Duane Reade

Duane Reade Employee Reviews

Great Place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 4, 2015
Duane Reade is great place to grow as a manager and learn about the pharmacy business. Now that Walgreen took over you see a lot of changes in the company
Productive day, Just retail
Cashier Clerk/Pharmacist Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 3, 2015
Pros: you get to meet new customers
Cons: 30 minute break, stand up all day
It is a great way to get started in your job experience. It is like any retail job that you will meet a lot of people that like to shop in Duane Reade. But is an minimum job that you will live pay check to pay check.
productive slow paced enviornment
Photo Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 1, 2015
The guest were really kind. Management was ok. The best thing about working there was editing the photographs. Also the supervisor Zilkanya was sweet.
Not really a good place to work
Cashier/Drug Clerk (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 27, 2015
Always short staffed in a busy location.
Personal/sick/vacation are given but cant take it when we want its whenever the manger wants you to take it.
Fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYMay 27, 2015
Pros: Benefits for employees
• Assisted customers in locating merchandise
• Handled cash, credit and gift card transactions
• Refunded customers for returned items
• Stocked and replaced new, returned and expired items
If you have cool co-workers, you just might make it...
Floor Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 17, 2015
Pros: I guess a paycheck is a paycheck
Cons: Low pay, Horrible management
I was working at the flagship store making minimum wage. Most of the managers didn't talk to you and corporate was down there all the time talking about how much money we weren't making. Do you know how it feels to work in a multi million dollar building but make less than $8/hr?
productive
Cashier (Former Employee), Astoria, NYMay 16, 2015
good working environment but the constant standing and co workers not doing much of their job is not good because no one should be stuck doing all the work
retail
Cashier (Former Employee), flushing nyMay 7, 2015
Standing at the register for long periods
Restocking inventory, cleaning the floors, vacuum the rugs, clean the bathrooms, take out the garbage
NICE STORE
CHASHIER - FROND END (Current Employee), White Plains, NYMay 7, 2015
Pros: GOOD PLAN HEALTHCARE.
Cons: SHORT BREAKS AND LUNCH TIME
I LEARNED ABOUTH THE JOB IN DEPARMENT STORE LIKE DUANE READE.I HAD NICE CO WORKERS AND BOSES.GOOD PLACE CLEANING ALL THE TIME. GOODS BENEFICES.
Diversed and equal opportunity employer
Stock Person/Retail (Former Employee), New yorkMay 4, 2015
Pros: Fast Advancement Opportunities for Growth
Cons: Poor Communication amongst managers of the district
I had a great time working for the company started out as a stock person and moved up pretty fast. Was recognized for receiving the most red nose donations in my district and store and for sale planning in 2013
Productive and eventful environment
Cashier/Stock/Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 28, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: minimal hours and pay
A typical day at work would consist of checking inventory, packing items on shelves, and mostly dealing with customers on the sales floor or at the register. Learned to quickly manage my time in a efficient manor. At the location where I was employed at, the coworkers were on the slower pace. The most difficult part of the job were not the customers but having to deal with my coworkers inability to complete their tasks. Most enjoyable part would have to be dealing with the customers and getting to know old and new customers.
Always Exciting Working at Duane Reade
Cashier / Stock (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 28, 2015
Pros: Comfortable and safe work enviorment
Cons: Short lunch breaks
Working here is a great comfortable experience. Working with them taught me how to work as a team , use the cashier, and effectively help customers with their needs. Management is awesome, they only try to bring the best out of you.
Ability for advancement.
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 27, 2015
Quick pace environment that allows me to remain active through the day. Over the years I have learned to multitask as well provide great customer service in the process.
Flexible for a college student.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Queens, NYApril 16, 2015
Typically when I came in Id get dress and straight to separating totes to the correct aisle, then go to my assigned aisle and stock what goes out. Then I fix the mess the customers leave behind, take out garbages later. I learned the technique to how to stock. My co workers were very relaxing and cool. My management team was horrible to deal with they were very angry with everything and over work the staff over nothing. The hardest part about this job is staying awake because it is overnight and it tends to get tiring. I enjoyed the staff the most in this field, because it seems as they are family.
It was an Okay job, just somewhere to start and gain experience
Cashier/Stock (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 15, 2015
learned how to work well with customers, and this job gave me experience to have when i get future jobs. work well as a team and i learned a lot from everyone.
Productive work environment with amazing co workers.
Clerk Cashier / Stock (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 15, 2015
Pros: Amazing Happy People.
Cons: No Cons
Fast past yet focus on getting the job done correctly in a timely manner, and working as a team is always best cause we are a team in the workplace. From managers to supervisors, My co-workers were amazing and always willing the lend a helping hand to someone of need. The hardest part was trying not to finish my assignment too fast. Now "the most enjoyable part of the job" is pleasing the costumers and will always be the most enjoyably part of the job once their happy i'm happy, we're all happy.
Disorganized and Poor Management
Shift Leader (Current Employee), new york, nyApril 15, 2015
Pros: employees
Cons: no breaks, no communication, poor work ethics
a stressful day
i learn to have patience
poor communication between management
some are reasonable to work with
having to organize after the morning and evening crew did nothing
i enjoy working with my employees because they are positive
Great start to learning the ins and outs of Loss Prevention work
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 11, 2015
A typical day included surveillance of store using CCTV. I learned how to install CCTV in several different stores and monitor their use. I also helped in the training of newly hired loss prevention candidates. I worked with management to detail where they felt their store needed improvement as far as shrink goals and what areas where being affected. I also participated in yearly store inventory. The hardest part of my job was attending to stores that were not properly situated with strategically placed camera systems as well as stores that did not have a logistic loss prevention criteria in place. I enjoyed the day to day and learning aspect of this job. This was my first loss prevention job and it helped in my development to where I am at the moment in my loss prevention career. I view loss prevention and its many fields of growth as a career.
Stock Associate (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 11, 2015
I have no words for this company. My experience wasn't great but it wasn't bad either and I am grateful for the opportunity. I wish everybody the very best when applying at Duane Reade/Walgreens.
great place.
Drug Clerk (Former Employee), new york, nyApril 10, 2015
Pros: promotions hours fun place
Cons: short breaks minimum wage
great place great people great hours hardest part are slow days with less customers enjoyable is the people and management

About Duane Reade

Duane Reade -- the Big Apple of drugstores -- has been swallowed by a big fish: Walgreen. Named after the two streets where its – Read more

Duane Reade Salaries