Confidential, Confidential, Confidential, United States
$80,000.00 - $100,000.00 (Yearly Salary)
Executive Chef is responsible for successful culinary operations of Resorts. They will provide expertise in demonstration cooking, menu writing and development and an understanding of HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) standards. The Executive Chef assists the Director of Culinary and Food & Beverage Directors to drive people, programs, and systems to improve overall dining quality scores, food cost management, purchasing compliance, culinary succession training, and food safety throughout Resorts.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: B.S. Degree in Food Services Technology or Management Preferred or A.A. Degree in Culinary Arts required.
LICENSE/PERMITS REQUIRED: State or Local Law may require a certificate upon completion of state-certified proper food handling certification. ServSafe® certification is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE OF COMPUTER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE: Proficient computer skills should include; various computer programs, Micros system, e-mail and the Internet. Operating knowledge of food management systems is helpful.
Kitchen equipment to be operated, but not limited to are: Flat grill, Pasta well, Steam table, Browning oven, Cheese chopper/grater, Steam jacket, Ovens, Top Burners, Pizza and Dessert Cooler, Slicer, Broiler, Steamer, and Knives.
Executive Chef Job Expectations continued:
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 5 + years experience in a high-volume/fine dining/Banquet production kitchen.
- 3+ years of culinary management experience in food service, fine dining, or restaurant with inventory and purchasing knowledge and control is needed.
Prior experience with P&L accountability and/or managed food service experience with a proven ability to successfully control food costs control food costs
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure brand quality and consistency and adherence to standards.
- Assist Food & Beverage Directors in being liaison to maintain quality product, maximize product usage, optimize food cost, and maximize revenues.
- Assist the marketing and F&B teams in strategic planning in development of food and beverage programs for banquets, sales, catering, convention services, retail, and restaurant environments.
- Assist senior F&B management on menu development and product assessments.
- Provide, develop, and deliver training to improve leadership and organizational skills of Kalahari culinary staff that touch the food and labor costs.
- Primary focus on development, implementation, and management of culinary training, chef certifications, food and safety training, and other standardized technical and operational training.
- Assist with culinary hiring and also focus on developing a pipeline of bench talent.
- Meet with key customers to identify unique needs/requirements when requested.
- Supervise the preparation, plating and delivery of food in the restaurant outlets and banquet kitchens.
- Work with Food and Beverage Directors to implement kitchen product safety parameters, such as HACCP, serve safe and product risk assessment procedures.
- Assist with brand sales effort through client, guest interaction, presentations and menu/concept development.
Executive Chef Job Expectations continued:
- Adhere to HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) guidelines to ensure efficient, safe and sanitary food production, preparation and presentation.
- Monitor Culinary management team to ensure Resort menu development, inventory, ordering/purchasing, food cost controls, training, sanitation, and personnel management to include hiring, counseling, coaching and developing.
- Continually monitor business flow.
- Handle guest complaints or disputes which associates are not able to settle.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service at all times.
- Ensure that all food and beverage products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurants’, outlets’, and banquet facility recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the culinary preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure that culinary policies on associate performance appraisals are followed and completed in a timely basis.
- Monitor scheduled labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met per management decisions.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the kitchen areas, associates and guests.
- Maintain paperwork for attendance records, payroll adjustments, payroll, monthly and yearly budgets, and Human Resource reporting requirements.
- Monitor par and inventory levels for business, guest, and resort specifications.
- Conduct and participate in training classes, Daily Promise shift meetings, orientation meetings, BEO meetings, F&B meetings, and Manager Meetings.
- Keep an open line of communication with all departments and keep them posted on what is happening in the department.
- Provide advice and suggestions to Food and Beverage Directors and Director of Culinary when needed.
We are pleased to have the opportunity to make you aware of our services and established a working relationship of mutual benefit. Du Val...