DTZ Employee Reviews

great working environment
Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 6, 2016
Staff is great very nice and willing to learn more to gain a better opportunity of advancement. Company offer a great pay salary at first but it takes a very long time to gain raises for employees due to contracts.
Pros
very fast paced
Cons
waiting long time for raises for employees
I enjoyed working there, gained alot of experience in different areas
Vacuum Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IASeptember 19, 2016
I enjoyed working at DTZ I liked working long hours and doing hard work. On a daily we would vaccum up debris on Cargill property and mow and take care of the outside on down time. We also had to learn how to drive a forklift to move things around on occasion. Overall it was a really good job
Pros
good hours, job was different every day, good pay
Cons
different hours everyday, didnt get properly trained on some things
Stressful and very poorly managed
(Temp) Client Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2016
Overworked stressed out staff, poor old and outdated infrastructure including constantly broken down equipment needed to perform job. Unprofessional management, non supportive and unapproachable. A bully-like culture where only select few employees were invited to office parties and lunches. Expected to work overtime often without compensation. Nightmares and loss of sleep as result.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
everything else
cleaner company
Supervisor and maintenance (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 20, 2016
is good company feel you wok in family i had good exeperiences with them if you have any situation their help and find soluction fast supervisor s good peron and manager im glad their gave me the oportunity work for them
DTZ in a nutshell...
(Contractor) - Carpet Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 27, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of the people who worked CONSTANTLY having to pick up the slack for those who chose to NOT to work.

I learned that, at least at THAT company, that it didn't matter how hard you worked. There was a general sense of favoritism shown to certain members of the so-called "Team". It was proven time and again that those who chose to goof off got more breaks (if you will), than those who actually came to work and did their jobs.

My immediate supervisor was great. She got in there and worked as hard the hardest worker there, as did the manager above her. He could be counted on to help out whenever needed. Now, the account manager, was a joke. For example, the whole team could have seen a problem (any problem), we would bring the problem to his attention, and that's where the "buck" would always stop. Another thing that bothered those of us who worked at night, was the blatant favoritism he showed the people who worked during the day. To my way of thinking, you cannot do that, and expect to have a "harmonious" work environment.

My co-workers were pretty good people. There were a few "bad apples" who made things difficult for the rest of us now and again, But for the most part, I really didn't have many complaints.

More oft than not, a lack of communication between upper management and the employees tended to be the hardest part of the job.

DTZ was contracted to clean the USAA building in Colorado Springs. And to me, the most enjoyable part of the job, tended to be the interaction between myself and some of the USAA employees.
Pros
No Micromanagement, benefits
Cons
Insufficient pay, poor communication at times, certain workers who didn't work.
Horrible place to work!
MAID (Former Employee) –  Caledonia, MIApril 23, 2015
DTZ is horrible! The work hours suck! There is only 1 wage without any raises. The work can be a bit much because other of employees not pulling their weight as well as the manager is lazy and plays favorite and is sleeps with the crew! The employees bring all their personal life into the business aspect and it becomes a very messy place to work. The individuals that work for the call center that is being cleaned are pigs and treat you as if your scum and less than a person. TAKE MY ADVICE ANF AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COST! IT IS NOT WORTH IT!!
Pros
2 paid breaks
Cons
Unpaid break, poor training, and unprofessional manager.
Human Resource Assistant (Bilingual Portuguese/English) / File Clerk
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 17, 2012
Recruitment of personnel and logistics;
* Performance management and improvement of systems.
* Employee Orientation, development, training and logistics and record keeping;
* Help with labor relations;
* Enterprise facilitation Commission wide and participation;
* Communication between employees of the company;
* Compensation and benefits administration and record keeping;
* Employee Services; Answer calls to their employee's Affairs
and replying to e- mail.
* Maintenance of personnel files and archive system
Human Resources;
* Contribute to the operation of the day-to-day life of efficient offices of human resources.
Archivist: maintenance of all databases and registers, creating new entries
as needed. Archive documents and files. Answer all questions about the
the company's database, files and records. Purge all out-of-date records.
Register all files that are removed from the database or library. Implement
new archiving systems, as indicated. Do basic Office tasks,
Produductive and good work place.
Utility Tech/ Maintenance man (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 21, 2015
Subcontracted through Schlumberger. Enjoyed my job. Very helpful if you had a question. My boss and I worked fairly well together. Unfortunately got laid off because of Oil prices.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Oil prices slow things down
OK Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 6, 2016
There was not a worklife balance within this company due to direct managers "rules". Required to be there whether sick or bad storm that closed the site.
Not a well desired place of employment
Operations Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAApril 11, 2016
Day starts with paper runs and receiving packages. Scan packages in and deliver packages to individual. I enjoy working with a few co-workers but management is almost non-existent. Hardest part is dealing with the headaches of the management who wont listen to any ideas or procedures outside of their own. The contract I work for I thoroughly enjoy the people of the company we are contracted out to.
Pros
Easy, simple, routine
Cons
Management issues, no growth
Cleaner supervisor
CUSTODIAL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  MICHIGANJune 1, 2014
Supervisor cleaner - order supplies - carpet care -- floor care -- payroll -- hire -- fire -
All paper work --- write ups -- discipline action --- over time --- dtz did nothing in my intrest ---

