DTE Energy

DTE Energy Employee Reviews

Senior Paralegal (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMay 18, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, flexible work hours, diverse work force
Cons: Regional company
Great place to work. Very progressive, customer and employee focused. Diverse work force. Good benefits and competitive salaries. Opportunities for advancement, flexible hours.
an environment that could be hostile, and uncomfortable working
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Coldwater, MIMay 5, 2015
an environment that could be hostile, and uncomfortable working place where it was to hot during the summer due to no air or windows and to cold during the winter.
Productive learning environment with resources to equip employees for success.
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 26, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of me checking emails, attending meetings when required, and reporting to my supervisor after completing assignments and to receive new assignments.

This experience helped me to enhance my initiative skills and I learned how to effectively convey thoughts and ideas to the people that I worked with.

My co-workers were genuine in their endeavors to help me understand the company's values and goals, as they helped me to successfully navigate the system.
Highly productive but most of the time fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 14, 2015
Pros: free lunches, family oriented
Cons: Bed bugs
DTE has very long hours but the people are fun.You will get a lot of angry customers and you have to stay grounded and understanding
It was again a one on one with customers.
Meter Technician (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 9, 2015
Pros: You were paid by the job not by the hour.
You given your assignment to a certain area to cover. Each day you were in a different area. The people I worked with was ok to get along with. The hardest part of the job was the weather. On some days it was extremely hot and other days extremely cold.
Productive and fun people to work with. Great incentives.
Supervisor/Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 7, 2015
Pros: Ability to learn, Management listens and implement your ideas, great benefits, great opportunities for advancement
I never felt as if I didn't want to be there. I went to work with the expectation that today was going to be more productive than the day before. Management was strict on processes but allowed you to do your job without micro-managing. The opportunities to take company related courses and receive training was great for experience. The best company I've worked for so far.
Excellent Work culture
Student Co-op (Current Employee), Detroit, MIApril 6, 2015
Pros: Free lunch for most of th emeetings
I liked the work culture at DTE. No one forces things or work on you. So there is not a lot of stress involved. As long as you know your work, you are good.
SAP Senior Functional Consultant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 31, 2015
good place to learn; friendly management; challenging job; good perks; helping to co-workers;the most enjoyable part of the job
Not an Ideal Workplace if you are just applying
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Grand Rapids MIMarch 19, 2015
Pros: excellent food for storm duty (olive garden, chillis ect) excellent benefits- you dont have to wait a year. if it is a snow day, attendance policies are lenient for tardies.
* 18 months probation- no raise, could be fired at anytime
* Management is cliquish with their favorite employees
* You will be doing the same job as others who are making 3x your pay.
* Storm Duty is mandatory and can be sometimes 16 hours overtime in two days (but you are fed well)
* You will be dealing with callers who are upset because they have had to contact the company several times. Often about the same issue. Their review on you or the survey, depends on your bonuses. If a customer calls and is mistaken your company for another company they may rate you low accidentally. Even if they are contacted for clarity, your score will not be changed and it could ruin your chance of a bonus.
* You are required to follow a robotic eight step program on each call. If not, you will hear about it.
* Upper management places difficult standards on customer service so that they can obtain a JD Power and associates award.
*Detroit is headquarters and they are treated far better than their Grand Rapids counterparts.
*The CEO is out of touch with most aspects of his company.
* We are required to call ourselves customer service specialists, but the pay grade for this title is 17+ per hour as opposed to the 12.20 you will be paid (maybe)
big corporation, somewhat fun workplace
Distribution Operations Intern (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 16, 2015
Pros: relaxed environment, strong camaraderie and company pride
Cons: very corporated, work is possibly not interesting
My experience probably doesn't apply generally because I was part of an internship program. I was part of a big internship program that had over 120 interns. Most interns started out doing grunt work e.g. scanning documents and are supposed to steadily move up a ladder of different tasks before starting to do actual engineering work. The workplace is alright and working with 120 other student interns is pretty fun, but I definitely recommend only taking an internship with them if you're legitimately interested in working in an energy company.
excellent workplace
Field Collector II (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 16, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: climate conditions
