DTE Energy Employee Reviews

Very professional with limited educational freedom
Internship (Former Employee) –  Saint Clair, MINovember 25, 2016
The Co-op program was very well maintained, however, there were times I felt as an assistant (receiving jobs others did not want to complete) instead of an apprentice (learning the field of work each employee is a part of)
A very good place to work that cares about its employees.
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 16, 2016
Again, the work teams are great. It is a good place to work and balances work-life quite well. Overall, management is solid. New supervisors need to identify with corporate culture better.
Nice place to work
Senior IIB and Datapower Developer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 14, 2016
People there are nice and the working environment is also very comfortable. You will love that place. The working facilities are good there. People working there can do exercise during lunch break.
Productive and fun workplace
Co-op Engineer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 4, 2016
Learned professionalism, improved communication skills, applied my knowledge in the field, worked with principal engineers, added value to the corporation.
A great job
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MINovember 1, 2016
Working at DTE Energy I learned more than I have at any job. It was a hard job but completely worth it. Working on my own, I was able to stay focused & wasn't under any stress.
Pros
Work on your own time, the pay, benefits
Cons
No days off
Pretty Good, but not as rewarding as OEMs
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 30, 2016
Day to day it was interesting work, trying to make really old outdated combustion boilers maintained and running to meet ever changing EPA standards. Safety is priority #1, and they do good work for communities around the plants. Food courts were pretty terrible in the plants, and they were outdated. Overall the work was interesting, the PI charts for monitoring the boilers was really challenging to work with, good engineering experience as an intern
Pros
Interesting work, lots of road travel permitted
Cons
Less rewarding pay, boring challenges if you are into modern engineering
Energy company
Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 24, 2016
Large energy company with many different departments and career paths. Good benefits and mostly stable work environment. Tuition reimbursement was helpful.
A Challenging and rewarding workplace with a varied workload
Power Plant Operating Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tuscola, ILOctober 23, 2016
A typical day would consist of monitoring and controlling steam boilers, tubro generators and auxiliary equipment, taking scheduled readings for a variety of vital factors throughout the power facility, and responding to abnormal conditions or correcting inefficiencies.
Fun place to work
Engineering Co-op (Current Employee) –  Trenton, MIOctober 12, 2016
DTE Trenton Channel is a fun place to work at. There is usually more than one co-op working, so you work as a team more than individually. There isn't much work to do, so I always had down time to study while working. Seeing the larger-than-life structures here takes my breath away every time, and the people who work here are very friendly. Safety is the number one priority, so not having to worry about injury makes the job much more enjoyable.
Pros
Down time, coworkers, larger than life
Cons
too much down time, not much work to do
Great learning environment.
LAN Administrator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 7, 2016
Work day is receiving and looking of Service Desk tickets that are assigned to my group. Deploying new PC to employee's. Doing break/fix, desktop support for hardware and software issues. Salvaging equipment, maintaining various Microsoft/SQL databases. Using the Symantec Management Agent/Altiris to push software,inventory machines, Run fix it jobs, ect. What I like the most is being able to assist my colleagues with their PC troubles.
Lovely environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MISeptember 18, 2016
This is one of the best places to work. There is the existence of team spirit and support. The city itself isn't so much fun. Great coworkers.
great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 16, 2016
dte is a great workplace, great pay, great staff and great management! I love it this is a company to retire from. I never felt happy to wake up and go to work everyday until now
Pros
staff, pay, management
Cons
Good company that values employees
Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 6, 2016
Large company with lots of room for moving around departments. Experienced co-workers are a major benefit of working with DTE. Company is working on improving customer satisfaction.
nice working environment
ESB Developer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 30, 2016
Had a good experience working at DTE detroit,the manager is really supportive, lot of work , new things to learn, learn new things right from scratch.learn some architect concepts
Pros
good Experience, lot to learn
Cons
short contract
Nice working environment, people work great together
Transfer house cleaner (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIAugust 26, 2016
A nice job if yu in need of a 1st shift. The labor is not to hard or not to easy, anyone can do it. They had free water and Gatorade to keep us hydrated. The breaks were nice and management was respectful.
Pros
Nice break rooms, clean batrooms, and good management
Cons
Come home dirty, and its cold during the winter
Productive and the work environment was very fun
Summer Student Intern - Human Resources IT (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 24, 2016
Working in Human Resources I understood the employees based off of their different backgrounds (college, addresses, etc.). The people I worked with also made me feel as if I was a part of a family.
Pros
Co workers, assignments
Cons
very quiet
Communication was consistant
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 13, 2016
UHY was a good place to work and I enjoyed my time there. I only wished I could have stayed longer, but my consultant engagement ended.
Pros
PTO
Cons
No west side location
Very organized company
Call Center/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 11, 2016
This compant was very busy and strenuous working environment but the working environment was nice, clean and impressive.
DTE Overview
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 10, 2016
is a Detroit, Michigan-based utility company established in 1995 involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services nationwide.
excellent work place
Sr. IBM DataPower/Message Broker Developer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 8, 2016
I am enjoying every moment in work with great challenging tasks.
People are friendly and supporting each other.

Over all its work free environment with a lot of work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DTE Energy. Our community is ready to answer.