Seen manager 3 times a year in michigan----
Left me with everything - I took care of a 600,000 ft building myself. Had 10 - 14 employees with no help from anyone from d.T.Z.
Pros
14.00 HR
Cons
NO RAISES AFTER 18 MONTHS FOR ANYONE
ok for first experience
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAAugust 18, 2015
ok for experience, too much paper work, safety over does it sometimes, not much for advancement and benefits change every year
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Healthcare is not the greatest
Extremely Dangerous and Hazardous
Equipment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 20, 2016
Worked in the most volatile environment's imaginable. Aflotoxion, High Level of SO2, Vacuum truck. Front end loader operator. Pull hoses up to 30 Stories high.
Pros
Great hours so more money
Cons
Health Hazard
Not a great place
Mechanical Planner (Current Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAJanuary 16, 2015
Poorly managed company, it's a job. I really don't have anything good to say about this company. Never got a raise in 14 months of quality service, went through 3 account managers in a little over a year. Never a feeling of job security
Pros
Cons
too many to count
Good Company to Start but experiencing growing pains
Central Utilities Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 22, 2015
This company was a great place to work and had great benefits. However they experienced growing pains once the split from Unicco.
Overall it was a Great place to work and gain experience
Lubrication Tech/Millwright (Former Employee) –  MemphisOctober 18, 2015
Pros: I started out as a sanitation employee and work my way up to a lead millwright position in 5 years. They really do reward hardwork and spend a lot of time and money training employees. They do a great job of promoting from within the company.

Cons: Pay was not all that great and management isn't always upfront and honest with employees. They tell you what you want to hear.
Pros
Promotion from hardwork, Training, good people to work with
Cons
Pay is low compared to other companies. Inexperience management
over time
Building Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Auburndale, FLMarch 4, 2015
has 401k health care.daily inspection of building management helpfull co workers allways willing to help removing ice.staff are nice pepole
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not many
Potential to be a great opportunity
Worldwide leader (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 11, 2013
DTZ can be a great place to work pending on the office/location you are in. Due to the compensation structure and company model, combined with the real estate industry situation overall, it lends itself to be a high turnover company to work for.
Corporate and Cold
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  USMarch 8, 2015
My department was lied to about our job security in order to get the company through an acquisition. "Zero to minimal layoffs", in reality, have equated to nearly 50% of my department being let go. Instead of a first in first out policy for layoffs, those most senior were let go first. In some instances, our most senior staff were given 3 days notice of their layoff. Some members of my direct team received no severance pay at all. Those of us who have a future layoff date have had more and more asked of us than ever before following the layoff. In my team's case we have been outsourced. Unfortunately DTZ seems to have assumed we would all stay until our layoff date and has absolutely no contingency plan. By the end of this month a team with 3 remaining people will be expected to cover the work of 8 people. Most of us are not planning on staying until our end date....but we have already been told that if for any reason we give less than 10 business days notice of leaving, despite the fact that we will not be replaced, we will be reported as having left on negative terms to future employers.

Furthermore, we were told layoffs and outsourcing were due to budget restrictions, while it has been announced my former company has had its most profitable year ever. After the deed was done we discovered that in fact our outsourcing was likely not to save money, but was done due to a connection between a board member and the company we were outsourcing to.

This company is slimy at best. Stay away. I cannot wait to be done.
Pros
Benefits and vacation time are good
Cons
Management is aloof, disconnected, untrustworthy and does not plan for the future
Decent job for now
Millwright (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 23, 2013
I have been here for a few years now. When I started I was hoping to move up but it seems like I have reached the peak in my field of work. Pay is slightly below average. Benefits are ok.
Pros
Large Company
Cons
Harsh invironment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DTZ. Our community is ready to answer.