Duane Reade

Duane Reade Employee Reviews

great place.
Drug Clerk (Former Employee), new york, nyApril 10, 2015
Pros: promotions hours fun place
Cons: short breaks minimum wage
great place great people great hours hardest part are slow days with less customers enjoyable is the people and management
Work by managing a busy store as a staff pharmacist.
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 4, 2015
Cons: no breaks
Typical day at work is a busy work day with supervision of staff and great multitasking skills to help deliver great service while working promptly and accurately. I have learned how to manage my team while being a team player, have to help employees out and they have to help you. The hardest part of the job is to be able to handle the work load with out having enough help.
good Job
Sales/Stocks (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 4, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
• Cashier/Handled over $1500.00 cash, credit and debit
• Customer service/provided helpful information on products ranging from photo to medicine
• Sales Advertisement/Displaying and distributing of cosmetics, Vitamin's and households cabinetry's
Productive and Exciting Place to Work
General Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 31, 2015
A typical work day in Duane Reade for a general clerk consisted of register duties. Currency handling, stocking products for customer consumption, answering phone calls in regards to items or concerns, planogram fixtures, and store maintenance. Customer service was a big part of the job.

With this being my first job, I learned a lot about customer service. How to efficiently work a register, stock products, read a planogram diagram and interact with the everyday buying public.

There were no hard parts to working at Duane Reade, all in how you handle your work environment. The most enjoyable part was aiding customers in their needs and my co-worker team.
POSITIVE WORKPLACE
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 30, 2015
GOOD WORK ENVIRONMENT
POSITIVE PEOPLE
ENJOYED WORKING HERE
MANAGERS WERE VERY NICE AND PROFESSIONAL
ENJOYED THE INTERACTION WITH THE PUBLIC
PLEASANT COWORKERS
good for people who are in school
Cashier (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYMarch 25, 2015
duane reade is a great job for individuals who are in school the schedules are flexible and the managers work with you how ever it is not a career choice. its great for the moment but you do not want to be there for long.
Boring
Shift Leader (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 25, 2015
a typical day at work was to manage 5-6 employees a day and give them task to do, while i also did projects and do money drops
Productive but not as comfortable
Cashier/ Stock (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 14, 2015
Pros: no micro management
Cons: the night dragged
Wasn't the greatest but it work out while I went to school. There were many night I found my dragging to get through the night
Nice environment
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 10, 2015
Working here was fast paced especially during rush hour. I never imagined people wanting soup in the summer but I definitely learned I was wrong about that. Management was great at first until it came time to prove a point.
Productive and customer friendly atmosphere
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 3, 2015
Pros: good culture, friendly and interactive atmosphere
Cons: short of staff, aggressive customers, low salary rate
A typical day at work would be one of greeting every customers using the company's branded salutations. My experience in customer service have been a great success in the past couple of months as I have been complimented by both my managers and customers for doing a great job. I have learned how to manage cash effectively and also how to make transactions regardless of the method of payment effectively and efficiently. The hardest part of my job is satisfying a difficult and angry customer. I love what i do because a may be the one that can make someone day, put a smile on their face and to just make a difference in their day no matter how little of an influence it may be.
Retail Management PLUS
Manager - Photolab Technical Support & Training (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: compensation and incentive
Cons: high stress and high demand environment
Duane Read (eventually a Walgreen's company) is a staple in and around the Metro New York City area. Anyone who lives and often visits NYC has either been to or seen a DR store.

The work day was long and hard. Commute time were unpredictable at times and made for stress. The fast paced world of NYC was exciting yet taxing.

I enjoyed the time in the field and the office culture was as fast paced as the store locations. Many challenges were faced in those times (9/11, economic down-turn, etc.) but all in all it was a reentry into the retail segment and I found it rewarding and enriching.
customer service
Photo Technician/Cashier (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYFebruary 18, 2015
greet customers. explain photo packages. print and prepare photos. clean and maintain work area. troubleshoot printing equipment cashier.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Cons: short breaks and we were understaffed
The hardest part of this job was the coworkers. But i loved the customers and the enviroment. I just wished we had more staff on my shift.
Not the best people
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: people
Duane Reade is not for everyone. If you want a professional growth and being with well-rounded people, the place is not for you.
great customer service
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 11, 2015
Duane reade was my first job i learned a lot working there like how to provide great customer service. Duane reade also had some cons like a different work schedule every week.
duane reade
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 8, 2015
i learned how to manage money. coworkers seemed unmotivated. dealing with uncooperative customers. regular friendly costumer.
Productive and Exciting Work Environment
Category Manager (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYFebruary 6, 2015
It was great to work with amazing co-workers and amazing vendors. It was a lot of work, but I enjoyed doing it as everyone was always willing to work as a team to get the overall goal accomplished.
Great team work.
Cashier (Current Employee), brooklyn, new yorkFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: union job, over time, discount, great place to expand a carreer.
Cons: work weekends, work till late.
A typical day at work consist of me greeting customers, filling in-caps, and checking customers out at the register. I have learned to deal with extremely difficult situations, I learned to manage large group of staff members. My managers are great. Each and one of my manager show respect and keep a great work environment. They make sure everything flows smoothly at work on a daily basis and promote new and better opportunities at our field. The hardest part of my job is memorizing every sale item and special events.The most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers they make my day go by so quickly and is never a dull moment. Even the customers are great every so often it can be a bit challenging but overall great job environment.
productive place
Cashier/Overnight Crew (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 4, 2015
this job was ok nothing really special about it work long hours till closing but great job overall great customers great workers store was always clean and ready for the customers
An opportunity to grow in the retail industry
Shift Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: exciting work environment
Cons: lack of benefits for shift managers
As a shift leader, you encounter many different responsibilities, that include dealing with customers, employees, and management. You have to be able to balance your time, and be able to assess your staff and what they can be depended on to do. I learned how to be a manager, how to advance in the retail industry, and how to be a creative thinker in regards to management styles. My manager was young and trying to advance to become a regional manager which gave me support to be driven to advance in retail. The hardest part of the job was having to count cash receipts at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help people on a daily basis.

About Duane Reade

Duane Reade -- the Big Apple of drugstores -- has been swallowed by a big fish: Walgreen. Named after the two streets where its – Read more

Duane Reade Salaries