DTZ Employee Reviews

Won't go back
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 12, 2017
The place was not run properly they have there picks of people and they treat workers unfair. It's not all just management. I wouldn't tell a dog to go work for them.
Pros
I had weekends off
Cons
rude
cleaner company
Supervisor and maintenance (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 20, 2016
is good company feel you wok in family i had good exeperiences with them if you have any situation their help and find soluction fast supervisor s good peron and manager im glad their gave me the oportunity work for them
I enjoyed working there, gained alot of experience in different areas
Vacuum Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IASeptember 19, 2016
I enjoyed working at DTZ I liked working long hours and doing hard work. On a daily we would vaccum up debris on Cargill property and mow and take care of the outside on down time. We also had to learn how to drive a forklift to move things around on occasion. Overall it was a really good job
Pros
good hours, job was different every day, good pay
Cons
different hours everyday, didnt get properly trained on some things
great working environment
Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 6, 2016
Staff is great very nice and willing to learn more to gain a better opportunity of advancement. Company offer a great pay salary at first but it takes a very long time to gain raises for employees due to contracts.
Pros
very fast paced
Cons
waiting long time for raises for employees
OK Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 6, 2016
There was not a worklife balance within this company due to direct managers "rules". Required to be there whether sick or bad storm that closed the site.
Extremely Dangerous and Hazardous
Equipment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 20, 2016
Worked in the most volatile environment's imaginable. Aflotoxion, High Level of SO2, Vacuum truck. Front end loader operator. Pull hoses up to 30 Stories high.
Pros
Great hours so more money
Cons
Health Hazard
working at Mercedes Benz HQ
Lead Electrician (Current Employee) –  Montvale, NJMay 19, 2016
Everyday I perform daily building tours , changing lamps and ballasts. performing a boiler support every 2 hours . provide materials and labor for new installations , troubleshoot necessary problems
Pros
getting along with the customers
Cons
poor management
Okay
Purchasing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Auburndale, MAMay 18, 2016
Dependent on what you are looking for in an position, degree and level of experience. Very fast paced environment. High organizational skills are required.
steady, busy work
"cleaner" (Former Employee) –  Wellsville, NYMay 7, 2016
In the location i worked in, we had a well working group of people that believed in team work. Safety came first, but we always managed to make it fun. The company was a little difficult, getting the equipment that we needed was a hard task to do.
Not a well desired place of employment
Operations Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAApril 11, 2016
Day starts with paper runs and receiving packages. Scan packages in and deliver packages to individual. I enjoy working with a few co-workers but management is almost non-existent. Hardest part is dealing with the headaches of the management who wont listen to any ideas or procedures outside of their own. The contract I work for I thoroughly enjoy the people of the company we are contracted out to.
Pros
Easy, simple, routine
Cons
Management issues, no growth
grate place to work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 11, 2016
Gout alone grate with co-worker, manager it was fun place to work I meet people from all over the world . apart of my job was to greet people
Good entry level part time
Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 5, 2016
DTZ was a great learning experience for me. its a good job for someone who is just starting to work and just wanting to gain work experiance.
the job kept you busy.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 29, 2016
The job requested great customer services and to maintain the work place extremely clean. I spent six hours a day, five days a week cleaning a college building.
Pros
kept me busy
Cons
the pay
DTZ in a nutshell...
(Contractor) - Carpet Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 27, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of the people who worked CONSTANTLY having to pick up the slack for those who chose to NOT to work.

I learned that, at least at THAT company, that it didn't matter how hard you worked. There was a general sense of favoritism shown to certain members of the so-called "Team". It was proven time and again that those who chose to goof off got more breaks (if you will), than those who actually came to work and did their jobs.

My immediate supervisor was great. She got in there and worked as hard the hardest worker there, as did the manager above her. He could be counted on to help out whenever needed. Now, the account manager, was a joke. For example, the whole team could have seen a problem (any problem), we would bring the problem to his attention, and that's where the "buck" would always stop. Another thing that bothered those of us who worked at night, was the blatant favoritism he showed the people who worked during the day. To my way of thinking, you cannot do that, and expect to have a "harmonious" work environment.

My co-workers were pretty good people. There were a few "bad apples" who made things difficult for the rest of us now and again, But for the most part, I really didn't have many complaints.

More oft than not, a lack of communication between upper management and the employees tended to be the hardest part of the job.

DTZ was contracted to clean the USAA building in Colorado Springs. And to me, the most enjoyable part of the job, tended to be the interaction between myself and some of the USAA employees.
Pros
No Micromanagement, benefits
Cons
Insufficient pay, poor communication at times, certain workers who didn't work.
Company that values knowledge and training
Site Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2016
Company that provides opportunities for advancement. This company values knowledge and training and will provide paid training to enhance your skill.
Stressful and very poorly managed
(Temp) Client Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2016
Overworked stressed out staff, poor old and outdated infrastructure including constantly broken down equipment needed to perform job. Unprofessional management, non supportive and unapproachable. A bully-like culture where only select few employees were invited to office parties and lunches. Expected to work overtime often without compensation. Nightmares and loss of sleep as result.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
everything else
very wonderful place to work,enjoyed the people the most.
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Blair, NEDecember 7, 2015
were so many things to do, I learned so many new jobs, very good company to work for. added so much personal develop for me.
Pros
my job. i loved it. nothing negative to say
Cons
sometimes very fast pace. but you just get it done.
Produductive and good work place.
Utility Tech/ Maintenance man (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 21, 2015
Subcontracted through Schlumberger. Enjoyed my job. Very helpful if you had a question. My boss and I worked fairly well together. Unfortunately got laid off because of Oil prices.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Oil prices slow things down
Overall it was a Great place to work and gain experience
Lubrication Tech/Millwright (Former Employee) –  MemphisOctober 18, 2015
Pros: I started out as a sanitation employee and work my way up to a lead millwright position in 5 years. They really do reward hardwork and spend a lot of time and money training employees. They do a great job of promoting from within the company.

Cons: Pay was not all that great and management isn't always upfront and honest with employees. They tell you what you want to hear.
Pros
Promotion from hardwork, Training, good people to work with
Cons
Pay is low compared to other companies. Inexperience management
productive place to work with diverse cultures
Housekeeping/ Night Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 7, 2015
Enjoyable work place with supportive management
No growth opportunities and I need a place where I can grow
Decent amouunt of red tape, which is expected of companies such as this one
Pros
Overtime is always available
Cons
Health care