DTZ

DTZ Employer Reviews

Good people to work with
Work Control Planner / Scheduler (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 18, 2014
I enjoy working for DTZ because there is something new happening every day. I have learned a great deal in my time here, and formed great relationships with my co-workers and bosses. The most difficult part of the job is keeping up with the huge amount of work orders we receive each day and ensuring fast, quality responses with limited resources. The – more... most enjoyable part of the job for me is data mining the CMMS system and coming up with new metrics to report on in order to visualize the company's strengths and weaknesses, as well as facilitating the creation of new procedres. – less
Productive Company with positive attitude
Sanitation Technician (Former Employee), Whitakers, NCJuly 9, 2014
Operating PIV-T20 Scrubber / Operating Baler. Most enjoyable part of job was supervising safety team meetings.
CLEANER SUPERVISOR
CUSTODIAL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), MICHIGANJune 1, 2014
Pros: 14.00 hr
Cons: no raises after 18 months for anyone
SUPERVISOR CLEANER - ORDER SUPPLIES - CARPET CARE -- FLOOR CARE -- PAYROLL -- HIRE -- FIRE -
ALL PAPER WORK --- WRITE UPS -- DISCIPLINE ACTION --- OVER TIME --- DTZ DID NOTHING IN MY INTREST ---

SEEN MANAGER 3 TIMES A YEAR IN MICHIGAN----
LEFT ME WITH EVERYTHING - I TOOK CARE OF A 600,000 FT BUILDING MYSELF. HAD 10 - 14 EMPLOYEES WITH NO HELP FROM – more... ANYONE FROM D.T.Z. – less
good company to work for
HVAC Mechanic (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 18, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: long drive to work
mobile hvac presently stationed in boston high rise for liberty mutual
monitor building operation useing companies ems/bas (seimans)
address emergency calls and take appropriate steps to rectify situations that arise
graet people to work for and great coworkers
the hardest part of the job is the 2 hr commute to work
the most enjoyable is working with – more... such great people – less
No room for advancement
Technical Writer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2014
This company has no room for advancement unless you plan on moving back east.
A serene place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COMarch 14, 2014
Pros: chili cookoffs and annual property appreciation luncheons
Cons: can't think of any
My co-workers and myself had the attitude of getting the job done. They were supportive of one another (that included me) and understood the importance of the work they were doing. Sometimes the workplace became very quiet although work was still being completed. I enjoyed the work and the people. Most of the tasks I completed were fairly easy and enjoyable.
Was alright
Janitor/Cleaner (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 24, 2014
A typical day at work is I took care of 2nd and 3rd floor.

I was not really able to talk to my co-workers as none of them really knew English.
DTZ
Associate (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 6, 2014
-Do Real Estate market research on the DC area.
-Prospect/research growing companies.
-Network/cold-call companies in regards to their leasing situation.
-Review companies operating expenses in order to advise them on their rent/lease.
-Advise companies on how to be come more economic efficient.

