DTZ

DTZ Employer Reviews

Taking a stand in our clients’ interests, and we are relentless in delivering value for our clients as we move from advice to action
Senior Administrative Assistant - Brokerage (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 26, 2015
DTZ is a global leader in property services. We provide occupiers and investors around the world with industry leading, end-to-end property solutions comprised of leasing agency and brokerage, integrated property and facilities management, capital markets, investment and asset management, valuation, building consultancy and project management. In addition, our award winning research and consulting services provide our clients with global and local market knowledge, forecasting and trend analysis to make the best long-term decisions for their continuous success far into the future.

From our origins in 18th century England to a 21st century global operation, DTZ has enjoyed a reputation for excellence providing leading-edge property insight and on-the-ground delivery to investors, developers, corporate and public sector occupiers and financial intermediaries.

The DTZ global team is united by a single focus – to deliver our clients exceptional service, rooted in a deep understanding of their needs and a commitment to their long-term success.
Not a great place
Mechanical Planner (Current Employee), Fort Dodge, IAJanuary 16, 2015
Cons: too many to count
Poorly managed company, it's a job. I really don't have anything good to say about this company. Never got a raise in 14 months of quality service, went through 3 account managers in a little over a year. Never a feeling of job security
Great company to work for.
Administrator (Former Employee), Savannah, GADecember 30, 2014
Pros: had my own office, cellphone, and travel card and company car
Cons: starting payroll on the weekends so it will be completed by monday.
A typical day at work was all co-workers coming to work. I learn how to handle payroll, dealing with different clients and the college we contract for. My manager was very outgoing and he let me learn things on my own. I had great co-worker under me, like the supervisors who handled their housekeepers with respect and dignity. The hardest part of the job was losing co-workers and having to replace them quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was traveling to the different buildings around the campus, and to other job sites out of town.
Productive and fun
Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Chandler, AZNovember 15, 2014
Pros: monthly meetings and customer satified with our work.
Cons: short staff at night and day.
Meeting with my workers bring up to date information about the week work.
Listen to my workers concerns and ideas to perform better job.
Providing them with all right tools and material to work.
Talking to our workers of any complains we got do that work was not done or completed.
Friday having lunch together and planning our week of what we have to do with our family.
was'nt a bad place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee), Lewiston, New YorkNovember 12, 2014
Pros: paychecks was always on time
Cons: poor management, we were always short every night
was'nt a bad place to work, but there were indeed management problems. We were always short(at least 10-11 employees short) every night on the night shift. Employees were always being fired over nothing. I heard horror stories about the night shift there that was done to other employees. A long term employee on the night shift commented, saying "the company cannot afford to loose any more employees, we already short about 11 people. A manager told one employee to "shut up" and get off the campus. And you know, "sh%t hit the fan". The manager was very unprofessional, and when the employee tried to call the Supervisor to explain and tell her side of the story, they woud not even answer the phone. they kept avoiding her. The manager side of the story was heard, but not the employee side of the story was heard. There is always two sides of a story. Then a few months down the road, this same manager was fired.
N/a
Housekeeper/Janitor (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAOctober 24, 2014
Pros: the beneifits
Cons: lack of communcations
a Typical Day at work for me is I know what to look forward doing.
Typical part time employment
Game-day and Corporate A.V. Technician (Current Employee), Foxborough, MAOctober 22, 2014
flexible hours, great people, worst part of the job is disorganization when it comes to scheduling and tasks, best part of the job is working all the concerts and football games.
Professional
Account Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 23, 2014
DTZ management is focused in providing their customers with a service first attitude. I find that the overall direction is lead by experienced team leaders. This approach filters down to all the employees which promotes success throughout the organization.
Embarkment to a more changllenging career path
Condominium Manager/ Property Officer (Current Employee), Harvest MansionSeptember 16, 2014
I've managed to work with top management people, independent, meticulous, managing a whole team and an excellent organizational skills.
Great Management Culture
DTZ Account Manager (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 29, 2014
Pros: great support
Cons: must like to relocate
The corporate culture is very inclusive and offers tremendous opportunities for professional development.
Poor management, and absolutley no room for growth.
Operations (Former Employee), Foxborough, MA Gillette StadiumAugust 14, 2014
Pros: get to see gillette stadium events
Cons: low wage, the management will lie to your face, no room for growth
My boss at this location has never lead a facilities team and it shows. Flip flops on everything very high turnover at this location now I see why. Paying everyone low hourly wage because everyone is forced to work so many hours for event coverage. Very shady company pinch pennies in paychecks maybe not everyone would catch it and blaim it on a computer glitch. Everyone that works in management there came from the team ops security this place is ran like a circus.
Good people to work with
Work Control Planner / Scheduler (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 18, 2014
I enjoy working for DTZ because there is something new happening every day. I have learned a great deal in my time here, and formed great relationships with my co-workers and bosses. The most difficult part of the job is keeping up with the huge amount of work orders we receive each day and ensuring fast, quality responses with limited resources. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is data mining the CMMS system and coming up with new metrics to report on in order to visualize the company's strengths and weaknesses, as well as facilitating the creation of new procedres.
Productive Company with positive attitude
Sanitation Technician (Former Employee), Whitakers, NCJuly 9, 2014
Operating PIV-T20 Scrubber / Operating Baler. Most enjoyable part of job was supervising safety team meetings.
CLEANER SUPERVISOR
CUSTODIAL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), MICHIGANJune 1, 2014
Pros: 14.00 hr
Cons: no raises after 18 months for anyone
SUPERVISOR CLEANER - ORDER SUPPLIES - CARPET CARE -- FLOOR CARE -- PAYROLL -- HIRE -- FIRE -
ALL PAPER WORK --- WRITE UPS -- DISCIPLINE ACTION --- OVER TIME --- DTZ DID NOTHING IN MY INTREST ---

