Duane Reade Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2015
lots of tourists stop by
i leard to work with a team
my co-workers were hard working
hardest part was lifting boxes
the most enjoyable part was seeing tourists and being exposed to diversity
a good job
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2015
this job is pretty slow i like to work in a little more fast pace. the typical work day consisted of off loading trucks and stocking shelves. the really no hard part of this job just find where the items go after yu offloaded the truck.
Pros
helps with being organize and time mangament
about duane read
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2015
a typical day at duane read .. i'll come in greet my co- workers go down stairs change clock in open up a register . if theres a truck unload the truck level aisles keep everything clean and order anything that we ran out of. Hardest part ould have to be unloading the truck
Pros
good breaks, diversity, good environment
Cons
pay rate, never enough people on a schedule
productive
sales/stock (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 9, 2015
well it depends what location your at i got bossed arround and i always got grab for putting something in the wrong place other then that i just make sure you have to obey every oder or they thing your not listen etc
Pros
cant say
Cons
cant say
productive work place
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 4, 2015
cashier duties
answered phone calls
answered questions about medication if needed
stocking shelves
managers were very flexible with their time and answered any questions as needed
Duane Reade is a good company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2015
I like working at Duane Reade as a young man being able to work close to soho was a cool experience it's self. The work is easy the managers are pretty cool you work at a steady pace they don't rush you i've always had a good time with my co workers.
Pros
It can be a fun place to work
Cons
They don't pay much
great technical support and easy computer system
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Stony Brook, NYNovember 1, 2015
Duane Reade is a great place to work at as a pharmacy technician. The pharmacy computer system is fast and easy to work with. Every day is very busy and we fill a high number of prescriptions. Being able to multi task is a must. Patience and politeness is necessary when helping individual patients during busy hours. Managers help accommodate high volumes of customers. I've learned how to work under pressure while not making any mistakes.
very nice store to shop
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2015
love this store , its a very nice place to shop . The customers always left happy . . they had a very good time shopping and the workers are friendly I loved working there . . . best job I had , I made friends and I learned sooooooooo much working there . . I really miss that job but as time goes on I enjoy the new things that I have done after working there . . .
Pros
sales prices are the best
Cons
sometimes the prices can be a lil high
Cashier/Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Maspeth, NYOctober 27, 2015
Retail can be a challenging enviornment, but in Duane Reade I always felt like part of the family. We helped patients to feel better and I enjoyed that personable expierence. I enjoyed knowing the customers names when they called or walked in. It made them feel important and they were because they were trusting us with their medications.
Pros
Customers
Cons
No breaks
Fun, fast paced, and great customers.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2015
Working for Duane Reade was an big learning experience for me. I learned how to be a team leader, enhanced my multitasking skills, and I learned to provide exceptional customer service.
Good working enviroment
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 15, 2015
I learned how to interact with co workers and potential clients and how to time manage my day efficiently. Able to delegate tasks which helped to get the job done.
customer care
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 15, 2015
working with diffrent people and helping people find the items they need and want to make ther shopping experince better every time they come into the store.
Productive, fun and friendy
Teacher's assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2015
I joined the Summer Youth Employment Program and chose to work in a daycare close to my home. It turned out to be a wonderful experience. I had a class of 7 ranging from the ages of 1 - 3 and had a blast teaching them. I also cleaned my work area, the children's plates, and faces after eating.
consistent work enviroment
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  new york new yorkOctober 11, 2015
Since working at Duane Reade i've learned skills that have help my work experience along the way. Such as learning how to muti task in a fast pace enviroment. Also with understanding and asisting with customer needs.
Pros
consistent work
Over worked and underpayed
Cashier/ Photo Tech/ Stock (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2015
The job only pays min wage. Managers aren't trained properly. There is a high turn over rate. There is a union but it's not so useful.
Life at duane reade
Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2015
i come in clock in , change my clothes to my uniform
i come to the front check out and count my register to make sure its not short before i get on .i answer the phones assist customer and sometimes i pack out (stock)

i love my manager and i love my co wokrers best part of my job iss meeting new people everyday

hardest part is not being able to finish a task by a certain time becuase my store is always so busy

ive learner to be more of a leader and take charge which is why my managers and helping me now to move up and become a manager
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 6, 2015
Co-workers were great, very easy place to work. The best part was that it gave you great experience because you did everything cashier, stock, and customer service; which made it easy to get other jobs after words.
review
Overnight Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2015
The work that must be performed is very simple but it does require alot of physical strength the atmosphere is enjoyable and the management staff are understanding when it comes to certain things
Pros
job seciruty
Cons
not good for advancement, no pay raise when promoted
I love my Job
Shift leader (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 29, 2015
From the minute I enter work.. I will then begin to greet Team members, if I am not greeted already. I then begin to prepare my self so my sift can go smoothly. I check how many team members I have on my shift, then I will plan a task out so that everything gets done within the time we have to complete it. I then count my safe and my draws to make sure everything will be balanced out at the end of the night. The hardest part about this job is you get pulled in many directions. For example, I would be counting out a draw and someone would need assistance in finding an item. One my way on helping this customer I will then be assisting another customer . Sometimes it may not be customers it can also be a vendor that came in and needs to be taken in by our system . The best part of my job is meeting new people, greeting them with a smile, engaging in conversation. These things help my days go by faster. Its the employees who makes the best out of a situation. These little things keeps me motivated and moving at work. My Team members are hard working individuals. All they need to know is what needs to get done and the time frame. I may give them task to complete but I know at the end of the day I can rely on them. They are friendly and kind at heart. Being in Management has showed me to not treat anyone like they are below you but the show them they are one with you. It takes a team to get something done. without a team it will all fall apart. I also learned that everyone is different they require certain attention and certain guidance.
Pros
Coworkers, Customers, Management
Cons
Pay Rate
Cashier
Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2015
Good environment .
Greet costumers.
Make sure costumers are
satisfied with the service. Learned how to end the day on the cashier . Co-workers are great, when it comes to working as a team the job gets done on time.