I have become an expert at prospecting and cold-calling – more... companies. The confidence I have gained has allowed me to become a better team member at DTZ and in the workplace. – less
office services
Office Services/Backup Receptionist (Current Employee), BostonNovember 6, 2013
Office work. Making copies, books. incoming mail, outgoing mail.
Decent job for now
Millwright (Current Employee), Dayton, OHOctober 23, 2013
Pros: large company
Cons: harsh invironment
I have been here for a few years now. When I started I was hoping to move up but it seems like I have reached the peak in my field of work. Pay is slightly below average. Benefits are ok.
Good job if you are starting and need income
Custodian (Current Employee), ConnecticutOctober 17, 2013
Gained lots of experience
Hands on type of work
Independent work
Good atmosphere if one is just starting to work and needing an income, it gives you some flexibility.
Productive work place
Senior Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Auburndale, MASeptember 17, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: new computer software went live w/ out proper testing
Typical day included running many reports and managing the accounts receivable for assigned regions.
Learned cash applications and using financial statements to calculate credit limits for customers.
Manager and co-workers created a team oriented environment.
Hardest part of job was when customers, both internal and external, were unresponsive.
Most – more... enjoyable part of the job was reaching departmental goals. – less
good place to work
Maintenance Planner for Cargill (Former Employee), Fort Dodge, IAAugust 28, 2013
It was a good place to work but the commute was a little too much for me working 12 hour shifts and driving back and forth
Managers and co-workers are very nice.
Electrician (Current Employee), Fremont, CaAugust 25, 2013
Pros: plenty of training opportunites, very concerned with employee safety and well being.
Cons: healtcare is too expensive
Managers and co-workers are very nice, however the company needs to work on better upper management structure.
Corporate Sales Environment that has a Midwest Feel
Transaction Advisor (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 5, 2013
Pros: make my own hours, work at my own pace and have a job that allows me to help people each day
Cons: no benefits and commission splits are well below market average
A typical day of work consists of prospecting for new business and providing transaction advisory on existing deals. All new business development is accomplished through cold calling and referrals. Therefore, I spend a lot of time at my desk banging the phones and working my existing contacts. After a deal is closed, I work with the client from the – more... initial stages of the real estate deal to the final stage of getting the lease signed. My time is split in half working on new business development and transaction advisory.
I have learned that I have to work extremely hard and provide outstanding service to my clients in order to prove my worth. Once I can do this, my clients will completely trust me and view me as a member of their team opposed to someone that is just trying to collect a real estate fee.
My managing director was the best real estate broker in all of Indianapolis. He was also a great boss and mentor. Unfortunately, he just left the firm to go to a competitor. The corporate recruiter that hired me has also left the firm for a competitor as well. I like the new managing director of my branch but I am not sure if he will thrive in a management role. From an executive standpoint, two CEO's have been terminated over the last year and the COO also recently left the firm. UGL (parent company) is currently trying to sell DTZ (company where I work) so things at the management level will be constantly changing over the next year.
I have the best co-workers in the world. They are hard-working, easy to get along with and I trust every single one of them. Unfortunately, a lot of them are also on the job hunt since our former managing director has left the firm.
The hardest part of my job is being paid 100% commission. There are times when I spend over 80 hours working on a deal that ends up falling through at the last moment. As a result, I am not able to be compensated for all of my hard work and have gone over 90 days without a paycheck on multiple occasions.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I have a client realize the value I bring to the table. My goal is to minimize my client's real estate costs and remove as much pressure and stress from him/her as possible. I feel a great deal of satisfaction when my client knows that I have helped them get a great deal and truly have their best interests at heart. – less
An interesting and a challlenging, well organized place to work in
Maintenance (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 2, 2013
DTZ can be a great company to work for. great team My co-workers worked as hard as i worked, making every task given to the team easy to accomplish.
Potential to be a great opportunity
Worldwide leader (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 11, 2013
DTZ can be a great place to work pending on the office/location you are in. Due to the compensation structure and company model, combined with the real estate industry situation overall, it lends itself to be a high turnover company to work for.
DTZ now has expanded it's business to include property management/facility management.
Compliance Manager (Current Employee), Pearl River, NYJanuary 9, 2013
DTZ, a UGL Services Company, has expanded to include a property management/facilities management.
DTZ is a good company to be a team player. This company allows you professional growth.
Human Resource Assistant (Bilingual Portuguese/English) / File Clerk
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 17, 2012
Recruitment of personnel and logistics;
* Performance management and improvement of systems.
* Employee Orientation, development, training and logistics and record keeping;
* Help with labor relations;
* Enterprise facilitation Commission wide and participation;
* Communication between employees of the company;
* Compensation and benefits administration – more... and record keeping;
* Employee Services; Answer calls to their employee's Affairs
and replying to e- mail.
* Maintenance of personnel files and archive system
Human Resources;
* Contribute to the operation of the day-to-day life of efficient offices of human resources.
Archivist: maintenance of all databases and registers, creating new entries
as needed. Archive documents and files. Answer all questions about the
the company's database, files and records. Purge all out-of-date records.
Register all files that are removed from the database or library. Implement
new archiving systems, as indicated. Do basic Office tasks, – less
My Job In Bath
Temp then made Perm (Current Employee), Bath, ENGAugust 13, 2014
Pros: being in the centre of town, meeting new people
Cons: long hours, sometimes very little to do, not flexible.
Typical day requires me to be here from 8.30am to make sure the kitchens are kept to a high standard for staff use. This goes for the meeting rooms too.
I'm then required to take phone calls through out the day for the various companies in the building, answering with their company name. I also answer any e-mails and take messages for companies. When – more... the post get's delivered, I am required to sort through it and put in the relative post boxes. Sometimes I maybe asked to book meeting rooms, internally and externally.
My customer service has grown whilst working here but I feel my days could be more productive.
My manager is great and always willing to try and be as flexible as they can.
My co-workers are also lovely.
The hardest part is probably trying to keep everyone happy with regards to the building, meeting rooms etc. And also it can be difficult to stay focused when there is sometimes little to do however I do enjoy meeting the various people I get to meet and I enjoy being the first person you meet as you walk in the door on reception. – less