DTE Energy

DTE Energy Employee Reviews

Excellent job postion with Kmart.
Senior Programmer Analyst (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJune 24, 2015
Spent five years with Kmart using INFORMIX, then had opportunity to get trained in Oracle, which is more widely sought in the job market.
Great Work culture
Digital Support Analyst (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJune 23, 2015
Pros: Good pay and work-life balance
Cons: Contract
Digital Analyst for DTE Energy assist customer with issues regarding the Mobile App for DTE as assist with Chat on Website also respond to customer emails.
A work hard, play hard place
Co-op/ Intern (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJune 20, 2015
A great company that treats its employees well and offers a laid back, relaxing environment. I learned quite a bit about the company from various departments. The Gas side of operations is where I spent most of my time, although I did see some of electrics' involvement during my tenure on the PLA project. Management was fair and considerate and generally imposed as little stress as was possible.
Good Company
Quality Assurance Tester (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJune 10, 2015
Good Company,
Lot of work and alway's busy
Learn lot of new things,
Management and co-workers are good,
Flexible working hours etc..
Not the best place
Customer Service Representive (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJune 8, 2015
I really didn't enjoy working there. I felt as a temp employee I was treated as a lower part of the company. I learned how to deal with customer difficult customers.
creative,fun and productive
electrical engineering intanship (Former Employee), downtown detroitJune 7, 2015
My typical day at work are productive,creative and fun but also comes along with some rough days.I learned several skills at both field and in office by working with the engineers especially in electrical field such as circuit preparation,analyses,data quality management.
The management was efficient and effective in all department and we support and work together to achieved the company goal,the hardest part of my job is been nice to the people that do not nice to me,and the most enjoyable happens to be the storm time where i help a lot of customers to restore back their power to normal.
Stable Job
Principle Supervisor (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJune 5, 2015

Workers care.
Productive and safe work environment
Summer Student (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMay 27, 2015
Pros: nice cafeteria
Cons: no opportunity for overtime
I typically filed about 250+ papers a day with additional faxing and copying. I learned to move swiftly to ensure that all assignments were completed in a timely manner. Management was very pleased with my work. Co-workers agreed that I was helpful to the team. The hardest part of the job was completely requests from other departments as well as work for my own department. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers.
Engineering Co/op
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMay 23, 2015
I really liked the work culture at DTE. No one forces things or work on you. So there is not a lot of stress involved. As long as you know your work.
Senior Paralegal (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMay 18, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, flexible work hours, diverse work force
Cons: Regional company
Great place to work. Very progressive, customer and employee focused. Diverse work force. Good benefits and competitive salaries. Opportunities for advancement, flexible hours.
an environment that could be hostile, and uncomfortable working
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Coldwater, MIMay 5, 2015
an environment that could be hostile, and uncomfortable working place where it was to hot during the summer due to no air or windows and to cold during the winter.
Productive learning environment with resources to equip employees for success.
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 26, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of me checking emails, attending meetings when required, and reporting to my supervisor after completing assignments and to receive new assignments.

This experience helped me to enhance my initiative skills and I learned how to effectively convey thoughts and ideas to the people that I worked with.

My co-workers were genuine in their endeavors to help me understand the company's values and goals, as they helped me to successfully navigate the system.
Highly productive but most of the time fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 14, 2015
Pros: free lunches, family oriented
Cons: Bed bugs
DTE has very long hours but the people are fun.You will get a lot of angry customers and you have to stay grounded and understanding
It was again a one on one with customers.
Meter Technician (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 9, 2015
Pros: You were paid by the job not by the hour.
You given your assignment to a certain area to cover. Each day you were in a different area. The people I worked with was ok to get along with. The hardest part of the job was the weather. On some days it was extremely hot and other days extremely cold.
Productive and fun people to work with. Great incentives.
Supervisor/Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 7, 2015
Pros: Ability to learn, Management listens and implement your ideas, great benefits, great opportunities for advancement
I never felt as if I didn't want to be there. I went to work with the expectation that today was going to be more productive than the day before. Management was strict on processes but allowed you to do your job without micro-managing. The opportunities to take company related courses and receive training was great for experience. The best company I've worked for so far.
Excellent Work culture
Student Co-op (Current Employee), Detroit, MIApril 6, 2015
Pros: Free lunch for most of th emeetings
I liked the work culture at DTE. No one forces things or work on you. So there is not a lot of stress involved. As long as you know your work, you are good.
SAP Senior Functional Consultant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 31, 2015
good place to learn; friendly management; challenging job; good perks; helping to co-workers;the most enjoyable part of the job
Not an Ideal Workplace if you are just applying
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Grand Rapids MIMarch 19, 2015
Pros: excellent food for storm duty (olive garden, chillis ect) excellent benefits- you dont have to wait a year. if it is a snow day, attendance policies are lenient for tardies.
* 18 months probation- no raise, could be fired at anytime
* Management is cliquish with their favorite employees
* You will be doing the same job as others who are making 3x your pay.
* Storm Duty is mandatory and can be sometimes 16 hours overtime in two days (but you are fed well)
* You will be dealing with callers who are upset because they have had to contact the company several times. Often about the same issue. Their review on you or the survey, depends on your bonuses. If a customer calls and is mistaken your company for another company they may rate you low accidentally. Even if they are contacted for clarity, your score will not be changed and it could ruin your chance of a bonus.
* You are required to follow a robotic eight step program on each call. If not, you will hear about it.
* Upper management places difficult standards on customer service so that they can obtain a JD Power and associates award.
*Detroit is headquarters and they are treated far better than their Grand Rapids counterparts.
*The CEO is out of touch with most aspects of his company.
* We are required to call ourselves customer service specialists, but the pay grade for this title is 17+ per hour as opposed to the 12.20 you will be paid (maybe)
big corporation, somewhat fun workplace
Distribution Operations Intern (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 16, 2015
Pros: relaxed environment, strong camaraderie and company pride
Cons: very corporated, work is possibly not interesting
My experience probably doesn't apply generally because I was part of an internship program. I was part of a big internship program that had over 120 interns. Most interns started out doing grunt work e.g. scanning documents and are supposed to steadily move up a ladder of different tasks before starting to do actual engineering work. The workplace is alright and working with 120 other student interns is pretty fun, but I definitely recommend only taking an internship with them if you're legitimately interested in working in an energy company.
excellent workplace
Field Collector II (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 16, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: climate conditions
excellent work hours,work at a safe pace,no hassle management,allowed to do your job productively,excellent benefits and compensation. allowed people skills to expand greatly,outdoor work in all climate conditions.

1 2 3 4 5

About DTE Energy

Detroit's economy may be lackluster, but¬†DTE Energy still provides a reliable spark. The holding company's main subsidiary, Detroit – Read more

DTE Energy Salaries