Duane Reade

Duane Reade United States Employee Reviews

enjoyable and very fun to work
Stock/cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 23, 2014
Pros: 10 ins breaks
Cons: short lunch breaks
i get to work do some cashier work until the truck get there then we unpack the truck take every thing inside then take what belongs to you for your iles and start packing out. stock all sleves and keep the area clean
Great Experience, the island it is on brings fascinating customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 20, 2014
•A typical day at work involves servicing customer needs and helping be and stay well, organizing and stocking merchandise, handling money, and completing planogram resets

•I have learned how to maintain good customer assistance while multitasking, how to communicate efficiently and effectively, and also why merchandises are stocked they way they are.

•Management makes sure all employees feel comfortable and safe on the job.

•My co-workers help to keep the job interesting and pleasurable and FUN

•The hardest part of the job is making sure all the customer needs are satisfied the best way possible.

•The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing and interacting with new people
Long work hours, little pay
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 10, 2014
hardly got to see my family. The hardest thing about working for ths company is that, corporate doesn't care of your well-being. They're only concern about the customers and the money they bring in at the end of the day.
Very good work environment
Stock Worker/Sales (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 9, 2014
I loved to work in there very much i got time to work both by myself in my own space but also with others as well when needed. I've learned a lot on how to deal with people as far as customer service at this job also.
Great company to work for
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Irvington, NJDecember 5, 2014
This is a great company to work for. This company has many challenging positions available which will aid in building experience. Management is professional and friendly. The benefits and compensation is also good.
productive
General Clerk (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYDecember 5, 2014
Pros: worked with a great team.
Cons: short breaks, bi-weekly, you can't take vacation during blackout periods
My day at this job is being on your feet. its a fast pace environment but that's good because it keeps you aware of your surrounding. I always look for extra work to do, if its packing out tots, putting up new seasonal merchandising, facing products,or just restocking the shelves and of course assisting customers with any needs.My co- workers are good some better than most.Most of us work as a team to get the work done and completed.
Difficult company to work for
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 30, 2014
Lack of compensation makes the employees wonder if doing all the tasks designated by management team worth it . Horrible time management skills from the staff , wouldn't recommend working for this company .
there are pro and cons but as a team we get the job done and its always lovely seeing regular shoppers and always seeing a smile on there faces
Sales Clerk (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 21, 2014

My co- workers are good some better than most. Most of us work as a team to get the work done and completed.
productive and fun work experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Bronx, NYNovember 12, 2014
• Designed and constructed sale displays
• Answered and resolved customers questions and concerns
• Operated cash register and handled all sale transactions
• Balanced till at the end of each shift
• Assisted with inventory and restocked shelves
Great room for advancement within company
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Queens, NYNovember 10, 2014
Pros: free clothes under seasonal allowance
Was a great oppurtunity in retail to experience. Good merchandise and leniant supervisors as well as corporate incentives for achieving daily goals
they set great standards
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 9, 2014
Typical day at work was nice and calm.Co-worker was hard working and made me to be a even better employeee
It was a great company right up until it was purchased by Walgreens.
Accounting Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 5, 2014
Pros: worked with a great team.
Cons: the team was broken up when the company was aquired.
I worked with a very strong team of financial professionals. Everyone worked together to achieve a common goal. The hardest part of the job was the pressure to meet reporting deadlines. The CFO required perfection in the financial reports. It was not uncommon for him to make changes minutes before the deadline. This required us to develop procedures to handle these issues. It turns out the hardest part of the job was also the best part of the job. The pride derived from successfully achieving a difficult task is priceless.
Highest grossing store in the district
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJNovember 4, 2014
This location is by far one of the busiest in the entire district. Conveniently situated close to public transit, hordes of customers would walk in and out throughout the day. To operate a store with this many customers takes an amazing team that works relentlessly behind the scenes to ensure the daily operations of the store up to par.
Worst retail store to work at!!!
Cashier (Former Employee), Harlem, NYNovember 2, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: short breaks, bi-weekly, you can't take vacation during blackout periods
The worst retail job I ever worked at.. The customers are rude and tough. Duane Reade doesn't protect their employees. They don't care about their employees. Listen, I don't you work in this place. Is the worst place.. Trust me. Once you're in.. You'll see and the discounts sucks... Overwork, less pay
Enjoyable Enviorment to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee), new york nyOctober 31, 2014
learned to handle tough customers, achieved great customer service skills
Fast paced
District Operations Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 31, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: environment lacks engagement top to bottom
High energy, intensity.
Great peers.
NYC environment can be great.
The management needs work
cashier (Former Employee), 2 penn plazaOctober 29, 2014
I would work the register, service the customers. Management is really bad their not professional, my co-workers were okay to work with. The hardest part is patience with the customers. Most enjoyable part was the benfits
Providing Great Customer Service
Stock/Service Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 26, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: bi-weekly paid
Providing great customer service, packing out items onto shelves keeping a tidy workplace area. Making sure items is face in each aisle in the store before the end of the night. Making sure coolers and paper tissues is completely packed out when I get to work and at the end of the night.
company
Store Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 23, 2014
OK company but doesn't pay staff a livable amount bad discounts also
supervised a great department
Transportation Manager/Acting Operations Manager (Former Employee), Maspeth, NYOctober 22, 2014
Created a department that consistently exceeded expectations.

About Duane Reade

Duane Reade -- the Big Apple of drugstores -- has been swallowed by a big fish: Walgreen. Named after the two streets where its – Read more

Duane Reade Salaries