Duane Reade Employee Reviews for Stocking Associate

interesting
Stockroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2017
it was ok for my first real job didn't mind working overnight it was fun the customers was funny at and also seen a a lot of famous people that was the best part of the job
stock
Stock Clerk/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2017
bad hours and the managers were rude, everyone complained about everything and it was unorganized showed very high favoritism and schedules were always done by employees which caused chaos and conflict.
Pros
good money
Cons
bad shedules
Nice place to meet all kinds of people
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 10, 2017
Unloaded trucks on mon,wed,&fri. Learned how to work cash register & pricing gun. The people I worked with were fun & different backgrounds when cleaning customers would still walk on the wet floor with signs down.
Great experience with customers and coworkers.
Sales/Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10001August 6, 2017
The amazing coworkers and customers I have been lucky enough to work with during my employment have made it an incredible experience that has allowed me to interact with many people from different places and cultures.
not a fun place to work; bascially that's it; you work all day, everyday
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Astoria, NYJune 21, 2017
be prepared to stay on your feet most of the day. "the customer is always right" is the motto. you're always working doing something. your break time is not long enough and it can be exhausting.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
short breaks, exhausting, low pay
If your're looking for a temporary job, look no further
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  609 Columbus Ave, New York, NY 10024June 9, 2017
A typical day at work can range from easy to alright to frustrating. Depends on the management that day. Easy if all tasks are completed early. Alright if regular-paced, and frustrating if your manager is bad at managing time. I did the overnight shift (which gets the short of the stick out of the 3 shifts) and we would rush to finish tasks by 7 AM. If we didn't finish it, we left it. The store manager would then have a problem and address it with whoever's fault it was. Out of a 5 day work week, 1 day would be easy, 2 days alright, and 2 frustrating. Around holidays more like 1 day alright and 3-4 frustrating days. There's nothing hard about the job, I guess keeping count of inventory and organizing the stock room is. Oh, and be friends with your co workers and management, it helps you keep your job and seniority.
Pros
Little to no customers, conversations
Cons
A sporadic scheduling, bad co workers
Great Experience
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Masbeth, NYJune 4, 2017
My time with Duane Reade was memorable. I learned a lot about the company and my co-workers. I would love to have a job similar to it and same job title (Stock Assoicate).
Pros
Great Beneifits
Cons
location was closed down.
Great starter job
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 20, 2017
interacting with customers on a daily basis and making sure to give great customer service. I learned how work hard and communication skills not just between customers but also between my employees. Management is great and expect the best out of their employees. The hardest part of the job is when the store is understaffed and a lot of work has to be done. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing work, such as packing out and giving customer service.
productive
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2017
Not really the best workplace if you want to grow. A typical day for me there is restocking shelves and making sure people didnt steal. Also not very safe in the environment im in
Pros
n/a
Cons
no safety
rude manager
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2017
stressful work environment the customers care more about your wellbeing than management if your sick get ready to come in no matter what no excuses..
Pros
assistant manager will be helpful
Cons
store manager is very rude
Good store
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2017
I had fun stocking shevels pricing items doing register commuicating with customers i had good hours and an good pay but i moved so i had to leave upstate
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 23, 2017
This job I got to work with reliable people who was always willing to show you the ropes no matter how busy it got, As a team it was never a dull moment.
Great environment/ Customer service
Stock Clerk/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 30, 2016
The co-workers we're very friendly and willing to teach me everything i needed to know. The customers make it worth coming to work.
Pros
extra 15+ are given for break
Cons
no security
stock clerks
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 15, 2016
cashier handle all money transactions, place price tags and items and shelves, clean and dust items ensure that any excess materials are placed in storage rooms handle stock inventory and make sure that is accurate by rechecking it
Pros
paid for
Cons
short breaks
Could be better.
Stock/Sales Associate/Cashier Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2016
I enjoyed working at Duane Reade, but most of the times coworkers are so busy in their own lives that they forget they're at work. Management was never dependable on. Hardest part of that job was ignorant drunk customers, and lack of working coworkers. But most enjoyable part was that I got to know some great customers.
Pros
Get to meet and help people every day.
Cons
Coworkers lack of enthusiasm to work, and managers let it go.
Productive workplace with room for advancement in the compant
Stock Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 3, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of me doing most of the stock work (packing shelves,coolers,moving merchandise from upstairs to downstairs, doing deliveries,garbage, mopping, monitoring expired products, updating inventory numbers, preventing shrinkage) However, the main concern was the check out line. Peak hours in my work shift were 4pm to 6pm and 9pm to 11pm. The management staff were very demanding but reasonable. My main manager was a renowned leader in the company winning many awards. Along with the assisstant manager, they trained me in order to become a supervisor.
Fast paced and productive with break room
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2016
A typical night at work was busy and fast paced. I learned that there are many different methods to use to help you stock at a fast pace. My management team always helped out on the isles that had the most merchandise. My fellow co workers were very outgoing and team players when it came to getting the job done. The hardest part of the job was trying to get everything stocked before the store opened to the public. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in Manhattan and learning about the different products an store can carry.
Pros
Free Lunch, Long breaks
Cons
hours, benefits
A Good Job Experience
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 25, 2016
Duane Reade is a good first time job to have since its sells almost everything. you get to learn about retail, makeup, different foods,u learn about the business itself as a whole. You get experience with the cashier and how to stock and load merchandise.
An ok job but not enough to live.
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wall Street, NYMarch 16, 2016
Didn't like the job. The pay was garbage but you may get good hours depending on the location. Lunches were short. Bad management and low morale of staff in general.
Pros
None to speak of really. Maybe the hours to make up for the pay.
Cons
overall job. management. pay. etc.
Busy and Effiecient
Sales Associate, Stock Personnel, General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 29, 2016
working at Duane Reade was the beginning of my many experiences with customers. Learning how to deal with all types of customers. From friendly and calm, to angered and rude. Throughout my time working there I've learned the value of every customer, and that everyone needs to be handled and treated with dignity regardless of their mood.