DTCC Employee Reviews

Employment
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 12, 2018
Benefits are great, salary could be better. Even for working for the state the way does not have to be at the lowest possible. Great time off and health benefits.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Salary is not the best, job security.
Good Culture
GOCS Global Service Bureau Lead Specialist (Current Employee) –  Metro ManilaFebruary 9, 2018
The company has very good benefits + the culture and the people makes it nice place to work at. It also promotes work-life balance by allowing employees to work from home.
Very nice workplace
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2018
Never boring, always on the go, but with a work/life balance.
Management is professional and accessible.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Good benefits, very political environement
Associate Director HR Technology and Operations (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 31, 2018
DTCC is overall a good place to work. However in the upper management areas DTCC becomes a very political environment. Senior management is concerned more with their own financial gain than the advancement of staff or the organization as a whole.
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Political environment
productive and fun
Mailroom clerk/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 30, 2018
a friend refered me to this job which i enjoy, the people were very nice and i got to learn a lot. My lunch break was for one hour which was nice and also I got to learn new task.
Very relaxed atmosphere
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2018
Easy paced project. In fact many times we made some of the stake holders work and get the project executed. But got good freedom to innovate things in the project incl. new technologies etc.
Nice Team
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2018
It was nice working with the DTCC hence a great team always been supportive to me all the times and helped me in hard times to acquire Knowledge to improve my skills
Fair and Honest, but fears change and progression
Reorg Operations (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 17, 2018
I pretty much summed it up in my summary. It's a great place to work at. However, there is a distinct push back against changing anything that has been done over the past 30 years. There is always a fight for trying to enhance procedures or change anything for that matter. It's always the "It's the way we've always done it," mantra that can kind of be frustrating. They are getting better though, some changes are happening but it's still a struggle.

Pros: Better bonuses than most, you get to wear jeans everyday, they do have Work from Home capabilities but depending upon what department you work in it may be frowned upon. Definitely learned a lot, everyone knows their stuff and you can't just "fake it till you make it," kind of thing.

Cons: Stubborn old school mentality in some areas that resist change for the better.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 15, 2018
Good place to work.
Job Work/Life Balance - good
Compensation/Benefits - good
Job Security/Advancement - good
Management - good
Job Culture - good.

Good overall rating
Can be challenging depending upon area
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 12, 2018
Tenure is long at DTCC. Many middle and upper level managers have been with the company for decades. This can tend to create an environment that doesn't provide for a standard SOP that anyone can just easily reference. Moreover, the politics are thick, in that relationships go back a very long time, and egos are inflated the higher the role. They are moving to a more flattened structure, so that idea is that an employee should expand outward instead of move up, which really just means that most moves will be lateral for not much more pay or responsibility. The boomers up top aren't going anywhere, so it can be difficult for Gen Xers to gain any mobility.
Pros
Salary, benefits, and if you're lucky, immediate manager
Cons
Politics, culture, workload at times
short time contract
Senior Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2018
I was a programmer analyst .Contract was to short to give objective opinion about UPS Nice people, but lock of team work. Not very convenient location Difficult commute.
Hard, constant work.
Security Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 29, 2017
Work was always constant until 5:00PM. Management was always willing to teach the job. Lots of special projects with the ability to move into various Lines of Business.
Pros
You were allowed two 15 minutes break.
Good Stable Can Retire.
Director of Global Strategy (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2017
DTCC is a great company. It really is...it is the type of organization that most people dream of....you do challenging work that impacts truly the world...but you can make the choice to participate in a fast track Wall Street career or not at DTCC...it is all acceptable. I had an amazing experience with DTCC...I encourage everyone to apply and take the job even if there is a hiccup around money. But I caution the truly ambitious...if you still have your Rule the World Bug in you...well like me this will not be the final destination for you.
Too Much Manual processing and trying to be a DAY 1 company with inefficient middle management
Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 5, 2017
Overall the people are hard working, but the middle management team needs to be re-vamped to get persons who understand the work being done by their directs. They are clueless so the staff has little guidance, leadership or even advocates for proper change.

There's very little opportunity for growth. Once can feel stifled in the company in repeatable work with nothing to look forward to.

There's too much blaming the workers for inefficiencies with middle management. This has resulted in a low morale within many teams.

The company needs to decide what they're good at and do it vs trying to be what they're not, wasting money, time and resources resulting in a lot of re-work or inefficiencies.

HR also needs to help employees and not just management. workers have little to no advocacy within HR.
Pros
Hard working staff
Cons
Lack of middle management that understands the day to day operations
Let the games begin!
Sr. Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 29, 2017
The management from day one the games of politics was being played. I'm a very on task kind of employee, I don't work well with the corporate games. So I didn't play along and was fired soon after.
Pros
Great benefitrs
Cons
Corporate games, not fun...
Energetic atmosphere; Very knowledgable mentor-like management
Senior Surveillance Analyst, Risk Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2017
I worked directly with management from various departments, such as Legal, Member Onboarding, Credit Risk, and Risk Management. My role was clearly defined and the benefit of working with multiple departments was imparted through knowledge of the end to end securities clearing system.
Great Place, great people good company
Networking Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 28, 2017
Excellent place to work. very supportive people and very good management group.employee benefits also very good. career growth also very good as always more opportunities to explore on different tasks.
Not worth the Frustration
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 9, 2017
DTCC is all about numbers they dont care about much else .. as long as those charts trend in the correct direction they dont care how they are doing it . Mgmt is nothing more than Deer in the headlights when it comes to Process and getting ti done right
Pros
Cons
where do I begin
Ok for college students looking to get a job right out of school
International Tax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 22, 2017
Good place to start your career in a financial industry if you're coming right out of college. I wouldn't recommend it for mid to senior employees. Lack of advancement for most candidates.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
lack of career advancement
Stressful
Senior Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 20, 2017
The work can be very interesting and sometimes tedious. The firm is very Risk oriented, which is understandable in today's environment. I felt that the management style needed some work. Nobody bothered you unless something was brought to their attention. They did not get out in front of things and were somewhat oblivious to what was happening day to day. The management team was very likable, but had a problem with confrontation. The most frustrating part of the job was that there was really no growth within your own department; however, there were some opportunities to move laterally outside of the area. The best part of the job, I would say, is the company itself. It is a good place to work, with good benefits.
Pros
Company events
Cons
Recognition

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DTCC. Our community is ready to answer.