Duane Reade Employee Reviews

Ehh
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2017
Duane reade was alright . Wasn't the best wasn't the worst but it was okay .. they have they pros and cons as a company but it's not too bad it's alright
Pros
Experience
Cons
Bad security
good work environment with a disrespectful supervisor
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2017
My supervisor was very disrespectful. I did not enjoy my job here as much as I could have if I had a more pleasant supervisor. Other than that the job was bearable.
Pros
customer service experience
Cons
supervisor
very customer oriented
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2017
A good place to start a career in retail. You will learn a lot. benefits are not that great and they will cut hours at certain times of the year. Easy promotion.
Productive, friendly and professional
Pharmaceutical Tech (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 8, 2017
On an average day, I felt satisfaction in a sense that I know I made a difference. I learned patience, communication, team work, different types of medications, helping others and health. The management was understanding, cooperative, helpful, knowledgeable, had great leadership and much to teach. Work place culture was great can't complain. The most difficult part of the job is knowing that all medicines are not cures. And the most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things.
Pros
there's room for advancement, good teamwork and comfortable environment
Cons
store went out of business
very quick paced work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2017
A lot tourist, so very quick paced. The manger are very understanding. Some times have to come to work because the work flow is very fast because it's near Time Square.
Good job
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 4, 2017
I worked for this company for 5 years and wasn't appreciated. I worked hard and got recognition or raise of 25c through the union contract. Hope its a better place now.
Very productive place to work
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2017
Productive place to work, very diverse work environment and staff, provides a wide range of positions to learn and build from and great fulltime benefits
Pros
Builds great work experience
Cons
Not a easy job to obtain
A lot of hard work
Overnight Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2017
Overall I enjoyed working overnight, it was quite an experience. Supervising staff I've learnt to be patient and delegate. Being a leader has helped me become a better worker. Duane Reade has taught me to work diligently and sharpen my managerial skills
Very busy
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 1, 2017
Every locations are different, but majority of the people I've worked with has been great. I've learned a lot based on the different medications. Very consistent workflow. The best thing about the job, I would say, are the patients, I've loved all my patients that I've encountered.
Pros
majority of the employees are very nice.
Cons
short breaks
productive fun workplace
Cashier/sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2017
Excellent working environment. My coworkers were hard working as well. We received 15% off everything in the store and received thirty minute breaks. The hardest part about the job was staying awake honestly because of the music that was being played but because we had great managers they allowed us to listen to music as we worked.
Pros
15% off meals
Cons
short breaks
no advacement
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2017
stressful.upper management does not take opinion of workers to suggest a new way of helping bring the moral of employees nor do they take customers as well
Low pay and room for advancement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2017
I only took this job because it was the only one I could find. I've learned to do the opposite of what was taught. No room for advancement and low pay.
Pros
Some of my co-workers
Cons
No health coverage
Na
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 28, 2017
If you need a job and just need to get a pay check this is the place for you. They have a lot of different shifts to work. It is ok to work there and you getva discount.
Good
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 28, 2017
The most enjoyable time I had at Duane reade was watching the customer smile after you help them and learning the tricks of the trade for company, it was a good time for me
Useful first job!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kew Gardens, NYApril 24, 2017
This was my first job onto the job market and I learned a lot. I handled the floor, did stock inventory and greeted customers. We had to multi-task at this job so I did learn a lot. Greeting customers was my favorite part of the job and I found doing inventory to be a challenging part of the job.
Pros
Good breaks, flexibility with schedules
Cons
Not enough job advancement
duane reade
Cashier and Stock (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 24, 2017
working in duane reade was a fun experience. i learned how to work with people from all over the world. working there isnt really a hard job you just have to focus.
Productive work environment and great team work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 23, 2017
Great place to work at especially for a high school student. You will develop communication and social skills. You will also develop and practice maintaining schedules and multitasking skills.
It went well for me
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2017
It was easy.. Started as a cashier and ended up becoming a manager. Compensation not good. But taught me how to manage everything from employees to high risk situations
productive an very easy going
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2017
if you are a extravert Duane Reade is definitely a great place to work stock work is a little challenging at first because you don't have the ideology of where specifics go but even then don't be discouraged because your team is there to help
productive
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2017
Not really the best workplace if you want to grow. A typical day for me there is restocking shelves and making sure people didnt steal. Also not very safe in the environment im in
Pros
n/a
Cons
no safety

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Duane Reade. Our community is ready to answer.