Pros: excellent food for storm duty (olive garden, chillis ect) excellent benefits- you dont have to wait a year. if it is a snow day, attendance policies are lenient for tardies.
* 18 months probation- no raise, could be fired at anytime
* Management is cliquish with their favorite employees
* You will be doing the same job as others who are making 3x your pay.
* Storm Duty is mandatory and can be sometimes 16 hours overtime in two days (but you are fed well)
* You will be dealing with callers who are upset because they have had to contact the company several times. Often about the same issue. Their review on you or the survey, depends on your bonuses. If a customer calls and is mistaken your company for another company they may rate you low accidentally. Even if they are contacted for clarity, your score will not be changed and it could ruin your chance of a bonus.
* You are required to follow a robotic eight step program on each call. If not, you will hear about it.
* Upper management places difficult standards on customer service so that they can obtain a JD Power and associates award.
*Detroit is headquarters and they are treated far better than their Grand Rapids counterparts.
*The CEO is out of touch with most aspects of his company.
* We are required to call ourselves customer service specialists, but the pay grade for this title is 17+ per hour as opposed to the 12.20 you will be paid (maybe)