excellent work hours,work at a safe pace,no hassle management,allowed to do your job productively,excellent benefits and compensation. allowed people skills to expand greatly,outdoor work in all climate conditions.
Business Consultant (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 11, 2015
Pros: free food during long over time, job security
Cons: growth and pay
In a typical day you'll receive 50 to 100+ calls a day helping customers with billing inquires and other issues. The co-workers here are amazing. Uplifting you can even say. Management is pretty great as well. I enjoy this job being able to help person whom may have been in a hardship like I have been at one point and being able to help them is a relief. Working directly for DTE is slightly better but as a contract position your stuck but have the opportunity to get hired in.
Very productive
Customer Service (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMarch 10, 2015
A typical day at work would be me receiving calls to turn on or off service or take a payment for a customer's bill. I learned how to save on utilities and to be compassionate to unfortunate circumstance. Management had no real training so we were all learning as time went on but they were very good at sharing information as soon as they received it. My co-workers were there only to do a job and there was little conversation which to me made the job hard because the coldness to each other was sometimes reflected with their customers. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to go above and beyond for customers and helping to the best of my ability.
Awesome Opportunities; however not well like within the community
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 9, 2015
Pros: bonuses, incentives, great benefits package
Cons: not customer friendly nor sensitive
I loved working for DTE and would have stayed on staff. Unfortunately my mother passed and I tried to keep our family business afloat. It is now best for me to return to my career dreams and ambitions
Excellent
Gas Distribution Operations Co-op Engineer (Current Employee), Detroit, MichiganMarch 8, 2015
• Generating daily Staking report as well as analyzing the number of tickets which are due for completion for the following week.
• Dispatching and tracking the weekly AMI workloads to the service technicians using Service Suite project management tool.
• Analyzing the Daily Leaks that are over 60 minutes thereby conducting root cause analysis finding the actual problem.
• Focusing on the trend change in Performance Metrics for the service operation in the gas company such as Time commitment, First En-route, Productivity, Utilization and Leak Response.
• Suggesting the plant manager on the crew size for the future year using forecast models utilizing the data on the number of service operations performed for the previous years.
• Assisting Supervisor in the Field Service and Distribution operations in creating the third party damage report as well as an After Action Review (AAR).
• Updating the SQDC Metrics on the PRT board for the weekly huddle meeting and suggesting areas of Improvement for a better Field Service, Distribution, and Miss DIG Operation.
• Working with SAP-ERP Systems for developing reports to track the progress of Performance Metrics for the Field Service in Gas Operations.
• Working with Enterprise Assest Management (EAM) software- Maximo for Work and Service Management of the Gas Operations.
Productive and fun place to work at
Call Center/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Southfield, MIMarch 3, 2015
On the phones soon as you login and always learning something new everyday. My supervisor is awesome and work family is amazing bunch of people to work with. The hardest part of my job is when I couldn't assist the customer and most enjoyable part of the my job is when the customer are truly happy of the way I assist them.
DTE Energy
Temporary Employee - Special Projects (Former Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 9, 2015
I gained the most valuable experience from this company. I never went a day without encountering something new. The flexibility of the job position was phenomenal, where I was able to target specific areas that needed improvement in the company. I worked with an array of mentors who had years of experience, and during large outages, I worked side-by-side with directors to restore power to customers as soon as possible. Co-workers were some of the best.
Nice
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Current Employee), DetroitFebruary 8, 2015
Not good for international students as it does not sponsor job visa. Excellent company or else, nice package, great learning opportunity, job security
Laid back and ok environment. Pay is not competitive and room for growth is limited.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 21, 2015
A typical day includes taking incoming calls from customers who are calling to start service, stop or transfer to a different address, billing issues or to make payments. Co workers are friendly and fun to be around. Hardest part is working in storm situations when customers have been out for numerous days. Most enjoyable is having catered food when long hours are required.
Company Review
Leadership Development Program (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 10, 2015
My experience has been great and I was afforded the opportunity to work on many high profile projects.

On the whole, the company is a utility that provides a lot of job security but that also means career progression is also delayed.

1 2 3 4 5

About DTE Energy

Detroit's economy may be lackluster, but DTE Energy still provides a reliable spark. The holding company's main subsidiary, Detroit – Read more

DTE Energy Salaries