DTZ Employee Reviews in United States

Not a well desired place of employment
Operations Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAApril 11, 2016
Day starts with paper runs and receiving packages. Scan packages in and deliver packages to individual. I enjoy working with a few co-workers but management is almost non-existent. Hardest part is dealing with the headaches of the management who wont listen to any ideas or procedures outside of their own. The contract I work for I thoroughly enjoy the people of the company we are contracted out to.
Pros
Easy, simple, routine
Cons
Management issues, no growth
grate place to work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 11, 2016
Gout alone grate with co-worker, manager it was fun place to work I meet people from all over the world . apart of my job was to greet people
the job kept you busy.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 29, 2016
The job requested great customer services and to maintain the work place extremely clean. I spent six hours a day, five days a week cleaning a college building.
Pros
kept me busy
Cons
the pay
DTZ in a nutshell...
(Contractor) - Carpet Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 27, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of the people who worked CONSTANTLY having to pick up the slack for those who chose to NOT to work.

I learned that, at least at THAT company, that it didn't matter how hard you worked. There was a general sense of favoritism shown to certain members of the so-called "Team". It was proven time and again that those who chose to goof off got more breaks (if you will), than those who actually came to work and did their jobs.

My immediate supervisor was great. She got in there and worked as hard the hardest worker there, as did the manager above her. He could be counted on to help out whenever needed. Now, the account manager, was a joke. For example, the whole team could have seen a problem (any problem), we would bring the problem to his attention, and that's where the "buck" would always stop. Another thing that bothered those of us who worked at night, was the blatant favoritism he showed the people who worked during the day. To my way of thinking, you cannot do that, and expect to have a "harmonious" work environment.

My co-workers were pretty good people. There were a few "bad apples" who made things difficult for the rest of us now and again, But for the most part, I really didn't have many complaints.

More oft than not, a lack of communication between upper management and the employees tended to be the hardest part of the job.

DTZ was contracted to clean the USAA building in Colorado Springs. And to me, the most enjoyable part of the job, tended to be the interaction between myself and some of the USAA employees.
Pros
No Micromanagement, benefits
Cons
Insufficient pay, poor communication at times, certain workers who didn't work.
Company that values knowledge and training
Site Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2016
Company that provides opportunities for advancement. This company values knowledge and training and will provide paid training to enhance your skill.
Stressful and very poorly managed
(Temp) Client Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2016
Overworked stressed out staff, poor old and outdated infrastructure including constantly broken down equipment needed to perform job. Unprofessional management, non supportive and unapproachable. A bully-like culture where only select few employees were invited to office parties and lunches. Expected to work overtime often without compensation. Nightmares and loss of sleep as result.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
everything else
very wonderful place to work,enjoyed the people the most.
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Blair, NEDecember 7, 2015
were so many things to do, I learned so many new jobs, very good company to work for. added so much personal develop for me.
Pros
my job. i loved it. nothing negative to say
Cons
sometimes very fast pace. but you just get it done.
Produductive and good work place.
Utility Tech/ Maintenance man (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 21, 2015
Subcontracted through Schlumberger. Enjoyed my job. Very helpful if you had a question. My boss and I worked fairly well together. Unfortunately got laid off because of Oil prices.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Oil prices slow things down
Overall it was a Great place to work and gain experience
Lubrication Tech/Millwright (Former Employee) –  MemphisOctober 18, 2015
Pros: I started out as a sanitation employee and work my way up to a lead millwright position in 5 years. They really do reward hardwork and spend a lot of time and money training employees. They do a great job of promoting from within the company.

Cons: Pay was not all that great and management isn't always upfront and honest with employees. They tell you what you want to hear.
Pros
Promotion from hardwork, Training, good people to work with
Cons
Pay is low compared to other companies. Inexperience management
productive place to work with diverse cultures
Housekeeping/ Night Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 7, 2015
Enjoyable work place with supportive management
No growth opportunities and I need a place where I can grow
Decent amouunt of red tape, which is expected of companies such as this one
Pros
Overtime is always available
Cons
Health care
It was good
Operation Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CASeptember 2, 2015
It was good not so organized but overall it was good while I was still in school. Not a place to grow. Got comfortable with Microsoft office
ok for first experience
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAAugust 18, 2015
ok for experience, too much paper work, safety over does it sometimes, not much for advancement and benefits change every year
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Healthcare is not the greatest
OK place to work
Admin (Current Employee) –  Boston AreaAugust 12, 2015
OK place to work, I have been here for a few months after my old employer lost their contract. Management seems nice, but have poor communication with new employees.
great place to work and plenty opportunity to grow with the company
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  dayton ohioAugust 9, 2015
great company to work with. hard work and determination really pays off with this company. this company invest lots of time and training into their employees. you can start on the bottom of the ladder and leave a highly skilled/ highly marketable employee.
Pros
great pay and great people
DTZ is GREAT
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 4, 2015
DTZ is a Great Company to work for! Typical day is very busy, always something to do. The team I work for is great! Everyone is very helpful and professional. I enjoy working for this wonderful company!
Good Company to Start but experiencing growing pains
Central Utilities Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 22, 2015
This company was a great place to work and had great benefits. However they experienced growing pains once the split from Unicco.
The Good & Bad...
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 30, 2015
A typical day at work for me would consist of me making sure the women's restrooms are clean and restocked properly. What I learned from this job was that its better to work alone and get the job done than with a team (very unorganized). There's a lot I can say about management but what I will say is "new" management is not always the best route to take for a company. It seemed as though things got worse with new people in charge. Not just for one shift but for all shifts. I enjoy working with my co-workers and my supervisor is the best!! She looks out for her crew. The hardest part of the job is when your in the midst of trying to finish up a certain task and get called on the walkie talkie to go and do something for management (when they are free and could do it themselves). The most enjoyable part of the job is when your co-workers try their best to make sure everyone doesn't allow the job to stress you out.
Pros
Hour lunch break
Cons
Management treats employees unfairly
Fun Buisness to work for
Custodial/Floor Tec (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge,IaJune 28, 2015
I very much enjoyed working for DTZ. They have a high work standard. They tried to be as fair as possible with their employees. I would consider working for the company again.
Good company and senior management support
Facility Manager, Regional Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2015
It is nice working with competent senior managers who genuinely care about their people. They provided good support when needed.
Worked along with great co-workers
Regional Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburnade, MAJune 9, 2015
I was a Regional Finance Manager and worked on several things per day. My co-workers were great. We all worked independently on different regions. We were responsible for month end closes, Forecast and budgeting. We also have to perform balance sheet reconciliations, Month end reporting packages and ad-hoc analysis when needed.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
We needed to be available on weekends and nights