Duane Reade Employee Reviews

Diversed and equal opportunity employer
Stock Person/Retail (Former Employee), New yorkMay 4, 2015
Pros: Fast Advancement Opportunities for Growth
Cons: Poor Communication amongst managers of the district
I had a great time working for the company started out as a stock person and moved up pretty fast. Was recognized for receiving the most red nose donations in my district and store and for sale planning in 2013
Productive and eventful environment
Cashier/Stock/Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 28, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: minimal hours and pay
A typical day at work would consist of checking inventory, packing items on shelves, and mostly dealing with customers on the sales floor or at the register. Learned to quickly manage my time in a efficient – more... manor. At the location where I was employed at, the coworkers were on the slower pace. The most difficult part of the job were not the customers but having to deal with my coworkers inability to complete their tasks. Most enjoyable part would have to be dealing with the customers and getting to know old and new customers. – less
Always Exciting Working at Duane Reade
Cashier / Stock (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 28, 2015
Pros: Comfortable and safe work enviorment
Cons: Short lunch breaks
Working here is a great comfortable experience. Working with them taught me how to work as a team , use the cashier, and effectively help customers with their needs. Management is awesome, they only try to bring the best out of you.
Ability for advancement.
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 27, 2015
Quick pace environment that allows me to remain active through the day. Over the years I have learned to multitask as well provide great customer service in the process.
Flexible for a college student.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Queens, NYApril 16, 2015
Typically when I came in Id get dress and straight to separating totes to the correct aisle, then go to my assigned aisle and stock what goes out. Then I fix the mess the customers leave behind, take out – more... garbages later. I learned the technique to how to stock. My co workers were very relaxing and cool. My management team was horrible to deal with they were very angry with everything and over work the staff over nothing. The hardest part about this job is staying awake because it is overnight and it tends to get tiring. I enjoyed the staff the most in this field, because it seems as they are family. – less
It was an Okay job, just somewhere to start and gain experience
Cashier/Stock (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 15, 2015
learned how to work well with customers, and this job gave me experience to have when i get future jobs. work well as a team and i learned a lot from everyone.
Productive work environment with amazing co workers.
Clerk Cashier / Stock (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 15, 2015
Pros: Amazing Happy People.
Cons: No Cons
Fast past yet focus on getting the job done correctly in a timely manner, and working as a team is always best cause we are a team in the workplace. From managers to supervisors, My co-workers were amazing – more... and always willing the lend a helping hand to someone of need. The hardest part was trying not to finish my assignment too fast. Now "the most enjoyable part of the job" is pleasing the costumers and will always be the most enjoyably part of the job once their happy i'm happy, we're all happy. – less
Disorganized and Poor Management
Shift Leader (Current Employee), new york, nyApril 15, 2015
Pros: employees
Cons: no breaks, no communication, poor work ethics
a stressful day
i learn to have patience
poor communication between management
some are reasonable to work with
having to organize after the morning and evening crew did nothing
i enjoy working with my employees because they are positive
Great start to learning the ins and outs of Loss Prevention work
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 11, 2015
A typical day included surveillance of store using CCTV. I learned how to install CCTV in several different stores and monitor their use. I also helped in the training of newly hired loss prevention candidates. – more... I worked with management to detail where they felt their store needed improvement as far as shrink goals and what areas where being affected. I also participated in yearly store inventory. The hardest part of my job was attending to stores that were not properly situated with strategically placed camera systems as well as stores that did not have a logistic loss prevention criteria in place. I enjoyed the day to day and learning aspect of this job. This was my first loss prevention job and it helped in my development to where I am at the moment in my loss prevention career. I view loss prevention and its many fields of growth as a career. – less
Stock Associate (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 11, 2015
I have no words for this company. My experience wasn't great but it wasn't bad either and I am grateful for the opportunity. I wish everybody the very best when applying at Duane Reade/Walgreens.
great place.
Drug Clerk (Former Employee), new york, nyApril 10, 2015
Pros: promotions hours fun place
Cons: short breaks minimum wage
great place great people great hours hardest part are slow days with less customers enjoyable is the people and management
Work by managing a busy store as a staff pharmacist.
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 4, 2015
Cons: no breaks
Typical day at work is a busy work day with supervision of staff and great multitasking skills to help deliver great service while working promptly and accurately. I have learned how to manage my team while being a team player, have to help employees out and they have to help you. The hardest part of the job is to be able to handle the work load with out having enough help.
good Job
Sales/Stocks (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 4, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
• Cashier/Handled over $1500.00 cash, credit and debit
• Customer service/provided helpful information on products ranging from photo to medicine
• Sales Advertisement/Displaying and distributing of cosmetics, Vitamin's and households cabinetry's
Productive and Exciting Place to Work
General Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 31, 2015
A typical work day in Duane Reade for a general clerk consisted of register duties. Currency handling, stocking products for customer consumption, answering phone calls in regards to items or concerns, – more... planogram fixtures, and store maintenance. Customer service was a big part of the job.

With this being my first job, I learned a lot about customer service. How to efficiently work a register, stock products, read a planogram diagram and interact with the everyday buying public.

There were no hard parts to working at Duane Reade, all in how you handle your work environment. The most enjoyable part was aiding customers in their needs and my co-worker team. – less
POSITIVE WORKPLACE
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 30, 2015
GOOD WORK ENVIRONMENT
POSITIVE PEOPLE
ENJOYED WORKING HERE
MANAGERS WERE VERY NICE AND PROFESSIONAL
ENJOYED THE INTERACTION WITH THE PUBLIC
PLEASANT COWORKERS
good for people who are in school
Cashier (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYMarch 25, 2015
duane reade is a great job for individuals who are in school the schedules are flexible and the managers work with you how ever it is not a career choice. its great for the moment but you do not want to be there for long.
Boring
Shift Leader (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 25, 2015
a typical day at work was to manage 5-6 employees a day and give them task to do, while i also did projects and do money drops
Productive but not as comfortable
Cashier/ Stock (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 14, 2015
Pros: no micro management
Cons: the night dragged
Wasn't the greatest but it work out while I went to school. There were many night I found my dragging to get through the night
Nice environment
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 10, 2015
Working here was fast paced especially during rush hour. I never imagined people wanting soup in the summer but I definitely learned I was wrong about that. Management was great at first until it came time to prove a point.
Productive and customer friendly atmosphere
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 3, 2015
Pros: good culture, friendly and interactive atmosphere
Cons: short of staff, aggressive customers, low salary rate
A typical day at work would be one of greeting every customers using the company's branded salutations. My experience in customer service have been a great success in the past couple of months as I have – more... been complimented by both my managers and customers for doing a great job. I have learned how to manage cash effectively and also how to make transactions regardless of the method of payment effectively and efficiently. The hardest part of my job is satisfying a difficult and angry customer. I love what i do because a may be the one that can make someone day, put a smile on their face and to just make a difference in their day no matter how little of an influence it may be. – less