SEEN MANAGER 3 TIMES A YEAR IN MICHIGAN----
LEFT ME WITH EVERYTHING - I TOOK CARE OF A 600,000 FT BUILDING MYSELF. HAD 10 - 14 EMPLOYEES WITH NO HELP FROM ANYONE FROM D.T.Z.
good company to work for
HVAC Mechanic (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 18, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: long drive to work
mobile hvac presently stationed in boston high rise for liberty mutual
monitor building operation useing companies ems/bas (seimans)
address emergency calls and take appropriate steps to rectify situations that arise
graet people to work for and great coworkers
the hardest part of the job is the 2 hr commute to work
the most enjoyable is working with such great people
No room for advancement
Technical Writer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2014
This company has no room for advancement unless you plan on moving back east.
A serene place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COMarch 14, 2014
Pros: chili cookoffs and annual property appreciation luncheons
Cons: can't think of any
My co-workers and myself had the attitude of getting the job done. They were supportive of one another (that included me) and understood the importance of the work they were doing. Sometimes the workplace became very quiet although work was still being completed. I enjoyed the work and the people. Most of the tasks I completed were fairly easy and enjoyable.
Was alright
Janitor/Cleaner (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 24, 2014
A typical day at work is I took care of 2nd and 3rd floor.

I was not really able to talk to my co-workers as none of them really knew English.
DTZ
Associate (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 6, 2014
-Do Real Estate market research on the DC area.
-Prospect/research growing companies.
-Network/cold-call companies in regards to their leasing situation.
-Review companies operating expenses in order to advise them on their rent/lease.
-Advise companies on how to be come more economic efficient.

I have become an expert at prospecting and cold-calling companies. The confidence I have gained has allowed me to become a better team member at DTZ and in the workplace.
office services
Office Services/Backup Receptionist (Current Employee), BostonNovember 6, 2013
Office work. Making copies, books. incoming mail, outgoing mail.