Duane Reade

Duane Reade Employer Reviews

Exiting and fun.
Stock Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 11, 2014
This job gave me a different outlook on fast paced fast food. Need to give more hours to employees.
LOVED IT!!!!!!
Front End Clerk (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
LOVED IT SOO MUCH. I WOULD LOVE TO GO BACK.TO BAD I GOT FIRED AND IM AN EMT NOW
Family, Family, Family – We work hard together as a team and we play hard. Everyone should have fun during their work day!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), 619 9th AvenueSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: family oriented environment
Cons: n/a
handling general complaints
last minute schedule changes
inventory
delegating tasks to employees
recruiting and interviewing
Great Job
Cashier (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYAugust 28, 2014
Have some good perks usually pack talking about thousands of people everyday
Distributing drugs to patients
Drug clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 24, 2014
Clock in and start processing medication that needed to be filled.
I learned how careful you must be when dealing with medication.
Management was terrible never owned up to their mistakes.The hardest part of the job was having to turn away patients because pharmacist said so.
The most enjoyable part of the job was actually working in the pharmacy it – more... was something new and exciting. – less
Employed at Duane Reade
Cashier/ Stock Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 17, 2014
I Worked overnight shifts from 11pm to 7am it was a very fast pace environment with stocking merchandise on the shelves to helping customers purchase their products at the register. The store gets over crowded certain days. each co worker has the own area to work by them selves. Working at duane reade was a good experience by doing two or three task – more... in a high volume environment. Duane Reade was a very busy place to work it kept going and the work pace never stopped. – less
Pharmacy
Service Clerk (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYAugust 17, 2014
Pros: i was able to learn alot into possibly becoming a manager.
Cons: promotion took longer than what management has promise, management does not provide employees with the latest work news and their status with the company.
Work shift begins at 3pm. After putting on my uniform I walk to management office and ask them for my tasks of the day. Task can include stock, price changes, cleaning bail room/basement, and providing extraordinary customer care (ECC). Working at Duane Reade allowed me to interact with customers on the daily basis. Co-Workers enjoy working with each – more... other. Management do well on completing task but distance themselves from employees. The hardest part of job is cleaning bail room as it puts the most stress of all the task on your body. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers as you stock the aisles. – less
productive place to work in
Sales Clerk (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 15, 2014
Pros: pleasant clients
Cons: short brakes
A fast place environment, meet and greet costumers, provide outstanding service, make sure the needs of the client is met.
The hardest part of the job is sometimes carrying heavy loads of totes, co workers are kind and humble and help you when your in need of help.
Sales Clerk/Cashier
Customer Service
Customer Care
Helped In Pharmacy
Inventory
Great enviornment, customer oriented workplace.
Stock Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 13, 2014
Great job overall. Management was a bit sketchy. Promotions are rare.
COSMETIC SPECIALIST (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 13, 2014
Helped customers with make up tips. Made sure the customers were satisfied with their consultation.
positive striving job envirnoment
Operational Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 12, 2014
good opportunity, great training, hands on communication with upper management
A comfortable and productive environment.
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYAugust 7, 2014
Pros: excellent customer service, lengthy breaks, friendly interaction.
Cons: low pay, unstable schedule, and pay is via every two weeks.
Working at duane reade was a gratifying experience, it allowed me to showcase how I conduct myself when providing customer service. The employees as well as the managers I worked with were friendly as well. Whenever I had a question to ask or a particular task I had little experience in, they were happy to obliged in providing me with the intructions – more... and showing me how a task should be done. What I enjoyed most about the job was the cashier position, I was able to interact with a multitude of personalities, and they to provided me with great intell regarding the company as well as the job positions.
It was also with this job I was able to meet a nice young lady that was smart, sophisticated, and beautiful. The hardest part about this job was stocking the items in each row, that match with the barcodes, that was very frustrating. – less
Close To Home
Child Care Worker (Current Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 6, 2014
Pros: working close to home and with good friends
Cons: this was also a temporary position.
I liked working at this location in the Bronx..I was working with my best friend and she was also my supervisor. This was a small location so we were very familiar with the customers.. I also lived in the area so I saw a lot of familiar faces.. The job itself was cool. I helped with inventory I was also the front end cashier..
Stay away from Duane Reade
Shift Leader (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 1, 2014
Pros: building contacts in the best financial district of the us and interacting with hot women all day
Cons: cut throat and hostile environment, asking questions is like insubordination, damned if you do and damned if you don't.
First of all upper management goes out of there way by using fear and intimidation to undermine any leadership initiates on behalf of lower management.

Senior managers treats their own employees ( ASM, SL) like stupid robots that can and will be replaced, and they will set you up for failure to be booted super quick if your a maverick employee threatening – more... complacency with your high performance standards.

I was promoted from stock guy to shift leader at 40 wall street ( a flagship store ) and I know from experience that is more hypocrisy and duplicitous behavior going on than most overachievers will put up with.

Desperate and just need a job, well don't take my word for it, go find out for yourself, if you dare... I'm getting out of there ASAP!!

There are small pockets of excellent people working there and they are definitely keeping that company alive but good luck finding them. – less
how to deal with customers
Cashier (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJJuly 31, 2014
i get to meet new people and personalities everyday.i like working here everybody is nice only thing is they do not pay the way they suppose to
A typical day at Duane Reade
General Clerk (Current Employee), 42-28 Main Street Flushing, NYJuly 31, 2014
Pros: somewhat of a flexible schedule, paid vacation every 6 months
Cons: short breaks, low compensation
A typical day would be to come in and work at the cash register and satisfy the needs of the customer. Lots of stocking, moving, and carrying items from one place to another. The weekends usually consists of sale signs, and fixing the shelves and items before the store is closed.
productive
Stock/Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 29, 2014
Pros: greet leanring place
Cons: short handed on our over night crew
very nice people to work with loved the company seen many areas i could grow in
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jersey City,NJJuly 28, 2014
Overall good workplace, hours vary. No overtime, very busy environment
This company has good potential in growth
Shift Leader (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 28, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Working at this company teaches me more about daily living to let people live and stay and be well in health along with living situatuons

About Duane Reade

Duane Reade -- the Big Apple of drugstores -- has been swallowed by a big fish: Walgreen. Named after the two streets where its – Read more