
Pros
benifits
Cons
salary ans upper management
Highly stressful environment.
Voluntary Reorganization Team Lead (Former Employee) –  18301 Bermuda Green, Tampa, FL 34639April 25, 2017
The company provides employees with competitive salary and good health benefits and 401k. The work was very detail oriented. The job was challenging, however that is what made the job interesting.
Lots of Internal Opportunities but Heavy on the Politics
Management Level Employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2017
If you are pro-active in your approach to your career, this is a company where you can find opportunities to move to new and interesting areas should you find your career has stalled where you are. There are many opportunities to learn and grow. But the politics is so thick you can cut it with a knife, there is an intensely siloed culture despite a management belief to the contrary, and all activities are ensconced in heavy beauracracy. Too much process management and not enough worker-bees to actually do the process.
Pros
Pays above market
Cons
Will overwork you to make up for those who got laid off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DTCC. Our community is ready to answer.